Hanam's or other middle Eastern type restaurant

robbo1874

As title. My gf fancies this. Looks good to me but thought I'd get some opinions from here. Experiences and or alternatives as can't say I've tried many.

Cheers

Hanam's is good: friendly owner & staff, good, interesting, and tasty food, and all the alcohol-free wine :ermm: you could ever want. (Luckily, it's also b.y.o.b.!) They do both Kurdish and Iranian style dishes - both are good - and the bread there is fantastic.

Hanedan in West Preston St. is also good - again a friendly wee place.

Haven't been to either for a while, mind you, but when I was eating-out more regularly Hanam's was a favourite.

Hanam's is good: friendly owner & staff, good, interesting, and tasty food, and all the alcohol-free wine :ermm: you could ever want. (Luckily, it's also b.y.o.b.!) They do both Kurdish and Iranian style dishes - both are good - and the bread there is fantastic.

Hanedan in West Preston St. is also good - again a friendly wee place.

Haven't been to either for a while, mind you, but when I was eating-out more regularly Hanam's was a favourite.

Cheers for that. Gf just txt back saying Nawroz is meant to be good as well.

Tbh fancy Hanam's myself.

Gf said her pals bf is in pest control and not to go to Beirut!!! Anyway going to book Yeni Meze. Like the look if menu. Thanks for the replies.

Gf said her pals bf is in pest control and not to go to Beirut!!! Anyway going to book Yeni Meze. Like the look if menu. Thanks for the replies.

You won't be disappointed. I've been itching to go back for ages. 

If I remember right we had four of the mezi dishes and a lamb iskender shared between two of us and it was plenty.

Samuel Camazzola

Pomegranate on Leith Walk is excellent and may even be run by the same family as Hanam's.

It's Middle Eastern 'street food' and BYOB.

You won't be disappointed. I've been itching to go back for ages.

If I remember right we had four of the mezi dishes and a lamb iskender shared between two of us and it was plenty.

Aye menu looks great. Planning my assault already!! Fancy the lamb,humous and pine nuts.

I'll report back.

Cheers for the tip.

Pomegranate on Leith Walk is excellent and may even be run by the same family as Hanam's.

It looked good as well but went for other place .

It's run by the same guy.

Pomegranate is excellent.

Empires on St Mary's Street was also very good last time I was in but that was quite a while ago.

Go for Nawroz.

Pomegranate and hanams owned by same folk. Might come across as friendly but a complete scumbag.

From personal experience im stating this as well (and have on here previously)

Would not give the man a penny

Dont get me wrong food is great, owner far from..

Nawroz on the other hand is fantastic and brilliant service and owners. Would highly recommend dining there.

Hanam's is good. I met a rather interesting waitress there once called Noem?.

Italian? Black hair, tattoos?

I only ask as its an unusual name!

Anyone ever been to rodi on Morrison st? It was formerly the chippy? Suppose to be good but never got round to going yet?

Yeni meze looks good but sadly when I booked online, it showed up twice in their system so they cancelled one which resulted in me getting a cancellation email so we went elsewhere, during dinner at Beruit I got a phone call from Yeni Meze and the girl shouted and screamed down the phone about how busy they were and how I'd taken up a their f****** table!

Actually glad as Beruit is fantastic, only reason for booking yeni meze was my g/f wanted to try somewhere different. 

ArmiyaRomanova

I can vouch that new (opened a few months ago) Turkish/Kurdish kid on the block Verdo in Newington is pretty damn fine.

Nawroz also good.

Archived