Kodi again

Unknown user

Yeah, I got given an android box but I just couldn't take to it, using a mouse got really annoying. By which I mean she didn't like using a mouse, and that got really annoying!

Since moving to a Pi2 (the Pi3 is the current and available at the same price) and installing LibreElec there really isn't a downside any more, performance is great, reliability is good and, above all else, the wife can use the normal tv remote with it.

I'll upgrade to a Pi3 one of these days but I'm very happy with the performance for now and I watch a lot of full 1080 online and local files without any problems at all.

It's also a multiboot machine, it can start up in LibreElec running Kodi, or Linux or a games emulator that I haven't got into yet.

Me & My Pi 4EVA

IDST

I've got a pi3 and its outstanding, probably just a little slower than my AFTV box. I have attached a 2TB HDD to it so i can download things i might want to keep.

The pi3 is set up with my trakt account and library integration with SALTS. As its always on trakt updates every 4 hours and adds any new episodes to my library. This then serves up all my media to my other devices, its tremendous :)

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Managed to get the Kodi icon on my newer AFTV main screen. Had to unregister, register it in my sons, Mrs & daughters accounts all managing to get the icon before it eventually appeared on mine  :uhoh2: Main thing is I got there in the end!

Tried exactly the same on my 1st gen box however it didn't work. Again all the other non Prime accounts were able to get it. I have Prime sharing setup for the family meaning any of them should be able to watch Prime Video. When registering the box in their names it doesn't let them access it. I called Amazon support explaining the issue with family not being able to access Prime content. I thought if they fixed this I would just log into the 1st gen with their accounts and I would have Kodi. After a few minutes explaining the issue the Amazon rep told me they would send out a replacement box :lol; The things over 2 years old! 

Guys a wee bit of advice.

My boss bought a Firestick at Christmas that was pre-loaded with Kodi. For some reason, the Amazon Prime app on the Firestick is locked out, he can't login with his own AP account that he also has. Has anyone come across this? Everything else works fine, he can log in with his Netflix account, can watch iPlayer etc but only seems to be Amazon Prime.

Cheers

Never heard of that issue bud. 

Rudolf's Mate

I've got a pi3 and its outstanding, probably just a little slower than my AFTV box. I have attached a 2TB HDD to it so i can download things i might want to keep.

The pi3 is set up with my trakt account and library integration with SALTS. As its always on trakt updates every 4 hours and adds any new episodes to my library. This then serves up all my media to my other devices, its tremendous :)

I was going to do one for a family member. I decided against it after it took me 40 mins on the phone talking them through logging into Netflix on their smart tv!

Anyone use builds?

I've tried a couple, however I've went back to just doing it myself. Found them more hassle than they're worth. Aeon Nox skin allows good customisation - ultimatemania, Exodus, on-tapp TV guide and Salts is all you need. Builds tend to put a lot of stuff you don't need or will ever use on your device.

That's my experience anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gimme an H...

I've tried a couple, however I've went back to just doing it myself. Found them more hassle than they're worth. Aeon Nox skin allows good customisation - ultimatemania, Exodus, on-tapp TV guide and Salts is all you need. Builds tend to put a lot of stuff you don't need or will ever use on your device.

That's my experience anyway.

Fair enough, thanks for the feedback. Will just do it myself.

Does everyone use VPN's?

Sportsmania is closed to new subs so get SportsNationHD. Exactly the same, ran by the same guys just different servers.

Or Ultimate Mania for a few quid more for quite a lot more content.

I notice that UM are starting to build a nice wee collection of 4k movies (viewable on Kodi only). Saw the first 10 minutes of one at my mates the other night. Fecking Wow on the quality !!!! You need a fast box and a fast connection but it was different bottle of bass.

Edited by CollyWolly

Gimme an H...

Never felt the need personally. You certainly don't need one for it to work.

Yeh I know it's not required, just curious. Especially if you're downloading stuff.

Yeh I know it's not required, just curious. Especially if you're downloading stuff.

lol. I never feel the need to download either. Not when its all sitting there to be streamed. I supposed you could download to take stuff on holiday with you. Then maybe you'd think about a VPN. I tend to take the box and cables with me, much to my wifes horror.

That's pretty interesting, I've been using 1channel with library integration for years now, it checks for new episodes every two hours. But synchronisation across devices is a pain, I suddenly see the benefit of trakt - it's the equivalent of keeping your library on an external sql database, except easier to synch across different kodi versions

Rudolf's Mate

What add on was that on mate

Exodus bud however it was using Real-Debrid. I looked and the non RD sources and they aren't yet decent quality. Normally not far behind though. Try SALTS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exodus bud however it was using Real-Debrid. I looked and the non RD sources and they aren't yet decent quality. Normally not far behind though. Try SALTS.

thanks . Maybe look into a rd account. Do they get hd before standard exodus a lot

Rudolf's Mate

thanks . Maybe look into a rd account. Do they get hd before standard exodus a lot

I've noticed it at least a few days earlier in some cases than if you didn't. There's been a couple of cases whereby it was available in SALTS in HD so it's possible you'd find it elsewhere. 

Another thing I like about it is the latest (current) season of Vikings, the episode just shown days ago it had 59 HD sources for. It's the same with most new content. The first one is generally perfect however there's no fannying around. 

One negative however is older content tends to vanish or is taken off. I tried watching the Soprano's again a while back and ended up having to rely on non RD sources. Probably the only negative though. 

Should add that you can sign up for RD for free and try it out from around 7-9am in the morning. Not great times but at least you can see what it's like.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

I got RD a couple of weeks. It's not essential but definitely worth the money in my book.

We have a really old Belkin router. The router we have just now is at least 8 years old if not older.

If we bought a new router, looking at the best seller on Amazon just now, would that help our streams on Kodi?

Would new ethernet cables help too, they are just as old?

Regards

Jimmy

Trying to install SportsNationHD but keeps saying installation failed, had it quite a few times with other add ons but I just keep trying and eventually works. But not this time, any ideas?

Edited by jm_hmfc

Rudolf's Mate

Trying to install SportsNationHD but keeps saying installation failed, had it quite a few times with other add ons but I just keep trying and eventually works. But not this time, any ideas?

How are you trying to install it? Try following this however select SportsNation not Mania.

http://kodicommunity.com/how-to-install-sportsmania-on-kodi/

In a lot cases it fails because of a typo when entering the URL into file manager.

Yo, did I see someone once mention Sportsmania has a section to watch previous live games?

I've Likely Lads'd the ManU Liverpool game in the knowledge to wife was oot tonight.....

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Yo, did I see someone once mention Sportsmania has a section to watch previous live games?

I've Likely Lads'd the ManU Liverpool game in the knowledge to wife was oot tonight.....

Go to the sport on demand, It's in there.

So. you don't know the score, eh?

So. you don't know the score, eh?

Aye and as per usual, I clicked on one wrong thing and saw the effin score!!!  Ho hum.  Worse when it's a Hearts game!

New to this thread. I am light on the technology front so am looking for advice on the best quality box to buy for HD films and sport and also easy to use. Any recommendations?

chester copperpot

New to this thread. I am light on the technology front so am looking for advice on the best quality box to buy for HD films and sport and also easy to use. Any recommendations?

Depends on your budget but just bought an Amazon Fire TV Boxes (not a stick, but a box) and it's fecking tremendous!

I see the Evening News is running with a story that letters are being sent out by broadband providers to people are watching illegal content through Kodi etc.

My advice, ignore it if you get one. It's just designed to put the willies up you (so to speak!) as legal action isn't being taken.

I see the Evening News is running with a story that letters are being sent out by broadband providers to people are watching illegal content through Kodi etc.

My advice, ignore it if you get one. It's just designed to put the willies up you (so to speak!) as legal action isn't being taken.

In the Record as well. It's not Kodi though - says it's to those downloading and the DR specifically mentions torrents sites and software. It also says they're not sending letters to those who stream.

The letters are nothing but notifications to the account holder that copyrighted material has been downloaded and then shared from their network, and gives advice on how to download through legal, official channels (i.e. their own services). Apparently no threat of legal action, just a notification which I bet 99% of folk completely ignore.

So nobody will be getting letters for streaming via kodi or anything else. As far as I'm aware, it's not illegal to stream in your own home anyway, downloading/uploading is a different matter. 

Edited by Toggie88

So nobody will be getting letters for streaming via kodi or anything else. As far as I'm aware, it's not illegal to stream in your own home anyway, downloading/uploading is a different matter.

I thought the position was that, it was covered in law as probably being illegal (a grey area but probably illegal), although no case has been prosecuted in the UK because they are scared if they lose it will open the floodgates, and so they prefer to go after the illegal stream hosts and block websites and throttle bandwidth.

Watching Sky Sports for nothing in your house, let there be no doubt, is almost certainly illegal. You are very VERY unlikely to be prosecuted for it though.

Virgin and the other internet providers don't give a shit. They want customers. Customers want to stream video content. Its simple. They are doing the minimum required under a wee bit pressure from premium TV providers.

If I get an advisory letter it will go right in the trash. If I get a warning I am going to be prosecuted then that's a game changer and I will have another wee think about it

Rudolf's Mate

The BBC ran this story about a week ago however whilst making it clear it was re downloading they showed a picture of Kodi along with a caption. I looked again and they've now added this to the article:

Correction: A caption in this article had indicated that Kodi itself was illegal, but was meant to refer to controversy over third-party add-ons for the platform that provide access to pirated content. Kodi itself is free software designed to let users access legally owned videos, music, games and other media in a single location.

I've got one of these - https://www.entertainmentbox.com/product/stream-tv-box-ebox-t8-v4-tv-box-latest-kodi-smart-tv-box/ , top notch quality and great service from these guys. also the aftv box is good from reviews on this thread - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-TV-Streaming-Media-Player-x/dp/B00UH2O6T2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484667882&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+fire+tv .

Bought one of these for the bedroom - works well but not as good quality as the other box. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MDOCA4I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Depends on what you want to pay for your hardware.

If you want decent sports streams, factor in getting a subscription to sportsmania. ?26 for 6 months, worth every penny and  you'll see pretty much any live sport thats on. with regard to hd films, the usual add ons will get you those, SALTS, Exodux and Specto but it might be worthwhile getting a realdebrid sub but someone else can comment on that as I haven't got one.

We ditched sky in sept and have freesat and kodi, not missing sky at all and saving a fortune.

Edited by Dutchmul

ULSTER HEARTS

Hopefully one of you can help me out...I signed up to Trakt and followed the steps to sync it to Kodi on my firestick. It told me that the add on was enabled then I couldn't get any further. There was meant to be an 8 digit code that you type into Trakt but it never appeared. All help appreciated :)

the stone rose

Anyone got a T8 box? having a problem where the box will not automatically pick up the date and time. However if i try to manually set date/time i can only go as far as 1993. As i can't set the date i cannot get kodi to bring up the most recent content. Any ideas?

Hopefully one of you can help me out...I signed up to Trakt and followed the steps to sync it to Kodi on my firestick. It told me that the add on was enabled then I couldn't get any further. There was meant to be an 8 digit code that you type into Trakt but it never appeared. All help appreciated :)

Go into salts or Exodus. Look for authorise trakt

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Disser Pointon

Anybody else getting a message coming up when trying to open openload realdebrid streams saying you have to go online and pair your device? I take it those streams are duff?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

the stone rose

Anyone got a T8 box? having a problem where the box will not automatically pick up the date and time. However if i try to manually set date/time i can only go as far as 1993. As i can't set the date i cannot get kodi to bring up the most recent content. Any ideas?

Worked out how to do a factory reset, seems to have sorted the issue for now.

the stone rose

Anybody else getting a message coming up when trying to open openload realdebrid streams saying you have to go online and pair your device? I take it those streams are duff?

Just ignore them and select another link. its what i do.

Disser Pointon

I've currently got a firestick, which I haven't had any problems with however junior wants one for his bedroom so I was going to give him the stick and get an AFTV for the living room. My question is, can I have my subscription to Sportsmania and Realdebrid running on both devices or would I have to take them off the stick in order to run them on the AFTV?

Cheers

Rudolf's Mate

I've currently got a firestick, which I haven't had any problems with however junior wants one for his bedroom so I was going to give him the stick and get an AFTV for the living room. My question is, can I have my subscription to Sportsmania and Realdebrid running on both devices or would I have to take them off the stick in order to run them on the AFTV?

Cheers

You can have them on as many devices as you want however you can only watch on one at any time. If you log onto another device it normally kicks you out. Occasionally it doesn't however if you do then you run the risk of them cancelling your account.

So basically yes on many devices but only watch on 1 [emoji3]

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

You can have them on as many devices as you want however you can only watch on one at any time. If you log onto another device it normally kicks you out. Occasionally it doesn't however if you do then you run the risk of them cancelling your account.

So basically yes on many devices but only watch on 1 [emoji3]

With sportsnation, can you use it anywhere, or just at the ip address you registered on?

With sportsnation, can you use it anywhere, or just at the ip address you registered on?

Anywhere, but only ever one stream at a time

Disser Pointon

I'm sure I've had it running on the firestick and a different game on my ipad through the app at the same time.

I believed the case to be that you can have as many devices as you want running, as long as they are all logged in from the same IP address. If you give it to your pals and they log in from a different IP address to you, and at the same time as you, then they are probably going to warn you the first time and disqualify you the next time.

I regularly watch one game on the TV and another on the mac at the same time. Never been a problem that I am aware of.

Ultimate Mania I am with. Dunno if that makes a difference.

Edited by CollyWolly

Rudolf's Mate

I'm sure I've had it running on the firestick and a different game on my ipad through the app at the same time.

I have as well which is why I said occasionally it won't boot you out. One things for sure is that if you're running it on 2 devices at the same time and they catch you then you can say goodbye to your subscription.

Rudolf's Mate

I believed the case to be that you can have as many devices as you want running, as long as they are all logged in from the same IP address. If you give it to your pals and they log in from a different IP address to you, and at the same time as you, then they are probably going to warn you the first time and disqualify you the next time.

I regularly watch one game on the TV and another on the mac at the same time. Never been a problem that I am aware of.

Ultimate Mania I am with. Dunno if that makes a difference.

It used to be the case you could do this however it changed just over a year ago (or thereabouts). They sent communication out along with a lifetime sub offer (at the time) and I missed the fact it was explaining only 1 device allowed. I got a mate to join and he told me he heard it was only 1 device which I rubbished however I asked on the FB page. One of the moderators came back and confirmed it had changed. I've not been on FB for over a year so it was before then.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Disser Pointon

I have as well which is why I said occasionally it won't boot you out. One things for sure is that if you're running it on 2 devices at the same time and they catch you then you can say goodbye to your subscription.

Ok, cheers. Do you know if the same applies to linking your realdebrid account on 2 devices?