Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should’ve been 12!

Me and my dad are heading to New York for tartan week celebrations and the parade this weekend so will be missing only our 3rd Hearts game of the season.

For saturdays game v Aberdeen someone had mentioned subscribing to Hearts tv international for a month - £8.99 and we may be able to stream it from New York.

Would this work if I set it up and logged in whilst in America on my iPad registered in the uk or would I need to use an American pc/laptop because of the IP address?

Any help would be much appreciated as eager to see the game live.

Cheers

It should’ve been 12! Is now (hopefully) sorted out and ready to watch the game on Saturday 

Can't we just keep the live pictures up please .... How difficult can this be to get right hearts tv !!!!!!!!

Just now, 1874 said:

Can't we just keep the live pictures up please .... How difficult can this be to get right hearts tv !!!!!!!!

alba feed so i imagine there will be some copyright things they couldnt show like Ads etc

34 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Anyone having a blurred picture?

was perfect first half for me. you got it sorted now? 

55 minutes ago, Dinger said:

alba feed so i imagine there will be some copyright things they couldnt show like Ads etc

Yes ... But I'm paying hearts tv , not Alba ... I should get the same service from whoever we are pulling pictures from ... Again as I type I have Gaelic blasting through my tv ...... 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Dinger said:

was perfect first half for me. you got it sorted now? 

Hopeless 1st but perfect 2nd.

No problems at all here, Big ty to Jimmy and Laurie for a highly entertaining commentary.

Geography Lessons and Redtv forced to listen to Heartstv commentary.

(Scenario - Shout outs to various fans around the globe.)

Laurie says to Jimmy, I will leave that one for you to say.

Phuket Fu.... PHoo.

We will leave it there.

Great job guys, Helps when Hearts breezed a win, smiles all round in this household.

Good stream today.  Consistent with those since returning to Tynecastle.

Still getting those odd audio and video glitches during camera changes on TV feeds.  

• 2 weeks later...
broughies tach

Not really got the time or inclination to read through 28 pages and 3 years worth of posts but a quick answer for those in the know would be appreciated I'm in LA for the 2 home games if I subscribe to Hearts TV will I get them live in my hotel room ? Before anyone asks I'm staying at the Beverley Wilshire and they jump through hoops when it comes to customer service so a stream to our room should not be a problem its the IP address malarkey that I don't understand Cheers

Edited by broughies tach
Mid spelling

TyphoonJambo

You would need to subscribe to the international package. Then it will recognise your international IP address. Pretty certain that the home Hearts tv package never gets the live games, irrespective of your IP address. Looking at the state of Rangers at the moment it could be 8.99 well spent and I wouldn’t want to miss it.

Check with the hotel in advance if they permit in room video streaming.  Most do not as they prefer you to use the in house TV system but the Beverly Wilshire might do so as they have a lot of customers in the movie business.  If they do, then you'll have to subscribe to the International Package on Hearts TV.

I have the same issue as I'll be at the Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center on Sunday.  Finding anybody who knows anything about video streaming there though is a bit problematic!

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

Check with the hotel in advance if they permit in room video streaming.  Most do not as they prefer you to use the in house TV system but the Beverly Wilshire might do so as they have a lot of customers in the movie business.  If they do, then you'll have to subscribe to the International Package on Hearts TV.

I have the same issue as I'll be at the Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center on Sunday.  Finding anybody who knows anything about video streaming there though is a bit problematic!

Surely if you can visit an external site via their wifi they have no control over what you can watch.

As Typhoon Jambo said You need to be subscribed to the Heartstv international service - Also If you have issues with the Hotels Wifi then just create a hotspot and login from there.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple.  Hotel wi-fi systems have restricted bandwidth and throttling devices to prevent excessive usage........and video streaming is usually classed as that.

colinmaroon

Is anyone else having problems with the "fit" of the picture on Hearts TV?

It looks like I'm looking at the left of the picture and the bottom left is out of view also.

On 22/04/2018 at 13:35, Mister Dee said:

Is anyone else's video ahead of the audio? 

Can it be addressed? 

This happened to me a number of times this season. I don't know the solution.

It seems to happen when we get a feed from another supplier.  Something that definitely does need to be addressed.

Makes you wonder if anybody is even monitoring the stream.

broughies tach
On 17/04/2018 at 16:06, DesertDawg said:

Cheers Desert have been in touch with the hotel They have a 24 "business centre" with WiFi etc etc So I guess I will have to have an early morning wake up call What info and how soon do I need to subscribe to the International Package ?

TyphoonJambo
8 hours ago, broughies tach said:

Cheers Desert have been in touch with the hotel They have a 24 "business centre" with WiFi etc etc So I guess I will have to have an early morning wake up call What info and how soon do I need to subscribe to the International Package ?

Broughie, it’s 8.99 and just go onto the Hearts tv site, select international. All they need are payment details as the system detects that your abroad. Easy and you can do it within minutes of the game. It’s useable as soon as payment is made. Don’t worry if you see nothing except either previous games or the Hearts badge, right up until 5 minutes before kick off as they don’t start video coverage until about 5 minutes before.

How did it go?

It turned out that the Boca Marriott has two levels of Internet.  The "free" one which doesn't include streaming, and a $15.00 a day charge offer which includes streaming.

2 hours ago, Gards said:

Everyone else getting RED TV feed and commentary for the game?

Laurie confirmed that he was doing audio for uk but because we use the same provider as red tv so we’re using their feed tonight

Worked well for me.  Even the first half commentary duo was pretty good but the second half pair were way too biased.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Clarkserino said:

Anyone watching Hearts tv having sound issues?

Sound only seems to be coming out one speaker and a bit muffled..no stereo

Clarkserino
5 minutes ago, Gards said:

Sound only seems to be coming out one speaker and a bit muffled..no stereo

May not be the worst thing to dull down the sound of Jimmy Sandison

DesertDawg

No problems here in Arizona.

In fact, the service has been excellent for several weeks now.

Yes , I had sound problems also .... one speaker only .... back to the days of mono 

• 1 month later...

Pretty disappointed by the summer coverage this year on HeartsTV, I pay monthly just in case I have an irreversible issue.

The content has been considerably lacking this summer, to put any value on it.

Thinking of just paying for the service thru-out the campaign.

Wish they would address this issue as it is stunting our growth for the overseas market.

Edited by Neon

DesertDawg

I agree on this one although we do have the goals from last week's two friendlies at Arbroath and Dumbarton up now.

As a minimum, some indication of what we might be likely to see later this month when the Betfred Cup starts, would be helpful.  

It should’ve been 12!

Hi,

I am going up to Aberdeen for the cove rangers game but am in America from 19th-30th July 2018.

I was over in april and managed to purchase Hearts tv international monthly subscription, connect to an American WiFi and watch the Aberdeen Home game.

Does anyone know if I was to get another gift of a months membership for Hearts tv international whilst away if it would be showing the Betfred Cup games?

Also is there anywhere I could look to confirm the fixtures being shown on Hearts tv when abroad again to try and view the games not on tv or on tv but unable to find a pub to watch these (as going to Florida and Miami and don’t think they show BT Sports anywhere).

Any help/advice would be much appreciated?

Cheers ?⚽️

2 hours ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

Hi,

I am going up to Aberdeen for the cove rangers game but am in America from 19th-30th July 2018.

I was over in april and managed to purchase Hearts tv international monthly subscription, connect to an American WiFi and watch the Aberdeen Home game.

Does anyone know if I was to get another gift of a months membership for Hearts tv international whilst away if it would be showing the Betfred Cup games?

Also is there anywhere I could look to confirm the fixtures being shown on Hearts tv when abroad again to try and view the games not on tv or on tv but unable to find a pub to watch these (as going to Florida and Miami and don’t think they show BT Sports anywhere).

Any help/advice would be much appreciated?

Cheers ?⚽️

I wouldn’t imagine there would be video from

Cove (never know though getting a link up to the internet at Lower league grounds) 

but there should be video from the other 3

raith Away is on BT sport so if it’s at Methil or Starks there will be a feed and the Cowdenbeath will be at Tynecastle so should be a feed as with the Inverness (also on Bt) home game. 

But yeah purchase a gift sub nearer the time (and ideally with confirmation from

hearts tv) and you should be good

Edited by BM1874

It should’ve been 12!
On 09/07/2018 at 21:15, BM1874 said:

I wouldn’t imagine there would be video from

Cove (never know though getting a link up to the internet at Lower league grounds) 

but there should be video from the other 3

raith Away is on BT sport so if it’s at Methil or Starks there will be a feed and the Cowdenbeath will be at Tynecastle so should be a feed as with the Inverness (also on Bt) home game. 

But yeah purchase a gift sub nearer the time (and ideally with confirmation from

hearts tv) and you should be good

Thanks mate, will do.

Hey folks,

Looking forward to the new season, I hope you all are as well?

I can see that you've all seen the updates on the upcoming coverage on Hearts TV, for the Betfred Cup matches, but just wanted to post a quick message myself too.

Unfortunately the Balmoral Stadium has no ISDN line tomorrow, so although we will have audio coverage it will be done through a mobile phone line - which most of you have experienced previously when we've been unable to access a working line. So we will be bringing you audio commentary but the sound quality won't be as good as we'd like. 

The other three matches will be a different story though, as we have a line at Bayview as well as video coverage for international subscribers because of the live TV cameras there and of course the Tynecastle matches will have the usual broadcast. 

Any questions, give me a shout!

Laurie 

It should’ve been 12!

Just purchased an international monthly subscription for the betfred cup games whilst in America. I noted payment frequency monthly but I assume this is just a one off payment and it ceases after the month. It was only a card payment so not providing direct debit details probably gives me my answer just confused by the payment frequency saying monthly as opposed to one-off. On the hearts tv website it suggests a full extended list of upcoming live games, not only the one"s on tv so that is good, mind you will probably be at all the games when back home anyway. ?⚽️

Think you may need to cancel this manually after the month , I know my subs come of automatically every month , don’t think hearts tv does a one of subscription 

8 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Think you may need to cancel this manually after the month , I know my subs come of automatically every month , don’t think hearts tv does a one of subscription 

Only one off is the “gift a subscription “ option sadly.

It should’ve been 12!

My girlfriend actually set up a heart tv account and sent this to me as a gift - hearts international tv monthly subscription so hopefully this will be just a one-off payment.

IMG_2223.thumb.PNG.71d51236e680d1c3d7a7eefd69d797fb.PNG

i shall contact hearts directly to clarify, thanks for everyone's advice.

?⚽️

9 hours ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

My girlfriend actually set up a heart tv account and sent this to me as a gift - hearts international tv monthly subscription so hopefully this will be just a one-off payment.

IMG_2223.thumb.PNG.71d51236e680d1c3d7a7eefd69d797fb.PNG

i shall contact hearts directly to clarify, thanks for everyone's advice.

?⚽️

You should be fine

ive done it for someone on here before (may even have been you?) 

all you need to do is check your email (and junk folder) and there will be a code on the email

go to Hearts tv, login

my account

subscription

redeem

and enter the code and it should activate it for 1 calendar month from date of activation 

Or there abouts

It should’ve been 12!
2 hours ago, BM1874 said:

You should be fine

ive done it for someone on here before (may even have been you?) 

all you need to do is check your email (and junk folder) and there will be a code on the email

go to Hearts tv, login

my account

subscription

redeem

and enter the code and it should activate it for 1 calendar month from date of activation 

Or there abouts

I believe it was back in April - Thanks mate ?

I now have the code through and have sent something to Hearts to confirm one off payment as a gift so should be sorted.

Cheers ?⚽️

Excellent audio and video feed from Raith TV continues despite losing their key volunteer to Celtic TV........which, in fairness, is a paid position.  :pimp2:

Let's hope Hearts TV can match this standard this season.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic