Arbroath tickets

mitch41

Does anyone know why there's no sign of tickets going on sale for the Arbroath game.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JamboHeriot

Might be monitoring sales on the Everton game to estimate what stands will need opened. Still a fortnight until the game - plenty of time.

mainstandjambo

Might be monitoring sales on the Everton game to estimate what stands will need opened. Still a fortnight until the game - plenty of time.

Think you might have a point. Can see them only opening Main and Wheatfield stands for this game.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Think you might have a point. Can see them only opening Main and Wheatfield stands for this game.

Same as the Annan game last season.

portobellojambo1

I was in the ticket office yesterday and asked the same question. They are still waiting on the tickets being produced. As mentioned it could be to do with which stands are made available, or possibly they haven't agreed on the price per ticket yet, as I believe both clubs decide the price of the tickets.

Rudi Hates Hibees

Was in today picking up Everton tickets and asked about Arbroath. I was told the club hoped to make an announcement in the next day or two, they were just finalising details. I assumed this was agreeing a price with Arbroath.

I was in the ticket office yesterday and asked the same question. They are still waiting on the tickets being produced. As mentioned it could be to do with which stands are made available, or possibly they haven't agreed on the price per ticket yet, as I believe both clubs decide the price of the tickets.

The prices are already confirmed mate.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4432

The Treasurer

Quite looking forward to this game, much better to watch a real competitive game than a training session against a mid table EPL side.

Should see close to our starting line-up for the first league game.

Definitely was

Correct.  A fine performance from Neilson's new Hearts before selling the fans down the river in the next round at Livingston.

Cast No Shadow

Correct. A fine performance from Neilson's new Hearts before selling the fans down the river in the next round at Livingston.

:jjyay:

Riddley Walker

Correct. A fine performance from Neilson's new Hearts before selling the fans down the river in the next round at Livingston.

Still haven't forgiven that SCUMBAG Neilson for that night.

Hi just phoned to get our tickets in our seats in the wheatfield.told we can't have them cos section B is being used for hospitality.bummer

Jambof3tornado

Not much pomp and ceremony. Didnt even realise they were going on sale today.

Be annoyed if I dont get my own seat!

Jambof3tornado

As per usual Babertonjambo has his finger on the pulse and has done the business ans sorted our seats.

Perfick.

Assuming this can be added to season ticket smart card?

There was no option for that.

Posted out or print it yourself or collect from TO.

Got 3 tickets for this today.  Looking like this will be our lowest attendance in years though.   I can't believe we've sold more tickets for a meaningless friendly a few days before this game. 

I know it's not the most amazing team we have been drawn against, but give me a game that has a purpose over a friendly any day.  I bet the Everton game will be full of the half and half scarf brigade as well.

Got four tickets today, said I wanted them all together, no problem you can have them pretty much anywhere. I chose section E as that is where my season ticket is for.

Phil Dunphy

I imagine some people will be waiting until pay day before picking up their tickets for this one.

Not got mine yet, but definitely going. Bit crap if we can't fill the wheatfield and open at least one Gorgie or Roseburn.

Does make sense to only sell Wheatfield first though.

The Treasurer

Assuming this can be added to season ticket smart card?

I don't think they are planning on opening all the stands so not all ST's would be able to get their own seat.

Therefore you can't just add it to your ST smart card.

Ordering on-line there is the usual admin fee and postage so a ?12 ticket actually costs ?14.10

Get paid on the 31st. :seething:

That said, I'll still be going but I'll be buying tickets as late as possible.

Got 3 tickets for this today.  Looking like this will be our lowest attendance in years though.   I can't believe we've sold more tickets for a meaningless friendly a few days before this game. 

I know it's not the most amazing team we have been drawn against, but give me a game that has a purpose over a friendly any day.  I bet the Everton game will be full of the half and half scarf brigade as well.

Agreed.  I'm going to Everton and Arbroath, but if I'd had to choose I'd have gone for the cup game.

EDIT: Meant to add, maybe the club should up the number of loyalty points for 'less attractive' ties like this?

We_are_the_Hearts

Agreed.  I'm going to Everton and Arbroath, but if I'd had to choose I'd have gone for the cup game.

EDIT: Meant to add, maybe the club should up the number of loyalty points for 'less attractive' ties like this?

More Loyalty points and more advertising................in fact the advertising for this and Everton has been pretty minimal, maybe oor Ann should get back to rebuilding the club and forget about the GFa for now  :2thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

We won't even be close to selling out the Wheatfield.  The way things are going, it's going to be 2000 at the very most.

We_are_the_Hearts

We won't even be close to selling out the Wheatfield.  The way things are going, it's going to be 2000 at the very most.

If you weren't on Kickback you would hardly know this game was on! Few adverts wouldn't go amiss, chance to see the new signings before the season kicks off etc..............what happened to the Stepping Up campaign, all very quiet..............

We won't even be close to selling out the Wheatfield. The way things are going, it's going to be 2000 at the very most.

No chance. 5000 minimum for this.

This constant focus on attendances and seats available does at times go overboard.

It can leave a downbeat feeling even if the attendance has been okay for a run of the mill fixture where the season ticket cannot be used.

Of course it's nice to boost the attendance but the constant talk of low attendance simply lessens the good feeling surrounding the club with no real need to do so.

Some seem to set unrealistic targets and when they are not acheived it is perceived as failure.

This constant focus on attendances and seats available does at times go overboard.

It can leave a downbeat feeling even if the attendance has been okay for a run of the mill fixture where the season ticket cannot be used.

Of course it's nice to boost the attendance but the constant talk of low attendance simply lessens the good feeling surrounding the club with no real need to do so.

Some seem to set unrealistic targets and when they are not acheived it is perceived as failure.

It's just the comparison between a meaningless friendly and a meaningful game within days of each other.  I get what you are saying, and I'm not asking why we are not selling out the ground for Arbroath, but you would hope that more folk would be up for this game than an overpriced friendly against a mid table EPL side. 

People have raised good points about payday, game being midweek, and advertising though.  Hopefully it is mentioned a few times at the game on Sunday and the TO is open for purchases.  Maybe too many people got burned by result in the Livi Petrofac cup game last year, who knows.

The Treasurer

I actually think we could get a (relatively) good turn out for this one.

After all it's our first competitive game back as a Premiership club and decent prices.

scottish_chicP

I bought my ticket for Arbroath the other day but now my mates are doing the Gorgie Live so need to find out if I can buy that separate or transfer my ticket across.

In the current climate clubs need all the money they can get and home cup ties are a chance for some extra income.  If Hearts were to get to the League or Scottish Cup Final we'd all be after tickets so why not get on at the start of the journey.....

If you are able to attend and are not I find that a very strange decision.

Agreed on the advertising. I didn't receive any email about the Arbroath game, yet Hearts (and FoH for that) have my details. They could do more without spending money to promote these games.

The Treasurer

Why are people moaning about the lack of advertising ?

Most Scottish football fans should know that the first round of the LC is next week, a quick look on any number of websites (club, SPFL, TV etc) would tell you exactly when your own team's match is taking place.

Or do people think Robbie or Craig should come to your door personally to give you the details

We_are_the_Hearts

Why are people moaning about the lack of advertising ?

Most Scottish football fans should know that the first round of the LC is next week, a quick look on any number of websites (club, SPFL, TV etc) would tell you exactly when your own team's match is taking place.

Or do people think Robbie or Craig should come to your door personally to give you the details

Nowt like taking it to extremes eh! people are talking about things like email, twitter, Facebook................not just websites. Powerful tools that can make a difference, not with fans like me or you that will be there anyway but other fans who might just fancy it. Or do you siuggest we stop advertising and trying to build the club and just let everyone come and find us?

The Treasurer

Nowt like taking it to extremes eh! people are talking about things like email, twitter, Facebook................not just websites. Powerful tools that can make a difference, not with fans like me or you that will be there anyway but other fans who might just fancy it. Or do you siuggest we stop advertising and trying to build the club and just let everyone come and find us?

It's not a case of just letting people "come and find us" 

Anyone who isn't aware of this (or any other) Hearts match is unlikely to be swayed by getting an e-mail from the club.

Any other form of advertising (radio, newspapers etc) cost money and I would suspect would not give value for money in terms of extra bums on seats

Archived