Captain Craig leaves the still sunken championship ship

CJGJ

Liam Craig leaving Hibs or not having his contract renewed however you want to put it

The first of many I presume as cost cutting begins

Alan Johnson

Could be wrong but IIRC he hasn't been getting much of a game since they signed Fyvie. As captain will be one of their higher earners so probably a sensible move from Stubbs, to be fair to him.

He'll probably become a competent player again (see the hibs effect)

Craig was a decent player at St Johnstone and in particular always did well against us playing left midfield.

Fxxx the SPFL

Will be remembered fondly by all Jambo's for his almost penalty at Tynie last season. aaarrff.

gashauskis9

Diehard Jambo I've heard, contrary to the way he typically behaves against us.

There has been discussion on this in the past, consensus seemed to be he was a sellik fan

i wish jj was my dad

Inspiring performances in the play-offs.  

I heard he was Celtic.

And he's not praying

Not that it would have mattered for next season but I'm glad I won't have to see him in an Edinburgh derby again.

His behaviour in the first derby of the season was ridiculous :laugh:

Hopefully this is the start of some severe cost cutting for them.

Did the same thing not happen to him last season but for some stupid reason they changed their minds.

RalphieCifaretto

The way he gets in refs faces with his constant dissent and bickering, terrible behaviour for a captain, and very average player.

He's a shite Michael Stewart

Bang on! I've been saying that for a while! He's a greeting faced welt, with zero ability.

Prince Buaben

I heard he was Celtic.

Heard the same from a school friend. He was with Hearts as a laddie.

He is not a Hearts fan.

I believe he was a signed Hearts player as a youth before he defected to Ipswich where the grass seemed greener.

Did the same thing not happen to him last season but for some stupid reason they changed their minds.

I think several players that played this season, like the best left back in the league :) were told to find other clubs. Presumably, given the wage they were on in comparison to their lack of ability meant they had to stay.

So Allans the first to leave, who are all the loanees they have, they will now be back at their contrcted clubs and their agents will be working overtime. 

queensferryjambo

His behaviour in the first derby of the season was ridiculous :laugh:

The guy is a total penis.

His behaviour in the 2nd Tynecastle derby wasn't much better. He ran up to the main stand and was shouting and screaming at the Hearts fans just after Cummings scored.

The children and pensioners sitting around us just looked bemused as the very angry loser bellowed at  them.

You can see a snippet of it here - he ignores Cummings and mouths off to Hearts fans on 33 seconds

So Allans the first to leave, who are all the loanees they have, they will now be back at their contrcted clubs and their agents will be working overtime.

He hasn't left

no, but it looks very much like he will leave

The last story I heard was that he wanted to stay with them and help win promotion next season

Horatio Caine

He's a shite Michael Stewart

So expect to see him on Sportscene  next season.

Will end up at Falkirk imo.

Kilmarnock I'm hearing!

Fyvie back to Aberdeen

McGeough to Dundee

Allan to Hearts (suspect that's just Greegs chat to wind up Hibs fans, however)

Oxley to one of the Sheffield teams can't remember which one

Robertson has also been asked to take reduced terms (suspect the answer will be no)

And Malonga has asked for a move.

The rebuild starts again!!

3fingersreid

The way he gets in refs faces with his constant dissent and bickering, terrible behaviour for a captain, and very average player.

And yet our last captain got stick for NOT getting in the refs face (although I would say somewhere between the two would suffice)

Anyway GTF Craig you horrible piece of hibs shite and thanks for that penalty miss :)

Never Let Them Forget

He was actually a decent player for St. Johnstone and always seemed to play well against us. However as per usual the Hibs way is to turn decent players into dross and welts.

Chester™

There shouldnt be much rejoicing at him leaving. Every Hibby I know is delighted at this news.

Winston Ingram

He was actually a decent player for St. Johnstone and always seemed to play well against us. However as per usual the Hibs way is to turn decent players into dross and welts.

Agreed. He is a good player player. Strong, left sided but can play many positions, good in the air. Hearts weren't happy when he left for Ipswich but seemed to be a botch by the club and Ipswich have a very good youth system.

Also an example of on/off field attitudes.. meet him away from a pitch and he's a really decent guy. 

First little fracture in the big break up of the most self publicising team in the league. A major rebuild awaits.. only this time without the over-rated oversight of the greetin koala bear looking halfwit.

And much less funds.

There shouldnt be much rejoicing at him leaving. Every Hibby I know is delighted at this news.

Indeed.

I was looking forward to the ginger Tasmanian Devil spitting and cursing his way through the Championship.

Oh well....thanks for the memories...... :thumbsdown:

Tasavallan

I believe he was a signed Hearts player as a youth before he defected to Ipswich where the grass seemed greener.

Correct he was with Hearts up to U17 (2002) but went down to Ipswich, where due to the different youth structuring, could play at U16.  The Ipswich scout for SE Scotland is Raith's Paul Watson's father.  Watson also came through the Ipswich Academy.  

Ipswich like to take down Scots youth who are born between July and December as they can play the year below what they would in Scotland as the English year is Jul-Jun while in Scotland it is Jan-Dec.  Like Craig, my lad was also at the Ipswich Academy when Roy Keane was manager.  My son was playing at U16 in Scotland but due to the different rules in England, he could play at U14 due to his size.       

...a bit disco

Brutally axed.

Nae luck.

Archived