Milen Gamakov - John Murray in Bulgaria now?

Kiwidoug

According to the Hibsman, Hearts are lining up a 350k bid to bring this Bulgarian midfielder to Tynie.  His club, Plovdiv or something, are skint and need the money.

The article sounds really promising and it will be great if it happens.

This is what's possible when you have 8,000 monthly subcsribers and 16,000 plus home crowds.

Well done to every one of us.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Mr Levein did hint at bringing in a young midfielder on twitter. :wow:

His club also put out a certain Hibernians FC in the UEFA cup way back in 86. Beating them 10-0.

This lad is brought up to hate anything remotely Hibs.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hearts-linked-with-bulgarian-milen-gamakov-1-3858292

Hearts are weighing up a ?350,000 swoop for highly-rated Bulgarian midfielder Milen Gamakov, according to the player?s agent.

The Tynecastle club have already had one bid for the 21-year-old knocked back by his club, Botev Plovdiv, after offering ?100,000 plus a 20 per cent sell-on fee.

Gamakov, who was runner-up for the Young Player of the Year award in his homeland last season, is also thought to be attracting interest from Italian Serie A outfit Palermo. He has one year left to run on his contract and Plovdiv, who are in a precarious financial position, are keen to cash in on one of their prize assets during this transfer window.

Nevertheless, Hearts have been told that they will need to substantially up their offer, with a fee of ?500,000 (?350,000) quoted by sources in Bulgaria.

?The [first] offer has not been accepted, but Hearts have not given up,? confirmed Gamakov?s representative, Milen Georgiev. ?There is also interest from other teams.?

The playmaker, who cuts an imposing figure at 6ft 2in, is considered one of the most promising talents in Bulgarian football and has represented his country at every youth level up to under-21. He received his maiden call-up for the senior side last November for a Euro 2016 qualifier against Malta, but was an unused substitute.

I've been thinking for a while we could do with a big animal in the centre of the park who can create and chip in with goals, 6ft 2 playmaker sounds very promising indeed.

I've been thinking for a while we could do with a big animal in the centre of the park who can create and chip in with goals, 6ft 2 playmaker sounds very promising indeed.

I've been thinking the same. Hope he's a Juanma type player.

Very interesting.  I don't know anything about him but he obvioulsy must be a talent if we are considering paying that kind of money.

His club also put out a certain Hibernians FC in the UEFA cup way back in 86. Beating them 10-0.

10-0.  You Sir, have made ny day.

A word of caution though as the story has been leaked from his agent rather than from the club

The money side is again quotes/leaks from the agent who know doubt is looking to sell the player with the clubs permission.

He looks likes and seems to play like Vukic who Rangers had on loan last season..decent left foot from the video.

I wonder how our last young 'wonder player' from Bulgaria worked out ?

Obligatory youtube video

Cracking header for the first goal.And then the manager celebration for the 2nd haha.

FarmerTweedy

A word of caution though as the story has been leaked from his agent rather than from the club

The money side is again quotes/leaks from the agent who know doubt is looking to sell the player with the clubs permission.

He looks likes and seems to play like Vukic who Rangers had on loan last season..decent left foot from the video.

I wonder how our last young 'wonder player' from Bulgaria worked out ?

To be fair, there's a difference between signing a 14/15 year old and a 21 year old!

FarmerTweedy

Lazio linked with him last month....can't see us spending any cash on transfer fees TBH

Why not?  We already have more than once in the last few months.

What was the Croatian player we were linked with again for this figure? Can see it but **** it we need squad players

PresidentGrant

Lazio linked with him last month....can't see us spending any cash on transfer fees TBH

Don't get this line of thinking. We've paid fees for Anderson and Reilly already this year, as well as nominal fees for some youth players. It's pretty clear that the transfer approach is to spend what's necessary on a deal by deal basis.

Watt-Zeefuik

Just another one of Budge's faceless cast of Milens, IMO.

Apparently she's got a whole Botev them.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Trolling

Never Let Them Forget

What was the Croatian player we were linked with again for this figure? Can see it but **** it we need squad players

Niko Datkovic??

