Could hearts afford Scott Allan?

Skacel88

With rangers bidding peanuts for him, and he wants to leave could we put a cheeky offer in for him? If nothing else it would wind them up.

the hundred million in one go could be a tough one maybe in instalments like the ronaldo and bale deals

the stone rose

I ken your probably taking the piss, but Hearts should not be putting offers in just to wind up Hibs. Seems a bit childish and hibsy. As for signing him. Nah. Good player who stands out in a bad team. Better out there.

I don't think he is worth anywhere near what Hibs think he is.

Also putting bids in for a laugh is ridiculous and unprofessional.

I'd happily take him on a cheeky one season loan before he moved on to rangers for free, icing on the cake would be a cup tie against hibs if he was available to play ... Perfect hat trick for Allan lol the seethe would be spectacular

It's all about getting value for money.

If the vermin have turned down circa ?250K for him then that doesn't constitute good value.

Afford him or not, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. He does not fit the profile for the sort of player we want here, and given his toys out of the pram behaviour at Hibs I have no doubt we would be faced with the same sort of behaviour from him eventually as well.

Why would we even entertain such a thought? He clearly wants to be at the Huns and has a history of acting like a self-obsessed nob. Making a 'cheeky wee bid' would only serve to make us look childish and stupid. I'm guessing it's the very last thing on our management team's mind.

Afford him or not, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. He does not fit the profile for the sort of player we want here, and given his toys out of the pram behaviour at Hibs I have no doubt we would be faced with the same sort of behaviour from him eventually as well.

What sort of player do we want?  I thought the sort of player we wanted was someone who is young enough to have an impact for a couple of years who can then be sold on, this to me is exactly the type of player we would look at and exactly the type of player he is,  yes his attitude regarding his move to Rangers is out of order but he obviously realises that he is going nowhere with Hibs and wants a move to a bigger club, I bet that if Rangers came sniffing about some of our players their heads would be turned also.  At the end of the day he is a good player, and yes he needs to prove that at a higher level but if we could get him for a couple hundred grand and sell him on in 2 years time its good business at the end of the day.

kingantti1874

I don't think ann is in the business of winding people up... Of course I'd take the player but he seems set on moving west

It's all about getting value for money.

If the vermin have turned down circa ?250K for him then that doesn't constitute good value.

Plus the wages Rangers would be offering.

His heart is set on the mad house.

Bot convinced he is to be trusted.

That's United and Hibs he's tried to force his way out of.

Unknown user

What sort of player do we want? I thought the sort of player we wanted was someone who is young enough to have an impact for a couple of years who can then be sold on, this to me is exactly the type of player we would look at and exactly the type of player he is, yes his attitude regarding his move to Rangers is out of order but he obviously realises that he is going nowhere with Hibs and wants a move to a bigger club, I bet that if Rangers came sniffing about some of our players their heads would be turned also. At the end of the day he is a good player, and yes he needs to prove that at a higher level but if we could get him for a couple hundred grand and sell him on in 2 years time its good business at the end of the day.

I'd like to think we want the sort of player who hasn't infuriated the two scottish clubs he's played for by agitating for a move

What sort of player do we want?  I thought the sort of player we wanted was someone who is young enough to have an impact for a couple of years who can then be sold on, this to me is exactly the type of player we would look at and exactly the type of player he is,  yes his attitude regarding his move to Rangers is out of order but he obviously realises that he is going nowhere with Hibs and wants a move to a bigger club, I bet that if Rangers came sniffing about some of our players their heads would be turned also.  At the end of the day he is a good player, and yes he needs to prove that at a higher level but if we could get him for a couple hundred grand and sell him on in 2 years time its good business at the end of the day.

Same carry on at Dundee a United and big questions about his attitude while in England and now this nonsense with Hibs. He'd be a real pain in the butt the minute Sevco raised an eyebrow a out him. Good player or not he'd be a real disruptive influence in the dressing room. We've got to look for players who want to play for the club and want success here and want to use it as a springboard for better things down south. He does not tick any of these boxes.

Brisbane_Jambo

I don't buy that he isn't good enough for us. However, I would still say no thanks due to his attitude. Also, if we didn't shell out for Zeefuik, then why would we for Allan?

The guys attitude stinks.

Diabetics are known for huge mood swings as their sugar levels swing up and down, but it is more than that with him.

I would not like him or his attitude anywhere near Tynecastle.

Glad the wee team are getting it all.

Our management are too smart to even consider taking on a rat like Scott Alan,Hibs fans should not be

surprised by his actions as he done the same to Dundee United,Levein would have knew about his availability

last summer but there is a reason for not being interested.Jamie Walker is far better IMO.

The guys attitude stinks.

Diabetics are known for huge mood swings as their sugar levels swing up and down, but it is more than that with him.

I would not like him or his attitude anywhere near Tynecastle.

Glad the wee team are getting it all.

What a ridiculous statement that is about his Diabetes, someone who controls their Diabetes is no more prone to being a dick than anyone else.

Clearly as he is able to play professional football his control will be good.

Allan is just a *{*} all by himself

If we have money available and Mcgeouch is going for ?100,000 i'd rather we spent it there.

JamboJohn1874

Anyone who does not think Allan is a good footballer who would not get into our team has the maroon tinted glasses on.

I recon we could pick him up for ?200,000 up front, especially if we were to throw in Anderson to sweeten the deal. Hibs must be absolutely desperate to sell him to someone other than Rangers.

If we are serious about building a team to challenge, this is the type of player we should be after. Anderson or Allan, they both play the same role, which would you rather have?   

Sierra Delta

Scott Allan isn't worth to us what Hibs would be willing to accept.

The money they'd lose from supporters by selling their best player would make it pointless for them to sell him to us anyway.

fabienleclerq

See the complaints about his behaviour, at Utd he wanted paid better or a move down south and at Hibs he wants a move to his boyhood club that'll treble his wages and get promoted. I honestly don't see what's wrong with that, it'd be nice to have quality players who stick to hearts for their whole career but it doesn't happen anymore. Boys doing what's best for him.

Harry Potter

See the complaints about his behaviour, at Utd he wanted paid better or a move down south and at Hibs he wants a move to his boyhood club that'll treble his wages and get promoted. I honestly don't see what's wrong with that, it'd be nice to have quality players who stick to hearts for their whole career but it doesn't happen anymore. Boys doing what's best for him.

Wee team type player,no thanks.

I would say Allan only wants to leave Hibs to go to Rangers. So putting any sort of bid in would look daft. That's why we won't be doing it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

colinmaroon

Exactly! He has behaved badly at his 2 previous clubs as well.

Not with a bargepole!

I don't think we can afford him.  If we are to challenge for trophies this season we can't afford passengers.

Can we stop going on about this Hun trumpet please?

How feckin good is he? Its absolutely obsessive on here now.

We`re too busy getting ourselves organised and blending a good team spirit now to worry about a much hyped and overated player.  We have plenty quality.

I would say Allan only wants to leave Hibs to go to Rangers. So putting any sort of bid in would look daft. That's why we won't be doing it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

looks like it

Allan to knuckle down and leave next year to Rangers signing pre-contract whatever day is the first day he can do this in January

Unknown user

Can we stop going on about this Hun trumpet please?

How feckin good is he? Its absolutely obsessive on here now.

We`re too busy getting ourselves organised and blending a good team spirit now to worry about a much hyped and overated player. We have plenty quality.

Feel free not to join in dude.

It's a forum for Hearts and other football, and it's not like you or I reading or contributing to this thread will disrupt the team spirit or hard work at Riccarton in any way.

Silvery_Moon

What a ridiculous statement that is about his Diabetes, someone who controls their Diabetes is no more prone to being a dick than anyone else.

Clearly as he is able to play professional football his control will be good.

Allan is just a *{*} all by himself

:spoton:

Ridiculous to bring diabetes into it.

queensferryjambo

With rangers bidding peanuts for him, and he wants to leave could we put a cheeky offer in for him? If nothing else it would wind them up.

I would disagree Rangers are bidding peanuts for him he is a player who has reached the pinnacle of his career - playing for H1b5 in the Scottish Championship. 

The press have hyped him up beyond belief. I actually heard them discussing him on Radio Scotland and not sure which pundit it was but he was saying - 'Allan is the type of player who turns a loss into a draw and a draw into a win' if that was true then H1b5 would not have ended 20 points of the top of the table and dropped points left right and centre last season.

He is a good player but he isn't a player you would spend a lot of money on IMO. 

Gorgie_Rules

Would rather have kept Holt than the money we would have to splash out for him and the wage we would have to pay him to tempt him (possibly two or three times that of Holt)

Feel free not to join in dude.

It's a forum for Hearts and other football, and it's not like you or I reading or contributing to this thread will disrupt the team spirit or hard work at Riccarton in any way.

Just a whinge of mine mate, continue to chat about what you want. You  have my permission...... :tt2:  

But it is becoming obsessive. :thumbsup:

Honestly don't believe Allan is really as good as Hibs, Himself and the media would have us believe. 

Aye he's ok but hes 23 now not 18/19. 

Money + Attitude = NO for me (If he'll screw over Dundee Utd and Hibs he will eventually screw over rangers)

Unknown user

Just a whinge of mine mate, continue to chat about what you want. You have my permission...... :tt2:

But it is becoming obsessive. :thumbsup:

Fair do's, I just can't get my head round why people go out of their way to contribute to threads they don't like- why piss on my parade?

Edit - not intended as a dig, you seem like a decent enough **** to me (not that I really pay enough attention to be sure!)

Fair do's, I just can't get my head round why people go out of their way to contribute to threads they don't like- why piss on my parade?

Edit - not intended as a dig, you seem like a decent enough **** to me (not that I really pay enough attention to be sure!)

haha, no bother mate.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We have a clear view not to buy local I would say. I am also sure we will find room for improvement in the squad before the window closes

He's worth about 150k tops so we probably could afford him. But like other teams who may like to have him, why would you pay much for him when he's free come January.

For me Hibs have made a rod for there own back here. Stating he won't go to Rangers means other teams don't really have to bid for him right now especially with Celtic showing no interest.

If he is so intent on leaving hibs then come the end of the window a few teams may submit low bids and test hibs resolve, hibs may think it's better to accept a lower bid than run the risk of him signing a pre contract in January with rangers.

Hibs say no then everyone knows they can go back in January and offer him terms and hibs can do nada about it. And it would appear rangers would be favourites to get him so then end up with no money and a player on a pre contract with their rivals.

End of the day hibs are screwed whatever they do.

August Landmesser

Sign him, put him out on loan to Falkirk or QotS for the year.

For the LOLz.

He's a 'boyhood rangers fan!'

'The' rangers want him

He wants to go to 'The' Rangers

Hibs have no bottle

Petrie likes/needs money

He'll end up at 'The' Rangers

This scenario has been played out time and time before with both sides of the uglies.

I think hubs would seriously struggle to turn down 200k from us. Selling to the rangers would only show there lack of ambition. and equally important Allan transfer request puts hubs in a very difficult position. Unrest from fans and possibly players. Every performance will be under the microscope and add pressure to the player. So yes I do think hearts could afford him but no I don't think they would spend the money and as I don't think he would walk straight into the starting 11. I reckon hubs need to off load him to anyone other than the rangers.

Abstracting the situation - what is the value of the signal it would send Rangers that they can no longer bid away talent the way they have done in the past. 

Good player, not necessarily a good fit - but what is the damage of Rangers having a "I want, I get" perceived image over all other Scottish football clubs. 

I hate Rangers, they really piss me off. 

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Really can't understand the lack of more potential suiters queing round the block looking to purchase the greatest talent in Scotland.

He's got a shite attitude after what?  one "good" season in Scotland's second tier!! For the money Hibs want there is a vast amount of players available that are better  

I wish we were in a position to spunk cash on a player just to wind a rival up.

I know what you mean, but at the same time I'm delighted we don't try to spunk hideously inflated fees on our rivals' players when we could get better ones for nothing. Typically silly posturing from the Huns, except these days they can't back it up like they used to.

As others have suggested, he's had one decent season in his career, in the 2nd tier. Quite poor considering his age.

He's a decent player, but nowhere close to the midfield magician H1b5 fans think he is. Don't forget, this is a fanbase who hail Tortolano and Paul '3 derby wins' Kane as club legends.

They have form for ludicrous hyperbole.

Archived