Milen Gamakov - John Murray in Bulgaria now?

Kiwidoug

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing whooshed over my head.  You  asked   "Remember the last hottest prospect in Bulgarian football we signed ? how did that work out?"    I was merley pointing out that it's not relevant to us looking at another Bulgarian. 

Whether he is touted as being a wonderkid or not was being debated.  If we are genuinley looking at him then it's RN and CL who wil be making the decision on the quality of the player not sombody who was related to the the sining of Kostadinov 10 years ago.

Like I said if every player we'd signed lived up to their billing we would have won everything. Agents are there to get best deals for their players they are hardly going to say ah well he's no bad, are they. 

If he's so good we have no chance in signing him as he'll be away to a much bigger club with better money. The only time we'll pull off great signings for players that are genuinely that good is when no one knows about it, or the deal is basically done before it's leaked. 

I'd much rather wait and see how new signings play with us before whacking myself into a coma over some agent or media article stating how good a prospect someone is. 

Like I said if every player we'd signed lived up to their billing we would have won everything. Agents are there to get best deals for their players they are hardly going to say ah well he's no bad, are they.

If he's so good we have no chance in signing him as he'll be away to a much bigger club with better money. The only time we'll pull off great signings for players that are genuinely that good is when no one knows about it, or the deal is basically done before it's leaked.

I'd much rather wait and see how new signings play with us before whacking myself into a coma over some agent or media article stating how good a prospect someone is.

You are having a mare. Stop.

Mate, I really don't know where I've spossed to have stated this guy would be a world beater.  My point's on this thread have been, If CL and RN deem him good enough then I'm happy with that.  Also, It's agent talking a player up to tout his name.  Other than they two points...I'm no sure where I fell foul lol

Sepp's Bladder

Looks to go forward all the time instead of turning back or sideways.

True. Looks like he loves a volley too!

Sepp's Bladder

Id be surprised if he is here come the end of the month to be honest,weve no room for passangers in our squad.

I agree. However, if he wants to stay and try and continue developing, hearts can't really stop him...

Mate, I really don't know where I've spossed to have stated this guy would be a world beater.  My point's on this thread have been, If CL and RN deem him good enough then I'm happy with that.  Also, It's agent talking a player up to tout his name.  Other than they two points...I'm no sure where I fell foul lol

I agree if RN and CL are happy with a player then I trust their opinions. You jumped on the comment I made about the last hottest prospect  in Bulgarian football we signed and look how that turned out. I was making no comparisons directly about their ability but pointing out to those creaming themselves about this, that its, as you agree with, nothing but agent talk. 

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I agree if RN and CL are happy with a player then I trust their opinions. You jumped on the comment I made about the last hottest prospect  in Bulgarian football we signed and look how that turned out. I was making no comparisons directly about their ability but pointing out to those creaming themselves about this, that its, as you agree with, nothing but agent talk. 

wfo.gif

Sepp's Bladder

But, the point is Kostadinov was pure potential. This kid is 21, been in the national squad, narrowly missed out on player of the year last year and is physically developed. Prospect label and nationality aside, these two have absolutely zero in comparison. So to compare them, or to dismiss this potential signing on the grounds of kostadinov is completely void.   

Dr. Bapswent

El Hass and Anderson haven't exactly delivered as yet.

Walker is a prospect that could make us some cash.

Bauben and Gomis are decent, but aren't going to take us beyond what we have seen.

Id have this guy in if we were to sell Walker for good money and bin Anderson and El Hass.

But, the point is Kostadinov was pure potential. This kid is 21, been in the national squad, narrowly missed out on player of the year last year and is physically developed. Prospect label and nationality aside, these two have absolutely zero in comparison. So to compare them, or to dismiss this potential signing on the grounds of kostadinov is completely void.   

Didn't i just say that I was not making a direct comparison on ability in the very post you quoted. :facepalm:

Techincaly by highlighting a previous signing to one being currently touted is a comparrison though. 

Regardless, let's hope the lad signs, can play and helps us win the league ...:)

Didn't i just say that I was not making a direct comparison on ability in the very post you quoted. :facepalm:

If you weren't making a direct comparison, then why on earth would you mention it!?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

This thread was going well for a while, and then...

Sepp's Bladder

so, you're writing him off because he has the label of a good prospect and ten years ago we also had a Bulgarian who was a good prospect that didn't work out?!

Seem logical :2thumbsup:  

The reason people are 'creaming themselves' isn't to do with a label. Its to do with the fact he's at an age for the first team, almost won player of the year at 21, made the national squad and looks like he is what we need on video evidence. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

As if signing Kostadinov about ten years ago has any relevence to this possible signing.

