Fighting on macleod st

His name is

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no police at Hearts games this season. Or last. That means no police either inside or outside the ground.

A lot of clubs do this now, saves them money.

The only exception are when Celtic or Aberdeen come to Tynie. Or if Hearts got Rangers or Hibs in the cup.

The police at Tynie on Saturday would have been cops working local stations (or maybe detailed for the SDL march) who were called because of the fighting. They weren't there for the football.

That's simply not true.

At low risk Cat B games the police presence is reduced but there is still a match commander in the police box and a number of cops patrolling the surrounding streets.

glastonbury jambo

A friend of mine (in his 60s) got caught up in it. He said he got hit on the side of the head as he walked towards the main stand entrance, but managed to get a blow on his assailant before taking refuge in the Tynie Arms as it all kicked off.

article-2231867-15FD5944000005DC-554_634

SwindonJambo

Possible solution here??

I remember that from the time, and it still makes me laugh today. At least it would stop them breeding ;)

the Hearts way

You're lucky if it was two minutes at most.

I stand corrected then, thanks.   So, this ?mass brawl? lasted two minutes, led to one arrest, and apparently consisted of mostly cone throwing.    It doesn?t sound that dramatic when read like that. :)   

There are no police at Hearts games this season. Or last. That means no police either inside or outside the ground.

A lot of clubs do this now, saves them money.

The police at Tynie on Saturday would have been cops working local stations (or maybe detailed for the SDL march) who were called because of the fighting. They weren't there for the football.

If I recall correctly I'm sure the clubs only pay for cops inside the stadium. The officers outside are a normal thing for any large gathering whether that is a sports event or a march on Princes Street.

It?s probably a stretch to call it a ?mass brawl? by the sounds of it.   It apparently lasted 5mins.   It mainly seems to have been folks throwing cones.  No one seems to have gotten hurt thank goodness.    Still at a bit of a loss as to where the cops were.

I saw something similar a few years ago in a Lucas ice cream shop. Seemingly somebody had asked for a black-man then compounded the mistake by asking for a 69 instead of a 99. Terrible scenes.

Wtf has Gary Locke started here, it's his fault all this, it really is, bad egg that lad, talking of eggs, KFC, well was it chicken or the egg? Either way, they are bad people, zombies if u like.

I saw something similar a few years ago in a Lucas ice cream shop. Seemingly somebody had asked for a black-man compounded the mistake by asking for a 69 instead of a 99. Terrible scenes.

Racist post with sexual innuendo. Ban on the way I think. :laugh4:  :laugh4:  :laugh4:

Rudolf's Mate

Not sure how random the attacks were on the Hearts fans as I walked straight through the middle of it on my way into the ground. One of the guys I presume was a Killie fan even stopped his charge up the road to let me pass - then continued to leg it up the road and got involved. Also saw an older Hearts fan leaving his greeting laddie to see if he "needed" to be involved. 

A shower of welts on both sides.

What do you mean by 'not sure how random the attacks were'?  

The Real Maroonblood

I saw something similar a few years ago in a Lucas ice cream shop. Seemingly somebody had asked for a black-man then compounded the mistake by asking for a 69 instead of a 99. Terrible scenes.

I hope you gave the ice cream a good licking.

The Real Maroonblood

Wouldn't a basher have been better than a cone in a fight?

The whole episode could have snowballed.

Disgusting that innocent bystanders were attacked. I've never seen an innocent bystander being attacked for no reason at Tynecastle.

Neil Lennon doesn't count, obviously.

Салатные палочки

Heard before that Kille "casuals" are liberty takers. 

Sad b******s. 

i had to leave the match 10 minutes into the second half and when i drove along russell road and got near the Roseburn Bar there were about 20 "casuals" being lined up against the wall by about 30 police officers and 5 meat wagons. It was about 4.30pm

That's simply not true.

At low risk Cat B games the police presence is reduced but there is still a match commander in the police box and a number of cops patrolling the surrounding streets.

well I'll just bow to your superior knowledge.

even though you are completely wrong.

There wasn't a police match commander in the control box on Saturday. Because there weren't any police deployed to the game.

One of my pals was a Manager at 'Rock Steady' security.

I asked him a few years ago who they got most bother with at the grounds they covered in Scotland - he told me whilst the OF were always trouble due to their numbers, the worst were Kilmarnock fans.

There wasn't a police match commander in the control box on Saturday. Because there weren't any police deployed to the game.

If that is the case then that is an absolute disgrace!!

heartsfc_fan

There were one or two police officers outside on McLeod Street after the game. I guess overseeing the crowds leaving.

Rudolf's Mate

My mate must have bumped into around 15 people in fancy dress come as police prior to the game then!

I got hit on the heid with a pie thrown by a Killie supporter 40 years ago.

Think it was Killie Mitch.

explains a lot :-)

Goldstone Wonder

I witnessed this as I was walking into the main stand. There was no police anywhere near where it happened. Really was a bit of a throwback to the early 80s.

the Hearts way

People actually using the term "Liberty takers".

Deary ******* me.

What term do you suggest?

Салатные палочки

Being vicious scumbags. This isn't green street.

TBH I hate football casuals, I also hate Green Street.  I would use the same terminology if I saw someone hitting a pensioner in the street.  

Hitting innocent bystanders in the street = taking liberties.  Whether they do it in a ?500 jacket or not.  

Son Of Anarchy

TBH I hate football casuals, I also hate Green Street. I would use the same terminology if I saw someone hitting a pensioner in the street.

Hitting innocent bystanders in the street = taking liberties. Whether they do it in a ?500 jacket or not.

Precisely. What they do amongst themselves I care not a jot but hitting guys with kids is seriously taking a liberty.

the Hearts way

Eh?  A film?  Never seen it, but if you're implying a film invented the term then you are wrong.     What does it actually matter anyway?

Vicious scumbags who took liberties. 

Dont know you and your only an online persona but you are right up yourself.

portobellojambo1

There are always police officers assigned to football matches, irrespective of whom the opposition is. However, in many instances the actual number of officers within and around the ground can be very minimal, depending on the risk assessments carried out. This is a fixture which doesn't have a recent history of any problems so chances are there were only a limited number both inside and outside.

i managed to get picture of the incident on my phone ... iv sent it to the police ....535aca0a1a2ee.image.jpg

I'm surprised footage hasn't surfaced, there was as many with phone out than there were "fighting".

There are always police officers assigned to football matches, irrespective of whom the opposition is. However, in many instances the actual number of officers within and around the ground can be very minimal, depending on the risk assessments carried out. This is a fixture which doesn't have a recent history of any problems so chances are there were only a limited number both inside and outside.

I never saw any police inside the ground on Saturday.

Eh? A film? Never seen it, but if you're implying a film invented the term then you are wrong. What does it actually matter anyway?

I think he's joking by the way. If no, that's a shanner [emoji3]

Arrest the idiots and give them lifetime restrictions whenever football is on. Dress them up in clown outfits and get them cleaning the gutters for community service.

Stuff like this is why I won't take my kids to football.

Compare to Oz where crowds mix at AFL games and there is a family friendly party atmosphere...

stirlingshirejambo

Arrest the idiots and give them lifetime restrictions whenever football is on. Dress them up in clown outfits and get them cleaning the gutters for community service.

Compare to Oz where crowds mix at AFL games and there is a family friendly party atmosphere...

With all due respect this is an isolated incident

I've taken my boy all over scotland since he was 6 and not once has he felt threatened at a ground in 11 years

We_are_the_Hearts

With all due respect this is an isolated incident

I've taken my boy all over scotland since he was 6 and not once has he felt threatened at a ground in 11 years

Exactly, same with my kids. Its the problem with the internet. Someone farts outside Greggs and by the time it reaches social media they have shat thenself all over Gorgie Road. Internet basically dramatises the real world

More often than not the courts seem to ignore banning orders

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hibs-fans-fined-for-fighting-with-hearts-rivals-1-3896183

Exactly, same with my kids. Its the problem with the internet. Someone farts outside Greggs and by the time it reaches social media they have shat thenself all over Gorgie Road. Internet basically dramatises the real world

Well that's what happens if you partake in too many steak bakes!

I'm surprised footage hasn't surfaced, there was as many with phone out than there were "fighting".

Anyone posting footage is a grass in my books. Innocent guys got caught up in something and stood up for others, leave it at that.

shanner :uhoh2: pmsl . not heard that for years. :pimp2:

Where did you hear it in the first place?

Easter Road?

Archived