60 grand a year to work for Jermain Defoe

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

If anybody is interested

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/24/jermain-defoe-personal-assistant-sunderland-stocking-fridge

The ad starts: ?We are looking for a highly experienced Executive Personal Assistant who will be working closely with senior manager of Defoe Enterprise Ltd. You will be working for a high profile individual within the sports industry so the candidate must therefore, by nature, be very flexible and hands-on and be capable [of] multitasking, most importantly you must maintain the highest level of confidentiality in order to assist the manager.?

The successful candidate will be involved in ?scheduling and organising the manager?s and families? private, social and business calenders, arranging all public appearances, arranging and securing travel arrangements, working on selected business projects and maintaining daily itineraries?.

They will ideally be able to ?create a global brand for the Jermain Defoe name, growing his online database on his website, Twitter, Facebook and other social networking platforms? as well as ?gaining further recognition within the media? and produce ?his own iPhone apps?.

The assistant will also plan early events including family birthdays, organise family holidays and individual holidays, create an inventory for holiday villas, and ?manage and organise individual family members (Sandra, Andre, Chonte and Chase, family pets)?. They must help to plan and organising special yearly calendar events such as mother?s day, black history month, and Christmas, and be on call ?24/7? the whole year round.

And here?s a taster from the ?errands? section:

? Organise all Jermain?s personal needs i.e. drycleaners, gardeners, house refurbishments, sourcing interior designers and everyday task etc.

? Regularly checking the home when Jermain is away, making sure all is in place for his return i.e. fridge is stocked and plants watered and house is clean.

? Select and organise wardrobe with specific designers for special events/appearances i.e. Oswald boateng, Harrods, ZAP etc

Remnants of Standards

Jermain is behind the curve with this one as Jonjo Shelvey was advertising for a chef at the same money last week.

Football at the top level really is screwed.

Oh dear.  Doesn't bathe him in glory does it.  In fairness it was probably written by one of his team.  Funnily enough my wife used to go to the same church as him when we lived in London and she said he always came across as very humble.  Never met him myself as I would instantaneously combust if I ever entered a church.

Maroon Sailor

Jermain is behind the curve with this one as Jonjo Shelvey was advertising for a chef at the same money last week.

Football at the top level really is screwed.

When Defoe says 24/7 - I think he means literally judging by that job description.

Surely this is a p*ss take? From creating Iphone apps to looking after the family dogs to making sure his fridge is stocked, this is probably the broadest job spec I have ever seen in my whole entire life.

32 he wont be on ?60,000 a week for that much longer. Water his own plants .

SwindonJambo

Basically a well paid skivvy, there to do everything for the whole family 365 24/7. Everything bar dressing them and wiping their backsides. Taking their tantrums whenever anything isn't quite to their satisfaction. What an unhealthy environment for his kids to grow up in. They'll be spoiled beyond belief.

Defoe has just gone down about 100 notches in my opinion. What an arse.

We_are_the_Hearts

This can't be real..............no one would do that for ?60,000 a year, the only thing not there is wiping the wee tits backside!

Maroon Sailor

This can't be real..............no one would do that for ?60,000 a year, the only thing not there is wiping the wee tits backside!

No mention of cutting up his meat and spoon feeding him

Surely this is a p*ss take? From creating Iphone apps to looking after the family dogs to making sure his fridge is stocked, this is probably the broadest job spec I have ever seen in my whole entire life.

They'll obviously just be 'oraganising' and I'd imagine having a budget to cover it. Arrange a gardener for plants, organise IT guys to sort apps, get a marketing team for the social media, employ a maid for the house etc

It's not like they'll personally be doing every one of these tasks.

Son Of Anarchy

Has to be a windup surely. Seen a documentary once where was talking about modern day slavery etc and he came across really well as apposed to bitter. That wage is a joke though.

They'll obviously just be 'oraganising' and I'd imagine having a budget to cover it. Arrange a gardener for plants, organise IT guys to sort apps, get a marketing team for the social media, employ a maid for the house etc

It's not like they'll personally be doing every one of these tasks.

It is a broad job spec, that's what I am getting at, you would still have to be pretty switched on about all the above to make sure you get the best people in that can do the job to a high enough standard.

'To create a global brand for the name Jermain Defoe' Are you serious, no one will know who the feck he is 2 weeks after he hangs his boots up

Maroon Sailor

Millionaire looks to appoint PA. What else is there to this story?

He needs someone to tie his shoe laces if you want to apply

Agree. 

There'll be people doing that job for less high profile people for a lot less money. 

Dalstonjambo

Agree.

There'll be people doing that job for less high profile people for a lot less money.

Exactly. But because it's a footballer there is hysteria.

So a very well paid au pair essentially?

He should be congratulated for creating such a well paid job surely?

So a very well paid au pair essentially?

He should be congratulated for creating such a well paid job surely?

