Dick Advocaat (NHC)

tartofmidlothian

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Sunderland as a football club are a waste of time.

Sigh players who other PL clubs are tired of. Take on coaches who are incapable of surviving in the job.

Hopefully they go down. They deserve it and so do their fans.

Performed a miracle last season but this season was always going to be the same.

Club would probably benefit from being relegated and getting the chance to build a squad from the ground up again.

They are both well supported clubs like their enemies Newcastle, but both clubs are piss poorly run. Some of the signings both clubs have made recently are unbelievable and deserve what they have. IMO.

Don't get me started about the 'wee general' after the money he wasted under the corrupt regime under Minty at Ibrox.

They are both well supported clubs like their enemies Newcastle, but both clubs are piss poorly run. Some of the signings both clubs have made recently are unbelievable and deserve what they have. IMO.

Don't get me started about the 'wee general' after the money he wasted under the corrupt regime under Minty at Ibrox.

More like the 'wee genital' mate eh.

Sunderland are a total shambles of a club.

Manager have no say in who comes in and who goes out.

They are more or less just coaches.

No manager with any kind of pedigree would touch them.

Sunderland are a total shambles of a club.

Manager have no say in who comes in and who goes out.

They are more or less just coaches.

No manager with any kind of pedigree would touch them.

Neilson and Levein set up?

Maroon Sailor

Sigh players who other PL clubs are tired of. Take on coaches who are incapable of surviving in the job.

That's a bit harsh - they are a well supported club.

They always seem to get a new manager just as a match against Newcastle comes up. Seems to work for them as well.

The Real Maroonblood

Probably a lot of football fans say the same about us.

Placid Casual

Performed a miracle last season but this season was always going to be the same.

Club would probably benefit from being relegated and getting the chance to build a squad from the ground up again.

No offence but I'll never understand this argument. People said the same about Leeds, Blackburn, Forest, etc ? and several years later they are all still stuck in the Championship. It is not an easy league to get out of (unless you do a Leeds and get relegated :lol:)

Sam Allardyce would most likely keep them up and establish them as a solid (i.e. boring and rich!) EPL side.

No offence but I'll never understand this argument. People said the same about Leeds, Blackburn, Forest, etc ? and several years later they are all still stuck in the Championship. It is not an easy league to get out of (unless you do a Leeds and get relegated :lol:)

Sam Allardyce would most likely keep them up and establish them as a solid (i.e. boring and rich!) EPL side.

Agree re the 'it may be better to go down' scenario...with a massive TV deal starting next season this is the time to stay up.

Sometimes things are a simple as they seem. The club has made a series of poor managerial appointments and combined with some terrible player purchases is now once more at or near the bottom of the table.

The first appointment has to be an experienced manager who is given control to bring in players during the transfer window (and get a few out)...get the managerial appointment right and other things will follow.

The new manager has to assess quickly what he has, work with what he has then move on and move in players.

Given the track record though would you bet on the right appointment being made ?..........or maybe a bit of blind luck after all the failures will come to pass.

Maroon Sailor

Just about every club that has someone interfering with the ins and outs of players and team selection struggle.

It's the modern way with billionaire owners but you employ a football man to manage. Leave them alone to do just that and if things don't work out with results and performances at least he is being judged on his decisions.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Probably a lot of football fans say the same about us.

Eh? How does any of that apply to us?

Placid Casual

Agree re the 'it may be better to go down' scenario...with a massive TV deal starting next season this is the time to stay up.

Sometimes things are a simple as they seem. The club has made a series of poor managerial appointments and combined with some terrible player purchases is now once more at or near the bottom of the table.

The first appointment has to be an experienced manager who is given control to bring in players during the transfer window (and get a few out)...get the managerial appointment right and other things will follow.

The new manager has to assess quickly what he has, work with what he has then move on and move in players.

Given the track record though would you bet on the right appointment being made ?..........or maybe a bit of blind luck after all the failures will come to pass.

Yes I agree, the new manager must be given more control ? that goes for Liverpool as well.

Sunderland have really rode their luck in the last few seasons and can't afford to get it wrong again.

Looked like he was crying during the game yesterday. He's lost control of his emotions.

For the best I think.

I thought he looked really ill. Probably best he's away from that car crash.

Maroon Sailor

I see Terry Butcher is free again.   :tiny:

He's already got the Sunderland t-shirt.

The team I used to watch when I first went to live in Nederlands was FC Dordrecht when Advocaat was their manager.  They were sh*t, he was sh*ter. But for some reason he got offered the National Team job and from then on he has come up smelling of roses.  As a mag, I was quite happy was at the makems but it looks like both teams will get relegated this term.

He does not look well> Ttoo many Bols. Needs to retire.  

glastonbury jambo

avacado could never handle things when they went against him,flattered to deceive.

heres a  picture from his last sunderland interview ... i mean look at that nose.

avovado.jpg

avacado could never handle things when they went against him,flattered to deceive.

heres a  picture from his last sunderland interview ... i mean look at that nose.

avovado.jpg

Give the guy a break eh. That's an old photo and it really doesn't do him justice. He's much better looking since his hair transplant

glastonbury jambo

Give the guy a break eh. That's an old photo and it really doesn't do him justice. He's much better looking since his hair transplant

oh yes he does ... look

before ...

avocado-m.jpg

and after ...

pa-photos_t_top-10-football-combovers-17

Archived