Kodi again

Unknown user

luckyBatistuta

Yep you can do it but you need to jump through a few hoops. From memory you setup something like IPTV simple client with it being done through that. It can be fiddly and if you're using free sources the it can be prone to going down.

Edit: When I looked into it it was before I got my AFTV and was on my Windows PC. Just had a quick look and it's saying that the function isn't available on Android, which I'm a bit shocked by tbh.http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_recording_software

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks for your help buddy. I have now screwed up and got a bigger problem though. I went into the app installer in Kodi and added a few sports streams apps (dragon streams,dexter) but now Kodi won't even load up. It tries to when I click on it, but the screens is black for about 10secs as if it's trying to load, but then just goes back to the homepage.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Ok, thanks for your help buddy. I have now screwed up and got a bigger problem though. I went into the app installer in Kodi and added a few sports streams apps (dragon streams,dexter) but now Kodi won't even load up. It tries to when I click on it, but the screens is black for about 10secs as if it's trying to load, but then just goes back to the homepage.

Have you had anything working in Kodi, who supplies your broadband & where did you grab them from?

luckyBatistuta

Have you had anything working in Kodi, who supplies your broadband & where did you grab them from?

I'm up and running again bud, deleted some addons and it started up again. I was short of memory, but thanks for your help buddy :2thumbsup:

So currently,

I am in the bedroom watching the wire, the laddie is in his room watching what ever he is into these day, the wife is the living room catchin up with all her soaps. All using fire sticks

:wow:

When i was growing up i would be lucky if i got cartoons on the telly in the morning on a tiny shity telly :rofl: we only had 4 or 5 channels ffs

Oh how the times have changed. For the better on this occasion

Edited by AlimOzturk

So currently,

I am in the bedroom watching the wire, the laddie is in his room watching what ever he is into these day, the wife is the living room catchin up with all her soaps. All using fire sticks

When i was growing up i would be lucky if i got cartoons on the telly in the morning on a tiny shity telly :rofl: we only had 4 or 5 channels ffs

Yes, it's great that your whole family are in separate rooms spending some quality time apart!

luckyBatistuta

Yes, it's great that your whole family are in separate rooms spending some quality time apart!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

That's exactly what I was thinking

Rudolf's Mate

I'm up and running again bud, deleted some addons and it started up again. I was short of memory, but thanks for your help buddy :2thumbsup:

I was going to ask you to look at the storage but I honestly thought you'd just got the thing and thought there's no way he's used it all up :lol: That said, you should actually get a low storage warning.

Yer god dam right it is.

:verysmug:

The Amazon Fire Tv box is top notch and miles better than the stick. I have a T8, an AFTV box and a AFTV stick and the box is the best, especially if you install a wizard such as wookie. The 4K one is supposed to be even better too.

Thanks mate think thats where im going

jack D and coke

Thanks mate think thats where im going

There's not an awful lot between my T8 and the AFTV, they're both good, but it just does things that little bit quicker and smoother.

There's not an awful lot between my T8 and the AFTV, they're both good, but it just does things that little bit quicker and smoother.

What speeds to you need to be running on your broadband to make it worth while I was thinking about infinity at the same time as telling Sky to Foxtrot Oscar but if their broadband will do I may just let it run

jack D and coke

What speeds to you need to be running on your broadband to make it worth while I was thinking about infinity at the same time as telling Sky to Foxtrot Oscar but if their broadband will do I may just let it run

I've just got normal sky broadband and I've measured it at about 12-15mpbs and it works great. I can pretty much watch everything in HD no probs.

I've just got normal sky broadband and I've measured it at about 12-15mpbs and it works great. I can pretty much watch everything in HD no probs.

Perfect im in the 12-18 range on my speed tests

Thanks for the advice mate off to order it today and then come back and follow the Kodi install

jack D and coke

Thanks for the advice mate off to order it today and then come back and follow the Kodi install

No worries man.

I'm going to do the same.....provided yours is successful.

Rudolf's Mate

Guys I was running XBMC (Kodi) on 6mbps years ago and rarely had any issues. It's also improved greatly in that time.

Dexter & UK Turks have come to some kind of agreement. Not fully sure what it means however I've been unable to install Dexter since yesterday.

d5224b61132a0540416540a8a3a4b5b8.jpg

Perth2Paisley

No idea what yous are on about. "My QX5 runs on Aqua but DarkMatter is faster, and anyway Aqua will stop being compatible when the network gets upgraded to HyperChuff." Listen to yous.

So currently,

When I was growing up,we had Andy Pandy,Bill and Ben,Z Cars,Steptoe and Son,and the B & W Minstrel show,ah,the good ol days,by Jove.

I mean come on. Wookie?

It must seem that way if you have no reference point.

Basically, Kodi is software that plays video and audio which can be installed on loads of different platforms, windows, android, apple etc

Anyone with enough knowhow can make addons for it, and you can install them to access pretty exciting stuff such as movies and tv shows on demand, sporting events and live tv channels.

Growing numbers of people are saving small fortunes by cancelling their tv contracts and switching.

Everything else is discussion about which addons or setups are best, but in short, Kodi is awesome.

Perth2Paisley

It must seem that way if you have no reference point.

Basically, Kodi is software that plays video and audio which can be installed on loads of different platforms, windows, android, apple etc

Anyone with enough knowhow can make addons for it, and you can install them to access pretty exciting stuff such as movies and tv shows on demand, sporting events and live tv channels.

Growing numbers of people are saving small fortunes by cancelling their tv contracts and switching.

Everything else is discussion about which addons or setups are best, but in short, Kodi is awesome.

Thanks man. I am a shivering orphan in a century I wasn't born in.

Rudolf's Mate

Guess it was only a matter of time before someone came along trying to drag the thread off topic.

The Sportsmania build in Kodimaster is great. If you like a set up for sports only.

Anyone in the know about 'profiles' in Kodi, could i have the sports one and another one, select when i load up?

Rudolf's Mate

The Sportsmania build in Kodimaster is great. If you like a set up for sports only.

Anyone in the know about 'profiles' in Kodi, could i have the sports one and another one, select when i load up?

It's pretty easy to do mate.

Also setting up channels and favs are really easy as well. Google is your friend and everything is on YouTube in step by step guides.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Rudolf's Mate

How much do they charge Rab?

I mentioned I'd heard really good things about RD. despite this I only watch HD content on my box (or 1080p if available) and I never have buffering issues. If you don't then you don't need RD.

So... builds

Although I've been into this for years, I've missed builds.

I'm away from home just now but am I right in saying a build is kodi setup in a particular way with addons, skins etc ready to go?

If so, brilliant! It's the answer I've been looking for so I can set up family members' machines in a standard way and ssh into them when they have problems.

I'm off to learn how to make a build when I get home

Rudolf's Mate

So... builds

Although I've been into this for years, I've missed builds.

I'm away from home just now but am I right in saying a build is kodi setup in a particular way with addons, skins etc ready to go?

If so, brilliant! It's the answer I've been looking for so I can set up family members' machines in a standard way and ssh into them when they have problems.

I'm off to learn how to make a build when I get home

Yes pretty much. There are loads of builds available and Total Installer was a good place to grab community builds made by Joe public. I tried a few a couple of years ago and whilst some said they were brilliant I only got a handful to work and those were limited.

If you're looking for one does all then Fusion/TVaddons is probably the easiest and most reliable. Wookie is decent however it's totally bloated with stuff you'll never need or use.

Whilst I do my own install with bespoke setup I still use Fusion to grab my addons as I know they're reliable. For instance I've grabbed addons from other places which I've had issues with either by not updating or other. Not sure exactly why this occurs however the Genesis dev was pointing at this being one reason as to why so many people had issues with Genesis. That they were getting it from unreliable sources and it had possibly been tinkered with and also not updating.

I have 3 devices with Kodi on.

The mini pc which I have upstairs as some reason it stopped working downstairs and cant figure out why but works fine upstairs. This has The Beast build on it and i have deleted the addons I don't use.

The firestick downstairs has a build called Toms Sportsmania build which works great.

The laptop , I don't have any build as I installed the addons i use manually and it seems to work better than having a build.

What addons are folk using for films and tv programmes? I use Genesis, SALTS, 1channel, iStream and IceFilms. I have added proxy links but sometimes have issues. Some days it works great and the next day no hosts available in Genesis.

Rudolf's Mate

I have 3 devices with Kodi on.

The mini pc which I have upstairs as some reason it stopped working downstairs and cant figure out why but works fine upstairs. This has The Beast build on it and i have deleted the addons I don't use.

The firestick downstairs has a build called Toms Sportsmania build which works great.

The laptop , I don't have any build as I installed the addons i use manually and it seems to work better than having a build.

What addons are folk using for films and tv programmes? I use Genesis, SALTS, 1channel, iStream and IceFilms. I have added proxy links but sometimes have issues. Some days it works great and the next day no hosts available in Genesis.

I use Genesis 99.9% of the time and it's very rare that I have issues with it now. The problems I was encountering are pretty much what you've listed however since getting the Amazon Fire TV I've had hardly any issues at all.

When I go into Kodi it generally runs the update immediately and informs me that it's updated Genesis amongst others. I've gone into Genesis and there'll be only a handful of HD links which don't work however the update has kicked in and he list repopulates and there's an abundance of HD or even 1080p options and you just know which ones work perfectly.

I've said for a long time that there's almost no logic to it sometimes in that some links work on one device but not on others. Another issue I used to have issue with was different links would be available on different devices.

I also had DNS settings on my box which also caused havoc with Genesis and other addons. When applied it wasn't allowing my to pull HD streams through but worked when I removed it. This being the case I'd assume VPNs would cause similar issues.

Also check your router for smart setup. I'm with BT and smart setup caused issues with my box and I, like other had to disable it. I understand that people with Sky and Virgin also have this and have reported issues.

Edit: I mentioned a post or 2 ago that it's important to get your addons from reliable sources. Using some builds means you don't know if the addon has been tinkered with and it could be because of this that you have issues. Easy way to find out is uninstall the build and grab the problematic addons from places live TVaddons.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

ULSTER HEARTS

Somebody told me that the fire stick with kodi on it isn't compatible with Samsung TV's, Does anybody know if this is true?

Edited by ULSTER HEARTS

Rudolf's Mate

Somebody told me that the fire stick isn't compatible with Samsung TV's, Does anybody know if this is true?

:lol: I only have Samsung TV's and they work on all of them.

ULSTER HEARTS

:lol: I only have Samsung TV's and they work on all of them.

Good stuff :2thumbsup:  I was starting to panic, I just got one but I need to install Kodi onto it. Hopefully manage to get it done tonight with the help of the videos that have been posted on this thread.

Rudolf's Mate

I know some are interested in builds so thought I'd post this. I've been a member of a forum to do with XBMC for ages. It changed its name a few months back however it pops up in my TapaTalk feed and has a section on community builds. This one popped up the other day and looks decent.

http://www.noobsandnerds.com/forums/index.php?topic=6943.0

It's down due to being tweaked at the moment however it has pics and looks well set out. There's absolutely tons of builds listed on there.

Captain Sausage

Does anyone use MBox addon? Any idea on the cost per year for the sports or UK package?

Most importantly, is it worth it?

ULSTER HEARTS

I know some are interested in builds so thought I'd post this. I've been a member of a forum to do with XBMC for ages. It changed its name a few months back however it pops up in my TapaTalk feed and has a section on community builds. This one popped up the other day and looks decent.

http://www.noobsandnerds.com/forums/index.php?topic=6943.0

It's down due to being tweaked at the moment however it has pics and looks well set out. There's absolutely tons of builds listed on there.

Sorry if I am being silly but what is the difference between a build and an add on?

Is an add on just 1 programme where as a build has multiple add ons?

Rudolf's Mate

Sorry if I am being silly but what is the difference between a build and an add on?

Is an add on just 1 programme where as a build has multiple add ons?

Pretty much mate. Builds can have a couple to hundreds of addons. I tended to stay clear of the big builds not least because you'll never use 95% off the stuff. They also use up space which isn't good if you've got something such as the AFTV.

Other issues with builds is you don't know if people have tinkered with the addons or if they've set them up properly. A common issue is addons not updating within builds.

I tend to stick with tvaddons for my addons as I know it's really well maintained. Also they've got their own build which I used for years and is really good for newbies and isn't bloated with hundred of needless stuff.

Rudolf's Mate

Does anyone use MBox addon? Any idea on the cost per year for the sports or UK package?

Most importantly, is it worth it?

I read a review on them last week and they were highly recommend. From memory I think the sports package was ?20pm :wow: pretty sure it was them but I stopped reading at that point!

ULSTER HEARTS

Pretty much mate. Builds can have a couple to hundreds of addons. I tended to stay clear of the big builds not least because you'll never use 95% off the stuff. They also use up space which isn't good if you've got something such as the AFTV.

Other issues with builds is you don't know if people have tinkered with the addons or if they've set them up properly. A common issue is addons not updating within builds.

I tend to stick with tvaddons for my addons as I know it's really well maintained. Also they've got their own build which I used for years and is really good for newbies and isn't bloated with hundred of needless stuff.

Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to get my head around all of this!

I added the beast onto my phone to see what it was like but I've noticed that there's a lot of adult content on it so I don't want to put it on the fire stick as the wife & kids will be using it too. ( I might just keep it on my phone for emergencies)

What would you recommend to add onto it which will have a bit of everything (tv shows, kids, movies & music)

I had to format and re-install yesterday so I thought I'd give Andy's Build a go to see what it was like.

I mean, it's amazing, everything I can think of, but I now know it's kind of the opposite of what I want. I want as few addons as possible installed and as few on screen options as possible, so it doesn't get overwhelming for some of the less computer-literate members of the household.

But, genuinely awesome apart from the fact that it doesn't fit my personal needs.

Rudolf's Mate

Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to get my head around all of this!

I added the beast onto my phone to see what it was like but I've noticed that there's a lot of adult content on it so I don't want to put it on the fire stick as the wife & kids will be using it too. ( I might just keep it on my phone for emergencies)

What would you recommend to add onto it which will have a bit of everything (tv shows, kids, movies & music)

I've got a video for you which will help a lot. Hopefully have it up in next 30 mins.

I'm struggling too get hd links on genesis. Hq are buffering badly to

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I've been saying Genesis has been flawless for me for 6+ months however last night it bit me in the arse!

I'm finding the issue is when it's not updating on startup. You go into installed addons and the addon states that it doesn't need updating and it doesn't. It just whenever I start Kodi is runs some kind of automated check and seems to update everything. When I get the notification in the bottom right saying Genesis is updated (99% of the time) I always have HD options. Last night it didn't give me the notification and it was only HQ however you just know they'll buffer.

If you go into Genesis and tools there's several options to delete cache etc. Despite deleting cache through other programs select this however also select delete sources. Next time you go search for something it should pull in HD options.

Unless it updates, going back out and back into Genesis won't make a difference. The reason is that it effectively pools the sources so that next time you go in it loads them quicker but the same ones. If you're in and it's HQ and you see the update Genesis notification in bottom right within a second it'll update the list and give you HD options. If it doesn't you can now just go out and back in and it will as it's done the auto update. No idea why it does this though as it's not actually updating the addon itself.