England v Germany (Womens World Cup) BBC3 at 8.30pm

hueyview

After watching the England, Japan semifinal and the way it turned out, I am taking England at 9/2 to get a result.  I have been impressed by the standard of play. :toff:

A conundrum eh ?

:beatnik2:

watch the Argentinian game while listening to the England game...... :sunny:

Son Of Anarchy

I thought england went out by an og? Heard something on news but not the details. Was og to make it a draw?

I thought england went out by an og? Heard something on news but not the details. Was og to make it a draw?

3rd place play off match tonight.

Lost to injury time OG in semi final - heart break on par with the men's team losing on penalties every other tournament

chuck berrys hairline

Got Germany to win and four goals or more @ 3/1. England are humpty long ball merchants full of runners.

Son Of Anarchy

3rd place play off match tonight.

Lost to injury time OG in semi final - heart break on par with the men's team losing on penalties every other tournament

Thanks Jamie. Friend of a friend plays for Deutschland so gonna have a wee flutter on em.

Come on England.

Used to think womens football was murder, but this world cup has made it.

Serious sport, with good football forever now.

I expect it will grow, and grow through the roof in the next few years.

Rocco_Jambo

Both these teams are absolutely horrific in front of goal. Stick them in the 18 yard box with a chance on goal and their touch and composure makes school boy level players look world class.

Jam Tarts 1874

As with all the other women's matches, there appears to be a large number of hibs' fans!

Maroon Sailor

Penalty England

Kicking off here before the kick is taken

1-0 Williams 107 mins

3fingersreid

One if not the only thing the ref called right tonight

Maroon Sailor

What a miss from Scmidt

Free header at the back post and puts it wide

3fingersreid

I'm a big fan of girls/women's football but I wish to hell they'd stop comparing it to the men's game ESPECIALLY 1966

Well done to England tho

All depends how seriously you take women's football.

It really is atrocious in all honesty, the way the media have tried ridiculously hard and basically lied about how interested folk were in this is nothing short of embarrassing.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It really is atrocious in all honesty, the way the media have tried ridiculously hard and basically lied about how interested folk were in this is nothing short of embarrassing.

The overall interest levels do seem to be exagerated and forced.

Heres Rixxy

BBC is the worst for it. This game is headline ahead of the Copa America final? Just **** off eh.

The overall interest levels do seem to be exagerated and forced.

You mean like attendances at Ibrox :smug:

BBC is the worst for it. This game is headline ahead of the Copa America final? Just **** off eh.

Not like that game lived up to its billing though is it? It was utter garbage.

Heres Rixxy

Not like that game lived up to its billing though is it? It was utter garbage.

That doesn't matter post match. The fact that "England finish third at World Cup" is the main headline for BBC football ahead of "Chile win Copa on penalties" is a joke. Trying to force a different sport down our throats...

That doesn't matter post match. The fact that "England finish third at World Cup" is the main headline for BBC football ahead of "Chile win Copa on penalties" is a joke. Trying to force a different sport down our throats...

You care about what's the main headline? Really? You must surely be used to media bias by now. Especially if you watch Scottish Football. I've lost count of the times something big has happened at Hearts and yet one of the Glasgow unwashed take the main headline.

Rabbie_Burns

We've gone for Eurosport in the hope that it's more impartial.

Listening to Jonathan Pearce the other night was excruciatingly awful, I felt embarrassed and I'm not even English ! Might add that I'm pleased for England's womens team to take their well earned third place

They have to, paid a significant amount to cover the women's World Cup. Massive wrong call.

dobmisterdobster

Why would they promote a match that was on SKY over one they had the rights to air?

The Mighty Thor

Why would they promote a match that was on SKY over one they had the rights to air?

To be fair the women's football is about the only live games the bbc have left to show. Sky/BT have hoovered everything else up.

Malinga the Swinga

Dreadful game, dreadful tournament, dreadful commentating and now the English coach thinks the players are legends. Actually don't mind women's football as a whole but the coverage this has got has been so over the top that it has taken away from what they are trying to achieve.

Keepers, apart from Solo (US keeper), are awful and couldn't catch a cold.

AlphonseCapone

It's the same sport.

Didn't even know it was on till I came on here. It's like rocking up to a Sunday league game at saughton park but worse. I can't bare to watch I have tried a few times during the World Cup but the standard is just shocking

Say What Again

Dreadful game, dreadful tournament, dreadful commentating and now the English coach thinks the players are legends.

Read that just now :lol:

It's nice to draw comparisons to the '66 team. They have Hurst hat trick and Moores tackle, and we've had our own moments that could be talked about in 50 years.

:rofl:

Maybe that stonking OG.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Read that just now :lol:

It's nice to draw comparisons to the '66 team. They have Hurst hat trick and Moores tackle, and we've had our own moments that could be talked about in 50 years.

:rofl:

Maybe that stonking OG.

He's a major oddball. And unbelievably deluded.

Well done England though. I've enjoyed the tournament

Archived