:cornette:

They're all the same M8

so, you're writing him off because he has the label of a good prospect and ten years ago we also had a Bulgarian who was a good prospect that didn't work out?!

Seem logical :2thumbsup:  

Where did I write him off? I stated i'll wait and see how he performs for us if or when he signs before I get carried away on here thinking were signing the next Messi because some agent talks up his player. It really is not difficult to understand unless of course you want to be deliberately obtuse in order to turn this thread the same way as most threads seem to go these days on here. FFS is no one allowed an opinion on here now. 

Sepp's Bladder

Where did I write him off? I stated i'll wait and see how he performs for us if or when he signs before I get carried away on here thinking were signing the next Messi because some agent talks up his player. It really is not difficult to understand unless of course you want to be deliberately obtuse in order to turn this thread the same way as most threads seem to go these days on here. FFS is no one allowed an opinion on here now. 

The reason people are 'creaming themselves' isn't to do with a label. Its to do with the fact he's at an age for the first team, almost won player of the year at 21, made the national squad and looks like he is what we need on video evidence. 

We all have opinions, this forum is for discussing opinions. I'm not being obtuse, I'm merely trying to discuss opinions with you. I disagree with what you said and was giving my point of view. 

As for turning the thread? I only stated an opinion in the same manner you have. I don't think there is a need for you to take it so personally. It wasn't my intention anyway.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Whats Levein saying on Twit. Reckon that boy is ITK and a PHM to boot

FarmerTweedy

What does it matter how it worked out last time we signed a bulgarian? They are two completley different people and have no connection other than their nationality.  If you applied that logic everytime we scouted/approached a player we would never sign anyone or we'd have a team full of Czech 's

And Greeks!

We all have opinions, this forum is for discussing opinions. I'm not being obtuse, I'm merely trying to discuss opinions with you. I disagree with what you said and was giving my point of view. 

As for turning the thread? I only stated an opinion in the same manner you have. I don't think there is a need for you to take it so personally. It wasn't my intention anyway.

Sorry m8 people are creaming themselves because of the label, hence why its been quoted so many times. The last time I'll say it as i've repeated it a few times now, at no point have I ever made a direct comparison to the players ability with Kostadinov. only that both came with exact same label Kostadinov had also played at international level for juniors, had he lived up to expectations he'd have been a great player and we'd have got millions for him. Just because an agent or media says a player is a great prospect it doesn't mean they are. That's not to say this lad won't be. I fear though if he is genuinely as good as the agent has made out then there is no chance he'll be coming here now that it's been leaked Again agent tactics to alert other clubs and throw in a couple of names etc.

As for the bold bit I genuinely laughed out loud at that  "Almost" straight out of the Stubbs book of quotes. Fact is he didn't win player of the year. 

Sepp's Bladder

Sorry m8 people are creaming themselves because of the label, hence why its been quoted so many times. The last time I'll say it as i've repeated it a few times now, at no point have I ever made a direct comparison to the players ability with Kostadinov. only that both came with exact same label Kostadinov had also played at international level for juniors, had he lived up to expectations he'd have been a great player and we'd have got millions for him. Just because an agent or media says a player is a great prospect it doesn't mean they are. That's not to say this lad won't be. I fear though if he is genuinely as good as the agent has made out then there is no chance he'll be coming here now that it's been leaked Again agent tactics to alert other clubs and throw in a couple of names etc.

As for the bold bit I genuinely laughed out loud at that  "Almost" straight out of the Stubbs book of quotes. Fact is he didn't win player of the year. 

haha true! think I'll have to edit that!

Fair enough. The bit where I was talking about his ability wasn't about you, it was about why I found the rumour exciting and a reason why I think other do too. It could also be argued that do to his credentials that he's far more deserving of what ever label may be branded around.

anyway, we shall just wait and see I guess! It's in my nature to get excited... hell, I was even excited when we signed Wyness!!

haha true! think I'll have to edit that!

Fair enough. The bit where I was talking about his ability wasn't about you, it was about why I found the rumour exciting and a reason why I think other do too. It could also be argued that do to his credentials that he's far more deserving of what ever label may be branded around.

anyway, we shall just wait and see I guess! It's in my nature to get excited... hell, I was even excited when we signed Wyness!!

I think due to the amount of failures and let downs over the many years supporting Hearts that I've come to be a little more patient and not get excited about things until I see it with my own eyes. There have been many players over the years that have come with great reps and done SFA for us. There have been many journey men and wage thieves particularly under Vlad that came with big reps and did nothing. It's probably an age thing as well lol.

Lets face it though few hours ago no one had ever heard of this lad so none of us are hardly in a position to pass judgement, the same as I find it strange getting all excited over a player no ones heard of before.

All I will add is that Gamanov and Kostadinov played previously in the same Chernomorets 909 team and Kostadinov now plays for the other Plovdiv club (lokomotiv).  So if Gamanov needed any info on Hearts & Edinburgh there would be a go-to.   

Not sure why people are talking about this guy as a potential Walker replacement. Is he not a centre midfielder? Walker is one of only 3 natural wide players we have, don't get the correlation.

Sepp's Bladder

I think due to the amount of failures and let downs over the many years supporting Hearts that I've come to be a little more patient and not get excited about things until I see it with my own eyes. There have been many players over the years that have come with great reps and done SFA for us. There have been many journey men and wage thieves particularly under Vlad that came with big reps and did nothing. It's probably an age thing as well lol.

Lets face it though few hours ago no one had ever heard of this lad so none of us are hardly in a position to pass judgement, the same as I find it strange getting all excited over a player no ones heard of before.

True, there have been players thst i'd never heard of that turned out great though. I just like to hope for the best, if they turn out poor i'll just look forward to the next! The day i stop looking forward to seeing new players is the day I give up on football!

Not sure why people are talking about this guy as a potential Walker replacement. Is he not a centre midfielder? Walker is one of only 3 natural wide players we have, don't get the correlation.

Cant remember the last time I saw Walker playing in a wide role. He drifts outside sometimes but he's an 'inside forward' midfield player to quote an old term.

Why is it when we look at a decent midfield player, the first assumption is that Walker must be going. We have NEVER had a decent offer for Walker as far as I am aware and all the interest in him has been paper talk.

I have no knowledge of this guy and I never look at the YouTube videos of proposed signings, but I think we should sign him. My rationale is the dude has a good name and I'd like to have him in our team on that basis alone.

I have no knowledge of this guy and I never look at the YouTube videos of proposed signings, but I think we should sign him. My rationale is the dude has a good name and I'd like to have him in our team on that basis alone.

Great names FIT THE PROFYLE!

haha, nobody can argue with that.  Your reason is unquestionable lol  I just wish I had thought of that earlier now :)

jamboinglasgow

I am sure the young Bulgarian that was on trial with us last season is also coming this month when he turns 16.

Interesting, can you expand further on the player.

Always take these stories from agents with a pinch of salt. 

However, seeing he was 6ft 2 does make it more likely that he is a target

The club does have ?350K to spare or thereabouts , I'd go for the boy.

I feel we would be competing for Aberdeen for second, not  third fourth or fifth.. 

and, he would be an asset when we get  /......Europeaaaan... footbaaaal. 

john brownlee

According to (Bulgarian football site) Bulgarianfooty a press conference Hearts have to pay 500k euros . A very good fee for him, according to press reports here in Bulgaria...looks promising

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Son Of Anarchy

Also Lazio and Palermo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lazio Palermo and Hearts. Who'd have thought that not so long ago?

Lazio Palermo and Hearts. Who'd have thought that not so long ago?

The football world is changing,outwith England,Spain and a few superpower clubs the rest of us ,if we have a good set up can find these future star players.

Who would have thought 20 years ago that Parma or Rangers would end up confined to the history books,the structure we have in place at

the minute has got me more excited than at any point during the wreckless days of the Romanov Days,im just absoloutly loving

being a Jambo just now.

Son Of Anarchy

The football world is changing,outwith England,Spain and a few superpower clubs the rest of us ,if we have a good set up can find these future star players.

Who would have thought 20 years ago that Parma or Rangers would end up confined to the history books,the structure we have in place at

the minute has got me more excited than at any point during the wreckless days of the Romanov Days,im just absoloutly loving

being a Jambo just now.

In total agreement mate. There's always been huge highs n lows following the famous but after what nearly happened a year and a half ago the high just now is euphoric.

...it all went a bit mental? 

:illogical:

I think most of us prefer just hearing the klaxon go off, rather than reading this shit in the papers before anything is sorted.  I think that is the gist of what Rudi is saying.  This thread has been an entertaining read.

A quality attacking midfielder would finish our squad off nicely. 

Whether this lad signs or not I totally agree with this.

This is such a key position in the team I think we should consider paying if he is deemed to be of the required standard and we have the funds. I agree about this type of player completing the squad and that it probably signals the departure of Anderson.

Would love to have this guy at Tynecastle, hope we don't he deal.

Klaxon is a brand name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived