Zal

terrible_groaning_noise

I think it's fair to say he's the best captain we've had in my 25 years watching Hearts.

Better than Levein, Cameron and Gordon? You're on the wind up.

cosanostra

Better than Levein, Cameron and Gordon? You're on the wind up.

Not a better player than those 3 by any means but I can see why he thinks Zal was a great captain.

Pressley was a great captain as well.

gashauskis9

Not a better player than those 3 by any means but I can see why he thinks Zal was a great captain.

Pressley was a great captain as well.

Thread closing in 5...4...

cosanostra

Thread closing in 5...4...

You can't deny he was a good captain. He may have screwed up his own legacy but he served the club well as captain.

Prince Buaben

You can't deny he was a good captain. He may have screwed up his own legacy but he served the club well as captain.

:spoton:

In what way would you say he was a great captain? I've never rated him personally. Average defender prone to silly mistakes imo.

Nookie Bear

No I don't hate him at all. His time at Hearts is in the past and that's where it should remain.

Never ceases to amaze me how many on here wish to turn the clock back

On the basis I don;t see anyone yet coming in to replace Wilson, Zal is as good a shout as any.

In what way would you say he was a great captain? I've never rated him personally. Average defender prone to silly mistakes imo.

Really? In the few seasons up to the arrival of Burley he barely missed a game and was outstanding for us on a regular basis.

Can you provide examples of these silly mistakes?

Unknown user

Really? In the few seasons up to the arrival of Burley he barely missed a game and was outstanding for us on a regular basis.

The only reason people reacted so much against Elvis was because of what an outstanding captain he was for us and how much we loved him, it's pure spurned lover syndrome.

Don't get me wrong, I get it, I get that the old chest thumping alienated a lot of people but up until the day it went sour for him, he was a great Hearts captain. Anything that happened since doesn't change how good he was for us as captain, he was Mr Hearts.

Zaliukas might have won the cup but he doesn't come close IMO

sandylejambo

Hibby="he deserves every thing he gets" =cup winners meddle, captain on that great day, big fat salary from the Huns for mostly sitting in the stands and making him-self a dam fine standard of living in a foreign country, I should deserve some of that.

Guest C00l K1d

Since McCall came in, Zal has looked like the same player who lifted the scottish cup 3 years ago.

If his wages were not crazy, I'd love him back.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zal was on 6-8k. Without being harsh to the guy I think he'll stay at rangers as long as possible because I think that will be the biggest wage he can command now.

That was my perception at the time and watching him at Rangers reinforced it. I also remember him getting sent off more than he should have. I remember having little confidence in him at the time although no doubt he had some good games along the way.

That was my perception at the time and watching him at Rangers reinforced it. I also remember him getting sent off more than he should have. I remember having little confidence in him at the time although no doubt he had some good games along the way.

We're getting our wires crossed here mate, I was talking about Pressley.

Zaluikas made a large number of errors until the arrival of Sergio (or until he entered the final stages of his contract depending on how cynical you are).

Was not Zal's biggest fan the love in from some posters on here is ridiculous.

But for this thread I am absolutely loving him and the fact that he still winds up the hobos.

Clerry Jambo

But for this thread I am absolutely loving him and the fact that he still winds up the hobos.

:spoton:

Prince Buaben

Remember the zoomer that got Zaliukas 26 on his hibs top :facepalm:

Arthur Morgan

The only reason people reacted so much against Elvis was because of what an outstanding captain he was for us and how much we loved him, it's pure spurned lover syndrome.

Don't get me wrong, I get it, I get that the old chest thumping alienated a lot of people but up until the day it went sour for him, he was a great Hearts captain. Anything that happened since doesn't change how good he was for us as captain, he was Mr Hearts.

Zaliukas might have won the cup but he doesn't come close IMO

This.

Phil Dunphy

He was called bombscare for a good reason

No he wasn't.

He was highly rated amongst the majority of Hearts fans.

Why?

BRAVEHEART1874

When he was at hearts he used to wrap his arms around players a lot of the time he jumped and gave away a lot of free kicks and I am sure he got quite a few red cards playing for us. Maybe he got told to cut it out in his last year or so though.

As for the bombscare moments there were a few.

I don't know why but now he is at sevco he seems to win every high ball Without any fouls given against them at all? ;)

Tip keep it low Motherwell and we could just be reminded of these bombscare moments in the play offs

Archived