Billy McKay

Spencer

Not for me guy usually has a wee purple patch each year then disappears about January for months without a goal.He would be a bench warmer at best

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3fingersreid

Was he the player who missed a sitter against us in the semi final at the echodome a few years back ?

I'd rather we let young Oliver get a game up front and spend any monies we have on a midfielder tbh that said if he did come then great

If we have 200k to spend, we should not be spending it on this guy.

Attacking midfielder needed if we're to stay near the top.

Looks like Hibs could be nicking Billy Mckay from under Uniteds nose. Ross county still about too.

If Billy McKay turns down United for Hibs he is bonkers.

Clerry Jambo

If Billy McKay turns down United for Hibs he is bonkers.

Correct and where are the losers getting 200K from??

I can't imagine that any player would knock back United for the vermin.

Money would be the only reason and they'd have to offer a whole lot more.

Looks like Hibs could be nicking Billy Mckay from under Uniteds nose. Ross county still about too.

would be a good purchase for them, they seem to be throwing a few quid at getting promoted. I'd have him in our squad to be honest!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hibs have robbed a bank surely. All this to get into a play off position, a position they have failed in 2 successive seasons. Billy McKay is not someone I would be too keen on, hot or cold, I could see him sitting on our bench, not improving himself and therefore us.

Correct and where are the losers getting 200K from??

it's not from the huge attendances they get anyways.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Serious question. Why aren't Aberdeen in for him? They have taken anyone else half decent ICT have ever had.

If Hibs are going toe to toe with clubs over a 200k player, they really are going all out for promotion this year and potentially playing a dangerous game.

Rangers will be way out in front which leaves the play off's and McKay is the quality of player that could make the difference between going up or staying in the Championship.   Thing is, if it goes boobies up for whatever reason, its another year of losing out on money and its hard to see how they can keep going on like that with crowds as they are.

Another point is if McKay does choose Hibs over United, they must be throwing daft wages at it as well.

All said and done, could see them being in for him on loan, but not as a full signing.

Loans cost money and you don't get the asset at the end of it though

Not unless its a loan deal with a permanent move at the end.

Happens regularly nowadays.

Gives us more time to find the readies.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Serious question. Why aren't Aberdeen in for him? They have taken anyone else half decent ICT have ever had.

Maybe because like us they think they are well covered up front or perhaps his hot/ cold form which many have alluded to. Wyness had a similar record at ICT but turned out to be a dud when we signed him so players that shine at one club don't always make an impact elsewhere. His time down south seems to be a bit of a failier.

If he did go to the championship with H1b5 he would be a standout. I could see the Ibrox mob stepping in to stop that scenario happening though.

Maybe because like us they think they are well covered up front or perhaps his hot/ cold form which many have alluded to. Wyness had a similar record at ICT but turned out to be a dud when we signed him so players that shine at one club don't always make an impact elsewhere. His time down south seems to be a bit of a failier.

If he did go to the championship with H1b5 he would be a standout. I could see the Ibrox mob stepping in to stop that scenario happening though.

can't see rangers being too worried to be honest, you would expect him to hit a few in the championship tho!!

Clerry Jambo

@ScottBurns75: @billymckay22 - as it stands - will not be joining @dundeeunitedfc. @HibsOfficial trying to do a deal while @RCFCStaggies keen on loan.

Not unless its a loan deal with a permanent move at the end.

Happens regularly nowadays.

Gives us more time to find the readies.

So we'd need to pay a loan fee for a season and then a transfer fee, which in his case would be the thick end of half a million I would think ? This is the problem with signing ANYONE who has been in England, even those who have failed in England. The price is way in excess of the worth. This is also why we look abroad for signings and get people like Juanma on much less than we'd get the likes of Stevie May for.

Juanma or May anyone ?

Cut The Crap

Hibs must be running at a substantial loss here, no way their gates support the outlay on wages

Rangers return to adequacy has really spooked them I reckon. They are desperate to avoid a third season in the second tier.

Rangers return to adequacy has really spooked them I reckon. They are desperate to avoid a third season in the second tier.

Jesus what a hard league that is to get out of. They must know they are likely to be there next season by now and they would be better off looking at structure for next season rather than chucking daft money at a next to impossible task this season. You can see them in the play offs but beating the 2nd bottom premier side ? Very little chance IMO.

Jesus what a hard league that is to get out of. They must know they are likely to be there next season by now and they would be better off looking at structure for next season rather than chucking daft money at a next to impossible task this season. You can see them in the play offs but beating the 2nd bottom premier side ? Very little chance IMO.

I think they are trying to put a team together to win the play off, risky but there are a few pretty poor teams in the spl who you would expect them to beat!!

Cut The Crap

Jesus what a hard league that is to get out of.

Oh, I don't know...

:verysmug:

@ScottBurns75: @billymckay22 - as it stands - will not be joining @dundeeunitedfc. @HibsOfficial trying to do a deal while @RCFCStaggies keen on loan.

Old Uncle Tom must be selling a hell of a lot of tyres and exhausts to help the Hibbees pay their ever increasing wage bill. Oh no sorry he just gets the bank to pay for it.

Really not sure where that leaves United. They look well short up front and that idiotic Chairman appears more focused on some bizarre Australian idea.

He would be a superb acquisition for Hibs imo. I think he'd be very good for us for that matter.

I wouldn't rule out ICT getting involved for obvious reasons

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34074171

Dundee United have had a bid of about ?200,000 accepted by Wigan Athletic for striker Billy Mckay.

The former Inverness CT player has played only nine games for Wigan since joining them in January this year.

"We are working on one or two things just now and there is nothing concrete at the moment," United boss Jackie McNamara told BBC Scotland.

"But we are trying to get some stuff done."

Mckay, 26, has still to reach a financial settlement with Wigan about his departure from the club.

Ross County were also interested in signing the player but United are now firm favourites to capture Mckay who scored over 50 goals in his spell with Caley Thistle.

Soooo...

Since Scott Burns writes for the Daily Express (what Private Eye calls the Daily Getsworse) shall we assume this is horse poo?

Who to believe?

Hibs have robbed a bank surely. All this to get into a play off position, a position they have failed in 2 successive seasons. Billy McKay is not someone I would be too keen on, hot or cold, I could see him sitting on our bench, not improving himself and therefore us.

They have robbed a bank. The bank they robbed is owned by the tax payer.

If the shite get him, I'd say they would have to definitely get promoted this year or face financial meltdown next year.

And we all know they bottle it when it really matters..

:jjyay:

Arthur Morgan

Billy McKay would be a decent signing but we don't need him. We have enough cover and better strikers at the club just now. We could do with an attacking minded CM.

Fly the Saltire

I would not pay for Billy McKay but Stevie May who is on his way out from Sheffield Wednesday  is another matter.

A good addition to Hearts squad with great resale potential.

I think they are trying to put a team together to win the play off, risky but there are a few pretty poor teams in the spl who you would expect them to beat!!

I would expect Kilmarnock to soundly beat Hibs if the squads stay as they are or close to it. Who else is going to be down that end ? Partick, Ross County, Hamilton maybe, St Johnstone ? A couple of others in the frame maybe. Hibs won't beat any of them over two legs as their squad stands at the moment.

IMO they are going to have to build this season and next summer and hope the quality in the championship next season is poor enough for them to make a decent fist of winning it. They are NOT going up this season IMO.

maroonnicky63

why the hell would we want Billy McKay ? we need a good strong midfielder before we want a striker I would have thought

why the hell would we want Billy McKay ? we need a good strong midfielder before we want a striker I would have thought

Because he would strengthen the squad in the striker position.

If signing him means we can't get another attacking midfielder in, then we shouldn't obviously.

I'd love to see Billy Mckay at hearts if we could get him. He's scored plenty of goals already in this league and he's only 26.

Plus one thing Tuesday showed was that without Sow & Juanma we lacked a cutting edge up front.

I would expect Kilmarnock to soundly beat Hibs if the squads stay as they are or close to it. Who else is going to be down that end ? Partick, Ross County, Hamilton maybe, St Johnstone ? A couple of others in the frame maybe. Hibs won't beat any of them over two legs as their squad stands at the moment.

IMO they are going to have to build this season and next summer and hope the quality in the championship next season is poor enough for them to make a decent fist of winning it. They are NOT going up this season IMO.

The way things have started ICT could well be down there come the end of the season.  It would be nice to see Hibs pumped in the final by a former captain and manager.

We need to aim to sign players better than we already have. Based on the quality we are attracting/signing now, Billy McKay doesn't fit that criteria. Bang average

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34074171

Dundee United have had a bid of about ?200,000 accepted by Wigan Athletic for striker Billy Mckay.

The former Inverness CT player has played only nine games for Wigan since joining them in January this year.

"I am working on one or two things just now to see what cut I can get on this deal and there is nothing concrete at the moment," United boss Jackie McNamara told BBC Scotland.

"But we are trying to get some stuff done."

Mckay, 26, has still to reach a financial settlement with Wigan about his departure from the club.

Ross County were also interested in signing the player but United are now firm favourites to capture Mckay who scored over 50 goals in his spell with Caley Thistle.

FTFY.

Archived