monday night fitba shows 15/16

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle

Morning everyone

Our latest shows covering all the pre season chat are now available at our official website mondaynightfitba.com

You can also find our content on our iTunes YouTube or mixcloud pages

All archive shows and interviews are also there including recent interview with calum Elliot

If you have any requests for show topics or interviews or would like to join the panel then leave your comments here or @mnfitba or our Facebook page

We will continue to post new links to show on this thread

Any feedback or suggestions you would like to offer us good or bad would be appreciated

Thanks again for listening and enjoy the new season

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JamboHeriot

Morning everyone

Our latest shows covering all the pre season chat are now available at our official website mondaynightfitba.com

You can also find our content on our iTunes YouTube or mixcloud pages

All archive shows and interviews are also there including recent interview with calum Elliot

If you have any requests for show topics or interviews or would like to join the panel then leave your comments here or @mnfitba or our Facebook page

We will continue to post new links to show on this thread

Any feedback or suggestions you would like to offer us good or bad would be appreciated

Thanks again for listening and enjoy the new season

I'd like to hear a sequel to the Mikey Stewart interview - is this something in the pipeline? I also think an interview with Craig Levein would be fantastic, if possible.

Gorgie_Rules

Be good if you could get one of the new foreign lads on to see what they make of Hearts and Edinburgh

Really enjoyed listening last season particularlywhen was abroad :thumbsup:

Skippy Doodle

I'd like to hear a sequel to the Mikey Stewart interview - is this something in the pipeline? I also think an interview with Craig Levein would be fantastic, if possible.

We would like that also. Will see what we can do

Skippy Doodle

Be good if you could get one of the new foreign lads on to see what they make of Hearts and Edinburgh

Really enjoyed listening last season particularlywhen was abroad :thumbsup:

Due to most pro clubs having strict media guidelines it is very difficult to arrange anything with current players

We will continue to try and build a link with the club tho

Allowayjambo1874

The calum elliot interview really surprised me, he was way more articulate than I thought he would be and I genuinely felt sad for the guy at the end when he talks about how he regards football and also how he sees his future in the game.

Been great listening guys especially the ex players interviews, highly recommend them.

JamboHeriot

The calum elliot interview really surprised me, he was way more articulate than I thought he would be and I genuinely felt sad for the guy at the end when he talks about how he regards football and also how he sees his future in the game.

Been great listening guys especially the ex players interviews, highly recommend them.

Aye the Calum Elliot interview gave a real insight into his thoughts on the game. Really sad that he totally fell out of love with the game early on. It has changed my opinion on him a lot.

Skippy Doodle

Cheers for the feedback guys. The main reason behind the interviews is to give a platform for these players to get their personality across to the fans

George foulkes and Jose quitongo should be next interviews

augusthearts

Agreed - have listened to a lot of the interviews you've carried and this for me is up there as one of the ones I found most interesting. Very honest interview and I too felt very sad at how he had evidently fallen out of love with playing football. Good on him, however, for being so honest and up front about this. Came across as an articulate and decent guy. Looking forward to the Jose Quitongo interview in particular.

Skippy Doodle

Agreed - have listened to a lot of the interviews you've carried and this for me is up there as one of the ones I found most interesting. Very honest interview and I too felt very sad at how he had evidently fallen out of love with playing football. Good on him, however, for being so honest and up front about this. Came across as an articulate and decent guy. Looking forward to the Jose Quitongo interview in particular.

So are we should be a few good locker room tales I'd imagine

Interviews I would like to hear but no idea.of the feaseability..

Ian Black

Andy Webster

Gary Locke

Gary Glen (due to the similar circumstances to Elliot)

Stephen Elliott.

Note purely because these guys are or may be based in and around edinburgh and potentially available for some sort of interview, exception being Elliott but possibly a link through Danny Grainger

Skippy Doodle

Interviews I would like to hear but no idea.of the feaseability..

Ian Black

Andy Webster

Gary Locke

Gary Glen (due to the similar circumstances to Elliot)

Stephen Elliott.

Note purely because these guys are or may be based in and around edinburgh and potentially available for some sort of interview, exception being Elliott but possibly a link through Danny Grainger

Some interesting names in there. I think Gary and Blackie would be entertaining listens

Skippy Doodle

This weeks show is now available

At mondaynightfitba.com and on our iTunes page

We discuss Ann budge,zefuik,injury concerns

And preview hibs rangers match

Please remember to subscribe to us on iTunes and review please

Skippy Doodle

Enjoyed both the Friday and Monday editions who needs the BBC.

Haha cheers. I listened to bbc last night. 40 minutes of slavering about rangers and the media

Skippy Doodle

Good stuff boys [emoji106]

Cal wasnae a happy chappy though eh?

Yeah he wasn't poor lad. You could tell that he had fallen out of love with the game and at various stages has possibly been depressed.

It makes evening news and Sunday mail interviews laughable for suggesting he was giving up the game he loves. Really cliched stuff

Just listened to the BBC podcast! OMG why was that muppet from the sons of streuth given airtime?!? What a lot of nonsense.

Thankfully MNF is on hand to provide some quality fitba chat that is actually relevant, balanced and interesting. Keep up the good work guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skippy Doodle

Just listened to the BBC podcast! OMG why was that muppet from the sons of streuth given airtime?!? What a lot of nonsense.

Thankfully MNF is on hand to provide some quality fitba chat that is actually relevant, balanced and interesting. Keep up the good work guys.

What's worse is they used it all for podcast later. Irony is a full 40 minutes of BBC airtime was devoted to bbc discussion on being viewed as anti rangers haha

What's worse is they used it all for podcast later. Irony is a full 40 minutes of BBC airtime was devoted to bbc discussion on being viewed as anti rangers haha

Haha brilliant. I did like reading this today which I think sums it up perfectly!

http://viewfromgorgie.co.uk/index.php/articles/youngy-s-view/12-down-with-this-sorta-thing

Skippy Doodle

Our Friday preview show is now available to listen to at mondaynightfitba.com or on our iTunes page

Skippy Doodle

In case it interests anyone we recorded a hibs only podcast last night focusing on Scott Allan saga and defeat to Dumbarton. You can find it on our iTunes page or at mondaynightfitba.com

Skippy downloading the Hibs file on itunes at the moment so cant comment on the episode.

Probably be the only time I download a Hibs episode.

The episode after the Dundee game lacked a little needle from what we had last year.

Having both set of fans debating the other team adds to the entertainment, Sorry not been in the loop over the summer

so there could be a reason for this.

Just my tuppence worth, still great hearing the show just felt it needs some spice.

Skippy Doodle

Skippy downloading the Hibs file on itunes at the moment so cant comment on the episode.

Probably be the only time I download a Hibs episode.

The episode after the Dundee game lacked a little needle from what we had last year.

Having both set of fans debating the other team adds to the entertainment, Sorry not been in the loop over the summer

so there could be a reason for this.

Just my tuppence worth, still great hearing the show just felt it needs some spice.

This week has been just down to who we could gather for each recording mate

The Apprentice

Listened to the Hibs podcast and it was actually pretty good. Was nice to hear Craig complement us a bit as well after watching the win against Motherwell, although he didn't sound too happy about it!

Great work guys, is there anymore interviews in the pipeline?

Skippy Doodle

Listened to the Hibs podcast and it was actually pretty good. Was nice to hear Craig complement us a bit as well after watching the win against Motherwell, although he didn't sound too happy about it!

Great work guys, is there anymore interviews in the pipeline?

Therr are three

Rescheduled interview with foulkes

Ex hibby boozy

And a big suprise third interview

In case it interests anyone we recorded a hibs only podcast last night focusing on Scott Allan saga and defeat to Dumbarton. You can find it on our iTunes page or at mondaynightfitba.com

Just listened to the 'FNF Hibs Special'. The show was fine but seemed a little disjointed, particularly when discussing team formation for the Morton game. I agree with a previous poster that the show is much better when it pitches Jambos and Hibbies together but I suppose the dynamic is not there since we're competing in different leagues (no dig intended) I totally get why the Hibs lads struggle to be critical of their team when the Jambos are about, must be hard for them, wee lambs [emoji1].

Sam, you do a very good job of being impartial which I hope the show can maintain when you're absent.

All in all, much better show than any of the mainstream west coast guff we have to endure.

Therr are three

Rescheduled interview with foulkes

Ex hibby boozy

And a big suprise third interview

Ooh, you tease!

Amoruso_lets_it_run

Have to say I'm a big fan of MNF always look out for new episodes. Think all you guys come across really well and is such a welcome change to listening to folk from the usual media outlets.

It's all amicable enough between the two sets of fans but the hibees saying they 'can't see past' them to win the league and 'Hearts will have a tough opening to the season' deserve a bit of a ribbing

Valar Morghulis

Kudos to everyone involved! Living in Atlanta, I latch on to any Hearts/Scottish football podcast I can. MNF is by far the best, along with the Terrace! I listened to the Hibs special as well, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Craig and Connor are a credit to their team and did a fantastic job! Keep them rolling!!!

Skippy Doodle

Have to say I'm a big fan of MNF always look out for new episodes. Think all you guys come across really well and is such a welcome change to listening to folk from the usual media outlets.

It's all amicable enough between the two sets of fans but the hibees saying they 'can't see past' them to win the league and 'Hearts will have a tough opening to the season' deserve a bit of a ribbing

Cheers mate. Tbf I also thought a month ago that hibs would push rangers and still reckon it could happen if Stubbs finds an alternative to the diamond midfield formation

Skippy Doodle

Kudos to everyone involved! Living in Atlanta, I latch on to any Hearts/Scottish football podcast I can. MNF is by far the best, along with the Terrace! I listened to the Hibs special as well, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Craig and Connor are a credit to their team and did a fantastic job! Keep them rolling!!!

Cheers mate. Nice to hear we have an international demographic to tap into haha

The terrace is a good show and there is obviously we have no cares as well

Valar Morghulis

Cheers mate. Nice to hear we have an international demographic to tap into haha

The terrace is a good show and there is obviously we have no cares as well

I subscribe to that as well. Not quite as informative, but funny as feck! 

Skippy Doodle

Yeah we certainly would not be able to match the boys for banter and songs!

I saw Sam at Dundee last week, said a passing hello and he looked a bit dumfounded, he had no reason to know who I am of course. Could be interesting to see how you guys adjust to your new found fame!

Big fan of the podcast, even the Hibs chat. Listening to it is my Monday night hobby. Keep it up.

Skippy Doodle

I saw Sam at Dundee last week, said a passing hello and he looked a bit dumfounded, he had no reason to know who I am of course. Could be interesting to see how you guys adjust to your new found fame!

Big fan of the podcast, even the Hibs chat. Listening to it is my Monday night hobby. Keep it up.

Haha he did say he got one or two glances. I'm quite fortunate that my website and Twitter pics are old skool efforts

Skippy Doodle

Last night's show is now available on mondaynightfitba.com and on our iTunes page

Remember to subscribe and comment on iTunes and follow us @mnfitba

Jamboman1512

Connor "we need to be treating these Rangers games as stand alone events you know almost like cup finals or derbies in themselves"

Not sure that's a very good idea for them.

Only started listening to the show since the Mikey Stewart interview, it wasn't that something that interested me.

Now I never miss a show and always look forward to them.

Keep up the good work guys :thumbsup:

Should try and get an interview with Steven Pressley :lol:

Skippy Doodle

Thanks for the feedback guys. Pressley would very much be top of a list of dream podcasts to have.

Haha, I'm absolutely terrible with faces mate so I was probably panicking that I should've known who you were!! Next time I promise I'll look less like a rabbit in the headlights. I might even manage some conversation!

Malcolm Tucker

Not nearly as informative, but we do try. Promise :lol:

Just as well MNF is as well researched as it is because if people just listened to WHNC then folk would be showing up at the wrong stadiums and getting their goalscorer stats wrong...

Archived