US Elections 2016

JamboX2

UA, Dinesh D'souza? What's he all about?.

Aren't his 15 minutes of fame up?  Complete conservative nutcase, convicted of fraud if I remember correctly.  Has he done something recently?

Regarding niblick, and seriously, this is hopefully the last time I'm going to dignify this shit with a response.  There were three different investigations of Vince Foster's suicides by people who were looking for anything, ANYTHING to drag the Clintons' name through the mud.  Every single one came to the same conclusion -- Foster was a young prodigy who experienced career setbacks and had difficulty dealing with them.  But just the faintest whiff of scandal that pervades around it and the Whitewater investigations (which have been done to death) is enough to keep hopefuls and fantasists sniffing around it continually.  (These are the same people who brought only the THIRD Presidential impeachment proceedings in HISTORY before Congress for no other reason than because of careful legalistic parsing of "sexual relations" to exclude blowjobs.  There is nothing in the previous sentence that is exaggerated.)  If you seriously think that the Clintons have somehow gotten off lightly, watch the farce of the Benghazi hearings from front to back (at the very least, that will keep you busy a while).  The amount of straw-grasping is downright comical.

I have looked at this nonsense (not at your video, but I was treated to plenty of it in the aftermath of it happening).  There are no facts, no arguments, no evidence, no investigations that will satisfy you.  You get a special, perverse delight out of feeling like you're one of the "ones who's actually awake," who's "really paying attention," who's "not convinced by the cover story."  It gives you a little spark of excitement that you've managed to uncover something that's going to amaze everyone else, and then you take to the internet to share it.  And a poor reception doesn't deter you, because you have a defensive story behind it, that we're all just "sheeple" happy with the cover story.  It's the ****ing Dunning-Kruger effect played out again and again, and no number of people saying, "no, for real, they looked and looked, there's NOTHING there," is enough to tamp down that little spark of joy and excitement you get when reading this stuff.

Fine, this life is bleak enough that I shouldn't take what gives people a bit of excitement from them.  But, again for the last time before you join the ignore list, DIFFERENT THREAD. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

If anyone is just interested in chances and likelihoods and all of that, FiveThirtyEight is currently the gold standard for data-driven election predictions.  Nate Silver, who runs the site, is a serious statistician and is extremely careful to stay within what the data are actually saying versus what he thinks the trend might be:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/politics/

(I haven't watched the odds, I think a fair number of people make a little decent side money reading Nate Silver then betting accordingly.)

Sam Wang at Princeton runs a similar site, but it's not quite as clean looking:

http://election.princeton.edu/

If anyone is just interested in chances and likelihoods and all of that, FiveThirtyEight is currently the gold standard for data-driven election predictions.  Nate Silver, who runs the site, is a serious statistician and is extremely careful to stay within what the data are actually saying versus what he thinks the trend might be:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/politics/

(I haven't watched the odds, I think a fair number of people make a little decent side money reading Nate Silver then betting accordingly.)

Sam Wang at Princeton runs a similar site, but it's not quite as clean looking:

http://election.princeton.edu/

FiveThirtyEight is an excellent site. I started out on there for the baseball stats, but the political and economic stats are equally interesting.

As UA says, check it out, it's purely data driven statistics that cite their sources, no opinion.

(Noting that this is the second time in a couple weeks I've been even more of an intemperate arse on JKB than usual.  I must be more tired from work than I thought.)

It looks more and more likely that the racist rabble-rouser, Trump, is going to win the Republican nomination.  The people who run the Republican party have seriously misread their base.  Hundreds of millions of PAC money have been spent on losing campaigns.  This race gets more fascinating by the week.

It looks more and more likely that the racist rabble-rouser, Trump, is going to win the Republican nomination.  The people who run the Republican party have seriously misread their base.  Hundreds of millions of PAC money have been spent on losing campaigns.  This race gets more fascinating by the week.

Interesting times ahead.  Trump still can't seem to crack 35%, so if Rubio could actually put together the non-Trump, non-Cruz votes, he'd win.  (Cruz is never going to get more than about 15-20%, except maybe in Texas.

Still the overwhelming majority of delegates still to be assigned.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8lGH_DvtBEM

Apologies if already posted. Great effort put into this one. Despite the incongruity here he is very difficult not to not listen to and I think that sums him up. folk thinking he is some yahoo don't get it. He is basically creating a brand to destroy the competition. I really don't think he cares much for what he says or has any real beliefs but he isn't stupid. There's a scary chance he is perhaps also the most potentially pragmatic one out the three. Cruz, as folks have said before is the real scary card. A true believer in many senses.

Trump. I'll audit the feds, I'll prosecute Clinton, I'll release the 28 pages.

If I get elected.

Sanders,

I voted against NAFTA, against CAFTA, against permanent normal trade relations with China, and I am helping to lead the opposition to the Trans Pacific Partnership......

MSNBC.

OK, enough of that. We have breaking news about nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWizAOWLMjs

Thank goodness for the MSM or we would know nothing about the TTP or anything else for that matter, and see all they nutjobs that post youtube all over the place.

Bridge of Djoum

Haha!

Either seems appropriate.

Seems a stick-on Trump will win the nomination, unless Cruz pulls in the southern states.

Interesting times ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bridge of Djoum

I get the feeling, and I live in the States, that people are done with the status quo which Hillary will fight to maintain. That will lose her a lot of support. I doubt she would beat the Donald.

Looks like uncle Bernie will gain a few more points in the near future.

American politics is so much more fun than the British version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to wonder if some folks think that it's all some sort of reality TV show and people are voting for Trump because he's the joker in the pack, the funny man, the most outrageous of them all.

Take the Mexican wall for example and perhaps our American friends can answer this, but does anybody actually believe Trump would build a wall along the US - Mexican border? 

And make Mexico pay for it?  I just wish somebody would ask the question to Trump and that is, how are you going to make Mexico pay for the wall?  And if they say no what are you going to do about it?

Everybody has been saying for months now that Trump will fall by the wayside, well there's no sign of that happening, in fact the opposite would appear to be happening now, the nomination is now his to lose.

Starting to wonder if some folks think that it's all some sort of reality TV show and people are voting for Trump because he's the joker in the pack, the funny man, the most outrageous of them all.

Take the Mexican wall for example and perhaps our American friends can answer this, but does anybody actually believe Trump would build a wall along the US - Mexican border?

And make Mexico pay for it? I just wish somebody would ask the question to Trump and that is, how are you going to make Mexico pay for the wall? And if they say no what are you going to do about it?

Everybody has been saying for months now that Trump will fall by the wayside, well there's no sign of that happening, in fact the opposite would appear to be happening now, the nomination is now his to lose.

I know, maybe he'll give Mexico the other half of their country back.

Shanks said no

And make Mexico pay for it?  I just wish somebody would ask the question to Trump and that is, how are you going to make Mexico pay for the wall?  And if they say no what are you going to do about it?

Has Trump not said he will use some of the subsidy the US give Mexico to pay for the wall? 

Trump is just blustering, saying anything he can to keep the attention on him and off the other candidates. Of course he's not going to build a wall and ask Mexico to pay for it, but there are a lot of people who've wanted to hear someone willing to take serious action on immigration for a long time and without a serious alternative they'll vote for him based on that.

Common sense says Cruz will back out after losing Texas and other Southern states on Super Tuesday. Rubio will start to gain momentum, but Kasich is likely to hang in there no matter what until his home state of Ohio votes on the 15th, drawing votes away from Rubio. By the time he bows out after losing Ohio, it's likely to be too late for Rubio to catch Trump.

Bananas.

Trump is just blustering, saying anything he can to keep the attention on him and off the other candidates. Of course he's not going to build a wall and ask Mexico to pay for it, but there are a lot of people who've wanted to hear someone willing to take serious action on immigration for a long time and without a serious alternative they'll vote for him based on that.

Common sense says Cruz will back out after losing Texas and other Southern states on Super Tuesday. Rubio will start to gain momentum, but Kasich is likely to hang in there no matter what until his home state of Ohio votes on the 15th, drawing votes away from Rubio. By the time he bows out after losing Ohio, it's likely to be too late for Rubio to catch Trump.

Bananas.

Yip.  I've been loudly saying Trump wasn't going to win, but it looks like Rubio's faltering just enough and Kasich is staying in just long enough that it might all fall out that way.

I believe that the political stalemate in Washington has large numbers of people fed up with current politics and current politicians.  To many, Trump appears like a breath of fresh air. And Sanders might be doing so well among Democrats for similar reasons.

I've predicted for weeks that Trump will win the Republican nomination.  Now I'm beginning to think he'll win the Presidency.

I believe that the political stalemate in Washington has large numbers of people fed up with current politics and current politicians.  To many, Trump appears like a breath of fresh air. And Sanders might be doing so well among Democrats for similar reasons.

I've predicted for weeks that Trump will win the Republican nomination.  Now I'm beginning to think he'll win the Presidency.

I just don't think he can. By that, I mean he doesn't have the numbers. It'd be like Chirac/Le Pen in 2002: 'reasonable Republicans' would either abstain or, with heavy hearts, vote for Clinton or Sanders.

I just don't think he can. By that, I mean he doesn't have the numbers. It'd be like Chirac/Le Pen in 2002: 'reasonable Republicans' would either abstain or, with heavy hearts, vote for Clinton or Sanders.

I think you are underestimating how despised Clinton is outside the North East. You are right that in some states the republican vote will abstain, but I think that these are predominantly democrat states anyway and won't make a difference. Clinton is going to win the democrat nomination, because their core activist vote realises that Sanders can't beat Trump. That negative reasoning just plays into Trump. I just don't see any enthusiasm in the floating electorate for Clinton who is viewed as the same old establishment. First, Trump has to get the GOP nomination. I think that if he gets more delegates than the others combined next Tuesday (and I think he will) then the race is all but over. Florida, where he is leading, in mid-March will seal the deal. One interesting point that I think is working in his favour is that the California primary is not until June when everything will be done and dusted. Had it been much earlier, and gone to Rubio, the wind could have been taken out of his sails. Not going to happen.

So can he then win the Presidency? I actually think he will. Once he gets the nomination, his campaign with dial up the rhetoric and rely more on soundbites and less on policies. He will hire the best PR people available and focus his message on the electorate that are disengaged from American politics. He will moderate some of the more extreme stuff and paint Hillary as a last century politician who has no understanding of current reality. He will portray himself as in touch with the nation and the economy and will cite as proof of this his business record. All total guff, but he will dictate the agenda for the circus which is the US Presidential race.

I fond this incredibly interesting but soooooo scary!

I think you are underestimating how despised Clinton is outside the North East. You are right that in some states the republican vote will abstain, but I think that these are predominantly democrat states anyway and won't make a difference. Clinton is going to win the democrat nomination, because their core activist vote realises that Sanders can't beat Trump. That negative reasoning just plays into Trump. I just don't see any enthusiasm in the floating electorate for Clinton who is viewed as the same old establishment. First, Trump has to get the GOP nomination. I think that if he gets more delegates than the others combined next Tuesday (and I think he will) then the race is all but over. Florida, where he is leading, in mid-March will seal the deal. One interesting point that I think is working in his favour is that the California primary is not until June when everything will be done and dusted. Had it been much earlier, and gone to Rubio, the wind could have been taken out of his sails. Not going to happen.

So can he then win the Presidency? I actually think he will. Once he gets the nomination, his campaign with dial up the rhetoric and rely more on soundbites and less on policies. He will hire the best PR people available and focus his message on the electorate that are disengaged from American politics. He will moderate some of the more extreme stuff and paint Hillary as a last century politician who has no understanding of current reality. He will portray himself as in touch with the nation and the economy and will cite as proof of this his business record. All total guff, but he will dictate the agenda for the circus which is the US Presidential race.

I agree.  There is also the 'bandwagon effect'.  It has already started among Republicans and will spread to the general public once the Presidential race starts.  If I HAD to bet on anyone being the next President, I'd bet on it being Trump.

The prospect doesn't scare me much, although it should cause Americans concern.  Trump will be another George W. Bush or Ronald Reagan, both of whose foreign policy was dreadful.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The appeal is actually really easy to understand. I'm a Sanders/Corbyn guy generally so Trump is about far from my world viewpoint as you can get, but I'm also just so sick and tired of the same shit all the time - big-finance backed establishment clones telling us the world can only work in this one way and that leaders must always think like they do and display pragmatism and realism, which basically means anything that upsets their donors or friendly corporate media is off the table. It numbs me a bit to think of another Clinton, another Blair etc that there's even a tiny, tiny bit of me that would find it mildly amusing if Trump beats Clinton.

AlphonseCapone

The appeal is actually really easy to understand. I'm a Sanders/Corbyn guy generally so Trump is about far from my world viewpoint as you can get, but I'm also just so sick and tired of the same shit all the time - big-finance backed establishment clones telling us the world can only work in this one way and that leaders must always think like they do and display pragmatism and realism, which basically means anything that upsets their donors or friendly corporate media is off the table. It numbs me a bit to think of another Clinton, another Blair etc that there's even a tiny, tiny bit of me that would find it mildly amusing if Trump beats Clinton.

Sanders I get, he's a genuine alternative to the current established politicians but not Trump, he's a dangerous idiot.

Trump. I'll audit the feds, I'll prosecute Clinton, I'll release the 28 pages.

If I get elected.

I'll add to this, fix immigration (build a wall as well as stop the muslims) and as has been mentioned, put an end to the good old boys club ( on the face of things) that is the one party state.

Out of all of these things, the only one that raised my eyebrows (for a second) was the fed, but to do that he would have to take down everything and that is not going to happen (he's lying). 

All these things are points, in isolation, that will get him votes from across the spectrum and he knows it, not to mention when you start to put two or three of them together. 

The telling thing for me is that he is not screaming from the top of the mountain he stands on about what is really behind the TPP (and it is not about jobs) and it's the one thing that gives him away because he doesn't have to be elected to do that. Patriot, don't make me laugh.

As for Clinton. Anyone that can't see right threw her, not to mention knowing the truth about her, are missing a very big part of the puzzle, therefor.....

On a side note. There is, and will be, some very telling stuff (for those that know what it means) coming out in one or two inquests, or what ever you want to call them, into the circumstances of Scalia's death. I am not saying that he was killed (I don't think he was) but it is already coming out that he was not alone and the people that were there has got people asking, who the, and what the, **** are they.

It's not how he died that has created all the strange goings on to do with the aftermath of his Death, It is who he was with, what they are, and why he was there with them.

The Washington Post. Check out the short video, and that is just scratching the surface. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-scalia-spent-his-last-hours-with-members-of-this-secretive-society-of-elite-hunters/2016/02/24/1d77af38-db20-11e5-891a-4ed04f4213e8_story.html?tid=pm_world_pop_b

I agree. There is also the 'bandwagon effect'. It has already started among Republicans and will spread to the general public once the Presidential race starts. If I HAD to bet on anyone being the next President, I'd bet on it being Trump.

The prospect doesn't scare me much, although it should cause Americans concern. Trump will be another George W. Bush or Ronald Reagan, both of whose foreign policy was dreadful.

Trump can't be allowed to win the presidency.

If he does, America will no longer lead the free world. It'll relegate itself down to a second rate power with less influence as no one will listen.

Bernie/Clinton/Rubio are the only viable candidates.

Obis from a Scottish outsiders perspective.

If he does, America will no longer lead the free world. It'll relegate itself down to a second rate power with less influence as no one will listen.

Can you expand on that? Why would Trump being president relegate the US to a second rate power?

Agree with Greenbank and Maple Leaf above. There is a massive number of disenfranchised voters in this country who have no desire whatsoever to elect another Clinton, and Trump will hammer that home to the point where he could win it. I'm not ready to say he will, but it's no longer a ridiculous idea.

Can you expand on that? Why would Trump being president relegate the US to a second rate power?

Agree with Greenbank and Maple Leaf above. There is a massive number of disenfranchised voters in this country who have no desire whatsoever to elect another Clinton, and Trump will hammer that home to the point where he could win it. I'm not ready to say he will, but it's no longer a ridiculous idea.

Well it is to me.

Everything about DT is ridiculous. Every one of the USA's allies, will cut ties, if he starts any his shit.

The Presidential election is a democratic process, hugely swayed by big $$.  There's no such thing as "can't". Trump could be elected just like Ronald Reagan was, a former movie star.  Trump has major flaws, but so do the other candidates you mention, and none of them has the charisma that Trump is displaying.

Regardless of who becomes the next POTUS, the USA will continue to be the last remaining superpower, and Trump as President won't change that.  Presidential powers are not unlimited.

As an aside, I'm old enough to remember the 1960 campaign. There was a lot of fear-mongering then too, about how fatal it would be to the USA if a Catholic was to become President.   JFK turned out to be OK as POTUS.  Trump might turn out to be alright too.

The Presidential election is a democratic process, hugely swayed by big $$.  There's no such thing as "can't". Trump could be elected just like Ronald Reagan was, a former movie star.  Trump has major flaws, but so do the other candidates you mention, and none of them has the charisma that Trump is displaying.

Regardless of who becomes the next POTUS, the USA will continue to be the last remaining superpower, and Trump as President won't change that.  Presidential powers are not unlimited.

As an aside, I'm old enough to remember the 1960 campaign. There was a lot of fear-mongering then too, about how fatal it would be to the USA if a Catholic was to become President.   JFK turned out to be OK as POTUS.  Trump might turn out to be alright too.

Reagan might have been a "movie star" at one point in his life but at least he had an actual political background and already served as Governor of Calafornia for nearly a decade. Trump isn't really comparable to anyone they've ever elected.

Reagan might have been a "movie star" at one point in his life but at least he had an actual political background and already served as Governor of Calafornia for nearly a decade. Trump isn't really comparable to anyone they've ever elect

This will open your eyes about what Reagan was really like as POTUS. Scary stuff, which may be about to be repated...

https://www.salon.com/2015/12/27/behind_the_ronald_reagan_myth_no_one_had_ever_entered_the_white_house_so_grossly_ill_informed_2/

I remember getting shot down by several posters a short while ago for saying how depressing it was that Trump was in with a serious chance of becoming US President :lol:

Wonder if those folk are still as confident.

Rubio is actually more right wing than Cruz if you look at his voting record.

I don't agree that Rubio is completely out but he needs to finish a strong second to Trump in most states and win a few as well on Super Tuesday to have a chance.

The longer Carson and Kasich stay in the worse it is for him. Trump's thinking "the more the merrier".

Whatever happens, the Republican candidate is going to be horrible. Far worse than McCain or Romney.

Rubio is marginally preferable to Trump and Cruz as an eventual candidate, but only marginally.

I remember getting shot down by several posters a short while ago for saying how depressing it was that Trump was in with a serious chance of becoming US President :lol:

Wonder if those folk are still as confident.

Not sure if I was one dismissing the views of others, but I've previously said that I think Trump has no chance of becoming President. I still think that.

He may well get the Republican nomination, but I think he is unelectable as President.

Well it is to me.

Everything about DT is ridiculous. Every one of the USA's allies, will cut ties, if he starts any his shit.p

I can think of a whole host of countries that have the most atrocious civil rights violations you could imagine that the allies of America have not cut ties with. They sell them every weapon under the sun FFS.

That Donald Trump should add et to the end of his surname!

I hope Clinton becomes president. 

Any Democrat would be better than any Republican, imo.  The Republicans love a war or two.  In the last six Presidencies:

Republican Reagan invaded Grenada.  Republican G. W. H. Bush invaded Panama.  Republican G. W. Bush invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.

Democrats Carter, Clinton, and Obama have invaded nobody.

I have watched the debates, interviews, and of course the pundits. I guess I have to explain my feeling now that Trump is like watching a runaway train. You know its all going to end really bad, but you can't help watching, but can do nothing as the train races uncontrolled down the tracks. There is an element of excitement, an element of amusement, the only thing that is missing is the element of realising the extreme damage this whole thing could cause if the final impact is as deadly as it could be.

I'm really interested in why some people think Trump is unelectable. There are a few posts stating this view but don't say why. Just for the record, I am absolutely not a fan. He has a sanctimonious attitude which is dismissive of anyone who does not agree with him. That has got to end badly.

I've been watching the Ken Burns series done for US PBS on the Roosevelt's. I wonder if Trump sees a bit of the Teddy Roosevelt's about himself. Both came from very privileged backgrounds and have a bit of a maverick past before entering into high office. TR took on the clean up of corruption in New York, particularly the police and although a conservative, threatened to nationalise the coal industry in order to confront the mine owners and improve conditions for blue collar workers. He made some monumental business mistakes prior to coming into office, loosing half his fortune in ranching in the west, and was so desperate to get involved in a war, formed the Rough Riders and charged cannon in Cuba like a madman. His abrasive approach and hard line stance endeared him to the electorate and he won a landslide second term. Because he got things done. He goes down in history as one of the best ever Presidents.

I do think that Trump is a train wreck waiting to happen, but there are similarities with TR.

I can think of a whole host of countries that have the most atrocious civil rights violations you could imagine that the allies of America have not cut ties with. They sell them every weapon under the sun FFS.

I suppose so.

I have watched the debates, interviews, and of course the pundits. I guess I have to explain my feeling now that Trump is like watching a runaway train. You know its all going to end really bad, but you can't help watching, but can do nothing as the train races uncontrolled down the tracks. There is an element of excitement, an element of amusement, the only thing that is missing is the element of realising the extreme damage this whole thing could cause if the final impact is as deadly as it could be.

Exactly.

Just imagine Trump becomes president (hard I know) but he'll become the first president in history that'll be banned from everywhere.

Clinton did send the airforce to drop bombs in a few places though.

Both Bushes invaded Iraq.

Being pedantic, GHW Bush didn't invade Iraq, he invaded Kuwait to turn repeal the Iraqi invasion.  Still, he did start a war with Saddam Hussein. 

This piece has a kind of neat turn -- bringing in the philosopher Barthes to liken Trump's campaign to pro wrestling:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/09/14/3701084/donald-trump/

Any Democrat would be better than any Republican, imo. The Republicans love a war or two. In the last six Presidencies:

Republican Reagan invaded Grenada. Republican G. W. H. Bush invaded Panama. Republican G. W. Bush invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.

Democrats Carter, Clinton, and Obama have invaded nobody.

Maybe not 'invaded' but they did bomb:

Libya

Syria

Iraq

Pakistan

Somalia

Yemen

Serbia

Montenegro

Bosnia

Sudan

Afghanistan

Etc. As bad as each other.

On a side note. There is, and will be, some very telling stuff (for those that know what it means) coming out in one or two inquests, or what ever you want to call them, into the circumstances of Scalia's death. I am not saying that he was killed (I don't think he was) but it is already coming out that he was not alone and the people that were there has got people asking, who the, and what the, **** are they.

It's not how he died that has created all the strange goings on to do with the aftermath of his Death, It is who he was with, what they are, and why he was there with them.

I think I speak for everyone on this thread when I invite you politely and respectfully to make that your last contribution.

You may be right.

I know a couple of guys over here who are conservatives through and through - to stop Trump (if he gets the Rep. nomination) one has said he'd abstain and the other said he'd vote for Sanders/Clinton. Now, that's classic anecdotal evidence, i.e. doesn't really mean much, but it is an interesting wee window into that tranche of Republican voters who will be stuck between a rock and hard place if its Trump vs Clinton/Sanders. This article covers their dilemma: http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-dilemma-of-conservatives-who-say-theyll-never-vote-for-donald-trump?mbid=social_facebook

My feeling is that there's enough of them to stop the Trump bandwagon. But who knows. We're well into uncharted territory.

J.T.F.Robertson

Did anyone see Rubio on CNN, this morning?

He was in Dallas and was mocking the spelling in some of "the Donald's" tweets. Anyway I guess Trump had called him a "choker" and that was how it was spelled. Surely that is the correct spelling?

Trump is a clown, but if you are going to take the piss, at least get it right.

He was in Dallas and was mocking the spelling in some of "the Donald's" tweets. Anyway I guess Trump had called him a "choker" and that was how it was spelled. Surely that is the correct spelling?

Rubio was right - Trump had spelt it "chocker", and wrote "honer" instead of "honor" (US spelling, of course).

To be fair to Rubio, he had a good night last night. His "watch salesman" line was his best yet vs Trump. You just wonder why he hasn't performed like that in any of the other debates.

But Trump apparently did spell it "chocker", initially. For all that matters.