Billy McKay

Spencer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daily Express back page today although also heard it in last few days too.

Express suggest us and Dundee United are in for him.

He would be a superb addition imo. Would suggest there is outward movement too

Dundee United have already had 3 bids rejected, so I think Wigan would be holding out for a pretty high amount in SPFL terms.

No thanks, would rather not pay a few for a substitute

He'd play ahead of Reilly who started last weekend.

The Treasurer

When a paper lists a few clubs it makes me think they're guessing.

Or an agent trying to drum up interest and therefore increase his cut

We_are_the_Hearts

He'd play ahead of Reilly who started last weekend.

He won't play when Juanma, Sow, Walker and Nicholson are all fit..............

We_are_the_Hearts

Can he play the number 10 role?

No, out and out striker so would be competing with Sow and Juanma for that role

N Lincs Jambo

Can't see it tbh. If he's not good enough for a mid-table league 1 side then he's not good enough for a team topping the SPFL Prem. If he is good enough then why is he going? Disruptive?? Can't see RN taking someone on who either isn't good enough or is disruptive...... So he'll probably have signed on the dotted line before I get back from work tonight :)

Special Agent Dale Cooper

250k for a position we are amply covered in? No ta.

Can't see it tbh. If he's not good enough for a mid-table league 1 side then he's not good enough for a team topping the SPFL Prem. If he is good enough then why is he going? Disruptive?? Can't see RN taking someone on who either isn't good enough or is disruptive...... So he'll probably have signed on the dotted line before I get back from work tonight :)

No offence but what nonsense. He's already been a major success in Scotland and also, look at that Tavernear tearing up the Championship having "not been good enough for a mid-table League 1 side".

Dagger Is Back

In a heartbeat. A proven SPL finisher and with a goal scoring record that beats anything we have at the mo.

I think we could do with one extra striker. Sow, Juanma and Reilly all started last week leaving Oliver as the cover on the bench and realistically I suspect RN would like to send Oliver out on loan to get him more game time.  Injuries will happen and even with one striker out it leaves us thin, two missing and we are struggling badly.  Having four strikers would also allow us to field stronger teams in the cups while having the luxury of resting one or two strikers for an upcoming league match.

Whether our need for an extra striker is more pressing than our need for a midfielder is debatable, I wonder if Paterson's cameo role on Tuesday has persuaded RN that he could be used as midfield cover in an emergency.

Dagger Is Back

?150K? Bargain based on previous SPL form. We must have earned most of that from higher than expected match ticket sales already

I'd like him but I'm not that fussed.

This is where i am. Good player but i would hope its not at the expense of another midfielder.

We_are_the_Hearts

Don't think he is the type of striker we will look at. Tends to be he scores or no one does. It wasn't a surprise ICT improved after he left.

?150K? Bargain based on previous SPL form. We must have earned most of that from higher than expected match ticket sales already

Agree. Even at the reported ?200 k he would be a bargain. Would also solve our penalty problem. He is proven at SPL level so it's pretty simple. If we want him it's ?200 k. We will pay him more than Utd will and Edinburgh is just a better place to live than Dundee. We must have the money given ticket sales etc and the fact that we are a year ahead of the club's financial plan. Does Robbie want him though?

I've never been impressed with him when at Inverness. He did score a lot of goals but he seemed to miss a lot more than he scored. He is also not very quick. Having said that, if our management team think he is worth spending money on I'll trust their judgement more than mine 

ToadKiller Dog

Dundee United have agreed 200k deal with Wigan , good signing for them , though it's their defence which is where they need players

upgotheheads

I think we could do with one extra striker. Sow, Juanma and Reilly all started last week leaving Oliver as the cover on the bench and realistically I suspect RN would like to send Oliver out on loan to get him more game time.  Injuries will happen and even with one striker out it leaves us thin, two missing and we are struggling badly.  Having four strikers would also allow us to field stronger teams in the cups while having the luxury of resting one or two strikers for an upcoming league match.

Whether our need for an extra striker is more pressing than our need for a midfielder is debatable, I wonder if Paterson's cameo role on Tuesday has persuaded RN that he could be used as midfield cover in an emergency.

Good post. He scored a lot of goals at Inverness but did he not go off the boil a bit before his transfer?

He might be a good addition just to provide extra competition for Nicholson, King and Reilly, although an attacking midfielder would be a better addition imo. Maybe we're looking for both.

All roads lead to Gorgie

He would be a useful signing as the strikers we have are great facing goal and running at defences but think of the crosses we still put in and no one gambles so McKay could be that missing link. I don't believe it will happen though and attacking options from centre midfield are more of a priority, the more competition in that area the better the team will perform but different combinations up front wouldn't go amiss as well.

luckyBatistuta

He would definitely be a good addition to the squad, but if it was between signing him or an AM then I'd rather pass on him. Hopefully we can have both though...fingers crossed.

Wouldn't mind if he signed for us but I would rather a box-to-box midfielder came in as I feel we need that more.

Tynie-Tempah

not what we need in my opinion.  waste of money/wages that could strengthen more appropriate gaps in squad

Wouldn't mind if he signed for us but I would rather a box-to-box midfielder came in as I feel we need that more.

THIS

We_are_the_Hearts

People keep saying a box to box midfielder but that's not what we need. We have Gomis, Pallardo and Buaben to do the midfield general shift. What we need is someone who can get on the ball in the final 3rd and can open up defences. I believe Walker can do that centrally but when he is out we have no one similar.

People keep saying a box to box midfielder but that's not what we need. We have Gomis, Pallardo and Buaben to do the midfield general shift. What we need is someone who can get on the ball in the final 3rd and can open up defences. I believe Walker can do that centrally but when he is out we have no one similar.

Ok so an attacking midfielder then!!!!!!

Dundee United have had a bid of around ?200,000 accepted by Wigan Athletic for striker Billy McKay

Dr Ian Malcolm

Not needed. Scored goals at Inverness, but seemed to do so in bursts before going quite a while without scoring. Given our options up front already, ?200k would be daft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived