NFL Gameday Pass

Deodato

JKB -

Any NFL fans on here? Keen to know about the pros and cons of Gameday Pass option for UK fans.

Deodato

Also interested. I am gonna get this. ?100 for all games...except the playoffs, as far as I can tell.

It's an excellent quality stream, access to all NFL games and Red zone. Well worth the money imo. Only downside is it's only delayed live coverage of the games on Sky Sports, as Sky have exclusive live coverage of them.

I was looking into this previously. IIRC, the Gameday Pass is subject to a blackout of the games that are on Sky. Don't think it will matter too much but just a heads up anyway.

I was looking into this previously. IIRC, the Gameday Pass is subject to a blackout of the games that are on Sky. Don't think it will matter too much but just a heads up anyway.

Is that right? Probably shouldn't affect me too much as I doubt many Texans games are picked by Sky.

Is that right? Probably shouldn't affect me too much as I doubt many Texans games are picked by Sky.

Just done a quick Google search. Seems the blackout is still in place. If you already have a proxy, for example, to get the US Netflix, then it'll get round it.

Just done a quick Google search. Seems the blackout is still in place. If you already have a proxy, for example, to get the US Netflix, then it'll get round it.

Excellent- I do.

I looked at it last year but decided against it as I tend to just watch redzone on Sunday nights on Sky rather than any one particular game.

Do they do Team Specific deals? Would quite like just getting one for the 49ers and watching other teams on Sky.

Very helpful comments, thanks. Two more questions:

1) This is only on your Mac/PC right? If you have a LG Smart TV, can you run GameDay on the big screen?

2) If your Virgin Media basic, is there a way of opting into Sky's NFL coverage but not the rest of the content? (Cherry picking NFL)

On a side note, despite being an NFL nut since the age of 10, I still struggle with the draft system. I found this Business Insider article about Chip Kelly very helpful (okay, I'm an Eagles fan) about the value of picking players who had a high rank, but suffered a bad injury. 

Also - got Kevin Costner's 'Draft Day' DVD for holiday viewing. Will report back but looks like Money Ball for oval balls. 

Deodato 

Very helpful comments, thanks. Two more questions:

1) This is only on your Mac/PC right? If you have a LG Smart TV, can you run GameDay on the big screen?

2) If your Virgin Media basic, is there a way of opting into Sky's NFL coverage but not the rest of the content? (Cherry picking NFL)

On a side note, despite being an NFL nut since the age of 10, I still struggle with the draft system. I found this Business Insider article about Chip Kelly very helpful (okay, I'm an Eagles fan) about the value of picking players who had a high rank, but suffered a bad injury.

Also - got Kevin Costner's 'Draft Day' DVD for holiday viewing. Will report back but looks like Money Ball for oval balls.

Deodato

Quite enjoyed Draft Day. Not Oscar worthy, but held my interest for most of it.

I can confirm this will get round the blackouts, it is only the two Sunday games live on Sky that are blacked out, all other games and redzone are available live. Then the playoffs are blacked out in January too.

The Texans might be on more than you think.

Perhaps. They weren't often on national TV in the U.S. in the last few seasons, so didn't think sky would go for them too often. Most games likely to be starting now at 6pm here, which is good.

Now season is almost upon us, feel quite gutted to be missing it...have had a season ticket at Reliant/NRG the last five years. :(

I looked at it last year but decided against it as I tend to just watch redzone on Sunday nights on Sky rather than any one particular game.

Do you get Redzone on game pass? Am pretty sure I saw you do, but just want to check...

Do they do Team Specific deals? Would quite like just getting one for the 49ers and watching other teams on Sky.

They do, think it's ?80

hmfc_liam06

I've always said they should have a dedicated channel, if they can do it for F1 surely it's more than feasible for NFL. The week long run up to the superbowl last year on Sky was brilliant.

Archived