possible xi and formations based on squad we have just now

Masonic

gashauskis9

280615192403.png280615193912.png280615193435.png280615193301.png

Take Juanma or Reilly out the last team there and replace with Walker and you've got a belter of a lineup.

Alexander

Paterson -- Ozturk -- Augustyn -- McHattie

------Pallardo-------Gomis/PB------

------------El Hassnaoui/Walker/KA------------

King/Nicholson ------------------------- Walker/BK/SN

------------Sow/Juanma/Reily----------------

Clerry Jambo

Alexander

Paterson Ozzie Augustyn OSHINAWA

Pallardo Gomis

Walker Nicholson

Sow Juanma

Alexander

Pallardo Gomis

Walker Reilly Sow

Juanmal

Bert Le Clos

Best formation in my opinion only

Alexander

Paterson   Ozturk   Augustyn   McHattie/New LB

Pallardo    Gomis/Buaben

King                   Walker

Sow

Juanma

King as an out-and-out winger. Walker as more of a 10. Sow playing off Juanma and drifting slightly to the left to provide width.

Alexander

Pallardo    Gomis/Buaben

Sow

Juanma

King as an out-and-out winger. Walker as more of a 10. Sow playing off Juanma and drifting slightly to the left to provide width.

This would be my choice as well. Would have Nicholson as an option to rotate with King when either drop form.

Yeh I'm with you bert although i hate to see Sow playing out wide but we'll see how we shape up come the start of the season, i know little or nothing about Juanma but instincts are telling me he will be good.

Bert Le Clos

This would be my choice as well. Would have Nicholson as an option to rotate with King when either drop form.

Definitely. Squad rotation as Robbie has said is going to be key, especially for players like King, Nicholson and Walker. That's why I'd still like to see us bring in another attacking mid who can play out wide too.

Yeh I'm with you bert although i hate to see Sow playing out wide but we'll see how we shape up come the start of the season, i know little or nothing about Juanma but instincts are telling me he will be good.

Yep, got a good feeling about Juanma, just hope he comes to something. I don't see Sow playing out wide though. Just giving us slightly more width on the left. He'd still be playing as a striker.

We did the same in 97/98 with Adam except he played slightly to the right off Jim Hamilton, with McCann as a winger on the left and Cameron as the attacking midfielder.

Alexander

Pallardo    Gomis/Buaben

Sow

Juanma

Yep. That's my best team also

i dont know about u guys but id like a new keeper who is much younger someone we can develop also if nothing happens with Zee id like to see us try get him on loan again.

i dont know about u guys but id like a new keeper who is much younger someone we can develop also if nothing happens with Zee id like to see us try get him on loan again.

would that not be Hamilton??

Alexander

Paterson -- Ozturk -- Augustyn -- McHattie/New Lb

-------------------Pallardo----------------

King----------------Walker-----------------------Nicolson

-----------------------------Sow------------

------------Juanma------------------------

Not easy to show on here, but I would have Sow cutting in from the left channel as Henry used to, walker starting central with the option to drift into the channels, Juanma dropping in from time to time and the wingers hitting the bylines. (Obviously this is very attacking).

For a more defensive look:

Alexander

Paterson -- Ozturk -- Augustyn -- McHattie/New Lb

-----------Gomis--------Pallardo----------------

Walker----------------Buaben-----------------------Sow

--------------------Juanma------------------------

3 at the back:

Alexander

McGhee-- Ozturk -- Augustyn --

Paterson-----------Gomis--------Pallardo-------------Walker

El Hass--------------------------Sow

--------------------Juanma------------------------

next season for new keeper unless Alexander loses form

not for me

Have you seen enough of jack to write him off? For me he made his real debut in at the deep in v hibs and had a great game , done nothing wrong since

queensferryjambo

I personally think El Hass will be a starter week in week out playing just behind the forwards - I genuinely think he will come good.

If Carrick can get fit and stay fit he will hopefully feature strongly possibly as an impact player from the bench. 

I really want Reilly to do well but if he has a season of being introduced into the team getting the odd start and coming off the bench it wouldn't be the end of the world for him.

Obviously I am hoping that they all crash in a pile of goals and have magnificent seasons but that may be overly optimistic.

Just now I'd go with

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Mcghee Mchattie

Pallardo Gomis

King Sow Walker

Juanma

Hopefully we sign another CB, a new LB, maybe another CM for squad depth and a striker for depth aswell. Possibly a Keeper.

I'm sure Robbie will play a 4-4-2.

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Augustyn McHattie/New LB

Nicholson Pallardo Gomis Walker

Juanma Sow

Alexander

Patterson Ozturk Augustyn McHattie

Pallardo

Walker Buaben King

Sow Juamma

I personally think El Hass will be a starter week in week out playing just behind the forwards - I genuinely think he will come good.

If Carrick can get fit and stay fit he will hopefully feature strongly possibly as an impact player from the bench. 

I really want Reilly to do well but if he has a season of being introduced into the team getting the odd start and coming off the bench it wouldn't be the end of the world for him.

Obviously I am hoping that they all crash in a pile of goals and have magnificent seasons but that may be overly optimistic.

