Dougie McDonald Day

jambali

Yes it's one year since Dougie McDonald tried to use the new legislation to get the internet to forget all the naughty things he did. However, I think it only fitting that we remember him & what he did. Spread the word:-

Dougie we will NEVER forget.

I'm sure some of our internet savvy folks could get the word out for optimised searching.

Brave Hearts

A reminder of him so no one forgets what type of person he was.

Also a reminder of how long it took before he was outed, and how he tried to blame everyone else for his lies and lack of honesty.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/28/dougie-mdconald-scottish-referee

Dougie McDonald, the referee who lied about his reasons for reversing a penalty for Celtic, has announced his retirement.

McDonald had been under serious pressure to step down after the admission that he lied about the penalty in a game against Dundee United last month. Celtic's chairman John Reid had called directly for McDonald's his removal after the club's recent annual general meeting; the referee's position was widely regarded as untenable.

McDonald's exit comes after a weekend in which Scotland's referees went on strike in protest at what they perceive as escalating abuse towards them and the questioning of their honesty.

Hugh Dallas, the Scottish Football Association's head of refereeing, also left his post on Friday. Dallas, who is known to be close to McDonald, had been under investigation for the alleged sending of an offensive email relating to the pope's visit to Scotland.

McDonald said: "My category one colleagues decided rightly to withdraw their services from matches this weekend in response to the outrageous way they have been treated by sections within Scottish football and, in my opinion, the lack of support they have received from the SFA general purposes committee in recent years.

"However, their united stand, and the position of strength they have established this weekend, has been clouded by one issue, namely the aftermath of the Dundee United v Celtic match on 17 October. I apologised for my role in that and want my previously unblemished 29-year career to move on."

"Now is the time for all of Scottish football to move on.

"My decision will therefore remove that issue from the debate and ensure that the next day of action ? which, in my opinion, will undoubtedly come if the football community does not have a massive change of heart ? will result in media coverage being concentrated on those who engage in referee bashing and those who condone it."

Brave Hearts

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/dougie-mcdonald-told-me-to-lie-to-neil-1074220

STEVEN CRAVEN today reveals the truth behind the lies of a controversial Tannadice cover-up.

In an explosive MailSport exclusive that will rock the SFA to its core, Craven lifts the lid on the spot-kick storm from Celtic's clash with Dundee United.

The linesman opens up about the lies and bullying that led to his resignation and reveals how: Ref Dougie McDonald lied to Hoops boss Neil Lennon about his sensational penalty U-turn.

Both he and McDonald came clean to refs chief Hugh Dallas.

Dallas tried TWICE to get him to repeat what he knew to be a lie.

Bullying, harassment and victimisation in the corridors of power will lead to refs quitting.

Craven told MailSport: "Dougie ran towards me and said: 'I think I've f***** up.' After the game Dougie said we should tell the referee supervisor (Jim McBurnie) that I called him over to question the penalty award.

"I went along with it because I wanted to be supportive of Dougie.

"But then Neil Lennon came in after the game and asked Dougie why he hadn't given the penalty kick.

"We told Neil the version that was a lie.

"It was wrong to lie. And I'm not proud that I went along with Dougie's suggestion.

"I decided to quit a few days later. I'd had enough of Hugh Dallas and John Fleming (the SFA referee development officer).

"For a while I felt I had been a victim of harassment and bullying from them.

"A lot of guys are not happy with it and are ready to walk away."

SFA chief executive Stewart Regan said: "Dougie hasn't accepted responsibility for Steven's resignation.

"His resignation covers other matters and we are looking at those."

Dallas tried TWICE to make me repeat what he knew was just a LIE

STEVEN CRAVEN knew he was wrong to go along with Dougie McDonald's lies after the Dundee United v Celtic game.

But he was stunned and shocked when refs supremo Hugh Dallas wouldn't listen to the TRUTH after the officials decided to come clean.

Craven says in his resignation letter that Dallas twice tried to make him repeat a version of events he knew to be untrue.

That was when the linesman realised he was going to be hung out to dry for McDonald's decision to overturn the penalty he had awarded the Hoops.

Inaccurate stories started to appear on a daily basis in an attempt to cover up the real version of events - and that's why Craven has decided to speak out.

Now the match official - who quit the SFA last week as exclusively revealed in the Daily Record - can tell us the full story.

He told MailSport: "I can remember it all clearly. Dougie blew for the penalty but I could see the United keeper Dusan Pernis did touch the ball.

"However, Dougie was no more than seven yards away from the spot-kick incident while I was 25 yards away.

"I was with Dougie in a game between Aberdeen and Kilmarnock two years ago.

"Craig Bryson fell inside the Aberdeen box and I screamed to Dougie to give Killie a penalty.

"But he ignored my call and cautioned Bryson for simulation.

"We spoke about it at half-time and Dougie was adamant he called it right. Television evidence proved he was right.

"So that incident was going through my mind immediately after he gave Celtic the penalty at Tannadice.

"I thought he had the perfect position. There was no way I could question him.

"He then ran towards me and said: 'I think I've f***** up. Did the keeper get a hand to the ball?' I told him I believed the goalie played the ball and that it wasn't a penalty. So he decided it should be a drop ball.

"To make it clear, Dougie approached me. I did not call for him to come over.

"After the game, in front of the other assistant referee and the fourth official, we spoke about it. Dougie said we should tell the referee supervisor (Jim McBurney) that I called him over to question the penalty award. He claimed it would give the decision to overturn the spot-kick more credibility.

"I went along with it because I wanted to be supportive of Dougie and back him up.

"That's the first time I've lied after a game. It was the wrong thing to do. With hindsight, I regret it. I'd never lie again.

"The supervisors have earpieces and can hear all communication between officials during games.

"Jim said he didn't hear me calling over Dougie but that the stadium was noisy."

Supervisor McBurney wasn't the only person the officials tried to deceive. They even lied to Hoops boss Neil Lennon when he asked for an explanation.

Craven revealed: "Lennon came into the room after the game and asked Dougie why he hadn't given the penalty.

"We told him the version that was a lie. He seemed fine with the explanation. But, then, I suppose his side had still managed to win thanks to a late goal.

"I told Neil it was better to win with a legitimate goal rather than a dodgy penalty. He agreed."

McDonald's controversial U-turn led to a media storm and the worried ref decided to come clean to Dallas.

But Craven claims the refs supremo wasn't interested in the truth and wanted the linesman to keep taking the flak. That then kicked off a series of events that led to Craven handing in his resignation and the SFA starting an investigation.

The first part of that probe led to McDonald receiving an official warning but the investigation is still ongoing.

Craven said: "On the Monday morning there was quite a reaction in the papers.

"I sent Dougie a text to ask what he thought of the fall-out.

"He called immediately and told me he had talked with Hugh the night before and decided to come clean.

"Dougie told Hugh lies were told to the supervisor. He then told Hugh the truth - that I had not shouted for him to come over.

"I was then urged to tell Hugh the truth when he called me. I was happy to do so and felt quite relieved.

"When Hugh phoned he asked me to talk over the penalty. He said: 'So what happened after you called out for Dougie to come over? You called out Dougie, Dougie, Dougie?'

"My wife was in the room and I told him that was not the case. I told Hugh he now knew the truth.

"The truth was the version Dougie had told him over the phone.

"But Hugh repeated: 'What are you talking about, you said Dougie, Dougie, Dougie and called him over' but I told Dallas I did no such thing.

"Dougie came clean and so did I. But Hugh didn't seem to accept that.

"I phoned Dougie back and told him Hugh tried to make out this wasn't true and denied having the conversation with Dougie on the Sunday night.

"Dougie's response was he thought Hugh was just trying to test me, that he wanted to see if I would tell the truth or stick to the previous story.

"My reading of the situation was Hugh wanted to protect Dougie and leave me to take the flak.

"It was wrong to lie and I'm not proud that I went along with Dougie's suggestion. Rewind the clock and I wouldn't do it.

"But it was worse to continue the lie.

"I was really upset after that conversation with Hugh."

Craven then got even angrier when he checked his email and received the official match report.

He was criticised for his performance at Tannadice and that convinced him it was time to get out of the game.

Craven said: "When I got my match report from the game emailed to me that proved to be the final straw.

"I was down-marked for getting an offside decision wrong.

"When I got the match report I phoned Drew Herbertson at the SFA and told him I'd had enough.

"I was going to quit at Christmas - but not because of my ankles, as has been reported elsewhere. It was because of all the nonsense with Hugh.

"I got my letter from the SFA on Friday morning to say my resignation had been formally accepted."

Brave Hearts

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/10945812/Google-restores-links-to-Telegraphs-deleted-articles.html

Google has reinstated links to Telegraph articles previously removed under the 'right to be forgotten' European Court ruling.

The Telegraph was informed of Google's decision to remove the links to two 2010 articles about Scottish football referee Dougie McDonald on Wednesday.

The links have since been reinstated.

A Google spokesperson confirmed the two links had been reinstated.

Google has similarly reversed its decision to hide links to articles about Mr McDonald on the Guardian's website.

Mr McDonald caused controversy when he admitted lying to Celtic manager Neil Lennon about a penalty decision in October 2010.

Links to articles relating to Mr McDonald had also been removed from the Guardian, Mail Online and Scottish TV channel STV's websites.

boabyarsebiscuit

Yes it's one year since Dougie McDonald tried to use the new legislation to get the internet to forget all the naughty things he did. However, I think it only fitting that we remember him & what he did. Spread the word:-

Dougie we will NEVER forget.

I'm sure some of our internet savvy folks could get the word out for optimised searching.

Dougie McDonald was on my flight last night, delayed 19:50 British Airways LCY-EDI. Looks like a smarmy when he's in civvies too.

ToadKiller Dog

I had a sigh of relief when McDonald went, but then we got hit with Iain Brines

Incident was never that big a deal

Celtic say they helped improve things but just bullying as usual

Source is Celtic belief, they refuse to say in public of an anti-catholic bias

Dallas certainly helped that belief

i wish jj was my dad

This hibs **** cheated us for years but it only became an issue when Celtic became involved.

He should have been out on his arse after his shenanigans at Killie and was even worse in our cup tie against Falkirk a few years later.

Tells you all you need to know about the square dealers at the SFA though

Remember he gave the wee team a penalty against us at fester road.

The hibs player told him no contact had been made, but the corrupt lying creep ignored it.

TV evidence proved it too, if I remember correctly.

Think it was Zal that was involved?

Proved how Dallas acted in the whole thing as well, that the game is rotten to the core.

Hanging people out to dry to try to save one of the good old corrupt boys.

Remember he gave the wee team a penalty against us at fester road.

The hibs player told him no contact had been made, but the corrupt lying creep ignored it.

TV evidence proved it too, if I remember correctly.

Think it was Zal that was involved?

The Hibs player (Rankin) said he told the ref that it wasn't a penalty at the time. TV evidence clearly showed Rankin did nothing of the sort.

Rankin is a Hibs cheat

Sub4TiddlerMurray

It's embarrassing threads like this that bring out the worst in JKB. Trolling a ref who admitted he made a mistake and owned up to it is just downright nasty. Refs are people with families. 

And he's not praying

It's embarrassing threads like this that bring out the worst in JKB. Trolling a ref who admitted he made a mistake and owned up to it is just downright nasty. Refs are people with families. 

Dougie Macdonald cheated in some games involving Heart of Midlothian. 

100%.

The only thing nasty, is his creepy little face.

Filth.

His performances when refereeing Hearts matches were unbelievably bad. He was either grossly incompetent or there were more sinister motives. I suspect the answer is he was a grossly incompetent Hearts hating ****.

Tommy Brown

I had is mis-fortune of being introduced to him when I took up reffing, long before any of these events (2001).

I took an instant dislike to him.

I put him down as an incompetant, but would later realise he was an actual cheat.

Pants Shaton

Expressing my true feelings about that Cancer of a man would result in a life time ban from JKB.

One of life's bad guys.

i wish jj was my dad

I remember it quite differently.  He tried to cover up a mistake and got caught out.  Then the old pals act tried to join in the cover up and blackballed the guy who blew the whistle as it were.  Tells you all you need to know about our football authorities.

Tasavallan

I had is mis-fortune of being introduced to him when I took up reffing, long before any of these events (2001).

I took an instant dislike to him.

I put him down as an incompetant, but would later realise he was an actual cheat.

I heard the very same from other referees in the EOS region.  The consensus was that he was not a nice person.

SFA have encouraged this sort of arrogant behaviour from refs.

Judge a person by the people around them. Need to be a bit more inclusive encouraging people from all backgrounds. I may be out of touch now but always seemed to favour "professional" backgrounds in promoting refs.

The only 'trolling' I can see is your own.

doctor jambo

The guy who had to quit after being strong armed into lying over the penalty had a family too.

And doogy - despite confessing to cheating and the whole conspiracy- is back in charge of refereeing with the SFA.

Madness

MacDonald Jardine

The guy who had to quit after being strong armed into lying over the penalty had a family too.

And doogy - despite confessing to cheating and the whole conspiracy- is back in charge of refereeing with the SFA.

Madness

I'm not a big fan of cheating / conspiracy theories but McDonald was something else.

The 2006 final alone marked him as a cheat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Super_Hans

It was that Killie away game that done it for me. The worse refereeing performance I've ever seen. Levein seemed to agree.Thought it was ineptitude but turns out corruption was involved too. Disgraceful human.

2006 cup final. Message ends.

Agreed. Blatantly tried to ensure we lost...unlucky scumbag!

andyscott82

Agreed. Blatantly tried to ensure we lost...unlucky scumbag!

The non-penalty for Main's rugby tackle on Rudi was as blatant cheating as you're ever likely to see!

The non-penalty for Main's rugby tackle on Rudi was as blatant cheating as you're ever likely to see!

Did he not take out Janny outside the box too? It was a clear red cases, but yellow was shown?

There then was a blatant kick at Hartley, when the ball was out of play. Again, a red card offence, and none was shown.

Despite his cheating he had to officiate a Hearts SC final victory and that pleases me.

Toxteth O'Grady

I quite like the fact that he got the sack for getting a decision right

Easily the ref I hate most.

Easily.

Cheating scumbag. I'm sure our record of winning when he reffed our games was something stupid like 15%.

Son Of Anarchy

Aww poor wee soul has a family so don't be nasty to him. Its not as if he's a lying cheating corrupt ******* that ended up in a cushy job at the SFA now is it?

Brave Hearts

No trolling here. He only admitted a 'mistake' and owned up when caught out. After years of disgraceful and deliberate 'mistakes'.

What has having a family got to do with this ?

Mind you, would you want him in your family as a role model based on the way he behaved and carried out his refereeing duties.

corryjambo

Agreed. Luckily Rudi did his best to stay on his feet otherwise that cheating rat would have booked him.

Watch his smug pus as well when he sends off Hartley. Although he was wrong to kick out, Townsley was pretty culpable.

I reckon McDonald thought that he had just given Gretna the cup that day.

Tough !

Indeed, and the irony was that Townsley missed one of the penalties in the shoot out so he actually did us a favour by not sending him off. 

Bet you that bugged the hibbie no end.

There was no mistake. He is a liar, and a cheat.

andyscott82

Indeed, and the irony was that Townsley missed one of the penalties in the shoot out so he actually did us a favour by not sending him off.

Bet you that bugged the hibbie no end.

That was karma, in all it's beautiful glory!

Townsley was a hibs rat too at one point too, was he not?

jamboinglasgow

I quite like the fact that he got the sack for getting a decision right

Yup, often forgotten in this, that he changed his decision from making the wrong one to the correct one. Celtic threw a strop and created the most poisonous season I have ever experienced in Scottish football, which Rangers gleefully joined in. Several SFA employees were quite correctly got rid of and everything had a real stink. Few came out of that looking good.

I know it's not your words Brave Hearts, so don't think I'm having a go at you.

I apologised for my role in that and want my previously unblemished 29-year career to move on."

His what?

His WHAT?

His ****ing WHAT??????

Brave Hearts

I know it's not your words Brave Hearts, so don't think I'm having a go at you.

His what?

His WHAT?

His ******* WHAT??????

No problems Boof.

Brilliant that you highlighted this unbelievable and incredible statement that this cheat and liar had the audacity and arrogance to make

gorgie rd eh11

It must be nice for Dougie to know the internet will ensure his contribution to Scottish football will never be forgotten.

Archived