The Good Luck Rangers Thread

Bowmans_Boot

Bowmans_Boot

I have explained my reasons for wanting Rangers to come up in the "Good Luck Motherwell" thread.  

COME ON ZAL, IAN BLACK AND LEE WALLACE - all PHM :)  Hopefully we will see you at Tynecastle again next season :)  

Bowmans_Boot

:cornette:

No PHM would want Sevco to win.

I do :)  and I consider myself as a PHM  :rudi:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Fnar.

Hope Motherwell humiliate humiliate them, and all the former Hearts players are involved. :)

I do :) and I consider myself as a PHM :rudi:

You aren't one. A PHM wants what is most beneficial to Hearts. A resurgent Rangers 2.0 in the top flight is most certainly not beneficial to Hearts, nor Scottish football in general.

Guest JKBMod 9

How about only posting on the thread if you wish to express good wishes to Motherwell's next oponents.

Then, if such wishes aren't forthcoming the thread will slowly slide off the first page.

M9

Bowmans_Boot

Some folk wanted Hibs up, some want Motherwell up, and though you may not like it, some want Rangers up. Just cause its not what you want doesnt mean it should be closed down

Personally, im not one of them, but everyone has an opinion, and its bollocks to say that just cause you dont agee. You're entitled to your opinion, so's he

Thank you :)  Well said.  

Robbie Neilson

Thank you :)  Well said.  

Some folk lose their brain when it comes to Rangers and turn into a dribbling mess

I'd dont share your opinion, but you're entitled to it. And its made pretty clear that its about the ex-Hearts players. The reaction is made even more mental when you consider some would fall over themselves to buy Ian Black and Zaliukas a drink if they were in a Gorgie pub

Robbie Neilson

Convenient excuse, imo. Even if there were no ex-Hearts players playing for Rangers, BB would still want Rangers to win the game. If he's being as honest as he says he is then he would admit that.

Well its all ifs and buts until it happens, id rather no give the guy personal stick just cause i disagree with his thread, telling him to GTF and ganging up, bit sad for what i assume is grown men. Anyway, im not for Rangers, hope they get pumped. And id only buy Ian Black a pint so i could gob in it

Bowmans_Boot

Convenient excuse, imo. Even if there were no ex-Hearts players playing for Rangers, BB would still want Rangers to win the game. If he's being as honest as he says he is then he would admit that.

Yes, that is true.  I am honest and I have no issues with Rangers.  I dont particularly like Motherwell.  The fact that there are some ex-players that I adore and respect greatly is a bonus. 

Well its all ifs and buts until it happens, id rather no give the guy personal stick just cause i disagree with his thread, telling him to GTF and ganging up, bit sad for what i assume is grown men. Anyway, im not or Rangers, hope they get pumped. And id only buy Ian Black a pint so i could gob in it

I haven't given BB any personal stick, Robbie, and I certainly haven't told him to GTF. I just think he's not being entirely honest about why he wants Rangers to win by claiming that it's due to the ex-Hearts players now playing for Rangers.

Guest C00l K1d

I wouldn't mind having rangers up because it's a guaranteed sell out = more money.

To improve you have to be playing the best teams, and i think Rangers are probably better than motherwell atm.  I'm not fussed either way, but having Rangers up would be advantageous.

Robbie Neilson

I haven't given BB any personal stick, Robbie, and I certainly haven't told him to GTF. I just think he's not being entirely honest about why he wants Rangers to win by claiming that it's due to the ex-Hearts players now playing for Rangers.

Aye no you, but others. Anyway, 

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I wouldn't mind having rangers up because it's a guaranteed sell out = more money.

To improve you have to be playing the best teams, and i think Rangers are probably better than motherwell atm. I'm not fussed either way, but having Rangers up would be advantageous.

A good point. You could however argue that we'd be improving more by playing European football, which would be more attainable minus a potentially troublesome opponent like Rangers.

All roads lead to Gorgie

To improve you have to be playing the best teams, and i think Rangers are probably better than motherwell atm. I'm not fussed either way, but having Rangers up would be advantageous.

Yes it would sell out at cat A prices but that is outwayed by the fact they would once again out spend us and make finishing in the top two nearly impossible. Not for me thanks.

cosanostra

Like it or not (not in my case), there are a tiny minority of Hearts fans that like Rangers as they share similar views and behaviours to their fans.

There's bound to be a couple on here would support the Huns in this game. Let them have their thread IMO. 

These types are a dying breed. Watching them trying to justify their affinity to Rangers is kind of funny.

Jambotommy

What I don't understand, is the cold hard fact that rangers fans HATE us...its like trying to befriend someone that thinks you are a ****...

I have explained my reasons for wanting Rangers to come up in the "Good Luck Motherwell" thread.

COME ON ZAL, IAN BLACK AND LEE WALLACE - all PHM :) Hopefully we will see you at Tynecastle again next season :)

yes playing Rangers would be fine

but so would another year without them and their old firm games dominating everything

another year for Scottish football to show it can prosper without...

On their players Lee Wallace is the only certain starter. Ian Black will be released so another Premier team will pick him up. Zal a squad player.

All this will be over soon.

chester copperpot

How about only posting on the thread if you wish to express good wishes to Motherwell's next oponents.

Then, if such wishes aren't forthcoming the thread will slowly slide off the first page.

M9

Amen,

I have no issues with a few guys wanting Rangers to win. My boss is a big Rangers fan, an Orange Lodge member and plays in an Orange Band and is the most bigoted man known this side of Belfast but if it means he's happy, then so be it.

