Kodi again

Unknown user

59 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The irony of a dev complaining that his advertising revenue's being affected because less people are seeing them is pretty cool though!

:teehee: reading this then looking at your profile pic of Rik is so apt, made me laugh.:tongue:

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

22 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

In this day and age people don’t want adverts. If faced with a few ads or paying for something to not have ads I’ll pay. I might like my free stuff but I ****ing hate adverts!

I’ve no issue with people giving devs support but what would your take on this be if the guy was making a fortune and his gripe wasn’t about covering costs and was more about profit? 

Regardless I don’t use it anyway.

Changed days now from the old XBMC days where everyone worked together to provide a free product. With the rise of paid IPTV, which at first was frowned apon is seen as the norm. Therefore, so long as I am getting a product which is as good as terrarium for nout I am more than happy watching an advert if the guys making a profit. He developed the thing after all. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Changed days now from the old XBMC days where everyone worked together to provide a free product. With the rise of paid IPTV, which at first was frowned apon is seen as the norm. Therefore, so long as I am getting a product which is as good as terrarium for nout I am more than happy watching an advert if the guys making a profit. He developed the thing after all. 

Terrarium and paid IPTV are two different products.

Imagine the uproar if the devs of covenant , genesis and the likes on kodi started introducing adverts with their addons.

Rudolf's Mate
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Kinda agree. It became so big and reliable that people realised there was money to be made. If the product is decent and reliable some people will be happy to pay for it. Regardless I would still rather give cash to RD and have zero adverts than spending 10 secs waiting on my content starting. 

I was on reddit reading a Q&A from Terrarium dev about what people wanted added/removed. Quite a few people were moaning the ads they were getting for family/kids content was adult material. 

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Empty threat imo. He will still be making steady money so to close it all down he would be daft

Definitely an empty threat. He'll be making an absolute mint from all the adverts. Plus previously it was a fiver for the ad-free version.

jack D and coke
32 minutes ago, Homme said:

Just noticed my mania sub has expired: am I able to just renew it or is there issues still?

You can renew for the same prices basically but their card payments are down again. It’s bitcoin only atm. 

Space Mackerel
35 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You can renew for the same prices basically but their card payments are down again. It’s bitcoin only atm. 

Mugs game bitcoin likes. 

Highly Recommended to use, Terrarium TV - Free 1080p HD Movies and TV Shows Android App.

Terrarium TV APK

Terrarium TV for PC

Terrarium TV for Kodi

Terrarium TV on FireStick

Another alternative for 4k movies & tv shows, Mobdro — All the web's free video streams on your Android device.

If you are looking for north american movies & tv shows than you can go with, USTVnow: TV Guide - North American TV Shows, Movie and Series.

10 hours ago, imJason said:

Highly Recommended to use, Terrarium TV - Free 1080p HD Movies and TV Shows Android App.

Terrarium TV APK

Terrarium TV for PC

Terrarium TV for Kodi

Terrarium TV on FireStick

Another alternative for 4k movies & tv shows, Mobdro — All the web's free video streams on your Android device.

If you are looking for north american movies & tv shows than you can go with, USTVnow: TV Guide - North American TV Shows, Movie and Series.

The kodi instructions tell you to install the apk as there's no addon for kodi.

Not VERY helpful

Edited by Smithee

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

For those interested. Watching the EPL game via Flawless and no VPN required. 

Same with me, both watched the Spurs game & now Liverpool without using my VPN. Excellent quality.

jack D and coke

On the subject of VPN’s, IP Vanish and Sportsmania in particular I had issues at times with buffering and freezing streams until I started using the maintenance tools in the mania addon. Previously I’d always just connected to Holland or Belgium as I reckoned them being closer I’d get faster speeds. Started using the speed test option in maintenance and the connections to those servers were getting rated F-. Tried moving around Europe and although speeds were sometimes a bit slower Vienna and Frankfurt get A rating connections and flawless streams. 

Just in case anybody was having similar issues. 

Edited by jack D and coke

5 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Has anyone had a decent stream for IT? 

All have Korea subs but there are a few decent ones out there.Im waiting for the non sub ones

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

All have Korea subs but there are a few decent ones out there.Im waiting for the non sub ones

I can't seem to find any. Ones I click on come up with different films, one was about the queen & Abdul or something? 

Are you getting a stream on Covenant? 

35 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Help required

The cricket is shown on channel 9 for free in Australia

Should this be easy to get or would I still need a VPN?

Cheers

If you want to watch direct through their website or version of iPlayer, you'll likely need a VPN that shows you as being in Australia.

Its being shown on BT here. From your question, I'm assuming you don't have access to it?

Edited by Chester™

2 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

If you want to watch direct through their website or version of iPlayer, you'll likely need a VPN that shows you as being in Australia.

Its being shown on BT here. From your question, I'm assuming you don't have access to it?

Well I had Sportsmania a while back. But started having loads of throttling, hassle with payment etc so binned it. 

Was thinking about Flawless but that seems a lot of hassle.

I've only got a 1st gen stick I'm not even sure you can put a VPN on that?

I'm not the most tech savvy. 

I'd go for Flawless if I thought it was easy enough to do and it worked.

I just thought because it's on free to air in Oz it might be simple to get :huh2:

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, robbo1874 said:

Well I had Sportsmania a while back. But started having loads of throttling, hassle with payment etc so binned it. 

I just thought because it's on free to air in Oz it might be simple to get :huh2:

What speed are you getting on your internet?

Sportsmania is still working fine and subscriptions are back to normal. You would be better investing in an AFTV box, as the stick always has problems. 

4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Isn't there a freeview channel showing the ashes?

Not that I know of. Well not live.

I think you can get highlights each night from 7pm on BT or ECCB website.

luckyBatistuta
On 18/11/2017 at 16:35, jack D and coke said:

On the subject of VPN’s, IP Vanish and Sportsmania in particular I had issues at times with buffering and freezing streams until I started using the maintenance tools in the mania addon. Previously I’d always just connected to Holland or Belgium as I reckoned them being closer I’d get faster speeds. Started using the speed test option in maintenance and the connections to those servers were getting rated F-. Tried moving around Europe and although speeds were sometimes a bit slower Vienna and Frankfurt get A rating connections and flawless streams. 

Just in case anybody was having similar issues. 

Good piece of info bud. I'm always connected to the U.S and never have much problems now I've hard wired it. 

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Sportsmania is still working fine and subscriptions are back to normal. You would be better investing in an AFTV box, as the stick always has problems. 

I'm not sure of the speed tbh

How would I find out? An app?

It was ok last year then started to buffer loads etc

This was around the time Hearts TV stopped working. 

luckyBatistuta

Sorry forgot to quote you

35 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

I'm not sure of the speed tbh

How would I find out? An app?

It was ok last year then started to buffer loads etc

This was around the time Hearts TV stopped working. 

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Sorry forgot to quote you

Thanks. This was the result

10.92 Mb

Download speed

0.71Mb upload 
65 ms ping time

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
51 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

A guy in my local has ip vanish installed on his firestick, it's not one with voice control on it so assume it's an old one. I don't see why it wouldn't work? 

6 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

A guy in my local has ip vanish installed on his firestick, it's not one with voice control on it so assume it's an old one. I don't see why it wouldn't work? 

I thought gen 2 onwards but I better check that

I've got a bit of research to sort it all out.

I'll do some digging around.

Thanks for all the replies 

57 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Flawless is fairly easy to install on your stick via Kodi. There's an excellent 'How to' on their website. I've a mate who's the absolute worst at tech and he didn't need my help once to get Flawless up and running.

Flawless, at the minute, does not require a VPN for any viewing.

54 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Sportsmania subs are back to just Bitcoin and have been for many days. As I mentioned above, they were 'reported' to their card processor. There's no time scale for return.

11 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Flawless is fairly easy to install on your stick via Kodi. There's an excellent 'How to' on their website. I've a mate who's the absolute worst at tech and he didn't need my help once to get Flawless up and running.

Maybe give it a go then

Thanks 

Just now, robbo1874 said:

Maybe give it a go then

Thanks 

If you managed to install Mania, you'll be able to install Flawless. 

Apart from the odd minor issue, Flawless has worked better for me than Mania. Their support, which is on FB, is far superior with none of the sneering you see on the Mania sites. 

If you're a wee bit hesitant, try it for a month and see how it goes. :)

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
54 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

I thought gen 2 onwards but I better check that

I've got a bit of research to sort it all out.

