Andy Goram

jambothommo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travelling everywhere to see my club, Hearts. When we were down in Division 1. There werent many of us who went to every game, and I certainly do not remember anyone who looked like how you describe yourself...........

Would wearing a Rangers top make it acceptable to spit on a 13 year old boy? Really?? Good God.

For such a super fan it's a pity you can't even remember a story as well documented as the subject of this thread.

3fingersreid

"There's only one Andy Goram "was definitely sung and I remember him looking at the corner of the shed and it looking like he couldn't believe it :)

What a performance he did that day

Great keeper not so good off it tho

i wish jj was my dad

I never minded Goram too much when he was with the tramps but something quite sinister happened to him after he joined the bigots.  All this WATP crap seems to appeal most to folk that are thick and easily led astray. Quite sad really 

We_are_the_Hearts

Which Andy Goram we talking about? Both are just sad thick bigots, he actually hires himself out and goes to folks houses and gets paid to drink with them and talk shite.

Seymour M Hersh

Used to see him pretty regularly in Harry's Bar. Always pissed and always scruffy as fek.

noidletalk81

For such a super fan it's a pity you can't even remember a story as well documented as the subject of this thread.

Precisely, he was the only one! :rofl:

You look other instances from the past that are discussed, he'll either not comment or produce a fabricated account of the situation that is the polar opposite to what actually occurred!

As many members have rightfully stated, never a Hearts man in a month of Sunday's! 10/10 for attempting mind! :2thumbsup:

Big Slim Stylee
Which Andy Goram we talking about? Both are just sad thick bigots, he actually hires himself out and goes to folks houses and gets paid to drink with them and talk shite.[/

He's not anyone's favourite person but he has problems and they shouldn't be dismissed, man. Amazing keeper.

The Comedian

Superb keeper. Always remember a double save away to Latvia or Estonia which was top drawer. Jackson & Collins scored in it.

All the hun 'goalie' vibes were stinkin, though.

Seemed like a character.

So wait a minute, he conceded 3 goals but he was amazing?

Yes, he was. It could have been far more.

When Hibs beat us 6-2, Niemi also played well. He saved us from an bigger embarrassment.

So wait a minute, he conceded 3 goals but he was amazing?

Lol...you don't much about football fella.

john brownlee

As Gordon Banks once said " it's not the ones you save but the ones you don't that count.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spellczech

I always suspected he wore bigger gloves than other keepers. They always looked huuuuge

The Comedian

As Gordon Banks once said " it's not the ones you save but the ones you don't that count.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:what:

Remember the incident very well.

It was still 0-0 after about 55 mins, but 3-1 ten minutes later. After that it was shooting practice. Goram had the most astonishing 20 minutes of goalkeeping I've ever seen, in person or on TV. Any other 'keeper and we'd have hit double figures.

In the last few seconds when the game was petering out, the fans in the shed actually sang "Andy, Andy, give us a wave". He turned, looked a bit bemused and did not respond. The singing continued and he turned back and gave the shed a thumbs up. Then he was applauded.

I haven't read his autobiography but apparently the incident is mentioned.

Also recall my mate and I walking up McLeod Street shaking our heads in disbelief, even disappointment. 3-1 is a tasty derby win, would take it every time, but that was the one that got away for me. Still brasses me off that we didn't, numerically, avenge you know what.

Archived