Hearts TV

DesertDawg

Having tried everything from the old live typed game comments of nearly twenty years ago to the first attempts at live streaming broadcasts a ten years ago I signed up for the first month of the 2015-16 season Hearts TV on Sunday morning.

Using a DSL connection out here in rural central Arizona, I was pleasantly surprised at the picture and sound quality of the Everton game when sent via wi-fi to a Google Chromecast receiver connected directly to an HDMI port on my Samsung TV and sound bar.

Congratulations are definitely due to whoever performed the service upgrade.  It's still not quite as good as Raith Rovers TV but it's pretty close!  Looking forward now to tomorrow's game.

Oh, the commentary wasn't bad either!   

Considered subscribing to this.

Do they show many live games on it or more just live commentary and highlight videos?

TyphoonJambo

Do they show many live games on it or more just live commentary and highlight videos?[/quote

All home games are live for international subscribers along with anything covered by Sky and, BT. Fully recommend it.

dunciboyjambo

Not quite sure why they had the abbreviation of us as HFC and not HEA during the Everton game.... Very Hibs!

Not quite sure why they had the abbreviation of us as HFC and not HEA during the Everton game.... Very Hibs!

pictures where from everton tv i thought and we just put our own commentary over them 

Do they show many live games on it or more just live commentary and highlight videos?[/quote

All home games are live for international subscribers along with anything covered by Sky and, BT. Fully recommend it.

By international do you mean non-UK or would my Dad be able to subscribe to Hearts TV international and watch the games down in London?

pictures where from everton tv i thought and we just put our own commentary over them

Yeah I think that also.. The first 10 mins was HCF, then changed to HFC.

Amoruso_lets_it_run

By international do you mean non-UK or would my Dad be able to subscribe to Hearts TV international and watch the games down in London?

Pretty sure it's outside the UK. Would love to be wrong about that as it would be incredible to get all the hearts games live in Englandshire

Pretty sure it's outside the UK. Would love to be wrong about that as it would be incredible to get all the hearts games live in Englandshire

it is but there are ways around it, for instance you can download/install hola

Craig Gordons Gloves

It's a fantastic service - so much better in the past year or so.  Previously it was hit or miss - i can't remember which game it was when they cut the live stream at the end of 90 mins even though it was a cup game and had gone to extra time (i know that wasn't Hearts that did that but the supplier). The fact that in Minnesota i can watch a minimum of 19 games a season for less than a tenner a month is quite excellent. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's a fantastic service - so much better in the past year or so. Previously it was hit or miss - i can't remember which game it was when they cut the live stream at the end of 90 mins even though it was a cup game and had gone to extra time (i know that wasn't Hearts that did that but the supplier). The fact that in Minnesota i can watch a minimum of 19 games a season for less than a tenner a month is quite excellent.

Inverness semi

Straight from Hearts TV.

Hearts v Arbroath

Live video coverage of Hearts' League Cup match against Arbroath, available to international subscribers only. Live audio commentary available to HeartsTV subscribers.

Streaming starts at (Edinburgh Time): 19:30 Thu 30th July.

TyphoonJambo

I remember having an issue with my account, pay pals fault, and i was struggling to sort it. Laurie tried everything for me, even whilst travelling to the game. In the end they worked out a free week so I could watch that match then sort out the account later. Great service, all very personal and great value for us abroad. Otherwise I would have to watch Real or Atleti.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thanks Geoff! Do you use the service?

Yes (but not for the Everton game). I would highly recommend it.

Phil D. Corners

Service has improved greatly over the last year. The service includes on screen graphics and in game replays. All home games are now covered and any other TV games.

There is of course room for improvement, but the more people who sign up the better it will become.

If you are thinking about subscribing I would adivse you to make the plunge and sign up today.

Straight from Hearts TV.

Hearts v Arbroath

Live video coverage of Hearts' League Cup match against Arbroath, available to international subscribers only. Live audio commentary available to HeartsTV subscribers.

Streaming starts at (Edinburgh Time): 19:30 Thu 30th July.

Thanks. Hoping to see a few goals tomorrow!

Unfortunately I'll be at work.  Damn time difference.  Still, Geoff has to get up in the middle of the night for most games!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Unfortunately I'll be at work. Damn time difference. Still, Geoff has to get up in the middle of the night for most games!

Not this Sunday :pleasing:

Inverness semi

I'm still raging about that!

Came back on during the penalties, then disappeared again, if I remember correctly.

Right Geoff, it's me that has to be up at 4.00am on Sunday.  :(

PhoenixHearts

Here, DesertDawg, I've got a wee question. I split my time between Edinburgh and Paradise Valley, AZ, intermittently throughout the year, as my girlfriends family live there, although I've never actually considered Hearts TV ( too busy following Coyotes and Suns, sorry for not being a PHM, hockey & basketball being my priority sports)

My question is this: I'd like to get more Hearts games while I'm there rather than just the odd televised stream, as lately I feel I'm losing touch. Do you think If I were to subscribe using my own Edinburgh billing address, would I be able to view games when in Arizona, treated as an International viewer during my stay, or am I always treated as a domestic customer? I'd hope it works similarly to Netflix or other geographically locked on-demand services. I imagine Hearts TV can also outsmart the old DNS tricks, otherwise everybody would be at it.

I do realise you might no absolutely feck-all about my situation, as I imagine you're a permanent resident in AZ.  But nonetheless, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

PH, I guess it depends upon how often you'd want to use the service.  The current cost is about $15 a month so you could simply sign up for a month when you are in Phoenix.  That's what I did last Sunday and was really surprised by the quality of the signal and the commentary.  Yes, I'm a permanent resident but I still won't be around for every game.

Alternatively, if a monthly subscription doesn't appeal to you, you can contact the Hearts TV people here........  For all HeartsTV, heartsfc.co.uk, and Hearts Mobile technical or help enquiries contact Support via: [email protected].

Oh, I gave up on the Suns when Steve Nash went to L.A. and the Coyotes.........well.......:(

Right Geoff, it's me that has to be up at 4.00am on Sunday.  :(

Cheers to that, mate

Edit: By the way you two, I made a plea a little while back for any ideas how to get a work visa so I can move to Edinburgh--eventually permanently (I'm American so long story short, I fell in love with the city while visiting and want to go back).  Any tips, PM me if you'd be so kind?  And if you ever want to get together for a two- or three-person watch party, I'm all in for that.

The quickest way would be to get a company who wants to hire you so that you can get a business visa.  Beyond that, getting married to a EU citizen works too!

I'll go for the 3 person watch no problem.

PhoenixHearts,

I think that will not be a problem. I live in Holland and the card I have is not a debit or credit card. So I have always used my mum's card to pay for HeartsTV and the Edinburgh billing address that goes with it. Never had a problem with it, always worked.

And like others have said, HeartsTV has really improved over the last year. It's a must for overseas fans. You can watch every home game live and any away games that are broadcast live via bt sports, sky etc. Top service.

Here, DesertDawg, I've got a wee question. I split my time between Edinburgh and Paradise Valley, AZ, intermittently throughout the year, as my girlfriends family live there, although I've never actually considered Hearts TV ( too busy following Coyotes and Suns, sorry for not being a PHM, hockey & basketball being my priority sports)

My question is this: I'd like to get more Hearts games while I'm there rather than just the odd televised stream, as lately I feel I'm losing touch. Do you think If I were to subscribe using my own Edinburgh billing address, would I be able to view games when in Arizona, treated as an International viewer during my stay, or am I always treated as a domestic customer? I'd hope it works similarly to Netflix or other geographically locked on-demand services. I imagine Hearts TV can also outsmart the old DNS tricks, otherwise everybody would be at it.

I do realise you might no absolutely feck-all about my situation, as I imagine you're a permanent resident in AZ.  But nonetheless, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I just checked and I don't even have my address listed in my Hearts TV account details. However I'm 99% sure I used my UK bank account to pay for it which is registered to my address in Edinburgh. (I signed up for a year and too lazy to check my statements!) 

I think showing the games goes down to your IP address. I.e. is your computer in the Uk/Ireland. So it will block you from watching games when you are in the UK. However, there are ways around that with a VPN. This VPN spoofing will also allow you to use BBC iPlayer or SKY Go on the USA.

You could check by having somebody with a Hearts TV account with a U.K. address have a friend log on outside the U.K. with the same user name and password.

PhoenixHearts

Cheers for your help everyone. I'll probably just check it out next time i'm over there. It is probably based on location, so I doubt I'll run in to any problems. Anyway, before all that TV nonsense, I've still got a few home games to see in the flesh. Attending tonight's game, St Johnstone and Motherwell before I'm back in the Valley for a bit.

(And DD, I know things haven't being going good on the court or on the Ice, but believe me, right now is a good time to start checking in again. Both future's are looking very bright. I mean that!)

Good to know there's a wee handful of fans over there. I suppose there's going to be Jambos everywhere in the world though, famous and all that. 

Does it work onto an IPhone - or do you really need a laptop?

It works but you'd have to download an app like photon browser in order to support the stream through flash.

the stone rose

Yes it works on Iphone. i got the Hearts v Everton game on my Iphone last week when i couldn't get the stream on my laptap.

I didn't have to download anything in particular to play it. I think hearts TV have made some changes to the software for this season.

it is but there are ways around it, for instance you can download/install hola

Was thinking this, I use cyberghost as a proxy network for XBMC. Pretty sure that would work for my old man.

Phil D. Corners

Does it work onto an IPhone - or do you really need a laptop?

Not tried my phone, but works on the iPad.

Looking forward to watching tonight.

I use Hearts Tv as a domestic customer. Go to all the home and the odd away, but when I cant make a match I always listen to the commentary, its really come on and the subscription i can watch pre match presser post match interview etc and if want to watch the full match re run.

Not perfect but apart from our home top last season, what is?? Worth the cost imo

So could someone explain to an old git like myself, how I can get the pictures on my iPad. I live in England so can't get the overseas access but am sure there must be a way round it. I have an account already and really enjoy the commentary, the pictures would be a real bonus.

Phil D. Corners

So could someone explain to an old git like myself, how I can get the pictures on my iPad. I live in England so can't get the overseas access but am sure there must be a way round it. I have an account already and really enjoy the commentary, the pictures would be a real bonus.

You need to find a VPN to make it look like you are not in country.

the stone rose

My computer has decided to go on holiday abroad while I'm visiting family in England. Most handy.

VPN's are great!

Craig Gordons Gloves

CGG,

If you don't already have one, for the price of a couple of month's service, get a Chromecast.  https://www.google.com/chrome/devices/chromecast/lpdr.html?utm_source=en-ha-na-sem&utm_medium=text&utm_content=bkws&utm_campaign=chromecast

It's so much better on a TV display.

I have a chromecast but i don't need it now as i watch the games on smart TV so it's perfect. Thanks though. 

Ah, good move.

The only "smart" thing about my TV is the optional dynamic picture mode........it does make sports events much sharper.

CanadianJamTart

Just moved out to the sticks (Dunbar), from Edinburgh city centre where I could easily go to games. I will unfortunately have obligations many of the weekends due to a family member in poor health, so will be at home. Am I right in gathering that if I were to sign up for Hearts TV, that I won't be able to watch the games live, as I am in the UK? Would absolutely love to catch every match I can online.

So, there I was all ready with laptop in one hand, Chromecast in the other when I discover that the game's on Fox Sports HD Satellite channel.  Well worth getting up early for.

Archived