I'll do some digging around.

Thanks for all the replies 

His definitely works and it's an older stick (maybe 2 years old). All IP vanish is is an app you install, open & choose your location.

However, I'm using flawless now and no vpn is needed.

luckyBatistuta
58 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Sportsmania subs are back to just Bitcoin and have been for many days. As I mentioned above, they were 'reported' to their card processor. There's no time scale for return.

They're not Chester, I renewed mine with my bank card and just checked, still able to pay with card.

On the firestick, you can load Flawless,SM, VPN etc, it's still an inferior piece of kit. 

16 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They're not Chester, I renewed mine with my bank card and just checked, still able to pay with card.

On the firestick, you can load Flawless,SM, VPN etc, it's still an inferior piece of kit. 

Card payments worked for a few days. According to the team, they've been down since the 13th:

http://forum.sportsmania.rocks/showthread.php?4104-Card-payments-offline

https://twitter.com/Merc_Official_/status/932014019627454464

They still arent up and everyone is being told they've no idea when they're back up (including Merc on his Twitter account). I've just looked on my account and the only option is Bitcoin. Nowhere anywhere can I do cards.

luckyBatistuta
39 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Card payments worked for a few days. According to the team, they've been down since the 13th:

http://forum.sportsmania.rocks/showthread.php?4104-Card-payments-offline

https://twitter.com/Merc_Official_/status/932014019627454464

They still arent up and everyone is being told they've no idea when they're back up (including Merc on his Twitter account). I've just looked on my account and the only option is Bitcoin. Nowhere anywhere can I do cards.

Ah, didn't know that, I must have been lucky that mine ran out when it did. Hopefully they'll get it sorted, as I've told loads of family and friends that they'll be alright when their subs run out.

48 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Does Flawless load OK onto Kodi 16.1? Does it have NFL Network? If there answer is yes to both then I'm in. 

Should be ok, though I'd upgrade to the latest version if you can. And yes, NFL Network is on it, as are all the games.

New gen Firestick's back down to £24.99 for Black Friday. I'd expect the AFTV to go down to around £50 again like last year too. An absolute steal at those prices.

19 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

New gen Firestick's back down to £24.99 for Black Friday. I'd expect the AFTV to go down to around £50 again like last year too. An absolute steal at those prices.

Bought myself one for the sole reason of I cba moving the stick up and down the stairs haha

Beenusing Terrarium for my tv shows for a few weeks.

It is brilliant and runs so fast compared to Exodus. 

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Beenusing Terrarium for my tv shows for a few weeks.

It is brilliant and runs so fast compared to Exodus. 

Quality of it is superb, how quick is the fast forward though:lol:

jack D and coke
21 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Good piece of info bud. I'm always connected to the U.S and never have much problems now I've hard wired it. 

Once you connect it run the speed test and see how it’s rated??

Hard wired always better but I get flawless streams over Wi-fi now too whereas before it was every couple of minutes it was freezing or stuttering. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Once you connect it run the speed test and see how it’s rated??

Hard wired always better but I get flawless streams over Wi-fi now too whereas before it was every couple of minutes it was freezing or stuttering. 

Good job buddy, I'll test that out. I was just being lazy and going with what it chose, normally Atlanta or Chicago.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Good job buddy, I'll test that out. I was just being lazy and going with what it chose, normally Atlanta or Chicago.

Mine was auto connecting to that initially and tbh it was occasionally giving me the buffers so I just assumed Netherlands or Ireland or wherever would mean better connections and faster speeds but defo not. My speeds to Vienna and Frankfurt are slower but better ping and the connections are rated A. 

They might not be the best for you as my mate finds France works best for him??

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Mine was auto connecting to that initially and tbh it was occasionally giving me the buffers so I just assumed Netherlands or Ireland or wherever would mean better connections and faster speeds but defo not. My speeds to Vienna and Frankfurt are slower but better ping and the connections are rated A. 

They might not be the best for you as my mate finds France works best for him??

I definitely know that Ireland isn't better for me, I did try that one out of curiosity, as I thought the closest would be the fastest too. I'll give Vienna and `Frankfurt a try just to see, but I'm not having any problems with the two I mentioned. I was having huge problems with it through wifi though.