Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Once again we'll have live video coverage of tonight's game for UK subscribers as well as international. I'll be on air from 7.45pm alongside Jimmy.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
niblick1874

It will be audio only Niblick, on air from around 7.35pm. 

Thanks Laurie, I'll be listening. 

jambo in iraq

Hi Laurie,

With no Hearts TV video stream for the game yesterday, I grudgingly paid the 7 quid (approx) for a month subscription to RedsTV, the similar offering to what Hearts TV provides. However, what i found was a product that for the most part was highly superior to what we are receiving. OK, the commentary was awful and Aberdeen bias which is fine, it's their show, but the main difference was the picture quality and uninterrupted stream. At half time they even showed highlights of the midweek away game Vs Ayr United.

I enjoy your commentary Laurie, but as I have said before the technical problems that persist are very frustrating.

I understand that there is a cost involved with such a broadcast, so I have some suggestions/questions which hopefully can help.

1/ Reciprocal Agreements - can be arranged on a club by club basis. I.e you will get more fans from Aberdeen than say Dundee (both have club TV channels). This would help generate additional income for both services. Failing that maybe offer an away match ticket without the commentary like Dundee.

2/ Changing of camera position. It was maybe a novelty having it there and reminded me of being young and sitting in the father and son section, but it's not a good angle. The sun shining straight at the camera causing glare does not help. My opinion is that we would be better served using the camera section in the Wheatfield, even the lower camera angle would be better. I'm not technically minded but I would also add that the picture quality of Aberdeen coverage was miles ahead of us. Is it time to upgrade the cameras?

3/ Sponsorship of the broadcast. Whilst numbers for International subscriptions might not be that high, users of the footage for online clips on the website will be considerably higher.

4/ Features, guests & half time entertainment. Improve the overall match experience for viewers. Switching on the mics 5 mins from kickoff doesn't really cut the mustard. A wee interview with the players, pre & post match would be good. Guest co-commentary would be great. Enjoyed the Robbo stuff in Malta. Plenty of the old boys kicking around. (no reflection on Jimmy Sandison). Maybe even Mrs Budge would come and do a game with you. That would be great as she is just  like us.

Anyway just suggestions! All the best

Adding to Jambo in Iraq comments

I also paid for Aberdeen tv stream

Some of the points raised are very valid , I just want to start with that I think both Laurie and jimmy do a fantastic job and I would hate to see this duo change for the comentary on hearts tv .

Hearts tv to us expats is just something fabulous for us , it's the only real way we have of seeing and keeping in touch with our team .

I do think that the technical difficulties have to be cleaned up though , it is so frustrating for the live video feed to just cut out in the middle of matches , this seems to happen more when it's not hearts tv but coming from someone else feed like Sky or bbc or whoever is showing the game live .

Having half time replays of games I have already seen are not something that I personally would find entertaining .

Although having some sort of live half time entertainment would be good ( interviews or something like that ) just as Jambo in Iraq said .

I personally don't have an issue with the camera placement , having more than one camera would be amazing though lol

Again some excellent points from Jambo in Iraq and if we keep trying to improve the experience I'm sure we expats will be happy . I don't mind even paying a little more for a better product I just don't like paying for a product that cuts of now and then when your watching it .

Keep pushing forward Laurie

jambo in iraq

1874, I think that maybe we are the only two Jambos living in Ottawa? Would be good to watch a game or two with a fellow Hearts fan! Watched one of our games in the Clocktower and got some funny looks shouting abuse at Willie Collum on my own! 

1874, I think that maybe we are the only two Jambos living in Ottawa? Would be good to watch a game or two with a fellow Hearts fan! Watched one of our games in the Clocktower and got some funny looks shouting abuse at Willie Collum on my own!

I hope not .... Maybe we could arrange to get together for a match one day m8 , here's me thinking you were in Iraq to , don't know what gave me that idea

Adding to Jambo in Iraq comments

I also paid for Aberdeen tv stream

Some of the points raised are very valid , I just want to start with that I think both Laurie and jimmy do a fantastic job and I would hate to see this duo change for the comentary on hearts tv .

Hearts tv to us expats is just something fabulous for us , it's the only real way we have of seeing and keeping in touch with our team .

I do think that the technical difficulties have to be cleaned up though , it is so frustrating for the live video feed to just cut out in the middle of matches , this seems to happen more when it's not hearts tv but coming from someone else feed like Sky or bbc or whoever is showing the game live .

Having half time replays of games I have already seen are not something that I personally would find entertaining .

Although having some sort of live half time entertainment would be good ( interviews or something like that ) just as Jambo in Iraq said .

I personally don't have an issue with the camera placement , having more than one camera would be amazing though lol

Again some excellent points from Jambo in Iraq and if we keep trying to improve the experience I'm sure we expats will be happy . I don't mind even paying a little more for a better product I just don't like paying for a product that cuts of now and then when your watching it .

Keep pushing forward Laurie

Hi Laurie,

With no Hearts TV video stream for the game yesterday, I grudgingly paid the 7 quid (approx) for a month subscription to RedsTV, the similar offering to what Hearts TV provides. However, what i found was a product that for the most part was highly superior to what we are receiving. OK, the commentary was awful and Aberdeen bias which is fine, it's their show, but the main difference was the picture quality and uninterrupted stream. At half time they even showed highlights of the midweek away game Vs Ayr United.

I enjoy your commentary Laurie, but as I have said before the technical problems that persist are very frustrating.

I understand that there is a cost involved with such a broadcast, so I have some suggestions/questions which hopefully can help.

1/ Reciprocal Agreements - can be arranged on a club by club basis. I.e you will get more fans from Aberdeen than say Dundee (both have club TV channels). This would help generate additional income for both services. Failing that maybe offer an away match ticket without the commentary like Dundee.

2/ Changing of camera position. It was maybe a novelty having it there and reminded me of being young and sitting in the father and son section, but it's not a good angle. The sun shining straight at the camera causing glare does not help. My opinion is that we would be better served using the camera section in the Wheatfield, even the lower camera angle would be better. I'm not technically minded but I would also add that the picture quality of Aberdeen coverage was miles ahead of us. Is it time to upgrade the cameras?

3/ Sponsorship of the broadcast. Whilst numbers for International subscriptions might not be that high, users of the footage for online clips on the website will be considerably higher.

4/ Features, guests & half time entertainment. Improve the overall match experience for viewers. Switching on the mics 5 mins from kickoff doesn't really cut the mustard. A wee interview with the players, pre & post match would be good. Guest co-commentary would be great. Enjoyed the Robbo stuff in Malta. Plenty of the old boys kicking around. (no reflection on Jimmy Sandison). Maybe even Mrs Budge would come and do a game with you. That would be great as she is just  like us.

Anyway just suggestions! All the best

Good Afternoon 1874, and Jambo in Iraq

Apologies for not giving you a response earlier in the week, I had read your message but I just didn't get a chance to post in here at the time.

I'm sure you can understand that due to my position I don't have ultimate control over most of what happens with our media service, however what I can tell you is that I will ensure all of your above points are shared with the relevant people.

Some of the points you make are things that I have thought about in the past and I agree on much of what you say.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes at the club and I'm sure you can guess just how busy things are there at the moment, but I think it's still useful to look at feedback such as this in relation to all areas of what we do.

Again, I have to emphasise that I'm not the one who makes the decisions on these sorts of things and I'm not speaking for the club, as such, but I'm more than happy to take your comments to the table.

Cheers

Laurie 

Edited by Laurie

Hi Laurie

What's up with the Audio on this weeks press conferences?

Cheers

Morning MP, not sure. Will ask the question. 

Also, for those who raised a few points above, I passed them on last week and will have some feedback on the points raised soon. 

I too watched Reds TV and agree with the comments above.

I also watched the game yesterday on Partick Thistle TV ..............it was their TV launch day.so I was expecting a number of hiccups.

So pleasantly surprised by the quality of the picture, camera angles, etc., all far superior to ours. Of course you couldn't beat our commentators.

