monday night fitba shows 15/16

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle

Not nearly as informative, but we do try. Promise :lol:

Just as well MNF is as well researched as it is because if people just listened to WHNC then folk would be showing up at the wrong stadiums and getting their goalscorer stats wrong...

But my god you would have some belting tunes for those long trips!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But my god you would have some belting tunes for those long trips!

Not if his latest effort is anything to go by :)

Just a thought guys, and maybe this has been suggested before, but after seeing Super Wayne make his half time appearance on Saturday, is there any chance of getting an interview with him?

I think it would be really interesting hearing him talk about his time at Hearts, and the fact that, while he may not be regarded as a legend, he falls into the category of 'cult hero'.  In particular, his winning goal in that cup tie at Easter Road, and what has now become an iconic image of him standing on the fence, arms aloft, taking the acclaim of our fans.

Skippy Doodle

Just a thought guys, and maybe this has been suggested before, but after seeing Super Wayne make his half time appearance on Saturday, is there any chance of getting an interview with him?

I think it would be really interesting hearing him talk about his time at Hearts, and the fact that, while he may not be regarded as a legend, he falls into the category of 'cult hero'. In particular, his winning goal in that cup tie at Easter Road, and what has now become an iconic image of him standing on the fence, arms aloft, taking the acclaim of our fans.

That is one I would like to see happen also mate

Skippy Doodle

Our latest show reviewing weekend action is available on our iTunes page and at mondaynightfitba.com

I will hopefully have a review of forfar game on blog page later this evening

Skippy Doodle

Our Friday night preview show is now available on our iTunes page and at mondaynightfitba.com

Private Womble

I think you should do a mnf/whnc crossover. A bit like 8 out of 10 cats does countdown :lol:

Skippy Doodle

I think you should do a mnf/whnc crossover. A bit like 8 out of 10 cats does countdown :lol:

Haha love that idea

Skippy Doodle

Little bump for my midnight blog mondaynightfitba.wordpress.com

Apologies for quality I was pretty tired after venting all the way back home from Hamilton haha

Skippy Doodle

Our review show of Hamilton game is now available on our iTunes page and mondaynightfitba.com

A little reminder of our latest podcast now available in case you missed it due to all the transfer talk

Malcolm Tucker

That would be the idea but it would more than likely end up like QI meets Shooting Stars :lol:

Some great knowledge, discussion and facts met with stupid songs and nonsensical analogies...

Skippy Doodle

That would be the idea but it would more than likely end up like QI meets Shooting Stars :lol:

Some great knowledge, discussion and facts met with stupid songs and nonsensical analogies...

Being a shooting stars fan I prefer that description to 8 out of 10 cats

I would love the chance to do a nightclub version of a hearts song or two haha

Skippy Doodle

We will be celebrating our first year as a show next week. Big thank you to everyone who has listened and subscribed to the show and for all the feedback provided

Skippy Doodle

Keep up the good work. It's a great show and there has been some cracking interviews.

Cheers mate. It's been a little slower on the interview front recently due to leaving radio saltire but we will hopefully get a couple wrapped up by end of the year

Skippy Doodle

@MNFitba covering season 98-99 as a special podcast. Anyone with @JamTarts or @HibsOfficial memories they would like us to mention post here

@MNFitba covering season 98-99 as a special podcast. Anyone with @JamTarts or @HibsOfficial memories they would like us to mention post here

Hearts getting off to a flyer beating Rangers 2-1 (Adam & Hamilton ) then Aberdeen 2-0 in the following home game, a wonder goal from Stevie Fulton, to go top of the league.

At the same time Hibs were losing at home to Stranraer.

After a 3-0 defeat at Kilmarnock (McCoist x 3) we went into free fall and by March 99 we were bottom of the league and staring relegation in the face, but the signing of Darren Jackson and the return of Colin Cameron saved our season and we finished 6th, mention of a terrible cup tie at Motherwell when we surrendered our hold on the Scottish Cup with a whimper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skippy Doodle

Hearts getting off to a flyer beating Rangers 2-1 (Adam & Hamilton ) then Aberdeen 2-0 in the following home game, a wonder goal from Stevie Fulton, to go top of the league.

At the same time Hibs were losing at home to Stranraer.

After a 3-0 defeat at Kilmarnock (McCoist x 3) we went into free fall and by March 99 we were bottom of the league and staring relegation in the face, but the signing of Darren Jackson and the return of Colin Cameron saved our season and we finished 6th, mention of a terrible cup tie at Motherwell when we surrendered our hold on the Scottish Cup with a whimper

Cheers for all that mate. Remember killie game being a Sunday match we never recovered from that

Skippy Doodle

The match v Real Mallorca away leg where there was the pre match protest about the goalposts! We were at the game and had not a clue about what the issue was, just seeing a wee tractor buzzing about the goalmouth before kick off. What was the story with the protest? Didn't it fail on some technicality about us actually going ahead with the fixture? I remember the referee's name was Guillermo Collum ... didn't seem suspicious at the time :wink:

Skippy Doodle

Cheers for the feedback guys. That's the show recorded. Will post an update when it's available to listen @mnfitba

Last nights show now available on our itunes page - we discuss both games from weekend, discuss griffiths and look forward to show turning a year old

@mnfitba is a year old this week. Any shows interviews or dodgy comments/predictions you would like us to discuss on next podcast?

@mnfitba we are recording our Friday show tonight. Any @JamTarts or @HibsOfficial chat you would like us to discuss post below

@mnfitba our latest friday show is now available on our iTunes and Podbean pages. Feel free to comment on our reviews and previews

@mnfitba recording tonight. Any views you want discussed regarding @JamTarts and @HibsOfficial games yesterday then post below

Skippy Doodle

What topics from yesterday's games do you want covered on tomorrow's @MNFitba show? #hearts #hibs

Skippy Doodle

@mnfitba our latest show now available on iTunes. We discuss fan behaviour at parkhead and weekend action for @HibsOfficial & @JamTarts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Skippy Doodle

Our latest show is now available on our itunes and podbean pages

Remember and catch up on our archived shows and interviews on mondaynightfitba.com

Last night we discussed

: are hibs hibsing it?

The losses to morton and dumbarton

Hearts 1-0 win over kilmarnock

Fan behaviour at both clubs

Hearts penalty taker issues

Skippy Doodle

@mnfitba discuss THAT banner, Perry kitchen and 3 home wins in a row. Find us on our iTunes and Podbean pages

#hearts

Hearts only show from last night

Just listened to the league cup final preview and thought this was the stand out line by Craig...

"My mum used to be a goer until I was born!" Classic [emoji38]

Skippy Doodle

Just listened to the league cup final preview and thought this was the stand out line by Craig...

"My mum used to be a goer until I was born!" Classic [emoji38]

Yes this was a high point in Craig's time as an amateur pundit haha

Skippy Doodle

The @mnfitba team will be back to record a new show tomorrow. Any @JamTarts or @HibsOfficial issues you want covered let us know

With the Wheatfield developments, any insider info on the new stand and when an announcement will be made.

Skippy Doodle

Better put the expletive warning up Skippy.

Your Hibs mate had me in hysterics on one of the recent shows after his team got Hibsed by Dumbarton.

He will be worse tomorrow.

Yeah with the plane banner episode and hibs recent form there has been a bit of colourful language used over the past few shows haha

Skippy Doodle

Colourful language has its place in fitba.

He wasn't as bad as Michael Stewart......

That needs a follow up podcast.

Due to us getting facilities to use at easter road and starting next week tynecastle we will hopefully start to get some guests old and new to provide further content and interviews

JamboHeriot

I liked the swearing personally - we all feel emotion while watching football and there has been some frustration recently for both sets of fans.

I think a discussion of the January signings' recent contributions to the Hearts team would be interesting - Cowie and Souttar have been key players for us.

The content of the Hibs discussion is fairly obvious I think!

Skippy Doodle

I liked the swearing personally - we all feel emotion while watching football and there has been some frustration recently for both sets of fans.

I think a discussion of the January signings' recent contributions to the Hearts team would be interesting - Cowie and Souttar have been key players for us.

The content of the Hibs discussion is fairly obvious I think!

Im glad most listeners seem to be in favour of this. I must admit to looking forward to dissecting the cup final tomorrow. In my opinion then hibs bottling it narrative is unjust and their issues are more down to team selection and stubbs inability to react to trends during a match

Archived