Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Response from support.

Can you refresh the browser and it will kick in again.

We are looking into this.

Kind regards

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems likely the Patrick game on Saturday will be streamed live by the home club as they have done for all home games thus far this season....this was the ad for the Rangers game last Friday:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/stream-for-rangers-game-tomorrow-night/

Used this for the 2-0 defeat there last season

Bar one refresh due to crashing was actually a really good service

Don't know if I will be able to make it on Saturday so this will be my back up if so

Do we know for sure that Patrick are showing the game for there one of deal ?

As before, they showed it last year and have already done so this season so don't see why not

I don't see any inndication on that link that Partick Thistle will be streaming video of Saturday's game or providing a one match fee for doing so to fans.

I guess this is typical of the publicity provided to potential customers from the SPFL?

So I just signed up for the match day pass on jagzone for the game on Saturday..... weird thing is , it says it expires on he 21st September???

Not sure what that's all about , anyone any idea ?

So I just signed up for the match day pass on jagzone for the game on Saturday..... weird thing is , it says it expires on he 21st September???

Not sure what that's all about , anyone any idea ?

It's a 24 hour pass you've bought.

Although the article is misleading, the link you bought for is a 24 hour pass to their page.

If you email their support and explain the pass you wanted was to cover the match on Saturday it should be fine

I'll have some company with me at Firhill today, as Donkey returns for another cameo appearance as my summarise this afternoon. 

Audio only today I'm afraid, with Mr Donaldson and myself on air from around 3.50pm (in case anyone had forgotten, kick off is at 4pm today due to some insignificant match a few miles away  :rolleyes2: ).

I'll have some company with me at Firhill today, as Donkey returns for another cameo appearance as my summarise this afternoon. 

Audio only today I'm afraid, with Mr Donaldson and myself on air from around 3.50pm (in case anyone had forgotten, kick off is at 4pm today due to some insignificant match a few miles away  :rolleyes2: ).

Damn ... Forgot about the 4pm ko

Laurie, whats the chance of some commentary over the full game coverage from the away games? Even just syncing the commentary from the audio broadcast. Watching it with nothing is a pretty empty experience.

Edited by TypoonJambo

Looks like Saturday's game at Dens Park is available for a one off ?5 charge by DeeTV.

http://dundeefc.co.uk/match/hearts-30092017/

Like last week's game, one has to ask why Hearts TV and others cannot share with these other clubs' TV streams to provide a better service?

Money.

Look at Dundee's options;

a. Charge opposing fans a fiver a head for a stream

b. Give opposing clubs' websites access to their streams for free

c. Give opposing clubs' websites access to their streams for a fee

a = cash for Dundee

b = no extra cash so isn't worth doing

c = cash for dundee but expense for Hearts. However, as it's unlikely to attract many additional subscribers, it's just not worth the outlay for hearts.

It suits the smaller clubs just fine to have their games against the bigger clubs available online for one off fees.

Edited by ManMoth

a = limited as unless an away fan goes looking for it there is no publicity by the away team

b = maybe an exchange of streams for home and away games

c = since we're already paying for home games it would be worth checking for away games too especially at a higher price point

a = limited as unless an away fan goes looking for it there is no publicity by the away team

b = maybe an exchange of streams for home and away games

c = since we're already paying for home games it would be worth checking for away games too especially at a higher price point

It is limited income, but it's cold hard cash.

The problem with swapping content is there's no benefit to the clubs, only the additional costs for putting out the broadcast so it becomes a financial minus. Also, clubs jealously maintain the copyright of their in house content, I just can't see them giving it away for free to a competing club - that footage is still potentially worth money on end of season dvds and what have you.

Finally, I think they're at the limit of the price point as it is, Hearts TV alone costs more than my whole iptv package even now.

Looks like Saturday's game at Dens Park is available for a one off ?5 charge by DeeTV.

http://dundeefc.co.uk/match/hearts-30092017/

Like last week's game, one has to ask why Hearts TV and others cannot share with these other clubs' TV streams to provide a better service?

Thanks.

To make sure people sign up to watch the game and not just the normal DeeTV I will post this link.   http://dundeefc.co.uk/deetv/ for a Overseas Single Ticket.

Edited by EH17

It is limited income, but it's cold hard cash.

The problem with swapping content is there's no benefit to the clubs, only the additional costs for putting out the broadcast so it becomes a financial minus. Also, clubs jealously maintain the copyright of their in house content, I just can't see them giving it away for free to a competing club - that footage is still potentially worth money on end of season dvds and what have you.

Finally, I think they're at the limit of the price point as it is, Hearts TV alone costs more than my whole iptv package even now.

I think the SFA/SPFL holds all copyright of what happens on the pitch. I think Hearts actually need their permission if they want to show any highlights/bring out cup final DVD's etc.

I think the SFA/SPFL holds all copyright of what happens on the pitch. I think Hearts actually need their permission if they want to show any highlights/bring out cup final DVD's etc.

I'll believe that because it's mostly their broadcaster's footage we'd be using, but the stuff we film ourselves must be ours. In fact I just checked, the T's and C's on the Hearts TV site says this:

All materials and content appearing in the Site are copyright to The Club and SPORTSMEDIA GB Limited or its licensors (including the Club) and are protected under copyright laws throughout the world.

DeeTV registration completely failed.

At least my HeartsTV audio commentary is working.

I pay a monthly sub for UK audio but can never get the fe**in thing to work.

Tried on IPad and laptop.

Can view pre- recorded video but not listen to live audio. Click on box, nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on what we are likely to see/hear for our subscription this week?  

Looks like Ross County TV has a YouTube site but no info re live broadcasts.

Still nothing on the site even mentioning the game tomorrow. Poor again.

Hector, as I understand it, as it is at home, it should be live audio and video for overseas subscribers. But good luck on getting anything from the club as the site at the moment gives no info.

As an aside, I'm looking at moving down your way next year, probably nearer Mijas Pueblo. Any good bars to recommend for the games?

Live audio coverage only !!!!!!!

this is on the website now 

what happened to the arrangement with BBC alba for a live video feed for international subscribers 

bad comunication hearts tv , very poor service 

25 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Live audio coverage only !!!!!!!

this is on the website now 

what happened to the arrangement with BBC alba for a live video feed for international subscribers 

bad comunication hearts tv , very poor service 

Agreed. Considering the fact that the international supporters have continued to pay up despite there being no home games for so long, it seems no effort has been made to repay the loyalty. Even worse has been the lack of communication.  Lots of speculation amongst members re the Alba link allowing live video, yet nothing from the club until today's fixture pops up, about one hour before kick off.

Laurie I know it's not your place and not really anything to do with you , but could you offer us subscribers any info on the state of affairs, what's going on , what does the future of hearts tv hold for subscribers 

laurie I'm reaching out to you here .....

23 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Agreed. Considering the fact that the international supporters have continued to pay up despite there being no home games for so long, it seems no effort has been made to repay the loyalty. Even worse has been the lack of communication.  Lots of speculation amongst members re the Alba link allowing live video, yet nothing from the club until today's fixture pops up, about one hour before kick off.

The strategic international subscriber normally pays monthly August- April/May, but this season there's been no justification to start up yet imo. I'm waiting till November. 

2 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

The strategic international subscriber normally pays monthly August- April/May, but this season there's been no justification to start up yet imo. I'm waiting till November. 

I pay every month m8 including the close season for the simple fact that some of the money goes to hearts . 

Just now, 1874 said:

I pay every month m8 including the close season for the simple fact that some of the money goes to hearts . 

Then you're more of a philanthropic subscriber than a strategic one!

4 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

Then you're more of a philanthropic subscriber than a strategic one!

Couldnt even tell you what that long pathetic word means m8 ...... But anyway :huh2:

Edited by 1874

Is the Live Audio feed down for anyone? Was fine for 1st half but nothing now?

Nevermind just back up 8 mins in

Edited by Beave1874

I'm with 1874 on this one.  It's a way of contributing to the club just like my season ticket which I give away most weeks.

However, in return, we do expect a modicum of professional contact from the club, in particular from whoever is responsible for Hearts TV. 

Right now I just have a vision of Laurie showing up in Dingwall amongst the fans with a mic cable wrapped around his shoulder asking "Where do I plug this in?"

Ok here we go again , I'm in the dark a bit about this weeks game , should be live video for international subs ...... But nothing on the website as far as I can see and due to recent bad service does anyone have any concrete answer to whether we are getting video or not 

As it's officially a home game I'm expecting to be able to watch it live. However, as seems the norm with this years crappy service, no information on the site. As has been mentioned, scant recognition for those of us who, instead of jumping out of the service because of the scarcity of home games, decided to stick with it and keep getting the funds to the team. One way loyalty.

Edited by TypoonJambo
Mis spelling

Laurie intimates its not him, then who is responsible for Hearts TV at club level.

Does anyone know?

15 minutes ago, jamienick said:

Laurie intimates its not him, then who is responsible for Hearts TV at club level.

Does anyone know?

Good question.... it would be good to have a direct body or person to email or call about the situation 

Confusing though as every time I have posted a technical issue during a stream it has been Laurie who has sorted it out. I guess it's a service provide by an outside company, with the club getting a small percentage of the monies. Hence the reason Anne, and the club, have no idea of the services failings and subscribers frustrations.

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 17:17, Laurie said:

Sorry about all the issues today folks, it was an absolute nightmare. One of the headsets randomly stopped working before we went on air and then the video feed wouldn't come through. Eventually we had to move all of our kit to a different spot in the press box, where we found the internet line didn't work at all. Extension cable was out, folk were rushing around madly and eventually we managed to get on air.

I believe the kit is going to be sent back for testing as the faults seemed inexplicable today.

Again, apologises for the delay in getting on air - I understand we had to use an alternative method to broadcast (sorry, not sure exactly how they did it in the end - not my remit) but that's possibly why some of you had further issues.

How do I clear the notification box?there is nothing to guide me and I don't see a How To anywhere.

Looks like somebody at Hearts TV is finally reading this thread since the next three games have just popped up on the "Upcoming Live Fixtures" section of Hearts TV.  :pimp2:

Looks like we are getting a video stream for the St. Johnstone and Hibs games and something, not yet listed, for the Rangers game.

Now, this raises a question which could easily be answered if we had a contact point.  If we are getting a video feed from Easter Road, why can't we get one for other away games where video streams are available?

11 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

If we are getting a video feed from Easter Road, why can't we get one for other away games where video streams are available?

the hibs game at easter road is live on BT Sports so it will be that feed thats being used, thats usually what happens when an away game is being televised live

Fair enough but it would be nice to have some confirmation of this from Hearts TV so we know where we stand with our subscriptions.

I see that we now have some contact information on the official site.

"For all HeartsTV, heartsfc.co.uk, and Hearts Mobile technical or help enquiries contact Support via: [email protected].

Please note: Most emails sent through heartsfc.co.uk are received by the Hearts Customer Services team. Where appropriate, you will receive a personal response. Alternatively your enquiry may be passed to another department. Be assured that every email received by the club is read and processed fully."

I already asked for details of the Rangers game on the 28th, October but I see that they have been listed today as a pop-up on the Hearts TV page. 

I got a response this morning to my request for details of the Rangers game streaming.

"Overseas subscribers will receive the live video for the Rangers match.

Kind regards

Hearts TV Support"

This is an improvement in communication so I've asked for a complete November schedule.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic