Matthew Lindsay; The Herald

upgotheheads

upgotheheads

"Hearts fans should enjoy their club's time on top of the Premieship while they can. It won't last long"

Celtic have  "vastly superior resources."

OK.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They have vastly superior cash resources, but there isn't too much between our first elevens. They have a much stronger squad though. Our first eleven should handle themselves just fine in a head to head.

William H. Bonney

He's right but what annoys me is how quickly pundits are to dismiss us. It's almost like they don't want us to succeed

i wish jj was my dad

He's right but what annoys me is how quickly pundits are to dismiss us. It's almost like they don't want us to succeed

No almost about it.

And not just us.  It's been ingrained in the weegia and the authorities for the past 30 years that the uglies are the only show in town.  In 98 we were clearly a nuisance because we were distracting from the story about whether Celtic could stop 10 in a row and in 2005-06 Andy Walker and Chic Young kept up the act that we could never split the OF right up until the end.

best in the land

There's no almost about it.

Brave Hearts

But but but a few weeks ago squarehead spongebob Collins indicated they need more of a challenge....and when we look like doing that the glesga meedja mafia then try to rubbish us.

As romanov would say "the monkeys are coming out of the jungle"

"Hearts fans should enjoy their club's time on top of the Premieship while they can. It won't last long"

OK.

It's chat like that which turns fans against Champions League qualification.

I hope Malmo turn them over tomorrow night & then they get drawn in Europa League with teams from far flung outbacks in Eastern Europe. 

Enjoy reporting on Thursday nights for the next few months Matthew!

PS. I am enjoying the time at the top & expect it to last longer than the "experts" desire.

He writes in The Herald and the Evening Times. It's not really for us is it? Plus, he's probably right.

alwaysthereinspirit

OK.

Dream over then I guess. It was a wild crazy ride while it lasted. :behead: f*****g morons all of them.

Dagger Is Back

You would think the media would be delighted at the prospect of ANY other team coming along and challenging the status quo wouldn't you? Funny that at the start and end of any season they bemoan the lack of a consistent challenger and then just when a wee few green shoots stat to appear, boom. They hammer those nasty wee roots back where they belong.

Have people on here lost the plot?? There's zero chance we will challenge for the title, Celtic will win again at a canter. Anyone who thinks this isn't the case is demented. A few getting carried away on here.

Unknown user

Celtic have "vastly superior resources."

OK.

Statistically speaking, he's likely to be proven correct of course, and celtic do have vastly superior resources

And too bloody right we're enjoying it!

Regular John

The weasle is still hurting badly from his own teams ineptitude last season..

Used to follow him but noticed his twitter match updates would cut out as soon as his beloved Rangers were getting banjoed.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Have people on here lost the plot?? There's zero chance we will challenge for the title, Celtic will win again at a canter. Anyone who thinks this isn't the case is demented. A few getting carried away on here.

Happy to get carried away thanks Neil. It's enjoyable, you should try it. :)

Tynecastle Valhalla

He is right to be fair

But the media are so small minded and old firm biased it's sickening

You'd almost think it a waste of the man's time to be expressing such points. Why bother? Talk about stating the obvious..

Bridge of Djoum

An utter disaster of a post.

Happy to enjoy the moment this season.

I just hope all these people realise one very important detail.

We're just getting started.

You'd almost think it a waste of the man's time to be expressing such points. Why bother? Talk about stating the obvious..

I agree but it's all over the press. He's probably reacting to it. Aberdeen have a perfect record too.

SwindonJambo

You would think the media would be delighted at the prospect of ANY other team coming along and challenging the status quo wouldn't you? Funny that at the start and end of any season they bemoan the lack of a consistent challenger and then just when a wee few green shoots stat to appear, boom. They hammer those nasty wee roots back where they belong.

And so contradicting themselves in the most breathtakingly hypocritical way. They think it's a law of nature that the league is property of one arse cheek or t'other. 30 years of only 2 winners and few decent challenges from elsewhere in that time has virtually killed interest in our game outside the country and made us a laughing stock. It also means poor TV and sponsorship deals. So in increasing their own stranglehold they have greatly weakened the game as a whole.

Happy to get carried away thanks Neil. It's enjoyable, you should try it. :)

That's fair enough but I won't be there to pick up the pieces when it doesn't happen.

I agree but it's all over the press. He's probably reacting to it. Aberdeen have a perfect record too.

What's all over the press? That Hearts are going to be top for long? Champions?