And Fiorentina in November 2014 and Parma !!  in January 2015....his agent has been busy I suspect planting all sort of stories  ...doing his job I suppose but all the more reason to treat the story with caution

Re Transfer fees..we have done so already this close season so for the right player the funds will be there.

The money we recieved from Holt and also the money left to us by the supporter who died would be around ?175,000 I believe? That's half the money right there.

10-0!  I can't believe that.  Here's me thinking that 9-0 was a record.

We simply must get this guy at any price just to help is current club in their time of need.

Sepp's Bladder

strong in the tackle but stays on his feet. calm with good ball control and a good pass. Looks promising! 350k sounds a lot though. 

Something about this rings a bell ?

The club itself does seem to have financial problems losing their manager last summer 2014 and players due to financial issues after being taken over a few years earlier by a banking owner who promised large investment and building projects for the club...... some were delivered but the downsizing began last summer 2014......

'Botev Plovdiv's manager Lyuboslav Penev leaves the team. He will no longer be coach of The Canaries due to the financial situation in the club and few of the most well-payed players leaving the team. It is not about his personal demands and financial requirements, but because the team can't reach the aims that we first wanted to follow, said Ivan Djidjev, director of Botev Plovdiv PFC. The team will be lead by the coaches that are currently in the club. Penev thanked all the staff and the fans of the team for the warm attitude towards him'

The story below also seems familiar to me for some reason..just can't quite remember why ?

Bulgarian side Botev Plovdiv Owner Tsvetan Vasilev has "withdrawn" from the club, according to Alexander Krassimirov of INSIDE WORLD FOOTBALL. The majority shareholder at the "troubled" Corp. Commercial Bank is "transferring his assets in Botev Plovdiv to fans group Association Botev." Vasilev is "wanted by the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office" and is currently in Serbia, where he was arrested. He has "donated 51% of his shareholding to the fans." Vasilev said that he "regretted that he was not able to complete his 'job at Botev.'" With his entry there were "ambitions for a major restructuring of the club," based around the core assets of its players and their value in the transfer markets. The club "had also negotiated the Hristo Botev stadium on concession for 35 years" and announced plans to further invest BGN 20M ($10.9M). The collapse of the Corp. Commercial Bank has "put an end to those plans with the removal of Vasilev's ability to finance the club and his plans." Association Botev President Apostol

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2015/03/25/Finance/Vasilev-On-The-Run.aspx

10-0.  You Sir, have made ny day.

Never mind, it's actually Hibernians FC, with an S at the end. They're Maltese. :lol:

It's almost Hibs though, and his current team are actually 1 place behind Hibs in the UEFA coefficeints.

Finlay James

He looks decent TBH and without knowing too much seems to suit our signing criteria.

Reminds me a little bit of Jack Rodwell

TyphoonJambo

Please make this happen. Boy looks class.

fabienleclerq

It should've been ten it should've been...oh!

Looks extremely interesting.

Could be the last piece in the jigsaw. One quality central midfielder who can hit the ground running and this could be another memorable season.

TyphoonJambo

If he dives into tackles like this Golum will have afield day. Or is it some kind of crazy levitation trick?

Georgi_Terziev.jpg

Don't think we'll see Anderson again if this one plays out. Shame, really wanted him to kick on.

I agree... Maybe best for everyone if Anderson was to move on during this transfer window.

Sounds promising.

I'm always wary about messing with the Gomis and Buaben partnership though. They are phenomenal together and as Buaben gets back to fitness they are only going to get better.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I agree... Maybe best for everyone if Anderson was to move on during this transfer window.

Pretty sure that will happen.

Finlay James

I wouldn't like us to write him off just yet and would prefer that we loan Anderson out to a championship team for some game time. If by January it becomes obvious that he is not for us then so be it.

This boy looks head and shoulders above Anderson and looks the type that would grab games by the scruff of the neck

I'll stick my neck out and say that although we'll pay a fee for the right player, we won't be paying as much as ?350,000 anytime soon.

If we've got a spare ?500,000 to spend on transfer fee plus wages, I'd rather it was sent the way of Walker and Patterson to extend their deals by a further year.

Jambo 4 Ever

If we've got a spare ?500,000 to spend on transfer fee plus wages, I'd rather it was sent the way of Walker and Patterson to extend their deals by a further year.

This.

Archived