**Official Serie a thread 2015/16**

Sexton Hardcastle

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

First half was worse!!

No it wasn't.

It was a high tempo, quality tussle between two sets of players whose skill and technical levels make our footballers look like monkeys playing football.

....in my opinion....!

The Real Maroonblood

No it wasn't.

It was a high tempo, quality tussle between two sets of players whose skill and technical levels make our footballers look like monkeys playing football.

....in my opinion....!

I like Serie A football but that was shite.

IMO.

Perth to Paisley

I would say it was one for the purist (which I would consider myself to be ) - edgy, marvellous occasion (pictures of the curva should be found if you didnt see it)

Lots of skill on show, marvellous first touches and quality defending. Only the second nil nil in Serie A this season I believe.

It's all about opinions I guess.

I would say it was one for the purist (which I would consider myself to be ) - edgy, marvellous occasion (pictures of the curva should be found if you didnt see it)

Lots of skill on show, marvellous first touches and quality defending. Only the second nil nil in Serie A this season I believe.

It's all about opinions I guess.

Kinda the way I look at things.

The passion is something the Italians still have for their game...and it shows.

...a bit disco

Inter back top tonight.

Still think Napoli can have the Scudetto if they really believe.

Some game.

7 yellows and a sending off for Inter nearly kyboshed my 9 team acca!

Nearly but not quite!

:D

Perth to Paisley

Think Napoli are short of goalscorers..too much on one set of shoulders methinks.

Come back to me in May if I am wrong.

Even with the existing gap I can't see past Juve. .would love it to be Roma though

heartgarfunkel

Hellas Verona man myself purely because the wee man fleeced me mega Euros for their rather natty gold and blue striped home top in the official shop this summer. It's got a cheeky wee Shakespeare quote on it and it's the same colours as Porty. Plus the bursds in the shop were astounding.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Perth to Paisley

Hellas Verona man myself purely because the wee man fleeced me mega Euros for their rather natty gold and blue striped home top in the official shop this summer. It's got a cheeky wee Shakespeare quote on it and it's the same colours as Porty. Plus the bursds in the shop were astounding.

I was at the 2-2 derby in May v Chievo.

Luca Toni was outstanding. Top scorer in Serie A at his age was amazing.

Verona is a lovely city.

Like the way Roma play the game but if forced to name one team it would be Fiorentina (Batigol etc)

Been to see them 4 times over the years...Once when Toni was there - he also scored that day v Livorno (another derby)

Proper football.

Proper ultras as well ??

Superb coverage as ever on BT Sport with every game on live. Only thing that would improve it would be a late Lazio winner.

...a bit disco

Juve 1 up at Torino.

Absolute belter from Pogba.

luckyBatistuta

Can't wait for the Derby della Capitale this afternoon. Lazio lambs to the slaughter once again.

3-1 to AS Roma

Forza Roma

Can't wait for the Derby della Capitale this afternoon. Lazio lambs to the slaughter once again.

3-1 to AS Roma

Forza Roma

2 wins in last 10 for Roma in the derby is it?

Was in a pub in London full of Roma fans last Saturday while the Roma/Inter game was on. They didn't take too kindly to my shout of Forza Lazio.

Genuinely thought I was going to get stabbed :lol:

Brave or Stupid

:kirk:

Drunk is the real answer :lol:

One guy did approach us but his mate was sound and chatted to us for a while, was intrigued as to how following Lazio come about given we're Scottish.

luckyBatistuta

:lol:

Intrigued also?

Ringtone on my phone is the Roma anthem live from the Olimpico. My phone rings all the time when I'm out working in the taxi, but one night I was driving a guy along the road (dark and silence) and it goes off. The guy went absolutely berserk, had to calm him down :lol:

Sexton Hardcastle

2 wins in last 10 for Roma in the derby is it?

Was in a pub in London full of Roma fans last Saturday while the Roma/Inter game was on. They didn't take too kindly to my shout of Forza Lazio.

Genuinely thought I was going to get stabbed :lol:

lupi de londra possibly? Good guys if so.

Atmosphere will be shit today with no ultras in the curva sud.

Also be a tough game with no Pjanic and a half fit DDR.

Of course Roma will win it. Salah double.

lupi de londra possibly? Good guys if so.

Atmosphere will be shit today with no ultras in the curva sud.

Also be a tough game with no Pjanic and a half fit DDR.

Of course Roma will win it. Salah double.

We were in 333 Mother Bar...I think :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Perth to Paisley

Di Natale still got it then ... 2 goals is 2 goals regardless of opposition or competition

Excellent professional.

• 2 weeks later...

La Viola are an impressive side this season. Hope they take the 3 points tonight. Another brilliant weekend of Serie A coverage on BT.

Off to Milan in April and taking in the Inter v Napoli game that weekend.

Hoping a title race is still alive and that should be a cracking match

Breathtaking first half....makes the EPL look like Junior football !

Had a mild interest in that game as I needed +2.5 goals but was there not only 3 shots on target in the first half Boab?

Had a mild interest in that game as I needed +2.5 goals but was there not only 3 shots on target in the first half Boab?

It's football for connoisseurs, mate.

As Derek Rae, the much respected commentator, put it..."Serie A...the true university of football"

It's measured in far greater things than "shots on target", which is why our football is tripe, possibly.

It's football for connoisseurs, mate.

As Derek Rae, the much respected commentator, put it..."Serie A...the true university of football"

It's measured in far greater things than "shots on target", which is why our football is tripe, possibly.

Wise words. Love Italian football.

Italian football is tremendous these days. I'm not sure if it's still for 'connoisseurs' like it used to be but its probably the most entertaining league just now, always great to watch on a Sunday.

Archived