Wishful thinking can only get you so far.

Where are we all without a bit of hope though??

P.S I don't think we'll win the league.

I agree that we wont win it, not this season or the next. But as the plan starts to bear fruits in terms of finances and future youth development we should be able to put a much stronger challenge than now. Some people are setting themselves up for a great fall. We need to keep it real.

Whilst there is no harm in being optimistic, it is absolutely true to say that Celtic have far greater resources and both a far stronger team and squad. Nothing remotely controversial has been said.

What's all over the press? That Hearts are going to be top for long? Champions?

Discussion over whether Hearts can challenge Celtic for the title. Even Sportscene were at it. Pure nonsense.

No almost about it.

And not just us.  It's been ingrained in the weegia and the authorities for the past 30 years that the uglies are the only show in town.  In 98 we were clearly a nuisance because we were distracting from the story about whether Celtic could stop 10 in a row and in 2005-06 Andy Walker and Chic Young kept up the act that we could never split the OF right up until the end.

Exactly........Its another example of how this country has been distorted by the OF.

Even the Rangers community can`t come to terms with the possibility that another club might just challenge Celtic. 

Even in work places around the country just now, the minute Hearts are mentioned as possible winners or challengers it gets scoffed at.....which actually baffles me?

Hearts have proven they can put together a challenge, we`ve done it more than most other non-OF clubs in the last 25 years. The rest of Scottish football can like it or not,but its Hearts holy grail. We`ve got the attitude and in time we need to prove we have the quality and mentality when the chips are down....

Since 1986, and despite it being a major blow that year, i believe it was a turning point for the club rather than a negative. It made us believe we could get close to the title again and that has never left us. The good teams and challenges we produced thereafter were proof.

Whilst there is no harm in being optimistic, it is absolutely true to say that Celtic have far greater resources and both a far stronger team and squad. Nothing remotely controversial has been said.

Good post, Martin.

If we're still up at the sharp end in Jan, Celtic will throw several million quid at the problem and bring in some unstoppable foreign type or two in order to win the league.

So from that standpoint, he's right.

I agree that we wont win it, not this season or the next. But as the plan starts to bear fruits in terms of finances and future youth development we should be able to put a much stronger challenge than now. Some people are setting themselves up for a great fall. We need to keep it real.

We do indeed. I hope our long term plan works out but the disparity in finances is too big.

Discussion over whether Hearts can challenge Celtic for the title. Even Sportscene were at it. Pure nonsense.

As I said earlier, if the put down is we won't be top of the big league for long, it's a long way from Hearts are going bust...and it did sound a wee bit of a put down, to be fair. Shame.

Spot on.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's fair enough but I won't be there to pick up the pieces when it doesn't happen.

There won't be any pieces. I believed we could do it in 86, 98, 05, 11. I enjoyed those seasons greatly and and despite not getting over the line, there are so many fond memories of the winning runs. You have to live for the moment and enjoy the good times as they happen. Anyone who would fall to pieces over something like that needs to find a new interest or team. :lol:

There won't be any pieces. I believed we could do it in 86, 98, 05, 11. I enjoyed those seasons greatly and and despite not getting over the line, there are so many fond memories of the winning runs. You have to live for the moment and enjoy the good times as they happen. Anyone who would fall to pieces over something like that needs to find a new interest or team. :lol:

You just appeared quite excitable about our chances of challenging and I'd hate to see that seed of optimism crushed into tiny pieces.

Pick up what pieces?  You just can`t see it can you?

Another one of those humdrum supporters. A mental block when it comes to belief.

Hearts may fall well short this season but i`ll put money on there being a great effort to progress and have a strong year. All in all i don`t think there are many Hearts fans getting carried away at all.

They are enjoying their team winning, they are going along every week backing the team and quietly confident we can get another victory, but overall the feelgood factor is being kept alive by most and you carry hope.  Why sit in the dark and worry when its going to all come crashing down? 

Too many fear failure and thats when you never win

Bridge of Djoum

How so? You disagree?

Well, obviously yes.

Hopefully Celtic will get pumped out the CL and into the Europa League. Those long distances midweek are no fun, That will stretch their squad. And if they do miss out on the CL, they will sell Van Dijk to off-set the losses. With little time to find a replacement.

On top of that, they just aren't as good as they are made out to be. Although most would agree we may not win the league, I think most may agree a challenge is more than in our capabilities. 

But no, you are right. Let's just give up now, what's the point? What a pathetic way to support your team. 

Archived