Copa America 2015

Rick James

Kicked off last night with Chile beating Ecuador 2-0.

Mexico take on Bolivia tonight although it's a 00:30 kick off.

Think the games are on Premier Sports.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kicked off last night with Chile beating Ecuador 2-0.

Mexico take on Bolivia tonight although it's a 00:30 kick off.

Think the games are on Premier Sports.

later stages might be on other channels

Channel is free to any xl package vrgin media customers. CHan 551

When did that come in? Or have I missed out on it all along? :lol:

Henry. Henry.

When did that come in? Or have I missed out on it all along? :lol:

Must have been quite recent as I got a free upgrade to XL and Sky sports for the 3 months a couple weeks ago and Premier Sports wasn't there initially. I caught the 2nd half of the Argentina game thanks to this thread. What a game !

Should hold a bit more interest than the gold cup! What were bt sport thinking picking that up?

Must have been quite recent as I got a free upgrade to XL and Sky sports for the 3 months a couple weeks ago and Premier Sports wasn't there initially. I caught the 2nd half of the Argentina game thanks to this thread. What a game !

Nice one. Unless it's just free to XL customers for the Copa America as a trial period?

Either way, I'll catch up with it at some point. Only thing has been the matches are late kick offs and I've been working so not staying up for it. Next day off is on Wednesday so will look at what games are on Tuesday night.

Regular John

Haven't tried it myself yet but all the matches are being streamed free and live on Youtube.

Peru 1-0 up on Brazil after two mins.

edit: Make that 1-1 after 4 mins (Neymar)

A David Luiz special for the Peru goal 

Yep. But I doubt it will stay that way. Peru are a good team to watch. Really fast and direct with some great skills.

luckyBatistuta

Yep. But I doubt it will stay that way. Peru are a good team to watch. Really fast and direct with some great skills.

Cheers...what you watching it on?

Footballfirst

Is it still 1-1 ?

Finished 2-1 to Brazil with a stoppage time winner.

Seems that Neymar will be out for the rest of the tournament with a cracked vertebrae

luckyBatistuta

Seems that Neymar will be out for the rest of the tournament with a cracked vertebrae

Thanks for that bud.

Think you've been reading year old reports FF!

On Neymar, his stats so far at international level are scary. 44 goals already. Surely will beat Pele's record of 70-odd.

Footballfirst

Think you've been reading year old reports FF!

I was sure that I read it from last night's report on the Brazil v Peru game, but it's good if I got it wrong.

Just Googled Neymar injury Peru Brazil

and results are about setting up winner in "injury-time'

Footballfirst

Just Googled Neymar injury Peru Brazil

and results are about setting up winner in "injury-time'

Just checked it myself and it was in 2014.

I'll be supporting Venezuela, their home shirt last year was very similar to the Hearts one (slightly different colour, probably closer to Fenerbahce colours). I was given one as a gift from some Venezuelan friends who are now fellow Jambos, I wore it to Tynecastle and got a great response. They started with a great win over Colombia last night too

Art Vanderlay

BBC website report on the game last night did make it seem as if Neymar had been injured. Even had a picture of him in agony on the turf from last year. I had to re-read the report to work out it was a convoluted reference to the 2014 QF incident.

LarrysRightFoot

Neymar (IMO) is the next in line for best player in the world after Messi & Ronaldo.

I think he will take over the mantle in the next couple of years.

Incredible talent. Scored 37 this season? A lot of them in big games (only man to score in both legs of the CL quarters, semi's, then final).

Ricardo Quaresma
Randle P McMurphy

Jugadores in the youtube title. You couldn't make it up!

Henry. Henry.

Another cracking game there. Bolivia win their first Copa game since 1997 3-2 against Ecuador. Chile v Mexico next.

Jam Tarts 1874

I bet Pinilla did them all at the same time.

I'll be supporting Venezuela, their home shirt last year was very similar to the Hearts one (slightly different colour, probably closer to Fenerbahce colours). I was given one as a gift from some Venezuelan friends who are now fellow Jambos, I wore it to Tynecastle and got a great response. They started with a great win over Colombia last night too

Always had a wee thing for Venezuela since I realised that. Also, they're the the only South American team that have never been to the World Cup.

Some howler that from the Jamaica keeper there. Not that I'm caring as I've a score on Paraguay at 4/5!

Always had a wee thing for Venezuela since I realised that. Also, they're the the only South American team that have never been to the World Cup.

Surely that can't be right? Have Guyana and Suriname been there?

I believe they play in the CONCACAF section.

AndyJack1874

Some howler that from the Jamaica keeper there. Not that I'm caring as I've a score on Paraguay at 4/5!

That was a belter.

Headered it right onto the boys kneecap :lol:

That was a belter.

Headered it right onto the boys kneecap :lol:

It was indeed! Very one sided game, should have been more goals for Paraguay,

Can't believe that is thier first win in the competition in like 8 years.

Loved watching Santa cruz, loved playing with him on fifa about 10 years ago!!!

In footballing terms they're considered Central America.

it's at times like this I'm cursing Sky for not giving us Youtube the way that Virgin do. I mean (excuse the technophobe) I'm assuming that if these game at streamed live there, you can get them straight onto your tellybox through Virgin, right?

Sexton Hardcastle

Vidal arrested after dui crash.

Seems to have escaped injury with his Mrs.

Vidal arrested after dui crash.

Seems to have escaped injury with his Mrs.

Good stuff, was really threatening my Aguero top scorer and Argentina to win bet. Hopefully that's him out of the tournament.

it's at times like this I'm cursing Sky for not giving us Youtube the way that Virgin do. I mean (excuse the technophobe) I'm assuming that if these game at streamed live there, you can get them straight onto your tellybox through Virgin, right?

They're on Premier Sports which Virgin are giving us for free til August anyway.

In footballing terms they're considered Central America.

It's a bit bizarre in that part of the world that you seem to be able to decide which federation you want to play in. 

With Jack Warner's permission of course, which may or may not involve gifts.

It's a bit bizarre in that part of the world that you seem to be able to decide which federation you want to play in. 

With Jack Warner's permission of course, which may or may not involve gifts.

Although both Guyanas and Suriname are phisically in South America, historically their cultural and political ties were with the other Caribbean nations. That's the reason why they have always been affiliated with CONCACAF rather then CONMEBOL.

Doesn't matter, though. They've always been shite at football and the few good players that come out of those countries (most from Suriname) usually prefer to play for their "mother" countries (Netherlands, France)

Not really been following this but does anyone remember when it was in Columbia and the mafia told them they'd better win it because they had 4 million on them, they actually did win it and I don't think the squad had anyone over age 23 in it!

Brazil v Columbia about to start...two of the top 5 teams in the world according to FIFA rankings

Seems like a home game for Columbia looking at the support in Santiago, Chile.

Given they surprisingly lost their first match this is a vital match for Columbia

Not trying to slag anyone off here but seriously do folk not know it's Colombia :lol: amazing the amount of times I've seen it spelled wrong.

Archived