Personally, I want Motherwell to win and go into work next week knowing that they will be keeping Hibs in the championship again for another season, but that's just me!

Rudolf's Mate

yes playing Rangers would be fine

but so would another year without them and their old firm games dominating everything

another year for Scottish football to show it can prosper without...

On their players Lee Wallace is the only certain starter. Ian Black will be released so another Premier team will pick him up. Zal a squad player.

All this will be over soon.

Pretty much where I am tbh. Not fussed either way.

chester copperpot

One thing is with Rangers MKII coming up will inevitably be more TV money for the rest of us too, so in that sense, I'm no that fussed.

The vast majority of my football following years has involved those ***** hoovering up trophy after trophy, trampling on everyone on their way.

If they never win a game again, I'll be a happy man.

OmiyaHearts

I enjoyed our matches against Rangers this season.

We won't have Hibs to play next season so there's a lack of big matches - I'd rather watch Hearts v Rangers x 4 than Hearts v Motherwell x 4.

I won't wish them good luck though.

hearts_crazy

I enjoyed our matches against Rangers this season.

We won't have Hibs to play next season so there's a lack of big matches - I'd rather watch Hearts v Rangers x 4 than Hearts v Motherwell x 4.

I won't wish them good luck though.

Good, let's keep it that way.

For the record I would rather see Hearts play Brora Rangers x 4 than The team formerly known as Rangers x 4.  The longer they stay down the happier I will be.

Gigolo-Aunt

:rofl:

Guess there has been a good luck thread on nearly every other Scottish team in the past week, so why not.

Rangers have a bit of momentum at the moment and can see them having too much for Motherwell.   Expect a comfortable Rangers win over the 2 legs tbh

Saying that, having Scott McDonald back will give Motherwell such a boost.

Guest C00l K1d

A good point. You could however argue that we'd be improving more by playing European football, which would be more attainable minus a potentially troublesome opponent like Rangers.

True. As I said I'm not fussed, I'm not sure hearts will be up challenging at the top end of the table for a few seasons anyway and I think it's naive to think rangers wouldn't be up in that time.

Money is important to hearts and with a potential 4 OF clashes you might see more interest in the league from sponsors and TV companies.

You're right tho rangers would just throw money at it again, but compared to everyone else they did that in the championship too and it didn't go to well for them.

Just need to see how it pans out. I'm just glad hibs are staying down because it's genuinely hilarious. Rangers I'm a bit meh about. I do see them as rivals but I hardly know any rangers fans so you can't really have a laugh about it outwith twitter/here.

Back to 2005

Would imagine the Huns will scrape through by the odd goal. Hopefully not as them staying down will continue to weaken the other cheek.

alwaysthereinspirit

Any fan thinking that next season will be fun with the The Rangers back where "they belong" is living in cloud cuckoo land.

If you think they get to much media attention now you might want to sell your TV, lap top and stop reading newspapers. Nightmare scenario on the horizon for all non OF fans if they beat Motherwell.

Nucky Thompson

Why would any Hearts fan want Rangers to win over Motherwell??

I wanted them to beat Hibs, but I now want Motherwell to humiliate them.

Hibs and Rangers in the Championship together next season will be fun

Why would any Hearts fan want Rangers to win over Motherwell??

I wanted them to beat Hibs, but I now want Motherwell to humiliate them.

Hibs and Rangers in the Championship together next season will be fun

This  :2thumbsup:  OFGTF !

Think Rangers staying down will make it harder for Hibs coming up,that works for me.

Riccarton3

A healthy rangers would try take our players for a pittance. But good luck, rangers. Guess it takes all sorts.

WorldChampions1902

Why would any Hearts fan want Rangers to win over Motherwell??I wanted them to beat Hibs, but I now want Motherwell to humiliate them.Hibs and Rangers in the Championship together next season will be fun

This in spades!

I hope the Zombies rot in the Championship even longer than the Vermin.

Best of luck to Motherwell.

bigstock-Referee-Showing-The-Red-Card-S-

You're going to need it.

:sob:

I expressed the view a few weeks ago that The New Rangers would be promoted.  Still think that.  Also think they will be strong next season.  Also think we will be strong next season.

Please don't label me a hun sympathiser.  I hate them and truly want Motherwell to win.

Just don't think they will.

I expressed the view a few weeks ago that The New Rangers would be promoted.  Still think that.  Also think they will be strong next season.  Also think we will be strong next season.

Please don't label me a hun sympathiser.  I hate them and truly want Motherwell to win.

Just don't think they will.

Yep. There's a big difference between thinking they'll win or wanting them to win though.

:shitwine:

I'm amongst all the in-fighting, etc, I can't see Motherwell doing it, as much as I'd like them to.

Guest JKBMod 9

Thread closed until a tidy-up has taken place.

The topic of the thread is 'The Good Luck Rangers Thread'.

Off-topic posts will be removed.

Spoke to a couple of Motherwell fans that I know and they've confirmed what I already expected, that they are rank rotten and very low on confidence.

The St Mirren defeat took the wind out their sails and they both think that they are nailed on to get beaten over two legs.

cosanostra

I honestly can't see anything other than a Hun win.

By all accounts Motherwell have been awful this season. The Huns seem to have pulled it together a bit over the last month or so and I can't see Well having the balls to do them.

If the Huns did stay down with the vermin though, this would be one almost perfect season.

Archived