El Hassnaoui ready to go

Clerry Jambo

Guest Bilel Mohsni

NSIS???

I thought he was banned?

Not Sure If Serious

No idea if he was banned or not. I just assumed that since he currently posts as; "frank skinner", that he had changed his username.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Not Sure If Serious

No idea if he was banned or not. I just assumed that since he currently posts as; "frank skinner", that he had changed his username.

Saw you posting on this thread and was positive you would have said you were watching El Hass warming up last season and knew he would be a great player.

Sorry, I misjudged you.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Saw you posting on this thread and was positive you would have said you were watching El Hass warming up last season and knew he would be a great player.

Sorry, I misjudged you.

Apology accepted. :)

Not Sure If Serious

Definitely given a lifetime ban, sure i read it on here, maybe being naive but how can he still be posting? 

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Definitely given a lifetime ban, sure i read it on here, maybe being naive but how can he still be posting?

No idea. He clearly is though. :)

gashauskis9

?Everybody?s happy to have lots of strikers here,? he said. ?You need that. You saw that last season when we had a lot of injuries. I was out a long time. Osman was out for three months and Speedy [Dale Carrick], like me, was out for most of the season. You need a lot of competition to keep the training level as high as possible. I?m happy with that.?

Exactly the sort of attitude you'd want and expect. Spent a lot of last season defending him, as did many others, I really do think he'll have a big part to play this season.

Great lad with a great attitude. This will be his year.

The coaching staff showed faith in him by giving him a three year contract last year when what little money we had, had to be spent very wisely. I'm not yet willing to believe they were wrong. His season was ruined by injury, that much is fact.

If he proves himself to be a real player this year in the space between midfield and attack. Then, given his physical attributes, he could be a real sensation.

The truth of my point of view is, i'm always desperate for every player we sign to succeed and if it takes time then so be it.

stevie1874

Aye the smart people among us know he is a good player and showed enough glimpses last season of what he can become. The slavering idiots think he is pish.

Don't think anyone thinks he's pish, just that he's done nothing at all that word class him as a good player. Until he has a run of good games he'd be lucky to get a start.

Shovelly Joe

Met his biggest fan at the family fun day. The guy had his baseball cap autographed by El Hass. His son was brainwashed also. Reminded me of my Dad's favourite player Neil Pointon becoming one of my favourites. Can't help but think if El Has had scored his good chance against Hibs in the Ozturk game he would have reall kicked on. Hopefully he'll show us what he can do this year

Getintaethem

I'm one of those than have been willing to show some patience with El Hass, tough gig last year, coming back from injury, lacking fitness, settling in to the squad. Lots of reasons for his less than inspiring first season. No excuses now. We'll see over the next three months what sort of a player we have.

Captain Bubblebeard

I am quite hopeful for him too - needs to hit the ground running when the season starts I think. If for no other reason than to ensure that fans' only positive association with him is no longer the 'sublime reverse pass vs Cowdenbeath'! It's become the new Beslijia 750k cross!!

jamboinglasgow

Reading that interview and seeing the determination at the end of last season, I get a feeling we have not seen anything yet of what El Hass can do and is going to do. He has that hunger to play and drive on the pitch that will make a big difference. As he says having a proper pre-season will make a big difference for him as we will have a player who is fit from the first game, both physically and mentally. He also will have competition for his place which means he cant slack off at all (and neither can the other players for his position.)  I do think he will prove his doubters wrong this season and his skill mixed with his drive will make a difference for us. Of course I could end up being wrong and he fails to do well this season, but I am optimistic.

cosanostra

I think he could have a big say in how well our season goes.

He was poor last season but you never know, maybe with a pre-season he'll kick on and look the part.

Chris Benoit

Not Sure If Serious

56035950.jpg

gashauskis9

I am quite hopeful for him too - needs to hit the ground running when the season starts I think. If for no other reason than to ensure that fans' only positive association with him is no longer the 'sublime reverse pass vs Cowdenbeath'! It's become the new Beslijia 750k cross!!

Actually, the Beslija cross was only worth 500k. The mazy run against Sparta Prague through a massive puddle was worth 250k.

Just imagine for a second if El Hass and Juanma are basically on the same level as Sow.

Got it?

Blazej is as good or maybe even better than Ozturk

Juwon a younger and more attack minded Takis?

Walker, king and Nicholson one more year developed.

Anybody vaguely excited?

Sooperstar

Last season for El Hass is forgotten for me. He hasn't shown us much but he is clearly highly regarded by the management. Hopefully he can be a big player this season.

gashauskis9

Just imagine for a second if El Hass and Juanma are basically on the same level as Sow.

Got it?

Anybody vaguely excited?

Add Reilly potentially being better in front of goal than Keatings was, Buaben coming back like a new signing and Pallardo settling in even more.

Best squad outside of Celtic IMO

Diadora Van Basten

Plays best as middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Very good play maker who can bring others into the game.

Downside is he is carrying a bit too much timber and often over elaborates underestimating the opposition.

Ron Burgundy

No other instances I can think of. I've attempted to exaggerate and not got away with it.

That made me giggle.

JamboJohn1874

Looks like El Hass is up to his old tricks again with yet another anonymous display in Ireland.

Sooner or later the El Hass apologists will come round.

Looks like El Hass is up to his old tricks again with yet another anonymous display in Ireland.

:lol:

It was a pre-season friendly ffs.

Happy Gilmore

I'm absolutely raging that he's done nothing of note in the first two pre-season games of the season.

He's done.

El Hass is pants,bring back Mrowiec,Taouil,Ivaskevicius,Obua,Tiago Costa,Beniuisis,Tapping,Screpis,who would want a strong,flair player like El Hass,release him now!!!

Joe Hearts

:lol:

It was a pre-season friendly ffs.

Aye but J J is right he was very poor today.

Aye but J J is right he was very poor today.

The gaffer said that he thought the team was poor first half, so that suggests there was a lot of poor performances, not just from El Hassnaoui. The lads are working so hard doing double, triple and even quadruple sessions over the last couple of days, so they are bound to be a bit fatigued and unable to perform to a high standard.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The gaffer said that he thought the team was poor first half, so that suggests there was a lot of poor performances, not just from El Hassnaoui. The lads are working so hard doing double, triple and even quadruple sessions over the last couple of days, so they are bound to be a bit fatigued and unable to perform to a high standard.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Would love to see them carrying hods full of bricks up ladders constantly for 10 hours a day,............... as my brother always says, every day 6 days a week.

I will show you tired, he would say.

Drives him mad, the tired bit.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Would love to see them carrying hods full of bricks up ladders constantly for 10 hours a day,............... as my brother always says, every day 6 days a week.

I will show you tired, he would say.

Drives him mad, the tired bit.

You ever done that?

the geezer

I get the impression that CL and RN need him to do well as they have put a lot of faith in him - they have given him plenty of chances and he has 2 months to take the opportunity or he won't cut it. IMO he has the football brain but he is not sharp enough physically

fabienleclerq

I'm certainly a big fan. Took him a while to even break into the team and when he finally did, he was thrown into starting a few games through force rather than choice. Unfortunately on those occasions, he didn't look totally ready.

Seemed more prepared when we seen his cameos at the end of the season but even then, I'm still convinced he will be a big player.

"A big fan".

How? He's not been very good, there's numerous reasons why. He came in injured and picked up another injury, he's not had a decent run in the team and he's been played up top when iirc he was meant to play the number ten role.

I'll judge him on this season but I can't fathom how you could be a big fan.

"A big fan".

How? He's not been very good, there's numerous reasons why. He came in injured and picked up another injury, he's not had a decent run in the team and he's been played up top when iirc he was meant to play the number ten role.

I'll judge him on this season but I can't fathom how you could be a big fan.

Can't see why not. He seems to have a great attitude, determined and from what I've seen of him, I'm convinced he's got a lot of ability.

He's someone that I'm hoping will be a big hit at Hearts and prove a lot to us. So yes, I am a big fan of the lad.

fabienleclerq

Can't see why not. He seems to have a great attitude, determined and from what I've seen of him, I'm convinced he's got a lot of ability.

He's someone that I'm hoping will be a big hit at Hearts and prove a lot to us. So yes, I am a big fan of the lad.

I'm sure everyone is hoping he's a big hit, he's shown virtually nothing that could make someone a "big fan" though. Your obviously easily pleased.

I'm sure everyone is hoping he's a big hit, he's shown virtually nothing that could make someone a "big fan" though. Your obviously easily pleased.

Each to their own mate but fans all take likings to players that others may not.

Ron Burgundy

I'm hoping for big things but on past displays I'm probably gonna be disappointed. Make or break for the guy this season.

stevie1874

I'm hoping for big things but on past displays I'm probably gonna be disappointed. Make or break for the guy this season.

Your spot on

Beslija without the price tag methinks.

gashauskis9

Your spot on

Beslija without the price tag methinks.

Can't wait for the explanation of this comparison...

4 goals and a handful of assists from an attacking midfielder who missed pre season and a good chunk of the season through injury.

Feel bad for the new signings, they don't stand a feckin chance.

El Hass will be a star for us, some though wont recognise this unless he scores 2-3 goals every game.

You could see in his performances last season that he is an intellegent footballer, with the ball at his feet AND when he does not have the ball.

Some posts on this thread are mad.

You could cut & paste this into any other thread on page 1 and it'd fit in.

:jjyay:

Ron Burgundy

El Hass will be a star for us, some though wont recognise this unless he scores 2-3 goals every game.

You could see in his performances last season that he is an intellegent footballer, with the ball at his feet AND when he does not have the ball.

I honestly hope you're correct but I've seen absolutely nothing to indicate he's gonna be a "star ".

Clerry Jambo

I honestly hope you're correct but I've seen absolutely nothing to indicate he's gonna be a "star ".

You're ofcourse correct Ron and El Hass is going to have to perform, like the rest of them, to get a run in the side with the depth of squad we have, especially in the forward areas.

Personally feel he looks as though playing off a target man, Sow or Juanma is his position

stevie1874

4 goals and a handful of assists from an attacking midfielder who missed pre season and a good chunk of the season through injury.

I was agreeing with another poster saying I'm also hoping for big things from him this season, but after watching him last season I'm finding it hard to see what his strengths are.

As I've previously stated last season he looked slow , cumbersome with a poor first touch for a professional football player. Let's just hope as so many posters have confirmed this will be different due to a good pre season.

I'm absolutely raging that he's done nothing of note in the first two pre-season games of the season.

He's done.

poor penalty as well

some keepers might have saved it

Got it?

Anybody vaguely excited?

So, if some of our players are better than we thought,

Other better than they have shown previously,

Some are better, younger and more exciting than one of the best players we've had in living memory

And some better than they actually are,

Not to mention those that develop into better players

I can't help but agree with you, we have the makings of a decent team there

poor penalty as well

some keepers might have saved it

Hit with pace, back of net before goalie hit the ground.

Teuchterjambo

There is an element of truth in what you say but there is also the other side of the coin. We have people who seem to accept that anything new must be good and often argue the point without any real evidence to back it up. There will be times when we sign a dud (certainly not the case with El Hass in my opinion) but there will be failures in the signing policy and fans are entitled to criticise these signings ... that said it should be after a reasonable to time to make a judgement.

There is an air of "how very dare you critiscise" amongst many fans  ... there are people who seem to set themselves up as defenders of every decison that Robbie makes whether it will be good, bad or indifferent. Fortunately to date the good far outweighs the bad at the moment but there will be bad decisions and they will be desrving of criticism.

As I've said, a lot of Hearts fans will be absolutely raging if he has a good season. A lot of folk willing him to fail.

Will they indeed?

Frankly you're talking pish there Juan.

Will be interesting to see what style Neilson is aiming for, which will give us a better idea how El Hass will fit into the side. Last season we had games where the speed and directness (I mean direct to the point not hoofball) of attack saw us flattening sides quite quickly yet the stats showed less possession than the opposition at that stage of the match. It was an incredibly efficient style of attacking.

In this league I assume we will need to put more work into winning possession. In tight games players like Walker, with his ability to be both unpredictable and create shooting chances out of little, and El Hass with his obvious ability to play players in with intelligent passes and through-balls - could be very important.  

Archived