Mergim Bajraktari on trial with us, playing tonight

tartofmidlothian

I'm not overestimating anything, i just don't rate Gomis or Buaben that highly, they'll do a job but still think we lack a driving force in the middle. Gomis, Pallardo and Buaben are all the steady workhorses which will be fine most of the time, here's hoping Walker, King etc can kick on and prove themselves.

Gomis was one of our top performers last season and having his calming composed influence in some games helped Walker,King and Nicholson to flourish,

Buaben was superb also before injury and his strength will be a big weapon in the SPFL in away games etc.

Pallardo a workhorse?Pallardo is one of the best readers of a game I've saw for many years in a Hearts strip.

I'm glad there weren't 3 threads about this guy or we would have had to Mergim...................I'll get ma coat.

:lol:

Wasn't Brad Mackay signed from juniors?

Think we signed him from Edinburgh City then sent him out on loan to Penicuik Athletic and Stenhousemuir.

Arthur Morgan

I'm glad there weren't 3 threads about this guy or we would have had to Mergim...................I'll get ma coat.

:D

Watt-Zeefuik

Is he actually signed? Or just a trialist?  I thought the latter.

Aw, hell, now I have to work that one into my comprehensive signing pun sentence I put over in the other thread...

scott herbertson

aside from the puns (and that last one was good btw) did anybody watch him last night and form an opinion of his quality?

Think we signed him from Edinburgh City then sent him out on loan to Penicuik Athletic and Stenhousemuir.

tynie i think.

I was at the game and honestly was pretty unimpressed with this guy. Looked a bit lost. Not gonna write him off as everyone was rusty but if he doesn't improve significantly then he won't be near the first team. 

jamboinglasgow

tynie i think.

Patterson came from Tynie, McKay was definitely Edinburgh city.

Ah yeah you're right. I think he only played a season there, i'm sure he played for tynie for years before that, I never knew he left them.

scott herbertson

I was at the game and honestly was pretty unimpressed with this guy. Looked a bit lost. Not gonna write him off as everyone was rusty but if he doesn't improve significantly then he won't be near the first team. 

Cheers for that

Watt-Zeefuik

Thanks.  I wonder how long his trial period is.

jamboinglasgow

To be honest, I can see quite a few players coming in over the summer on trial. For us we may find a gem among them, though most will not come up to standard.

Is he actually signed? Or just a trialist?  I thought the latter.

Aw, hell, now I have to work that one into my comprehensive signing pun sentence I put over in the other thread...

His is only here for a trial.

Ryan Jarman

Not being offered a contract according to EEN

Straight over to hibs or rangers and you get a contract no bother. They love a hearts cast off.

I always feel sorry for players who don't win contracts after trials :lol:

Still, if he isn't deemed good enough then so be it.

tartofmidlothian

It must be shit for them, although a lot are probably getting a shot at training with a better team than they'll get otherwise. Who was the Hibs guy we had from Berwick last summer? Straight back to Berwick and is he not in the juniors now?

Wouldn't be surprised if Bajraktari ends up at somewhere like Dumbarton or Raith.

It must be shit for them, although a lot are probably getting a shot at training with a better team than they'll get otherwise. Who was the Hibs guy we had from Berwick last summer? Straight back to Berwick and is he not in the juniors now?

Wouldn't be surprised if Bajraktari ends up at somewhere like Dumbarton or Raith.

You're right of course. It must still be a good experience training with a larger team, using their facilities, plus he got a wee trip to Dublin out of it :lol:

Robbie is probably the type of coach who although not thinking Bajaktari was good enough for Hearts, will probably send his name round a few others in the Scottish game. You could be right in thinking he could continue playing in Scotland with a smaller team. Maybe Hibs.

jambo in iraq

Currie

Lee Currie - now playing with Newtongrange Star.

TynecastleBC5

yeah, I marked callum in a couple of game as there were two tynecastle teams.. he played right wing

the general

sure we will keep tabs on him 

he didnt stand out but I think he is a non flashy type anyway

good luck to him 

Archived