BBC Highlights coverage.

avhudtheteeshirt

avhudtheteeshirt

The latest highlights of yesterdays games are on the BBC website.

Premiership

Aberdeen V St Johnstone = 4:40 mins

Partick V Dundee Utd = 2:25 mins

Dundee V Motherwell =2:31 mins

Hearts V Killie = 0:58 secs

Championship

Rangers V Falkirk = 4:47mins

When is Scottish football going to wake up and tell them to do one, as it is downright embarrassing I don't think I've ever seen highlights coverage of a game for 0:58 seconds? And for the 1 game in the championship to get nearly the same time as the combined 3 Premiership games is  absolutely humiliating to say the least!!!!

Magic Numbers

No commentary for our match either.  Pretty pathetic really.  Says it all about the BBC though.  Useless.

Premiership

Championship

When is Scottish football going to wake up and tell them to do one, as it is downright embarrassing I don't think I've ever seen highlights coverage of a game for 0:58 seconds? And for the 1 game in the championship to get nearly the same time as the combined 3 Premiership games is  absolutely humiliating to say the least!!!!

What time did Hamilton get ?

What the hell is going on with the BBC, I have emailed the corporation for a explaination to explain why the highlights are so short.

Not hopefully but what ever I get, if any, I will post on this threaded.

allystrachan

Didn't even show Nicholson's flick..........wow just wow!

That was the best highlight of the game too!

& what about the red card?

STV has a (slightly) better 2 minute highlight selection that at least shows Sam's flick (although not the cut back when he was one on one) http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/1330073-see-conrad-balatoni-net-an-equaliser-for-kilmarnock-against-hearts/ . Can't believe anyone claiming it wasn't a penalty. Defending doesn't look too clever for their goal either to be honest.

BBC Scotland are an utter embarrassment, not just for football coverage.

The coverage of our game and how it is presented is something that will and should encourage people to take part in playing and attending. How is the sport going to thrive if that is how the national broadcaster presents it?

SPFL should take equal responsibility in how their game is shown and presented to the world.

Tragic.

STV has a (slightly) better 2 minute highlight selection that at least shows Sam's flick (although not the cut back when he was one on one) http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/1330073-see-conrad-balatoni-net-an-equaliser-for-kilmarnock-against-hearts/ . Can't believe anyone claiming it wasn't a penalty. Defending doesn't look too clever for their goal either to be honest.

Just watched those Highlights. And they were highlights, not many but more than just the two goals. And commentary! BBC move aside STV are coming through! How embarrassing is that given that the BBC pay for rights?

Thanks for the link. Nicholson looks fantastic again.

luckyBatistuta

4:47mins for Rangers...wtf!!! BigotedBrothersChannel Scotland...some things never change.

They're acting like a commercial enterprise - not a publicly funded service - we know and expect the record and red tops play to their advertising demographic - disappointing from bbc.

hearts_crazy

The BBC should look at those highlights and hang their heads in shame.  To not even show Sam's flick is just ridiculous.  There was more too, Sam and Osman Sow did some fantastic stuff yeterday worthy of more coverage.  The BBC highlights make it look like a close game, it was far from that.  Just pathetic and insulting TBH.

Hilary Briss

Terrible highlights on Sportscene considering the chances we had but wee tribute for Robbo was great viewing !! 

The clubs should have kept their hands on their baws and pressed on with their own TV coverage of the league.

Even at its best the highlights package is utter horseshit/

It seems I'm not alone with my "obsession."

Beeb take our licence fee and give us back the square root of zilch.

jambos are go!

Hands of the BBC!! Warts and all its still THE greatest broadcaster and media outlet on the planet IMO.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Hands of the BBC!! Warts and all its still THE greatest broadcaster and media outlet on the planet IMO.

True but 58 seconds of highlights is utter shite and they need to be told that

All roads lead to Gorgie

I thought with us having the biggest crowd of the day it would have been in their interests to show a full stadium for a longer period, some of the crowds like the ones at Dens Park and Fir Hill are embarrassing to view and do nothing to enhance the game. The Robbo bit was good but more embarrassment of Hibs would have been nicer.

I have said for years now that there are far too many at the BBC Scotland Sports with anti Hearts agendas!  The place is swarming with ex Celtic pundits and of course Chicko who just hates us!

The game on Saturday was a cracking game with great saves, good football and a huge amount of incidents and attempts on goal - cutting this to 58 seconds of highlights is following BBC policy of dissing Hearts at every opportunity.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Simple, just get everyone to contact them and explain they only watch BBC for the football highlights and the rest of the time its sky or virgin based channels and for this reason if there is no longer a worhtwhile show each week regarding the football and how each game is represented then you will now withold your licence money for the BBC as its pointles paying for a service you clearly do not get. 

Francis Albert

I thought after the game that, despite the disappointing outcome, it would make a great 5 minute highlights slot. 

But the BBC experts seem to know better. Must have been some cracking stuff in the other games.  

BBC is a dead duck.  They're now losing The Open Golf which leaves them with very little top live sport.  I think the TV licence will be obsolete soon and BBC will have to advertise for market share.

I'll agree if you are referring to the beeb on a national level, but regionally (in Scotland) they're an absolute Weegie-centric farce.

Dalstonjambo

Simple, just get everyone to contact them and explain they only watch BBC for the football highlights and the rest of the time its sky or virgin based channels and for this reason if there is no longer a worhtwhile show each week regarding the football and how each game is represented then you will now withold your licence money for the BBC as its pointles paying for a service you clearly do not get. 

Not sure that's how it works with the licence fee tbh mate. Whilst I admire your stance, can't you get done for not paying it? Not sure i'm up for having to battle the law just to try and get more time for hearts highlights. 

100% this. Work out how much your paying for Sky/Virgin/BT and compare with the all round range of quality programmes produced by the BBC for around ?3 a week. And as a bonus you don't have to watch mind numbing adverts produced for intellectually inadequates.

I'll agree if you are referring to the beeb on a national level, but regionally (in Scotland) they're an absolute Weegie-centric farce.

Sounds like an inferiority complex. Same argument used about London in a national context.

BBC is a dead duck.  They're now losing The Open Golf which leaves them with very little top live sport.  I think the TV licence will be obsolete soon and BBC will have to advertise for market share.

The Open is about the last straw.  They can shove their shite costume dramas, Eastenders, and River City, up their arse and actually become a subscriber service.

So true. They justify blanket coverage of the ugly sisters on the basis that more people are interested in them. Using that rationale, considering we pull in crowds roughly equivalent to one third of the OF, you'd think we'd get roughly one third of the coverage they do - fat chance!

100% this. Work out how much your paying for Sky/Virgin/BT and compare with the all round range of quality programmes produced by the BBC for around ?3 a week. And as a bonus you don't have to watch mind numbing adverts produced for intellectually inadequates.

Guess what?

I don't pay Sky/Virgin or BT a bolt as I choose not to watch them.

I don't have that choice with the beeb.

Depressing to think that folk dont watch/listen to or value the BBC.

The choice is either the independent (from government & big business & s*itty adverts) BBC or Rupert Murdoch's right wing empire or BT (whom I have recently given up on because of poor service). For all its imperfections, the BBC is streets ahead.

Guess what?

I don't pay Sky/Virgin or BT a bolt as I choose not to watch them.

I don't have that choice with the beeb.

It's not compulsory to watch BBC, last time I looked.

It's not as bad as it used to be if that's any defence. On the radio at least. Off the ball isn't OF centric. Richard Gordon ( whatever you think of him) isn't either, neither are Robbo, wullie Miller, Charlie Mann ( is he still there?) Alan Preston, Michael Stewart, etc. Pity about chic and murdo tho.

Not sure that's how it works with the licence fee tbh mate. Whilst I admire your stance, can't you get done for not paying it? Not sure i'm up for having to battle the law just to try and get more time for hearts highlights. 

Avoidance of paying licence fee's is one of the latest fashionable methods used by folks determined to get one over on the system.

The internet is awash with tales of folk not paying and obstructing the enforcers from entering properties and such like.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. Bottom line is - its theft.

It's not compulsory to watch BBC, last time I looked.

No but it's compulsory to pay them even if you don't watch it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Market forces are still at play, and to be honest I find that hard to disagree with. No objection to Rangers getting 5 mins as there are an awful lot more people interested in them than us or any other non Glasgow club, regardless of league that is an unfortunate fact.

What I would object to though is 58 secs highlights of the club sitting third. Surely a better effort could be made. Far too much chat on Sportscene and it is repetitive. Same shan chat every week, instead maybe we could have 2 games with 10 minutes and the other 4 with 5 minutes each. The magazine type report we had this week is good but not at the expense of cutting the highlights down to nothing. One positive, Alba does show two matches with old style extended highlights, the match selection though, seems to be mainly teams not doing so well.

We really don't sell or market our game well. Most folk do use some sort of TV recording to watch their telly nowadays, but the timeslot is mince. What about 6pm on a Sunday night instead of 10.30, I know my kids would be more inclined to watch around about that time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Avoidance of paying licence fee's is one of the latest fashionable methods used by folks determined to get one over on the system.

The internet is awash with tales of folk not paying and obstructing the enforcers from entering properties and such like.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. Bottom line is - its theft.

Totally agree, having to pay a licence fee in the 21st Century media world is theft.

Totally agree, having to pay a licence fee in the 21st Century media world is theft.

I see what you did there.

No but it's compulsory to pay them even if you don't watch it.

The license fee isn't to watch the BBC, it's to receive live broadcasts of television.

The license fee isn't to watch the BBC, it's to receive live broadcasts of television.

FFS, we're going round in circles here.

Ok, I don't have a choice as to whether my TV can or cannot receive live broadcast from the BBC.

FFS, we're going round in circles here.

Ok, I don't have a choice as to whether my TV can or cannot receive live broadcast from the BBC.

We are hardly alone in the world with regards to paying for a licence to receive TV and/or radio broadcasts.

Whether you receive or choose to tune in to BBC stations is immaterial. The licence isn't tobacco the BBC.

Premiership

Championship

When is Scottish football going to wake up and tell them to do one, as it is downright embarrassing I don't think I've ever seen highlights coverage of a game for 0:58 seconds? And for the 1 game in the championship to get nearly the same time as the combined 3 Premiership games is absolutely humiliating to say the least!!!!

agree

they don't want to pay for more

however Alba show extended highlights (an hour) of two games most weeks

and if you go to games its not bad

avhudtheteeshirt

Just watched Scotland Today ( Edinburgh) and there was more highlights on a news clip than the BBC put out as match coverage. Showed a good save from Jamie Macdonald and the flick from Sammie plus the goals. The BBC should hang their heads in shame, it is an insult to Scottish Football outside Glasgow. What will they do if and when the Ugly Sisters finally get their wish to play in England? They will probably just ignore Scottish Football altogether!!!!!

queensferryjambo

Pathetic clearance for their goal.   As good as a pass.

Augustyn again with yet another poor piece of defending.

He really is not inspiring me with any confidence at all just now.

Archived