Neilsons new long term contract

Craigieboy

The Old Tolbooth

Totally agree with the OP, that today was disgusting, embarrassing, and cowardly from the manager, we have better players than Hibs, are playing in a higher league than them, and for him to set us up like we did was just unforgivable!

No long term deal please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kalamazoo Jambo

Neilson's just the head coach, the shocking tactics in big games have Levein's grubby paws all over them.

If you sack Neilson we'd just receive a similar puppet making the same mistakes.

"grubby paws"?

Really?

I think neilson has done well apart from the hibs game I think if we beat hibs next week opinions may change but if get beat think we should look at a change

I think he is a good coach but his inexperience and through that his caution has cost us points and games.

I'm behind Robbie just now but I don't think we should be throwing contracts at the guy yet.

Negative scenario - if we are knocked out in the replay and Aberdeen end up 15 points ahead of us with us in a scrap for 3rd I'd view that as seriously mediocre.

Positive scenario being we win the replay and go on to have a run in the cup and finish miles ahead in 3rd and push Aberdeen for 2nd.

It could go either way to be honest.

In conclusion I think ourselves as supporters and the board should see how the season pans out first before we get too upset with what yet hasn't happen.

All is not lost, the mood will change if we hammer Hibs at Easter Road.

All that said there is no doubt about it, today's 2nd half performance which can only be presumed to be Robbies tactical decision to sit deep has cost us a game.

MacDonald Jardine

This thread is pish, he is a good manager. Just because hibs came back to take it to a replay, dosent mean we can't still win the tie. Neilson is the man

Obvious infoltrator.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to know if beating hibs is a must for the management team because for supporters it's a must and we have just not turned up for any of the hibs game. And it's look like they will join us next season along with a much improved rangers

Have you had a look at Levein's Derby record?

Levein being at Hearts will go a long way to securing our long term success - honestly think the Levein-haters must enjoy our wee stumbles, if only to justify their pot shots.

Derby record is irrelevant after so long.

Levein progressively became more negative after leaving Hearts. Who can forget his time at Scotland playing with no strikers and 11 men behind the ball waiting to be picked off by Czech Republic thinking he was the architect of future football tactics.

This is the man Neilson takes his direction from.

I don't have many gripes with Levein, He has clearly brought more good than anything to Hearts, but does anyone think we can go to Easter Road knowing what we do and turning in a performance?

He deserves it ffs. Anyone who says otherwise is just upset that Hibs have actually turned up to derbys lately.

And people thought I was crazy when I said last week that bad result after today's game people will make out robbie is an awful manager.

Seriously guys you have the emotional swing of 2 year olds.

Sums up JKB, emotions of a petulant child.

And he's not praying

Thought he'd changed his approach towards the bigger games.

Obviously not.

2nd half today was unforgivable.

boabyarsebiscuit

Who would be better?

Elvis?

Jimmy Calderwood?

Billy Davies?

Anybody.

Neilson is ****ing clueless and should be nowhere near a head coaches' job anywhere in the SPFL Prem.

Bazzas right boot

Depends, if Anne wants a positive, forward thinking manager, maybe look elswhere.

However, if she wants a hearts man to work along another hearts man and bring long term stability to the the club, he might be a good bet.

Tough one, for me he's to cautious., but I'm indifferent.

I started a joke thread last week (deleted for some reason) asking who should replace Neilson if he didn't win today.

I had no idea people would actually be suggesting it for real.

Robbies record in games against so called big teams is not good, mainly due to his negative tactics,to be successful you hav to want to win games , not want to not get beat

I struggle to reconcile the tactics in the last round with today...Like Jekyll & Hyde. Once again finding myself saying I hope Neilson learns his lesson...

I struggle to reconcile the tactics in the last round with today...Like Jekyll & Hyde. Once again finding myself saying I hope Neilson learns his lesson...[/quote

But he never does seem to learn his lesson. That's 5 or 6 game's he's cost us. If that was a player costing us 5 or 6 game's would he still be in the team. He seems to stubborn to change his tactics. Plus player's that question his tactics get punted or put on loan

This thread is such nonsense.

We are moving ahead and I think we will soon be challenging for the title.

Today was an annoyance but we will win the replay. For what it's worth I wanted us to obliterate these scumbags who tried to destroy us in our darkest hour. I will never forget or forgive but I think Neilson will be as annoyed and devastated as all of us.

Bigger picture.

This thread is such nonsense.

We are moving ahead and I think we will soon be challenging for the title.

Today was an annoyance but we will win the replay. For what it's worth I wanted us to obliterate these scumbags who tried to destroy us in our darkest hour. I will never forget or forgive but I think Neilson will be as annoyed and devastated as all of us.

Bigger picture.

Kidding yourself on mate

John mcCartney

anybody been thinking that it might take a revolt by the foundation of hearts members
to empty neilson?

its not going to go well at fester,i know it....theres a cushion,and thats v partick tho.
that arguably is the bigger game for neilson and his staff`s future

Ffs , Robbie had earned a new contract by doing an excellent job so far You have got to remember the guy is still firmly in the learning faze of his career . Are we really saying that , because is derby record isn't fantastic he hasn't earned an extension to his contract .

Sitting third in the spl, still in the Scottish cup , hardly a terrible season . Has made mistakes in the last 4 or 5 derbys but we have only lost one , by the odd goal . Just sayin'

Couldnt give a shit if hes in the learning curve or not he was a rank football player and he isnt any better as a manager.  I wouldve sacked him for simply saying we arent good enough to challenge celtic.

FFS ross county can beat them.

Says it all   time to get rid 

Couldnt give a shit if hes in the learning curve or not he was a rank football player and he isnt any better as a manager. I wouldve sacked him for simply saying we arent good enough to challenge celtic.

Says it all time to get rid

This

Couldnt give a shit if hes in the learning curve or not he was a rank football player and he isnt any better as a manager.  I wouldve sacked him for simply saying we arent good enough to challenge celtic.

Says it all   time to get rid 

Sorry but, and I am as disappointed as you, please F@@@k right off.  

Couldnt give a shit if hes in the learning curve or not he was a rank football player and he isnt any better as a manager. I wouldve sacked him for simply saying we arent good enough to challenge celtic.

Says it all time to get rid

that really sums it up, clueless today. He couldn't get his message across to the players, continued changing it - 4 a 2,3 a 5 make your mind up!!!

And why switch Cowie in to the middle?

We should have won easily, crap tactics to blame!

P.s as a full back he was even worse that that imposter playing left back second half!

Sent from my iPhone using

anybody been thinking that it might take a revolt by the foundation of hearts members

to empty neilson?

its not going to go well at fester,i know it....theres a cushion,and thats v partick tho.

that arguably is the bigger game for neilson and his staff`s future

We're well and truly f----- when people start using the threat of pulling their FoH subscriptions as a way of emptying managers.

We owe it to the board to let them carry out their 5 year plan.

boabyarsebiscuit

We're well and truly f----- when people start using the threat of pulling their FoH subscriptions as a way of emptying managers.

We don't owe the board anything. The board owe us.

If we have a shite manager we should replace him with a better one. What's so revolutionary about that idea.

There's only one thing Neilson should be getting in the post and it's not a new contract offer.

The main problem I have is the standard of football has been declining since the middle of last season. We've gone from a passing team that was enjoyable to watch to a team that plays a lot of long balls and percentage football.

I also don't think that he is giving the players enough freedom to play and this will soon lead to frustration within the team.

IN his first season in a head coach position he skooshed the league and has us sitting third in our first season back in the top league.  On paper that's not a record to be sniffed at.  Thing is, even taking away today, and I cant quite put my finger on why, I'm not that overly fussed if he was to sign a new deal or not.  Which may sound a little harsh when you consider where we were when he taken over.

Jam Tarts 1874

People becoming so unhappy that they would do this in protest is a nightmare scenario, but is always going to be somewhere in the background.

If we have a shite manager we should replace him with a better one. What's so revolutionary about that idea.

There's only one thing Neilson should be getting in the post and it's not a new contract offer.

This board have barely got any of the big decisions wrong.

They want Hearts to grow and succeed.

Frankly, I'll trust their collective judgement more than a bunch of knee-jerk fans, hurting after a shite performance.

John mcCartney

this

not having this neilson is in with the bricks chat,our derby record with him is already woeful

and that cant last five ****ing years surely tf

boabyarsebiscuit

This board have barely got any of the big decisions wrong.

They want Hearts to grow and succeed.

Frankly, I'll trust their collective judgement more than a bunch of knee-jerk fans, hurting after a shite performance.

I've thought Neilson was shit for months. Not allowed to say it on here though.

All aboard the happy bus. Clap-clap.

Apparently I'm kidding myself on.

Well fine but I will continue to believe we are moving in the right direction.

Today was shite for I think a variety of reasons but we have the right people in charge and have 8000 plus people putting their hands in their pockets to help this club every month.

Just imagine for a moment what it must be like to be one of them, potentially with another season in the lower leagues and a beating in the wee cup.

I've thought Neilson was shit for months. Not allowed to say it on here though.

All aboard the happy bus. Clap-clap.

I agree that he has got a lot wrong but we're currently exactly where we'd expect to be (if not slightly better).

In the next 2 years, if we're not consistently pushing for cups and the upper reaches of the league - something will have gone wrong.

Today was shite for I think a variety of reasons but we have the right people in charge and have 8000 plus people putting their hands in their pockets to help this club every month.

Just imagine for a moment what it must be like to be one of them, potentially with another season in the lower leagues and a beating in the wee cup.

Your are right mate we are moving in the right direction. But I just don't think Neilson is man to take the club any further.

MacDonald Jardine

How many of the 8000 do you think were happy about today's debacle?

If Neilson thinks that's in any way acceptable he shouldn't be anywhere near Hearts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lost in space

This thread is pish, he is a good manager. Just because hibs came back to take it to a replay, dosent mean we can't still win the tie. Neilson is the man

Can you please explain to the rest of us why "Neilson is the man"?

Yes, last year against Ally McCoist and a very poor Hibs team - we won promotion (although we were poor in the BIG games).

This year - we are third - but we now know that there is not many decent teams in the league.  We have better players (mostly the younger players like Paterson getting older).

So - what has Neilson done this season - apart from being a chicken away from Tynecastle ... and now at Tynecastle?

It is too early to talk about extensions.

We had plenty players who done an excellent job last season, but they were punted, as the club felt, as well as they had done, they could not take us to the next level.

The same should apply to Robbie. We should review the situation at the end of the season, no earlier.

Anybody.

Neilson is ******* clueless and should be nowhere near a head coaches' job anywhere in the SPFL Prem.

I disagree. I think it's you that's clueless. Get a life.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

**** sake, here we go again.

Second half today was shambolic but it doesn't change anything, Neilson is still very much the man to take us forward.

Win the replay and all will be forgiven.

Hypothetically speaking here. If Neilson was to go tomorrow, he would not be missed one single bit would he?

Off the field things are going pretty well, no problem with that.

Hearts are a massive club who could attract far better standard of manager, who plays all out to win.

I'm not a fan of his, too many shitebag performances for me in big games.

I will wait for the "but we are in 3rd place" brigade to come along shortly.

Bore off

What a difference a few days make.

After Ann's interview with Ewan Cameron loads on here were delighted when she mentioned talks were about to take place on tying up our management on longer deals.

Fast forward to today and just look at the reaction.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely gutted/raging at the way we capitulated today and Robbie needs to put his hand up and admit he got it wrong.

Is it worth the bullet though? Let's see what happens in the replay and take it from there.

Sorry mate.....Robbie gets it wrong far too often in my opinion.

Robbies record in games against so called big teams is not good, mainly due to his negative tactics,to be successful you hav to want to win games , not want to not get beat

Is a team that is second in the second division a big team?

Archived