Brendan Rogers

Carl Fredrickson

Apparently Klopp's assistant has given an interview in Bosnia saying Klopp was getting the job regardless of today's result.

they also wanted to make sure rodgers found out about it before the media, so they were at his house within 1 hour of the match finishing to tell him

Spoke to a mate on Merseyside and as someone else has said definitely done deal with klopp before today. House bought apparently

they also wanted to make sure rodgers found out about it before the media, so they were at his house within 1 hour of the match finishing to tell him

With the International break it also gives a bit of time for the new man to work with the players.

Klopp would instantly bring a feel good factor back.

Maroon Sailor

Graeme Souness is a smarmy git.

Says he doesn't know how Rodgers got the job in the first place.

Sourpuss has been out of management for 10 years for a reason.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Is it?[emoji1]

:facepalm:

Yup, Mr Balague is called Guillem, not Guilliem.

Ibrahim Tall

Graeme Souness is a smarmy git.

Says he doesn't know how Rodgers got the job in the first place.

Sourpuss has been out of management for 10 years for a reason.

True though, Rodgers has achieved nothing worthy of getting ?300m to spend.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Klopp for Liverpool.

Allardyce for Sunderland.

? for Steve McLaren shortly....

Brendan Rodgers for Newcastle? Reckon it would be a decent fit for both parties.

chester copperpot

I'm no Rodgers fan, far from it, however some of the transfer committee must shoulder some of the blame for wasting the best part of 300M these past 4 years.

A shite goalie and centre half's that wouldn't get a game for most championship teams.

Rodgers biggest failing has been the defensive side of things IMO. Awful since day one.

Samuel Camazzola

Club with a rich history who are pretty irrelevant nowadays. They are being left behind by the bigger hitters and being overtaken by 'lesser' clubs as each season passes. Whoever takes over won't make any impact anytime soon.

Always found Rodgers a smarmy tosser, whoever gets the job will need to spend another ?100m come Jan to sort that team out.

Club with a rich history who are pretty irrelevant nowadays. They are being left behind by the bigger hitters and being overtaken by 'lesser' clubs as each season passes. Whoever takes over won't make any impact anytime soon.

I agree with this - other than 2 seasons ago they have barely been near winning the title in 20 years. They have spent a fortune on what is by and large total dross compared to the squads that Man City and Chelsea have put together. In fact I would guess that a squad made up from the players Chelsea have out on loan would finish above Liverpool.

Rodgers should've been sacked after last year. I kind of agreed with Souness and Carragher there, his back room staff get the heave and he stays on? All odd and underhand. Apparently some players were unhappy with him for chucking others under the bus.

Klopp was available then and if they wanted him they should've went for him and let him sign players he wanted.

His signings and those of the committee have been very poor. They have no attackers with a left foot, they have a load of players who are exactly the same as each other and a selection of other players who've largely underachieved.

What I will say, is Klopp should be a good fit for Liverpool. He brought Dortmund back from a pretty poor spot. The clubs are similar in that they are in formerly industrial areas and have a strong history but a weak present in terms of achievements and they have a history of developing local lads for the team. Personality can also attract players who Klopp knows and may want to work with him going forward.

He's also achieved more than Rodgers ever has and that is important for Liverpool if they want to be a top 4 side any time soon.

Samuel Camazzola

Wind ups aside there aren't many of any bigger jobs available, he's already been at PSG, Milan, Madrid and Chelsea, having been there that basically rules out Barcelona and Juventus and Van Gaal and Wenger aren't leaving anytime soon. Waiting on the Bayern or City jobs are the only two others really.

Why would Juventus be ruled out? He's managed there before.

I never liked Rodgers.  Paid well over the odds to deplete Southampton of their prolific goal-scoring strike force and then misuses them.   Just look at the number of players that have come and gone in his time as manager and you can see why he never had a settled side.  If he was getting a cut of the transfers (like Jackie McNamara) then he'll be minted.

doctor jambo

Over hyped and over rated

Dalgliesh was better, won a trophy, made the final of another and was sacked

The players that "made " Rodgers were dalgliesh signings

They sacked Rodgers too late- should have gone in the summer

Several hundreds of millions wasted.

Several further jobs coming his way with deteriorating ranking clubs to follow

Latest reports state Klopp agrees 3 year deal and will arrive on Merseyside on Thursday with a press conference on Friday.

Jurgen Klopp has agreed a deal in principle to become Liverpool manager and will meet the owners on Wednesday before his unveiling on Friday.

It had to be either him or Ancelotti and with Ancelotti stating his intention to wait until next season before taking his next post it left only one.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10020426/carlo-ancelotti-waiting-until-next-season-to-make-managerial-comeback

Let's hope the owners have got this one right and realise their policies were also part of the problem. 

A new manager is simply the start.

The Real Maroonblood

Latest reports state Klopp agrees 3 year deal and will arrive on Merseyside on Thursday with a press conference on Friday.

Jurgen Klopp has agreed a deal in principle to become Liverpool manager and will meet the owners on Wednesday before his unveiling on Friday.

It had to be either him or Ancelotti and with Ancelotti stating his intention to wait until next season before taking his next post it left only one.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10020426/carlo-ancelotti-waiting-until-next-season-to-make-managerial-comeback

Let's hope the owners have got this one right and realise their policies were also part of the problem. 

A new manager is simply the start.

I think he will be a great appointment.

Good luck to him.

Matthew Le Tissier

I'd personally like to thank Mr Rogers on giving Southampton almost ?60 million in transfer fees.

Oh and as for paying ?20million for Lovren :rofl:

chester copperpot

I'd personally like to thank Mr Rogers on giving Southampton almost ?60 million in transfer fees.

Is it not over 70m what with the signing of Clyne (who's the only one I rate out of that group)

Ignore it is 60m. Duh!

Remnants of Standards

Last and final straw for me was the debacle at home to Carlisle, which had been brewing for a while.

Rodgers gave the club some breath-taking moments during the 'nearly' season but it's been backwards since.

In his defence though the departure of Suarez and long-term injuries of Sturridge was always going to haunt him. A haphazard transfer policy didn't help either.

Klopp may or may not be a good fit but hopefully he gets his own way over transfers at least.

Ibrahim Tall

Why would Juventus be ruled out? He's managed there before.

And it ended pretty badly, they sacked him half way through a game from what I remember. Can't see it.

Aye its some achievement from Southamption - To be able to lose that many players + Manager and remain competitive, anything else I'd imagine would have been pretty demoralizing 

Aye its some achievement from Southamption - To be able to lose that many players + Manager and remain competitive, anything else I'd imagine would have been pretty demoralizing 

Not bad for a Chairman that only came into football (from Ice Hockey) in 2014. 

It's a pity they then decided to give half of it to Celtic.

Matthew Le Tissier

It's a pity they then decided to give half of it to Celtic.

Every up

Has its down

Archived