Sure, lots of au pairs develop apps, global brands and fashion lines.

do-i-want-to-be-jermain-defoes-pa-609-bo

The People's Chimp

Indeed. With a part of the role being to look into other business ventures, as risibly open to lampooning as a fragrance or an app might be, there's not really a big deal in someone like that appointing a PA. The same for Shelvey, the guy has struggled with his diet, admits he's a poor cook and has thrown away opportunities in the past. Having realised this, and aware of how big a chance he has, he is investing in his future by appointing a chef. What's the big deal? Wealthy individual and athlete appoints chef in order to maximise playing and earning potential over his career. 

Sure, lots of au pairs develop apps, global brands and fashion lines.

I think the part you are missing is 'potential projects'

Barring the charity, they will become non-starters.

I think the part you are missing is 'potential projects'

Barring the charity, they will become non-starters.

All right then..

Of course these will turn out to be non-starters too, but this is what he wants one person to do. While cleaning his house, watering his kids and taking his plants to school.

Maroon Sailor

Millionaire footballer wants to employ someone to make him even more money.

Taking it to a nonsensical degree, but if he wants someone on call 24/7/365 then that's an hourly rate of ?6.85...before tax, NICs etc.

Not for me, ta.

The People's Chimp

Taking it to a nonsensical degree, but if he wants someone on call 24/7/365 then that's an hourly rate of ?6.85...before tax, NICs etc.

Not for me, ta.

So, you take it to a nonsensical degree, then on the basis of your nonsensical analysis, write it off.  

Maroon Sailor

Not for me, ta.

Exactly

Hi - personal PA ?

Yes Jermain

Totally forgot it's my son's budgies birthday today, can you run out and get a card and some top of the range seed for it

It's 3 o'clock in the morning Jermain

And ?

Bert Le Clos

When you bear in mind he earns that in a week, he's not really stretching his finances.

All right then..

Of course these will turn out to be non-starters too, but this is what he wants one person to do. While cleaning his house, watering his kids and taking his plants to school.

My wife is an executive PA (not for anyone famous) She read the job spec and said 'Sounds like he needs his mum back in his life. First thing you would have to do would be slap him hard in the face and tell him to get real'

On the face of it, ?60k a year is a hefty wage - my initial thought was, damn right i'd do that!

However, I think you'd end up spending most of that in trying to fit in with his lifestyle and whatnot. I get the feeling he's not expecting his PA to be dressed in a suit from George kinda thing.......

Then factor in the 24/7/365 part of thing and all of a sudden that dream salary perhaps isn't quite so appealing.

Must be really hard being a pro footballer mind you....... I can fully appreciate the struggle........

So, you take it to a nonsensical degree, then on the basis of your nonsensical analysis, write it off.  

Spot on. Well done, you.

On the face of it, ?60k a year is a hefty wage - my initial thought was, damn right i'd do that!

However, I think you'd end up spending most of that in trying to fit in with his lifestyle and whatnot. I get the feeling he's not expecting his PA to be dressed in a suit from George kinda thing.......

Then factor in the 24/7/365 part of thing and all of a sudden that dream salary perhaps isn't quite so appealing.

Must be really hard being a pro footballer mind you....... I can fully appreciate the struggle........

I'd actually assume the opposite in that if he wanted you to be wearing a ?5k suit then it would go on expenses, likewise any travelling etc

Bazzas right boot

If anybody is interested

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/24/jermain-defoe-personal-assistant-sunderland-stocking-fridge

The ad starts: ?We are looking for a highly experienced Executive Personal Assistant who will be working closely with senior manager of Defoe Enterprise Ltd. You will be working for a high profile individual within the sports industry so the candidate must therefore, by nature, be very flexible and hands-on and be capable [of] multitasking, most importantly you must maintain the highest level of confidentiality in order to assist the manager.?

The successful candidate will be involved in ?scheduling and organising the manager?s and families? private, social and business calenders, arranging all public appearances, arranging and securing travel arrangements, working on selected business projects and maintaining daily itineraries?.

They will ideally be able to ?create a global brand for the Jermain Defoe name, growing his online database on his website, Twitter, Facebook and other social networking platforms? as well as ?gaining further recognition within the media? and produce ?his own iPhone apps?.

The assistant will also plan early events including family birthdays, organise family holidays and individual holidays, create an inventory for holiday villas, and ?manage and organise individual family members (Sandra, Andre, Chonte and Chase, family pets)?. They must help to plan and organising special yearly calendar events such as mother?s day, black history month, and Christmas, and be on call ?24/7? the whole year round.

And here?s a taster from the ?errands? section:

? Organise all Jermain?s personal needs i.e. drycleaners, gardeners, house refurbishments, sourcing interior designers and everyday task etc.

? Regularly checking the home when Jermain is away, making sure all is in place for his return i.e. fridge is stocked and plants watered and house is clean.

? Select and organise wardrobe with specific designers for special events/appearances i.e. Oswald boateng, Harrods, ZAP etc

Save yourself ?60k son, get a wife, they even throw in extra's every month or so.

Canadianjambo

Actually, kind of sounds like he is looking for a wife, but without the hassles!!

I'd actually assume the opposite in that if he wanted you to be wearing a ?5k suit then it would go on expenses, likewise any travelling etc

I did actually wonder that myself after I typed it to be honest so yeah, probably fair point.

Archived