Zanatta

Dayman

I'll be honest- I'm pretty excited about this guy. Obviously haven't seen a lot of him but I he looks quick has a good touch and very eager to get involved. Usually young lads hide away but he was trying his hardest to get on the ball with good movement and vision and didn't make a mistake. I also liked how at throw ins he was in front of his man actively holding him off. Looks like a tough kid. Only time will tell.

I liked the look of him for the short time he was on. I know this gets banded about a lot but I trust RN and CL to blood him in and develop him well.

Footballfirst

It was a decent cameo from him and his best so far. Still a work in progress so I'd just build on his time on the park to 15 minutes, 20 minutes etc.

Neilson's Shank

It was a decent cameo from him and his best so far. Still a work in progress so I'd just build on his time on the park to 15 minutes, 20 minutes etc.

Cheers FF how does he do in U20s?

Footballfirst

Cheers FF how does he do in U20s?

He started off playing as a central striker but has mainly been played out on the left side of midfield in recent weeks.  He's done a decent job wherever he has played, reasonably quick and has the odd trick to get past defenders. He has also missed a few chances where he might have done better, maybe down to a lack of composure, but that may come with experience.

He doesn't enjoy playing on artificial surfaces though, but it is something he will have to get used to as around three quarters of development league fixtures are played on such surfaces.

Jambof3tornado

He started off playing as a central striker but has mainly been played out on the left side of midfield in recent weeks. He's done a decent job wherever he has played, reasonably quick and has the odd trick to get past defenders. He has also missed a few chances where he might have done better, maybe down to a lack of composure, but that may come with experience.

He doesn't enjoy playing on artificial surfaces though, but it is something he will have to get used to as around three quarters of development league fixtures are played on such surfaces.

I wondered about a loan spell for Dario but think it may be better waiting until the summer to allow him to find his feet with the 20s and the odd 15 to 20 minutes first team game time.

A decent prospect so far.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can see why he is doing well in the 20s. Regular squad member with Jamie out. Looks to have all the core attributes to be a good player

Seen him a few times for the U20s. I might get pelters for this, but his game reminds me of Calum Elliot.

Until I see him on his arse greeting at the referee I can't really comment...

How old is he? Cos he doesn't looks a day over 12....

Even from the two cameos this week, clearly a lad with a lot of potential.

I asked the Q two weeks ago if RN considered him an option off the bench as opposed to just making up the numbers - a couple of people were a wee bit precious about it without reading what I actually said. He's answered that question in the last two games. Like many young players, Reilly included, it's about careful management of the player and expectation of fans, but at the same time there's not a one size fits all approach to player development (see Calum Paterson as an example) and he looks like he has a part to play over the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maroon Sailor

I like to see him play more than 10 minutes to see what he can do. He must be as nervous as that cat when he comes on.

maroonnicky63

I'll be honest- I'm pretty excited about this guy. Obviously haven't seen a lot of him but I he looks quick has a good touch and very eager to get involved. Usually young lads hide away but he was trying his hardest to get on the ball with good movement and vision and didn't make a mistake. I also liked how at throw ins he was in front of his man actively holding him off. Looks like a tough kid. Only time will tell.

sorry you are wrong , young players don't hide at all they play with out fear. Walker , Nicholson King all came through just like Zanata , the fans loved them then as soon as they drop form which will happen to zanata the fans get on there back. Just wait and see it wont be long until they start on this young lad.One fan wrote and I quote '' enjoy the plaudits but always remember you are 90 mins away from getting pelters ans it will happen

Amoruso_lets_it_run

he aint a wee player neither,hes a deceptive looking kid whos prob about 6`2 i reckon

Yeah I hadn't realised quite how tall he was until I saw him come on last night. Not diminutive in the slightest

Whilst he's a wee bit away from being a starter for the first team, he looks ready for the next stage of his development and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan to a Championship or 1st division side next month

sorry you are wrong , young players don't hide at all they play with out fear. Walker , Nicholson King all came through just like Zanata , the fans loved them then as soon as they drop form which will happen to zanata the fans get on there back. Just wait and see it wont be long until they start on this young lad.One fan wrote and I quote '' enjoy the plaudits but always remember you are 90 mins away from getting pelters ans it will happen

Its a big compliment to those that brought them on that the guys mentioned play without fear

good point

Magic Numbers

Couple of more links from the same site as quoted above, interestingly an East Fife fan (Michael McColl) is writing the blog.

http://aftn.ca/canadian-u18-international-dario-zanatta-leaves-whitecaps-to-explore-opportunities-in-europe-i-didnt-want-to-miss-out-on-the-opportunities-i-have-now/

and

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/aftn/dario-zanatta-the-next-local-whitecaps-star-r4562

Interesting insight, seems a level headed, focussed kind of guy.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I thought he looked keen to get involved and played a part in a lot of our one two's late on out on the left. A lot of younger players hide a bit and leave some of the tight passing to the more experienced players but he didn't look out of place at all and could be an excellent signing in the years to come.

To be honest, I was already away to the lager shop before he came on, but I have seen him a couple of times already. Laddie looks a talent.

We all got rather hot in the pants when Gary Glen broke through. So we'll just have to wait and see. But it would be a huge bonus to be able to develop quality strikers.

jamboinglasgow

Sounds like he has been doing well in the under 20s. And certainly did fine with his cameo on Wednesday. Will most likely spend his first 10 appearances for Hearts getting nothing more than 20 minutes off the bench. Look forward to seeing how he develops.

I think you kind of helped me prove my point. The players you've mentioned have all been a success. Bad players don't come in without fear, its the good ones that do.

He came on for about 15 minutes against Partick at Firhill and did OK in that game. Looks a promising young player.

DZ scored a beauty last night for the U20s which was out of keeping with the rest of the game. He has been played out wide left for parts of games as well as straight through the middle. The lad is only 18 and is being well taken care of by RN and CL in his development. He knows where the goal is and has 4 in his last 3 games for the Dev Squad. One thing he needs to work on is getting off the ground for high balls when he has his back to goal. He seems to get pegged down too easily by defenders in those situations. This was evident from last night's game. The boy is doing well and it's good to see that his progress is being handled with the usual aplomb. Someone commented on his dislike for turf. He may just not like poor plastic pitches as he will be  used to playing on non-grass surfaces in Canada.

Son Of Anarchy

I am so pleased to see him getting a chance with Hearts, I think he's made the right move getting away from the Whitecaps, he's still only 18! Here's a link to an article with more details about the lad:

http://aftn.ca/former-whitecaps-residency-striker-dario-zanatta-set-to-join-scottish-club-hearts/

Hadn't realised his scoring record was quite so good at the whitecaps and well done them for fore going their development fee so as not to hinder his move to us.

Think you are talking single fish mate. All the young lads get more than a chance when its comes to supporters.. Foreign player's like Juanma, Ozzy, el hass less so.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

He's got the potential to do really well for us.

It took Carrick a long time to prove he could do it for us but injury ruined him right when it looked like he had made it.

Given the same amount of time I think Zanatta will become a well loved player and I hope he has better luck.

Think you are talking single fish mate. All the young lads get more than a chance when its comes to supporters.. Foreign player's like Juanma, Ozzy, el hass less so.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Categorize Zanatta - Young Player or Foreigner!!!!!!!

I obviously welcome all quality in our team.  Seen clips of him and he seems promising but I hope people are not being overly optimistic just because he has a fancy sounding name and he is young.  He clearly is no better right now that what we currently have but hopefully we look after him and help him develop which I am sure we will.

scott herbertson

I obviously welcome all quality in our team.  Seen clips of him and he seems promising but I hope people are not being overly optimistic just because he has a fancy sounding name and he is young.  He clearly is no better right now that what we currently have but hopefully we look after him and help him develop which I am sure we will.

Sensible post. However, I'm a sucker for a name beginning with Z and ending in A - got to be hero status just for that.

For some reason this song pops up in my head every time his name is mentioned

Sensible post. However, I'm a sucker for a name beginning with Z and ending in A - got to be hero status just for that.

For some reason this song pops up in my head every time his name is mentioned

2 names spring to my mind:

Dmitri Copil

Branamir Kostadinov

Ibrahim Tall

2 names spring to my mind:

Dmitri Copil

Branamir Kostadinov

Bit harsh, he's already achieved more at Hearts the both combined.

Bit harsh, he's already achieved more at Hearts the both combined.

No no wasn't saying he is, but I was just highlighting how overly excited we can get by 'promising' young players with fancy names.

Malcolm Tucker

Just Google'd both Copil and Branny.

Copil now playing in 2nd Division in Romania, and Kostadinov playing 2nd tier in Bulgaria. I also looked up another lovely named player, Matej Rapnik. He now plays for Nonthaburi FC in the Thai Regional Leagues. Their badge is pretty cool.

220px-Nonthaburi_F.C.logo2014.png

Every day is a school day.

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't seen enough to judge if he'll make it but I feel there is a bit of the Gowser style awesome attitude in him which I love.

Robbie said on the radio after that he was planning on finding a loan deal for him but that he thinks he will keep him around to battle for a first team place.

Unfortunately this makes me think we are likely to lose someone (Sow) given that we are also looking to bring another striker in.

Archived