I don't think RN & CL have brought Reilly here to sit on the bench, we already had Keating's for that. I've a felling Reilly will start more than his fair share in whatever formation Robbie sees fit for purpose depending on the opposition and where we're at.

As excited as I am about our new additions, and also have full faith in our management team, aren't we being a tad premature in adding them to our starting line up & predicting a better than top 6 finish? We've not seen these guys play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bert Le Clos

Just now I'd go with

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Mcghee Mchattie

Pallardo Gomis

King Sow Walker

Juanma

Hopefully we sign another CB, a new LB, maybe another CM for squad depth and a striker for depth aswell. Possibly a Keeper.

I think from what Neilson has said about only bringing in player who will improve the side, it's a safe bet he sees Augustyn as first choice alongside Ozturk.

Nothing against McGhee who I think is a great prospect but just the way I see it.

I agree that I'd like to see us bring in a LB, attacking mid and another CB, unless Neilson and Levein see Mundel as a good enough back up.

I'd rather see us bring in a RB instead of another striker though - Juanma, Sow, Reilly, Carrick and El Hass should give us enough options up top.

JamboHeriot

A couple of things strike me from the above suggestions:

1) We have so many different options in midfield and attack with regards to formations and personnel that I'm not going to try to predict what Robbie will do.

2) We need more depth in defence. Our first back 4 is not strong enough as it is, and the possible 2nd back four is pretty weak. 2 more defenders in and we will be good, but 3, in a Pallardo/Eckersley type situation would give us the depth and options I think we need.

Alexander

McGhee---Ozturk---Augustyn

Gomis---Pallardo

Buaben/Anderson

Nicholson/King---El Hass/Reilly/Sow---Walker

Juanma

He Who Cannot Be Named

Alexander

McGhee---Ozturk---Augustyn

Gomis---Pallardo

Buaben/Anderson

Nicholson/King---El Hass/Reilly/Sow---Walker

Juanma

And when Ozturk suspended and Augustyn injured? 

There is no chance we will be regularly playing 3 at the back next season. No chance at all.

At the moment, I think our keeper and back 4 pick themselves, can't see any back three or back five happening, so it's really about the midfield/defence. I reckon Gomis and Buaben will start the season in central midfield, with Walker and King on the wings, and El Hass just behind Sow. The new lads will start on the bench and be used as impact subs until they're integrated into the squad properly. I find it difficult to see what role Anderson will play. Not doubting his ability, just don't see him near the start of the pecking order or as a sub.

What I will say is that we can enjoy selection headaches for the right reasons next season, think back to the season we went down and the team picked itself each week as we had no options. It's nice to have options. Let's hope Robbie gets it right.

We_are_the_Hearts

I think we will start the first game with Pallardo, Gomis, Buaben, Walker, juanma and Sow then introduce the likes of Reilly, King and El Hass once the games open up. The likes of Anderson, nicholson and Carrick have a challenge on to get gane time, great options

gashauskis9

I'm thinking

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

McHattie

Gomis

Pallardo

Buaben

Walker

Reilly

Sow

Subs:

Hamilton

McGhee

New LB

El Hass

King

Nicholson

Juanma

Struggling to see regular places even on the bench for Anderson or Carrick, let alone Flannagan, Smith, McKirdy, Beith and Buchanan.

Not used to us having so many options, although defensive injuries do concern me. Another experienced CH would be ideal.

There is no chance we will be regularly playing 3 at the back next season. No chance at all.

Lol, knew that would get a reaction! I'm glad that you know what RN is thinking about formations! I'm sure the thread is titled "possible xi" and not "definitely starting xi every week"! [emoji4]

So what about all the other formations when Ozturk and Augustyn are suspended/injured? And let's throw in Pallardo and Gomis out at the same time?

Tynecastle Valhalla

I'm sure Robbie will play a 4-4-2.

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Augustyn McHattie/New LB

Nicholson Pallardo Gomis Walker

Juanma Sow

I think this will be the starting line up

With prince Reilly and King alternating too

Alexander

El Hassnaoui, El Hassnaoui, El Hassnaoui, El Hassnaoui

El Hassnaoui, El Hassnaoui

El Hassnaoui, El Hassnaoui, El Hassnaoui

Carrick

I've put Carrick up top as I've been told by everybody on here that El Hassnaoui isn't a striker.

• 4 weeks later...

No chance you said...still confident? [emoji5]?

He Who Cannot Be Named

No chance you said...still confident? [emoji5]?

I am as it happens ;)

He Who Cannot Be Named

If we do, then we only really have Mcghee and to a lesser extent, JHM as back up for 3 positions.

The first thing I would do with our formation is not have Alexander in it.

I can't help but feel that ship has sailed.

Alexander

Pallardo Gomis

Walker Nicholson

Sow Juanma

I am as it happens ;)

Im thinking 3-4-3 against St Johnstone [emoji5]?

jambo-fletch

Alexander

Paterson mcghee oz mchattie

King pallardo bauben walker

Carrick

Sow

Can't see Carrick getting a game pal haha

Archived