Reilly Red Card?

Jackattack07

Hes being made a scapegoat.Shouldnt be the case.Neilson taking sow off changed game.

Nope......he behaved like a petulant twat and got exactly hat he wanted/deserved....a straight red!!

Hannibal Lecter

Sadly can't argue with the red card today. A moment of total stupidity from Reilly.

Didn't see it at the game. Was too busy giving the ref pelters for the 4th time a Kilmarnock player hauled a hearts player back whilst running through.

Not saying what Reilly did was OK in the slightest but it was bloody irritating the way the Kilmarnock players were taking it in turns to take bookings for their team.

This is where we miss the reserves league. Really isn't ready for the first team. He's a fresh pair of legs when he comes on, but I never feel that he's going to change the game in our favour. Someone like Billy King, for example, can come on and make an impact.

I don't quite get the vitriol from some posters, but the lad let himself and the team down. He's young and he'll learn.

Hilary Briss

Definite red.....Reilly kicked out.

The thing that annoyed me...........was that half wit of a ref called 3 or 4 fouls which were a fair bit away from him and were never fouls. They were all within touching distance from linesman who never flagged. Only time he did get involved was for sending off. 

The kid is frustrated, it's just not happened for him yet. Silly red card but let's not kid ourselves that it influenced the outcome of the game. It didn't. The decision to take Sow off certainly did.

Reilly has something. He was a stand out for QotS last season. He might come good with us in time. Part of me worries he might become a Denis Wyness. He deserves support and a fair crack of the whip though. If anything that red shows how desperate he is to make an impression.

The kid is frustrated, it's just not happened for him yet. Silly red card but let's not kid ourselves that it influenced the outcome of the game. It didn't. The decision to take Sow off certainly did.

Reilly has something. He was a stand out for QotS last season. He might come good with us in time. Part of me worries he might become a Denis Wyness. He deserves support and a fair crack of the whip though. If anything that red shows how desperate he is to make an impression.

I thought Derek Lyle was more of a stand out, scored more goals aswell.

Was standing right in front of it, definite red. Although Neilson didn't seem to think as he high fived him as he left the feild.

lost in space

Red card - correct.

So we have 3 forwards at club and 1 now suspeded and we now see (at long last) that we need 2 up front.

I am so glad that we have added a CM to the squad - in case the other 6 get injured.

Great signing policy we have......

Red card defo but Linesman only got involved after killie player told him(not Boyd) 

lino never raised his flag or was approaching ref until after prompting from said killie player

Never saw it at the match, no seen it since but happy to accept the consensus it was deserved.

He actually looked pretty lively in the short time he was on. Won a couple of good headers and would have been annoyed at the rugby tackle Smith took him out with after a good bit of play to go past him. Yes it's stupid to retaliate, but better and more experienced players than him have done it.

buzzbomb1958

Nope......he behaved like a petulant **** and got exactly hat he wanted/deserved....a straight red!!

. Bang on behaved like a. FUD

Agree.

I thought Derek Lyle was more of a stand out, scored more goals aswell.

Far call Lewis but did you see the interview Lyle give the other week about why last season was his best ever?

Reilly was a naive, frustrated young man yesterday.

Seymour M Hersh

Seriously. It was a petulant kick and he caught the Killie player on the shin A red every time. He needs his arse kicked by RN for that. Just because the ref was crap for the rest of the match matters not a jot.

It's a red by the letter of the law but I do feel the perpetrator should also get a red in these situations. If the killie arse doesn't just about rip his shirt off his back then there is no retaliation. Seems those who cause the retaliation always stay on the pitch. 

Red card - correct.

So we have 3 forwards at club and 1 now suspeded and we now see (at long last) that we need 2 up front.

I am so glad that we have added a CM to the squad - in case the other 6 get injured.

Great signing policy we have......

I was thinking this yesterday..... We have no decent cover if any of our two strikers miss a game....even if Reilly is able to play.

Seymour M Hersh

Did it really? Sow, although playing well, had not scored and really didn't look like scoring. Maybe Neilson thought Swanson's guile and passing might have unlocked their defence. It didn't on this occasion.

It's a red by the letter of the law but I do feel the perpetrator should also get a red in these situations. If the killie arse doesn't just about rip his shirt off his back then there is no retaliation. Seems those who cause the retaliation always stay on the pitch. 

Agreed it seems back to front. Btw how did the ref NOT see it? He's already whistled for the foul and it happened straight away .... was he not looking at the incident? Reilly was pretty foolish for reacting and it was the sort of kick which, in open play, would have been a foul and not necessarily a yellow let alone a red. Is it only the "retaliation" that makes it a red?

Straight red for me absolutely disgraceful from Reilly he really is a poor mans Dale Carrick ............. just don't understand why our management team got rid of Dale and replaced him with someone not as good makes no sense to me (and yeah i know dale liked an injury but would he have got sent of today i'm thinking not) 

Same could be said for Keatings and Eckersley.

Cast No Shadow

Both have hardly kicked a ball for Hibs. They're lower level players - the same as Reilly.

Both have hardly kicked a ball for Hibs. They're lower level players - the same as Reilly.

Keatings scored two for them against Raith away and Eckersley has not had a pre-season but had he still been a Hearts player he would have been fit to play and for me is a better type to have than Oshaniwa.

One of football's anomalies. Of which there are many.

Player makes no effort going for ball and deliberately clips Reilly, yellow card.

Reilly retaliates with a stupid petulant little kick out,red card.

Seriously. It was a petulant kick and he caught the Killie player on the shin A red every time. He needs his arse kicked by RN for that. Just because the ref was crap for the rest of the match matters not a jot.

This^^^

Last thing he needed was a red. For me he's struggling to settle just now and any time I've seen him play a decent amount of minutes he's reminded me of Stephen Elliott.

I really hope he settles and starts to show some promise.

JamboJohn1874

I'm sorry but what are you suggesting?

Drop Sow or Juanma to play him.

He was a mistake by the manager who thought he was a tactical genius and could use Reilly when teams got tired. He actually forgot that this theory would require someone who had ability as well as a modicum of pace.

Did it really? Sow, although playing well, had not scored and really didn't look like scoring. Maybe Neilson thought Swanson's guile and passing might have unlocked their defence. It didn't on this occasion.

Swanson's guile and passing?

Not seeing it, never have.

Definite red, poor show from reilly letting the red mist come down

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Midfield Terrier

Reilly may have deserved his red card but why was no action taken when Oshinawa was kicked off the ball in the first half? The main stand linesman tried to bring it to Beatons attention but he took no action.

It's the only thing that arsehole stand side linesman saw all day and he absolutely couldn't wait to bring it to Billy Bunter's attention.

Personally, and I know it's the rules, I think it's a harsh red.

It'll never happen but I always think it should be a red for blatant pulling back or grappling when a player is easily outstripping an opponent as Reilly was. It infuriates players and I can sympathise with Reilly a bit.

In some ways it's a professional foul.

jack D and coke

As bad a refeerring performance as I've seen for a long time. How on earth do these guys ever make the top grade? You can tel that some of these refs have never played football with their decisions. Totally over react to the slightest thing.

Let's not get away from the fact we were absolutely honking yesterday though and didn't deserve much.

A woeful game of football with some woeful players in both teams.

BangkokHearts

Keatings scored two for them against Raith away and Eckersley has not had a pre-season but had he still been a Hearts player he would have been fit to play and for me is a better type to have than Oshaniwa.

Eckersley did a job but Oshaniwa is a far better player. 

jack D and coke

I haven't seen evidence of this myself. The jury is out on this guy for me.

Cast No Shadow

So lower league players then. Thanks for that.

Rather than focus on the red card which was deserved should we not be getting concerned about the lack of discipline being shown by our players

Robbie needs to lay down the law and get this squad to realise that they are responsible for their actions and the impact those will have on the team and ultimately the number of points we obtain.

There are too many silly bookings and sending offs and this needs to change.

Agreed. We have not seen enough of Reilly to draw any conclusions as to his suitability for Hearts. Give him some game time in his preferred position, then we can judge.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Never saw it at the match, no seen it since but happy to accept the consensus it was deserved.

He actually looked pretty lively in the short time he was on. Won a couple of good headers and would have been annoyed at the rugby tackle Smith took him out with after a good bit of play to go past him. Yes it's stupid to retaliate, but better and more experienced players than him have done it.

did well at parkhead too when he came on - stupid thing to do on Saturday but the experts have judged him anyway

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

keatings had a good footballing brain and was a half-decent finisher at times but had zero pace and zero power and is constantly injured - if fit would have been bullied and not up to it even at this (not considerably) higher level

eckersley could have been decent back-up at worst tho

Based on what? I've been at every game he's played in so far and not seen anything to back the above up. His positional sense is poor and his attitude has been less then impressive based on his stupid red card and play acting on Saturday in the dying minutes whilst we're trying to attack and win the game.

Agreed. We have not seen enough of Reilly to draw any conclusions as to his suitability for Hearts. Give him some game time in his preferred position, then we can judge.

You mean like Anderson?

BangkokHearts

Based on what? I've been at every game he's played in so far and not seen anything to back the above up. His positional sense is poor and his attitude has been less then impressive based on his stupid red card and play acting on Saturday in the dying minutes whilst we're trying to attack and win the game.

Nothing wrong with his positioning on Saturday. He was one of our better players. I think there was one instance where he went forward and was caught out of position because someone else gave the ball away. 

His speed, passing, vision and skill is all superior to Eckersley. It was all evident on Saturday, for me at least. He's in a different league (literally).

Couldn't see anything from where I was sat but from players and officials reactions I did wonder if there was cause for his red. Robbie was a lot closer and didn't make much of it.

As for him as a player I just don't see it. Didn't see it at QOTS and still don't see it now. Feel a bit bad as I feel like I'm judging him prematurely, but I don't see him making it.

I hope I'm wrong.

Couldn't see anything from where I was sat but from players and officials reactions I did wonder if there was cause for his red. Robbie was a lot closer and didn't make much of it.

As for him as a player I just don't see it. Didn't see it at QOTS and still don't see it now. Feel a bit bad as I feel like I'm judging him prematurely, but I don't see him making it.

I hope I'm wrong.

It is too early to say - but the start he has made at the Club is less than encouraging to say the least I am afraid.

I hope I'm wrong.

I saw it at the time and kind of expected a red. Thing is, if that had been in open play rather than retaliation, I wonder if he would have been yellow carded, certainly don't think it was worth a red but the "retaliation" bit always seems to up the level of offence.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Totally agree, SMH.

I cannot understand the "retaliation is worse than the offence" mindset in football.

It is a mindset that says that a heat of the moment reaction is worse than a cold, calculated foul.

We are all - most of us - capable of reacting from a rush of blood, especially when we are wronged. It is a natural thing; and it is one reason why pre-planned murder carries a heavier penalty in law than a non-planned, reactive manslaughter.

Totally agree, SMH.

I cannot understand the "retaliation is worse than the offence" mindset in football.

It is a mindset that says that a heat of the moment reaction is worse than a cold, calculated foul.

We are all - most of us - capable of reacting from a rush of blood, especially when we are wronged. It is a natural thing; and it is one reason why pre-planned murder carries a heavier penalty in law than a non-planned, reactive manslaughter.

Very good analogy, extreme but good.

Was a daft one.

Theres no real malice there at all, and if anything it looks like he's tried to trip the boy up rather than actually do him any damage.

But....... by the letter of the law, its a red card and cant have any complaints. A ban certainly wont help him break in to the team that's for sure.

Archived