monday night fitba - derby preview

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle

We are recording a derby preview special this Friday which will be available to listen to on Saturday to get everyone pumped up!

Going to discuss favourite derby moments that are not goals related (been done to death)

Please post your favourite derby moments here or @mnfitba and we will look to read out some of the best comments

Malcolm Tucker

Adrian Mrowiec frantically calling for a stretcher for Ivan Sproule after he started rolling about from Ryan McGowan brushing his forehead against his chest. Sproule was raging. Great stuff.

Also Neil Macfarlane winning a crunching tackle in front of the old East Stand at ER and celebrating it like he'd scored a goal.

Random memories, but always stuck in the mind.

Skippy Doodle

Adrian Mrowiec frantically calling for a stretcher for Ivan Sproule after he started rolling about from Ryan McGowan brushing his forehead against his chest. Sproule was raging. Great stuff.

Also Neil Macfarlane winning a crunching tackle in front of the old East Stand at ER and celebrating it like he'd scored a goal.

Random memories, but always stuck in the mind.

I remember the macfarlane moment haha

Skippy Doodle

The 'relegation party' Ben Williams tried to burst a balloon and completely misses it. :lol:

Haha sure I saw a clip of that on here the other day

The 'relegation party' Ben Williams tried to burst a balloon and completely misses it. :lol:

Please discuss the relegation party , questions need answering? How did they really feel after and now?would they plan the same etc?

Skippy Doodle

Please discuss the relegation party , questions need answering? How did they really feel after and now?would they plan the same etc?

Valid question I'd say although the lads on show would not have been in that vocal majority before the game I reckon

Valid question I'd say although the lads on show would not have been in that vocal majority before the game I reckon

Damn but maybe you could introduce a phone a friend section for this?

Skippy Doodle

Damn but maybe you could introduce a phone a friend section for this?

Haha I will certainly ask the question

Ian Murray (sporting a new haircut as I remember) taking his time in handing the vodka half bottle to the ref in the 4-4 game. It should never have been thrown but I still maintain the length of time he took in handing it over resulted in the amount of injury time added and therefore allowing the equaliser to be scored.

I can't help but think I'm over egging this a bit, but this is how I've always remembered it...

Skippy Doodle

Ian Murray (sporting a new haircut as I remember) taking his time in handing the vodka half bottle to the ref in the 4-4 game. It should never have been thrown but I still maintain the length of time he took in handing it over resulted in the amount of injury time added and therefore allowing the equaliser to be scored.

I can't help but think I'm over egging this a bit, but this is how I've always remembered it...

Pretty much bang on mate that's how I remember it

Zal doing the 5-1 to the Hibs fans first game after Cup Final

it did rebound on him a bit as he got booked and we didn't win game

but as good as Griffiths celebrations

The Future's Maroon

Just the sheer fear in their eyes whenever Rudi was on the ball!!

Fozzy on the fence?!

Skippy Doodle

Zal doing the 5-1 to the Hibs fans first game after Cup Final

it did rebound on him a bit as he got booked and we didn't win game

but as good as Griffiths celebrations

yeah that was a weird atmosphere that day - i think that game was the start of the general apathy we had as fans at the product on the pitch that season - expectation after cup final led to one of the most subdued hearts supports that day

ooh-aah-cantona

Rudi Skacel at Easter Road giving the 'L' losers sign.

Or the Easter Road Derby when Gordon Smith scored, and Marius Cinikas at right back. I think he was even more surprised than any supporter to be playing. Hibs actually made him look half decent!

Kevin Kyle giving Derek Riordan "advice" as he left the pitch after that Easter Road crowd pleaser on Rudi.

John Collins pub team quip coming back to haunt him.

Christophe Berra jumping like a Brown Trout after Steven Fletcher hacked him down.

Hibs crowd chanting Happy New Year to the Hearts fans in the 4-4 game only for the Hearts fans to respond with Happy New Weir 2 mins later!

Skippy Doodle

Rudi Skacel at Easter Road giving the 'L' losers sign.

Or the Easter Road Derby when Gordon Smith scored, and Marius Cinikas at right back. I think he was even more surprised than any supporter to be playing. Hibs actually made him look half decent!

i remember the goal being just before half time and when that amsterdam song came on the whole away end was bouncing

One of my favourite derby celebrations was David Smith at ER. Utter carnage. Wayne Foster was a year before my time!

I remember during the celebrations Hibs fans cheering, only after did I find out it was after a Jambo ran on the pitch doing the GIRFUY to the Hibbies and a Hibs fan running on and taking him out. Shame on the Jambo but still funny.

Skippy Doodle

One of my favourite derby celebrations was David Smith at ER. Utter carnage. Wayne Foster was a year before my time!

I remember during the celebrations Hibs fans cheering, only after did I find out it was after a Jambo ran on the pitch doing the GIRFUY to the Hibbies and a Hibs fan running on and taking him out. Shame on the Jambo but still funny.

That David Smith game had one of the best Bush bar atmospheres ever. Think the fans rallied together due to our league standing

Skippy Doodle

One of my most vivid memories was walking out of Easter road after losing 2-1 in April 1998 singing we'll meet again

Weird day as we knew we had more or less list our chance of keeping in touch with old firm that day but still had the comfort of knowing our rivals looked doomed at the bottom of the table

Skippy Doodle

Plenty of talking points to discuss on @mnfitba tomorrow night .Let us know your thoughts on your team's performance today and any aspects of the match you would like us to focus on

Skippy Doodle

We've had some technical problems with this week's recording which we have to tackle before we can upload it. We'll keep you updated. SM.

Hi folks :)

After a few technical problems and a wee switch up, we've recorded 2 seperate shows this week.

One with myself & Sean as a Hibs episode, and one with myself and Scott as a Hearts episode.

Both are now available through the usual channels.

Thanks.

Archived