First impressions of Dauda and Cowie? (merged threads)

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Both seemed pretty anonymous, maybe not surprising. Shame the big guy couldn't make himself a hero with that header though.

Not the easiest game to pass comment on them jesus...

Looking forward to righting the wrongs of today at fester road...

rudi must stay

Dauda. Looks pretty slow and weak to me. I think Cowie looks good though, a good sign that stepped up abit at the end

So a forward plays his first game in a 100mph derby where we don't have enough decent possession and he is instantly condemned as garbage? 

Fantastic.

Dauda never really got a chance because we never really supplied anything to him around the danger area. Whenever he did get the ball Hibs had Barkley dropping back from midfield because he could beat him for pace. Which showed the couple of times Dauda broke from near the halfway.

Cowie wasn't nearly as effective as a Buaben is and will need to improve which I believe he will given time.

Dauda shouldn't have started today.

Cowie was an injury-driven sub and did okay for that but we missed Buaben's attacking intent.

Dauda was isolated by inept Nielson tactics in 2nd half so jury out on him but never seen this blistering pace yet. Cowie looked crap.

Duada didn't see enough of the ball. Worked hard without contributing much.

Was impressed with Cowie first half. Nobody gets pass marks second half.

Too early to judge.

Thought Cowie looked alright in the first half and faded. Both of them don't look near fit enough.

Dauda: too slow, poor first touch and hardly won an aerial challenge, first game might improve, but should never have started such an important game.

Cowie: Didn't do much to impress, don't think he will be too influential for us, hope I'm wrong.

Jambof3tornado

Cowie seemed ok. Dauda looked like he should have been allowed time to settle before being thrown into that type of match.

Robbies decision to not start juanma, wonder if he's regretting it now.

Dauda looked absolutely woeful

Cowie seemed alright

Both got a lot to prove

Spot on. Dauda didn't even look that interested. Didn't challenge for one ball all game.

Willing to give him a chance but underwhelmed on that performance!

Cowie was fine linking with Paterson but anonymous when the genius moved him inside. He's slower than me as well.

Dauda blew his big chance to be a hero and controls it further than I can kick it! He's no Wayne Foster!!!

I will go easy on them for now, they didn't show anything to get excited about, will give them the benefit of the doubt, as they still need to get to know the players around them.

Giving new players a derby start is never advisable.

Neither looked up to the pace of the game, which tells you quite a lot about the management.

Marooned in Sec Z

Cowie didn't look up to match pace and Duada was very poor. Juanma should have started.

The Future's Maroon

Dauda - no service, looked a bit lost up there.

Cowie forced on and did alright in the first half...no one did anything in the second half.

Very difficult to judge them in this game, need to give them a few more weeks before passing proper judgement.

Tynecastle Valhalla

rubbish both of them

why juanma didnt feature at all in the game is laughable

beijingandrew

Cowie was fairly average, did nothing special but no mistakes of note.

I actually thought Dauda played well with the few touches he got but he played too much as an out and out striker and should have come deeper to get involved.

Big Slim Stylee

Yes a derby is a perfect time to judge them.....

It's utterly insane that people rush to judgement on one game - and a derby at that.  And in an all round average Hearts effort.

Both were awful, but I thought the entire team were awful. Dauda doesnt appear to have much pace, though, there were two opportunities for breaks in the second half but he was too slow to take advantage of them.

Not impressed think dauda will improve.think thats the best you will see of cowie not good signing

Cowie looks like a neat and tidy sort of player, like gomis without the tackling ability, having said that i don't think he's played a lot of football recently so I'm not ready to chuck him on the slag heap

Reilly was very noticeable annoyed by daudas work rate, remains to be seen if he's taking his loan seriously

Both were awful, but I thought the entire team were awful. Dauda doesnt appear to have much pace, though, there were two opportunities for breaks in the second half but he was too slow to take advantage of them.

Dauda was completely knackered by then. What I would say is that Reilly and Dauda are too similar... Has to be one of those paired with Juanma each week.

If we have to depend on Dauda for the rest of the season we might as well give up. The boy was totally lost today, couldn't hold the ball up did and nothing to show he is a good signing. We would have been better playing with 10 men.

Shows all the signs of being another Swanson/Kenny Anderson/Osaniwa type player.

To think we sold Sow and ended up with this Lemon....

Won't judge them after a game. Nicholson should have been subbed earlier he was obv struggling and Juanma should have been on for dauda at about 70. Lucky to be 2-0 up, should see it out but neilson has explaining to do. Sitting deep for 45 against that shite ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived