Mergim Bajraktari on trial with us, playing tonight

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Get yer stats and YouTube videos up then. :)

Played a dozen games at Stade Nyonnaise last season, was at Thun before. Albania under 21.

Bert Le Clos

Doesn't really fit in with Robbie's recent comments about midfield.

This boy seems to be a defensive mid, can't find much else about him online mind.

That the number 44 then?

I guess DMF and RB/CB skill sets are often interchangeable early in players careers.

tartofmidlothian

Sounds shite tbf tbh

Pretty unimpressed with this trialist tbh. Never even played at a World Cup.

el_jambo74

Watching the video on YouTube he looks like a central defender. Right footed. Possibly can play right back too? Hard to tell from the video how good he is but clips show he wins headers, looks committed and aggressive. Fairly quick too. Not too composed on his left side especially. Guess he's being looked at as back up.

Cast No Shadow

If we're after a midfielder surely it will be one who offers something going forward?

jambo in iraq

Played for stade Nyonnais, they are 3rd tier Swiss amateur! my mate used to play with them and they are the equivalent of a junior team here. That said Jim Baxter, Willie Bauld, John Cummings and Dave McKay all played Juniors so will hold my judgement!

Carl Fredrickson

Played for stade Nyonnais, they are 3rd tier Swiss amateur! my mate used to play with them and they are the equivalent of a junior team here. That said Jim Baxter, Willie Bauld, John Cummings and Dave McKay all played Juniors so will hold my judgement!

In more recent times so did Walter Kidd, John Hughes and Darren McGregor

super_vlad

Missed out craig thomson

tartofmidlothian

Charlie Austin?

Footballfirst

Ian Porterfield, Willie Johnston, Tom Callaghan, Cammy Fraser, Arthur Mann, Peter Oliver, Alec Edwards, Willie Gibson, Craig Levein, Colin Cameron all played for the same Junior club, Lochore Welfare.

Hungry hippo

Was he any good then?

Not sure if anyone who was at the game has posted yet. Might need to wait until they sober up tomorrow.

luckyBatistuta

:strewth: Got to give players a chance rather than just look at career stats 

Another couple who came through and made it...Les Ferdinand and Stan Collymore

luckyBatistuta

Not sure if anyone who was at the game has posted yet. Might need to wait until they sober up tomorrow.

Hope they've all looked after those beautiful white away tops.

kylelauren01

Ian Porterfield, Willie Johnston, Tom Callaghan, Cammy Fraser, Arthur Mann, Peter Oliver, Alec Edwards, Willie Gibson, Craig Levein, Colin Cameron all played for the same Junior club, Lochore Welfare.

...Ian Ferguson also played for Lochore

tartofmidlothian

Rickie Lambert was playing non-league not too long ago.

And he will be again soon.

Reading various sources it would appear he was solid but unspectacular,i think every team needs a player like that to be fair.

Like always i'll trust the management but even Sir Alex didn't get every signing right.

Reading various sources it would appear he was solid but unspectacular,i think every team needs a player like that to be fair.

Like always i'll trust the management but even Sir Alex didn't get every signing right.

Possibly the new Adrian Mrowiec.

122052-hearts-midfielder-adrian-mrowiec.

"He was alright, he was decent" said Neilson.

Must be a big confidence booster for the lad :laugh:

Seriously though we shouldn't be signing folk just for the sake of it. I'd rather stick with what we've got although I may need to rethink my prediction of 3rd if Gomis and Prince are going to be first team regulars. If no further signings i reckon 5th or 6th.

Robbie saying he's a solid player who can play in midfield or anywhere across the back four.

Sounds like a Kisnorbo type signing to me.

I'd rather stick with what we've got although I may need to rethink my prediction of 3rd if Gomis and Prince are going to be first team regulars. If no further signings i reckon 5th or 6th.

I'll remind you that Aberdeen had Robson and Flood playing in their midfield last season.

my grandson too

Seriously though we shouldn't be signing folk just for the sake of it. I'd rather stick with what we've got although I may need to rethink my prediction of 3rd if Gomis and Prince are going to be first team regulars. If no further signings i reckon 5th or 6th.

I think you grossly overestimate the standard of midfielders in the premiership

Add in Pallardo too. IMO three of the strongest CM's in the league, certainly out with Sellick anyway.

We could do with a utility player to cover a few positions, so if this boys any good, could prove a decent signing.

I'll remind you that Aberdeen had Robson and Flood playing in their midfield last season.

I would remind him that his predication means **** all masel

I think you grossly overestimate the standard of midfielders in the premiership

I'm not overestimating anything, i just don't rate Gomis or Buaben that highly, they'll do a job but still think we lack a driving force in the middle. Gomis, Pallardo and Buaben are all the steady workhorses which will be fine most of the time, here's hoping Walker, King etc can kick on and prove themselves.

Every team needs that player who can be called upon to play anywhere in the event of an emergency.

Not meant to be a starter unless they prove to be the best option but will do a job anywhere needed without argument.

I think you're a bit unfair 're Gomis and Prince tbh

Prince drove us forward pretty effectively in the first half of last season. Certainly better than anyone else has since Paul Hartley left.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Kenny Black, Andy Bruce, and Tommy Walker all started out at Linlithgow Rose, and Donald Ford at Bo'ness United, even though Linlithgow was his hometown.

I'm not overestimating anything, i just don't rate Gomis or Buaben that highly, they'll do a job but still think we lack a driving force in the middle. Gomis, Pallardo and Buaben are all the steady workhorses which will be fine most of the time, here's hoping Walker, King etc can kick on and prove themselves.

Thing is though we've got two centre backs who like a shot from distance, our full backs will be pushing very high up the pitch, our wingers are constantly looking to create and we'll have either two strikers or one striker and an attacking midfielder looking to score at every opportunity, if need be Buaben will drive forward but generally it won't be the jobs of our centre mids to get goals and assists, having said that it would be a lie to suggest that they never play a forward pass, even gomis and pallardo played some decent through balls last season

Rick James

The people criticising this lad through his CV are probably the same who blew a load over Juanma with a very average looking CV too.

By the way, that's not a dig at Juanma by the way, I'm just saying I give every player a chance and would judge them on what they do at Hearts, not what they've done before.

Plus, the lads just turned 22. Could be building for the future.

eddiepolio

I'm glad there weren't 3 threads about this guy or we would have had to Mergim...................I'll get ma coat.

Archived