Jamie Hamill

Glottis

He also opted to switch ends at kick-off having presumably won the toss.  Not often you see that happen!

Leaving hearts seems to have hurt him more that anyone I have known. We were is big break, an utterly awful player! Walks around with a chip on his shoulder and thinks he's a player that he's not. Killie improved vastly when he was subbed

Leaving hearts seems to have hurt him more that anyone I have known. We were is big break, an utterly awful player! Walks around with a chip on his shoulder and thinks he's a player that he's not. Killie improved vastly when he was subbed

Correct. A joke of a player and they improved after he went off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He also opted to switch ends at kick-off having presumably won the toss.  Not often you see that happen!

Missed the game today, but just seen a photo of walker celebrating his goal.

My first thought was Locke being up to mischief.

Hannibal Lecter

Couldn't stand him when he played for us.

Never a footballer, just a bitter wee tit with a huge chip on his shoulder.

Hamill was my most disliked player ever for us.

Utter shite and I never forgave him after he let Griffiths set up Caldwell against us at Tynie.

Missed the game today, but just seen a photo of walker celebrating his goal.

My first thought was Locke being up to mischief.

Either Locke told Hamill to switch ends if he won the toss, or Hamill made that decision himself.  I'm inclined to go for the latter, as whatever anyone thinks of Locke, he bleeds maroon and I don't believe he would have been behind this.

Captain America

Hamill was his usual rubbish self today but one thing he has always done well and again today is putting his body on the line for his team. Took a sore one from Prince's shot in 2nd half. 

You know what done my head in today? Hamill being subbed off! I cannot recall Locke ever taking him off once when he was with us.

:seething:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't really get all the hatred for Hamill. Maybe not the most talented player but always put the effort in for hearts. Also played for hearts on a reduced wage. I was surprised at some of the stick he was getting yesterday.

Unknown user

Either Locke told Hamill to switch ends if he won the toss, or Hamill made that decision himself. I'm inclined to go for the latter, as whatever anyone thinks of Locke, he bleeds maroon and I don't believe he would have been behind this.

That's the second time in a week someone's mentioned changing ends as if it was a huge negative - what am I missing here?

Either Locke told Hamill to switch ends if he won the toss, or Hamill made that decision himself. I'm inclined to go for the latter, as whatever anyone thinks of Locke, he bleeds maroon and I don't believe he would have been behind this.

What's the relevance of switching ends?

That's the second time in a week someone's mentioned changing ends as if it was a huge negative - what am I missing here?

Maybe the reason Killie changed ends was due to the low sun, no sun in MacDonalds or the Killie defenders eyes?

Unknown user

Maybe the reason Killie changed ends was due to the low sun, no sun in MacDonalds or the Killie defenders eyes?

Seems reasonable if that was the case though, right?

"whatever anyone thinks of Locke, he bleeds maroon and I don't believe he would have been behind this" - behind what? What maroon toes is he stepping on? What offence has been committed? I don't get it

It could be he knew how to confuse Hearts. After at least 25 home games on the trot shooting towards the Roseburn Stand first half Hearts lost their bearings. That said, the referee had an absolute stinker, blowing for nearly 40 fouls in what wasn't a dirty match. 

Pressley switched us round when he came back with Celtic. He knew that it would unsettle us a little. I imagine Hamill and Locke did the same. Fair play to them.

Unknown user

Pressley switched us round when he came back with Celtic. He knew that it would unsettle us a little. I imagine Hamill and Locke did the same. Fair play to them.

If it unsettles us then we're far too precious about it, they have every right to do it if they win the toss

Was not the best, but fair play for taking a huge pay cut when we where in administration. He did have lack of ability but did give 100% in what was a hard season.

Silvery_Moon

Was not the best, but fair play for taking a huge pay cut when we where in administration. He did have lack of ability but did give 100% in what was a hard season.

Also scored a couple of crucial goals for us in the 2012 cup campaign.

For those talking about switching ends, Ozturk has switched ends at every away match he has won the coin toss this season.

Harry Potter

What's the relevance of switching ends?

Dunno, im in section F so happy to see Hearts shooting in to the Rosie 2nd half.

And to think a lot on here could not wait until he returned from his injury to play for us and deemed him like a new great signing...,,,,,a truly awful player in an unfortunate long list of players through the years to pull on the jersey that should not have been allowed near the entrance to tynecastle.

I can't remember the last time we didn't kick towards the Roseburn first half. Low sun or no.

duckandcover

I don't really get all the hatred for Hamill. Maybe not the most talented player but always put the effort in for hearts. Also played for hearts on a reduced wage. I was surprised at some of the stick he was getting yesterday.

Yeah I'm the same. Never minded him, always gave 100%. Bit too emotionally charged at times though.

Watching him on Saturday made me so thankful to have Robbie and Craig.

If Locke was still in charge, Jamie Hamill would have the captains armband on in the Hearts midfield which is a shuddering thought.

Hamill is not good enough for Hearts and now plays for another team. He returned to Tynecastle, gave it 100% for his team, played pish, and didn't get involved in any nasties or wind ups.

Cannot understand all the abuse he is getting on here.

JudyJudyJudy

He looks like he is fighting for pies with Paul Hartley judging by the nick of him on sat

I think it was 'Elvis' who said always turn a side round from their favourite way of playing.

Apparently quite often unsettles them early doors.

Winston Ingram

Hamill's attitude was always strange. Summed up that night he scored in the cup tie at St Johnstone and started booting advertising hoardings, glaring at the away support etc. He seemed to have some problem with Hearts fans and took the attitude that he was doing us some favour. This was a consistent trend. 

He took a pay cut, fine.. I'd be pretty confident nobody else was willing to pay him even that reduced sum. 

Also seem to recall he didn't even have the courtesy of replying to an invite when others (Locke, Combe, Brown, MacDonald, Stevenson) attended a night put on (by the former players association, I'm sure) in the Gorgie Suite after they left the club. All in all, not a particularly likeable guy even when in our own team. 

I didn't mind him really. One of few wholehearted players during hard times, was quite good actually during our cup run in 2012 until injury.

Got shown up on Saturday though with our pace and strength but it was he who was in the road of some goal bound shots.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looked as if he was having bantz with the Wheatfield. Thought it passed quietly for Jamie Hamill

Unknown user

I think it was 'Elvis' who said always turn a side round from their favourite way of playing.

Apparently quite often unsettles them early doors.

As someone above has pointed out, Alim has opted to change ends at a few away games where we've won the toss- is he Inverness's enemy now?

It's a perfectly legitimate thing to do and, if this is something that genuinely unsettles us, we need to look long and hard at how precious we are imo

Archived