Hamilton tickets?

Zippyisajambo

I understand this. 

Hamilton sometimes make half their main stand available alongside the temporary stand and the stand behind the goals. My question was, if (when) the extra 500 tickets sell out will half the main stand be allocated?

I think it is at least possible.

There are few real security issues, they won't get more than 3,000 home fans, and they badly need the dough

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SwindonJambo

I think it is at least possible.

There are few real security issues, they won't get more than 3,000 home fans, and they badly need the dough

They get about 2,000 home fans tops and their main stand holds about 3,300.  I'm not aware of any issues with their finances though.  They've done very well with player sales in recent years and are known to be 'count every penny' and be very canny.  If they do open up their main stand to away fans, it won't be all of it - it'll be a couple of sections towards the North Stand.  We're a big draw now so they'll likely be up to their 2,000 or so home fans.  I agree about no real security issues though.

The Treasurer

They get about 2,000 home fans tops and their main stand holds about 3,300.  I'm not aware of any issues with their finances though.  They've done very well with player sales in recent years and are known to be 'count every penny' and be very canny.  If they do open up their main stand to away fans, it won't be all of it - it'll be a couple of sections towards the North Stand.  We're a big draw now so they'll likely be up to their 2,000 or so home fans.  I agree about no real security issues though.

They'd need to move the half dozen wee neds that sit in the corner of the main stand and try to wind up away fans

I understand this. 

Hamilton sometimes make half their main stand available alongside the temporary stand and the stand behind the goals. My question was, if (when) the extra 500 tickets sell out will half the main stand be allocated?

I think its to late in the day for them to house Hearts fans in the main stand. They would have to move season ticket holders at short notice and set up segregation.

Anyway, we will be doing well to sell the extra 500 tickets by tomorrow night.

The Treasurer

I think its to late in the day for them to house Hearts fans in the main stand. They would have to move season ticket holders at short notice and set up segregation.

Anyway, we will be doing well to sell the extra 500 tickets by tomorrow night.

I'd imagine we'll shift those tickets quite easily.

The usual "excuses" of price and distance don't apply for Hamilton.

Oh, and Hearts just happen to be winning just now.

Rudi Hates Hibees

Anyone know how sales went today? Looking forward to this on Saturday. Hopefully an away sellout!

Anyone know how sales went today? Looking forward to this on Saturday. Hopefully an away sellout!

North stand completely sold out and out of the 500 tickets for temporary stand there is only 250 or so left. Good chance We will completely sell out all our tickets id imagine. Standard for our phenomenal support these days.

I'd imagine we'll shift those tickets quite easily.

The usual "excuses" of price and distance don't apply for Hamilton.

Oh, and Hearts just happen to be winning just now.

Have we sold out yet?

SwindonJambo

Any busses going through musselburgh have 3 spare seats?

If anyone can't get a place(s) on a bus from the Edinburgh Area, go on the train via Motherwell.  It's cheap and quick - ?10.60 return.  See earlier posts on this thread for details.

David McCaig

I'm assuming that paying at the gate and sitting on my hands in the Hamilton end is an option?

I'm assuming that paying at the gate and sitting on my hands in the Hamilton end is an option?

There are still tickets left for our end bud.

I'm in Glasgow, so getting through to Edinburgh and collecting one isn't an option.

I'm picking mine up first thing tomorrow morning.

If you order yours I can bring it through with me mate.

David McCaig

Many thanks for the offer. Fortunately, I've managed to get a spare from another source.

Many thanks for the offer. Fortunately, I've managed to get a spare from another source.

No worries mate.

Gorgie_Rules,

Yep - definately. If you go all the way to Central, you double back on yourself and come back the way you came so although the journey is 1 change instead of 2, there's no time saving. So spend the saving on beer :) ! If going on the Shotts line to Edinburgh, it's easier to head towards Glasgow from Hamilton West, get off at Cambuslang and get a train to Bellshill from there as the service is more frequent. All you're doing is going the opposite way round the circle to going via Motherwell.

But better still, there are direct and fast trains from Edinburgh to Motherwell via Carstairs and Hamilton West is only 1 change and 10 minutes from Motherwell. Unfortunately said fast trains only go every hour or 2. I use them all whenever going to Tynie when up. There are definitely a few Hamilton based Jambos around - I met a wee crowd of them on the train back from the derby win at ER in April 14 when Patterson got 2 goals in 2/3 minutes. Maybe some of them post on here ? The journey they'll make to Tynie every week is the exact reverse of what you'll be doing on Saturday.

cheers SwindonJambo

it was a little tight but the train connections via Motherwell worked fine today

it was a bit tight at Motherwell with a wee jog required and that 7 minutes added time presented a slight snag to getting the 17.02 at Hamilton West

overall enjoyed today despite the result / always good banter meeting new people on the trains etc

will spend a bit more time in Hamilton next trip

(hope the chap got back for the tattoo!)

(btw we think the Killie boy from the videos was 'waving' to us from the platform today before the game and the Celtic fans were maybe regretting not getting a different train 'Malmo, Malmo...')

SwindonJambo

Glad you enjoyed your day (well sort of... )

I suppose Motherwell Station does present a potential flashpoint when it comes to running into other fans, mostly whichever bum cheek is at home. I travel solo whenever up in Hamilton and heading through to Tynie so hide my colours until I get to Haymarket as it's just not worth the aggro.

Hamilton's not a bad town at all and certainly the best of what's on offer in urban Lanarkshire. Economically, The county took an absolute pasting in the early 80s recession with many leaving, my family included. But it's made s decent recovery since then and I like to visit regularly despite leaving as a teen.

We are at Motherwell in late November and you can obviously get there from Edinburgh without any changes for the same fate. Their away end is huge so no bother with tickets there!

Archived