Longest Football Match Ever Attempt in Edinburgh

tartofmidlothian

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I don't know the guy personally but Jonny who is being interviewed works in my work. Good luck to them all.

Lots of my mates playing in this, Craig was a friend of mine.

Will be some going.

The sides of the pitch will be full of tents and seen lots of photos of all the food and drink needed.

They'll do it easy.

Back to 2005

Longest game since Celtic needed a win at tynecastle to win the league and David Syme was refereeing with them 2-1 down.

Longest game since Celtic needed a win at tynecastle to win the league and David Syme was refereeing with them 2-1 down.

That might be out of date now.  The New Rangers had a manadatory hour or two extra time when things were a bit tricky against Alloia, Cowdenbeath et al.

Craig's friends deserve massive credit for making this happen. Ten years on his death remains a crazy, freakish tragedy that robbed all who knew him of a hugely talented and popular young man.

Diadora Van Basten

Apologies if i am being stupid but where is the match being played? and is there a link so that I can make a donation.

Know one of the lads running this well, they've put so much effort in. Donated to them at the weekend. Well done all involved. 

Apologies if i am being stupid but where is the match being played? and is there a link so that I can make a donation.

I was having the same problem fidning the location as I might pop down to lend some support at some point.  here is the link to the donations page though - https://www.justgiving.com/TCGGWRM/

joe.gausden

I think at Spartans ground from 1.00 tomorrow

loveofthegame

I think at Spartans ground from 1.00 tomorrow

Correct. Spartans from 1pm tomo until some point Wed afternoon/evening....

Bluesy1874

I work with jonny's brother.Big hibs fans but said after the training with robbie That he has a lot of resepect for him. Hopefully they can break the record.

loveofthegame

I work with jonny's brother.Big hibs fans but said after the training with robbie That he has a lot of resepect for him. Hopefully they can break the record.

True but some of the lads are Hearts fans.

dunciboyjambo

This will be some effort with the torrential rain that's forecast over next three days. Good luck lads!

The Treasurer

707 goals and on the losing side.. Sore one..

the 653rd goal is always crucial in these games.

Great effort from all involved

the 653rd goal is always crucial in these games.

Great effort from all involved

The offside trap got breached quite a few times. Concentration needs to better in these games...

The Apprentice

A massive well done to all involved, truly inspiring stuff!

LarrysRightFoot

Great effort. Well done to all those involved.

A hibs mate of mine who watched the match likened it to 90 minutes at Easter Road.

Great effort, well done.

I can only assume Man Utd were losing after 90 minutes.

Seymour M Hersh

A hibs mate of mine who watched the match likened it to 90 minutes at Easter Road.

Well you can understand that watching that shite for 90 minutes would possibly feel like 105 hours.

Archived