The biggest thing for me was the fact that the picture didn't get blurry which I thought was a result of our cameraman falling asleep 'at the wheel'

I was told previously that it was due to my internet service, which now I know is not true and appears to be a fault of the Hearts TV equipment/service.

Of course, I will continue to subscribe to Hearts TV as it is wonderful to have so far away.

Lets try and catch up with the Aberdeen's and Partick Thistle's of Club TV.......if they can produce a high standard, we can.

• 2 weeks later...

All day yesterday I kept receiving a 404 error when trying to listen to the game. I tried other browsers and it did not play. I noted a couple of users had a similar issue, yet others had little to no problems. I even cleared my cache. Any suggestions? 

• 2 weeks later...

the Mainstand camera view is for games not shown byt BT SKY Alba ect, when its not a televised game this is what we get.

Hoever my complaint today is with the website im only getting half the picture - like anyone who tries to view it on their phone. very strange

the Mainstand camera view is for games not shown byt BT SKY Alba ect, when its not a televised game this is what we get.

Hoever my complaint today is with the website im only getting half the picture - like anyone who tries to view it on their phone. very strange

Seems to just be a firefox issue today as Chrome and IE are ok, Interestingly MODS - i did not type the following "NO_EDIT_PERMS" I clicked the edit  button after the 10 mins were up to edit a post and it auto saved that.

Edited by Neon

Just a big thank you to hearts tv support , the guys were very quick sorting out my issue , now got the match on .....

Must agree with why we back to a one crappy camera again , game a few weeks ago was not live on Sky or tv but we still had multiple camera angles ........ Strange

New Hearts TV website with what seems to be a better quality player fro streaming and a 0 - 3 victory at Fir Park. Brilliant!

New relaunched HeartsTV is terrific! Now it works stable on my iPad and I hope the next livestream will keep the same level of quality. Hearts have the best website of all SPFL teams, keep on the good work!

Cheers - Mike

New relaunched HeartsTV is terrific! Now it works stable on my iPad and I hope the next livestream will keep the same level of quality. Hearts have the best website of all SPFL teams, keep on the good work!

Cheers - Mike

Is that you Ann?  :laugh4:  Only kidding . I concur, well played to all concerned 

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers - Mike

I agree.. My first game since HeartsTV has been relaunched yesterday and all my problems have been sorted.. much, much happier with the service.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, can anyone tell me how I find my username if I have forgotten it ?

Have emailed Hearts TV but is after 5 so might be out of luck.

Cheers

Quick question, can anyone tell me how I find my username if I have forgotten it ?

Have emailed Hearts TV but is after 5 so might be out of luck.

Cheers

All sorted great response from customer service.

Unfortunately it has dropped out twice today in the first 30 minutes.

Still needs some work it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

Credit where it is due.  Yesterday's HD feed was flawless in both video and audio.  Even the camera angle doesn't seem quite so bad in HD.

What are the plans for camera location when the new stand is built?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A half time moan from me about hearts tv .......

Is there any reason for sticking the big hearts logo on the screen at half time ... Can't we just leave the live picture feed running ... It used to just run before ....... Just find it really pointless to cut the live picture feed ( not talking about the commentary, Laurie and jimmy needs there pies )

Any way we can go back to leaving live pictures at half time pls

Edited by 1874

Will the Rangers game this weekend be screened live for international viewers of will it just be audio?

[/quote

As it's not being televised by sky or BT and is away from home, I think not. Looks like I'm going to have to use my dodger IPTV "Rangers tv" link. Makes me feel dirty though!

Will the Rangers game this weekend be screened live for international viewers of will it just be audio?

[/quote

As it's not being televised by sky or BT and is away from home, I think not. Looks like I'm going to have to use my dodger IPTV "Rangers tv" link. Makes me feel dirty though!

Cheers bud

Help please.

On the Hearts TV site I cannot watch any videos?

It say FLASH PLUGIN FAILED TO LOAD ?

Iv checked my flashplugin and its seems ok.

Iv tried to email HTV direct but have no reply 2-3 days?

Need it for the weekend game HHGH

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic