FOH kit

kingantti1874

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Son Of Anarchy

The McCraes strip was indeed emotional however the design was also superb. The FOH strip is special however I am afraid the design is extremely poor.

Tbh the design etc of the FOH top is immaterial to me. On my physique its for framing not wearing ;) I really like it and it screams "we did this" "we helped save the famous". It could be identical to the Scotland away shirt and id still feel the same. Without us we wouldn't have had a team to wear any shirt again. Proud to be a jambo!

Gutted for you

Was well pissed off at the time but got over it pretty quickly. Would be good if they did do a second batch with updated names but if not, I'll save ?135 from not having to buy 3 tops! Every cloud....

Tbh the design etc of the FOH top is immaterial to me. On my physique its for framing not wearing ;) I really like it and it screams "we did this" "we helped save the famous". It could be identical to the Scotland away shirt and id still feel the same. Without us we wouldn't have had a team to wear any shirt again. Proud to be a jambo!

I agree with everything you say - I am also proud to have my name on it, and the fact that fans saved our Club. All that is a gimmie.

All I am saying is that I find the design really disappointing. To me it looks like a newspaper - a maroon background with white names would have looked much better IMO.

King Of The Cat Cafe

The McCraes strip was indeed emotional however the design was also superb. The FOH strip is special however I am afraid the design is extremely poor.

A thing I find strange is that they started with Ls on the front and then moved on to Ms. The As start on the back. I would have expected the As to be on the front.

Of course, if they had been really clever, they could have had two templates: one starting with A on the front and one starting L or M on the front. That way people could have chosen/been sent a version with their name on the front.

I am on the back.

Careful! I said that when it was revealed and the vitriol started.

If some on here can't separate the fantastic cause from the poor design, then that's their problem Geoff.

A thing I find strange is that they started with Ls on the front and then moved on to Ms. The As start on the back. I would have expected the As to be on the front.

Of course, if they had been really clever, they could have had two templates: one starting with A on the front and one starting L or M on the front. That way people could have chosen/been sent a version with their name on the front.

I am on the back.

I'm an L and on the back bottom corner.

Presumably they just had a whole load of material with the names printed over and over..?

So, depending on where the material was cut for the different sizes tops etc, some people will have a top with their name on the front, but their name may appear on the back of someone else's top?

FWIW, my name is on the back of mine, so framing is kind of pointless... :-(

Presumably they just had a whole load of material with the names printed over and over..?

So, depending on where the material was cut for the different sizes tops etc, some people will have a top with their name on the front, but their name may appear on the back of someone else's top?

Sorry to hear, I landed lucky, right between the Heart and the Puma Logo ..... ideal for framing :)

Son Of Anarchy

I agree with everything you say - I am also proud to have my name on it, and the fact that fans saved our Club. All that is a gimmie.

All I am saying is that I find the design really disappointing. To me it looks like a newspaper - a maroon background with white names would have looked much better IMO.

Opinion is split for sure. I'm easily pleased I guess ;)

hearts @ heart

Agree this top is very special to me. My name is on a Hearts top and it is unlikely my name will be on another in my lifetime.

No Large in the shop. It was explained that it is a numbers game regarding getting more large printed.

Took a Medium and I was in awe and in wee robbos shadow as he offered to find my name on the shirt. Which he did.He was a gentleman. One of Hearts all time greates and a true Hearts legend showing me my name on a Hearts top.

Brilliant. Got home delighted with my top and then realised I should of got John to sign it.

Still kicking myself for not getting John to autograph it.Away to go in to a paddied room. Put it down to being in awe.

Thanks for your help Robbo.

Maroon Sailor

I said it looked like a newspaper - it's not the best looking strip in the world.

They could have put the Edinburgh skyline on it just to break it up a wee bit

jimmy the jambo

Agree this top is very special to me. My name is on a Hearts top and it is unlikely my name will be on another in my lifetime.

No Large in the shop. It was explained that it is a numbers game regarding getting more large printed.

Took a Medium and I was in awe and in wee robbos shadow as he offered to find my name on the shirt. Which he did.He was a gentleman. One of Hearts all time greates and a true Hearts legend showing me my name on a Hearts top.

Brilliant. Got home delighted with my top and then realised I should of got John to sign it.

Still kicking myself for not getting John to autograph it.Away to go in to a paddied room. Put it down to being in awe.

Thanks for your help Robbo.

Hi mate,

I've got a large & it's to big,I'll happily swap if you want,obviously it's been worn to check the size.

If your going to tomorrow's match or next Saturday,I'm sure we could meet up and swap.

Just trying to help a fellow jambo in need,drop a pm if you want?

Son Of Anarchy

From what I can see & hear the majority are quite happy with the shirt design tbh, but the old adage applies about not being able to please all the people all the time too. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd agree with that. Vast majority of mates all like it but as I've said, its what the tops about that's important to me. Can't wait for tomorrow's game.

You can get a frame with a clear plastic or glass back.

Not perfect but might do.

kingantti1874

You can get a frame with a clear plastic or glass back.

Not perfect but might do.

Mine is on the back of the right sleeve :(

Son Of Anarchy

For those who have their name on the back etc. Can I suggest you just frame the top as per usual, take a pic of your name and blow it up then put it beside the certificate. Nice wee touch, top still looks good and anyone looking can see your bane clearly, ta da ;)

Mine is on the back of the right sleeve :(

I'm back of left. I can fold it over and its seen ok. If I ever get round to framing ut

kingantti1874

I'm back of left. I can fold it over and its seen ok. If I ever get round to framing ut

If I fold it over it covers the badge :(

BRAVEHEART1874

To be fair I like the design now I have it apart from the sleeves! unless you have biceps like Mike Tyson they are baggy but walkers strip in the pictures made the top look tight.

ah well might just frame it got a nice silver picture frame somewhere probably 16" by 16" hope that works with the certificate.

queensferryjambo

Very nice touch today from the players, giving their jerseys to the fans at the end of the game!!

Brilliant will check Ebay tomorrow ;)

Only joking very nice touch from the players.

Diadora Van Basten

Did the players give their strips randomly to the fans or just to the mascots.

The reason I ask was my son was a mascot and we moved seat so he didn't get one and I am kicking myself.

Almost got Augustyns, gutted.

Prince left his gps in his

Did you not get Juanmas or was it the guy next to you ? 

Did the players give their strips randomly to the fans or just to the mascots.

The reason I ask was my son was a mascot and we moved seat so he didn't get one and I am kicking myself.

Handing them out .

I wish. Other side

The same guy that got Juanmas tried to nip Augustyns as well and was very lucky not to get a rap in the dish because he had already took juanmas of a young lad , anyway my laddie got Augustyns and its proudly sitting next to scott robinson's away top fully signed from last year and billy kings away top along with about 5 of the players boots . make a offer for the lot i may be tempted   :smug:

What do people think about the 1000s of season ticket holders that didn't subscribe to FOH? Why is this an official Hearts strip?

Nelly Terraces

Was well pissed off at the time but got over it pretty quickly. Would be good if they did do a second batch with updated names but if not, I'll save ?135 from not having to buy 3 tops! Every cloud....

Just changed yer name by deed poll to the same as someone on the top and the jobs a goodie mate! :2thumbsup:

What do people think about the 1000s of season ticket holders that didn't subscribe to FOH? Why is this an official Hearts strip?

nearly 3 quarters of season ticket holders subscribed to the FOH and many that are not even season ticket holders .

nearly 3 quarters of season ticket holders subscribed to the FOH and many that are not even season ticket holders .

Exactly. So why is this anywhere near being an official kit?

kingantti1874

Exactly. So why is this anywhere near being an official kit?

You get a seat at 18 games for your season ticket, you get nothing tangible from FOH hence the club thought this was a good idea.. And to date I've only heard one person moan about it...

Is it a character flaw in hearts fans that we absolutely must find something to whinge about

Son Of Anarchy

You get a seat at 18 games for your season ticket, you get nothing tangible from FOH hence the club thought this was a good idea.. And to date I've only heard one person moan about it...

Is it a character flaw in hearts fans that we absolutely must find something to whinge about

Personally I don't think ANY Hearts fan would bitch about the FOH strip being our official third strip.

It's not a flaw at all. It's disrespectful for our current regime to acknowledge people that decided to give to some sub culture of our club in preference to 10 year plus season ticket holders.

18 games this season is more than a fair amount of those on the strip.

Personally I don't think ANY Hearts fan would bitch about the FOH strip being our official third strip.[/quote

You'd be wrong and arrogant.

Archived