Everton at Tynecastle - Sunday 26th July 3pm

Never Let Them Forget

Never Let Them Forget

Anyone heard anything about Everton coming to Tynecastle on the 25th July?

Tokyo Drifter

Haven't heard anything. Saw them last time they were at Tynie, though. Must  be over 20 years ago, pre-season friendly. We lost. Good support, very drunk.

The Future's Maroon

Funny you say that, because someone (who works at the club) told me, while drunk so I dont know how much to beleive, that Everton and Spurs have been approached and neither had said no, unlike three other EPL teams.

Would it not depend on who and where hibs have their petrofac cup game? If they were home to rangers for example, then I doubt we could have a big friendly like that. Although I would guess that there wouldn't need to be a lot of police at a friendly like this.

Good to get the daily thread about this up and running!

I like the question mark making it easier to avoid though obviously I didn't having ignored previous threads

I recall Everton at Tynecastle for Gary Mackay Testimonial when JJ scored two headers

That was for Walter Kidds testimonial. It was a 1-1 draw and I recall Alan Moore scoring a late equaliser for us.

I was at Gary's testimonial and remember big Joe scoring the headers, couldn't run but still had his hei:toff:

That was for Walter Kidds testimonial. It was a 1-1 draw and I recall Alan Moore scoring a late equaliser for us.

Think it's different games. Joe Jordan played for us whilst manager and scored two in a testimonial

I was at Gary's testimonial and remember big Joe scoring the headers, couldn't run but still had his heid :toff:

That's the game. Big Nev was in goals too. Now Nev was a helluva goalie

the general

I recall Everton at Tynecastle for Gary Mackay Testimonial when JJ scored two headers

for a while we seemed to play them every season

Rudolf's Mate

To summarise the previous threads. It might or might not depend on out pitch being ready.

Henry Smith not have his testimonial V Everton?  Im sure we got beat 2-0, im 30 so would have been very young but seem to recall something like that.

1-1 game was Walters Kidds game. Was the day after a 2 - 1 defeat at ER and IIRC was a miserable day and the crowd was about 7 or 8000. 

Sure Wayne Foster scored for us.

London hearts will have the answer im sure

Edit - Was Alan Moore as someone else correctly stated

Foster scored against Spurs

Shovelly Joe

Would be a nice way of honouring Alex Young for his service to both clubs. On mentioning being a Hearts fan to Everton fans of a certain age they always bring up 'the golden vision'. Was an amazing player by all accounts. Must have been fantastic to be a Hearts fan in those days to to see the likes of Mackay, Young and the Terrible Trio.

queensferryjambo

Would be a nice way of honouring Alex Young for his service to both clubs. On mentioning being a Hearts fan to Everton fans of a certain age they always bring up 'the golden vision'. Was an amazing player by all accounts. Must have been fantastic to be a Hearts fan in those days to to see the likes of Mackay, Young and the Terrible Trio.

So good Ken Loach made a gritty docudrama film about him funnily enough called The Golden Vision - 

the general

I know we've asked Chelski if they fancy the trip up.

Reailly ?

if so it would be a reserve team

New York Red Bulls - Wednesday 22 July - New Jersey

Paris Saint-Germain - Saturday 25 July - Charlotte, North Carolina

Barcelona - Tuesday 28 July - Washington D.C.

Fiorentina - Wednesday 5 August - Stamford Bridge 

A few years ago Alex Young was invited to Tynecastle for a game by the club, but was turned away by security because they didn't have his name, being a proud guy he didn't create a fuss, but stayed away from Tynecastle for a significant period of time, however the issue was sorted over time and there are no problems now, at Goodison however he is treated like a god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter Kidd

I've had the pleasure of meeting Alex a couple of times and you will never meet a finer gentleman.  Revered in Merseyside.  Great man up there with the Terrible Trio, John Cummings and Dave MacKay.  

Reailly ?

if so it would be a reserve team

New York Red Bulls - Wednesday 22 July - New Jersey[/size]Paris Saint-Germain - Saturday 25 July - Charlotte, North Carolina[/size]Barcelona - Tuesday 28 July - Washington D.C.[/size]Fiorentina - Wednesday 5 August - Stamford Bridge [/size]

Whats the big deal? Hearts have 2 games in 1 day!

Think it's different games. Joe Jordan played for us whilst manager and scored two in a testimonial

Ah right, got ya. I couldn't have been at the JJ one as I can't recall it.

colinmaroon

Being 12 going on 13 in 59-60, and seeing every game, I can say that Alex Young was quite simply "awesome".

Nothing can be signed or announced until the Petrofac draw is done as the police will have the call if Hibs are drawn at home. It's provisionally pencilled in for a 3pm kick off. Let's hope Hibs are drawn away from home.

Shovelly Joe

I've had the pleasure of meeting Alex a couple of times and you will never meet a finer gentleman. Revered in Merseyside. Great man up there with the Terrible Trio, John Cummings and Dave MacKay.

for a while we seemed to play them every season

I was told at the time that we often played Everton in testimonials because they charged only expenses, whereas other big English clubs also wanted an appearance fee.

Nothing can be signed or announced until the Petrofac draw is done as the police will have the call if Hibs are drawn at home. It's provisionally pencilled in for a 3pm kick off. Let's hope Hibs are drawn away from home.

When is the draw?

Craig Levein asked about Everton said he "can't say but there will be an announcement soon" about an hour ago

The only time I've ever seen Alex Young in the flesh was outside the old ticket office when I was in the queue for a game at Murrayfield. Long queue all the way back to McLeod Street. He came out the ticket office and said in a loud voice "No luck lads, just got the last tickets it's sold out". Amazingly a huge amount of people fell for it. Then older guys clocked who he was and all wanted to talk to him. Seemed like a good guy.

WeeToonJambo

A few years ago Alex Young was invited to Tynecastle for a game by the club, but was turned away by security because they didn't have his name, being a proud guy he didn't create a fuss, but stayed away from Tynecastle for a significant period of time, however the issue was sorted over time and there are no problems now, at Goodison however he is treated like a god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and they still have a huge photo of him displayed outside the stadium.  I was fortunate enough to have seen him playing for Hearts.  A particular memory was him and Willie Bauld playing a series of one twos against Benfica in the European Cup culminating in him scoring at the school end.  We lost the game 2 - 1, the second leg 3 - 0, and Benfica went on to lift the cup for the first time.

N Lincs Jambo

1-1 game was Walters Kidds game. Was the day after a 2 - 1 defeat at ER and IIRC was a miserable day and the crowd was about 7 or 8000. 

Sure Wayne Foster scored for us.

London hearts will have the answer im sure

Edit - Was Alan Moore as someone else correctly stated

Foster scored against Spurs

Spot on with it being Walter Kidd's game. The 2-1 defeat at ER the day before was the end of 17 in a row. Despite that we were still top of the league and playing great stuff but I'm sure it contributed to the poor attendance the next day. That was a real shame as Everton were the reigning League Champions and despite the scoreline we absolutely pissed them off the park. Bobby Mimms was in goal for them that day and he was truly outstanding. Could easily have been 5 or 6 with a lesser keeper...

First team coach Duncan Ferguson known well to certain generations has been granted a testimonial game versus Villarreal to be played this summer.

Not quite a legend like Alec Young but one of those very highly thought of.

Don't do friendlies but the chance to see someone smashing into Naismith might be too much to resist.

Don't do friendlies but the chance to see someone smashing into Naismith might be too much to resist.

When he played at Rangers I would have agreed with this sentiment, however since he's been at Everton he's done a lot both on and off the field so I find him a hard person to dislike. One of the few players that I've completely changed my mind about.

Jambof3tornado

When he played at Rangers I would have agreed with this sentiment, however since he's been at Everton he's done a lot both on and off the field so I find him a hard person to dislike. One of the few players that I've completely changed my mind about.

Yup,changed player for me too.

Riddley Walker

Since he's one of our most important players for the national team (although admittedly his form has dipped in the past 6 months) I wouldn't like to see this happen, regardless of how much he was a wee ****** when he played for the Huns.

Hope this game happens.

Toffees are my English team and it would be good to get the Hearts/Everton scarf.

Hope this game happens.

Toffees are my English team and it would be good to get the Hearts/Everton scarf.

Remember beating them in the Texaco Cup once. I thnk Evertons only sojourn to Scotland in Europe was v Dunfermline in the Fairs Cup on the same night that Rangers played Spurs maybe 63. At Goodison Park all the fans ever talked about was "the golden vision".

Alex Young was as good as Willie Wallace I think.

Agreed. Good guy by all accounts.

Bought two season tickets a couple of years ago via Gary Locke and donated them to Big Hearts.

Archived