Shoes off.......

Nixie

CollyWolly

Ibrox at the newspaper reading game at the end of 2005/06 is the first time I remember it happening.

5 years before the Cardiff article

super_vlad

It used to be, "we only need one shoe" or "we have only one shoe" it's been changed recently to "shoes off" remember it being sung at the main square in Prague was great scenes. It has something to do with crabbe scoring with only one boot on against rangers I think?

It used to be, "we only need one shoe" or "we have only one shoe" it's been changed recently to "shoes off" remember it being sung at the main square in Prague was great scenes. It has something to do with crabbe scoring with only one boot on against rangers I think?

Do you know mean Sandy Clark against Rangers in 1985? 

I was there at Easter rd that day , so funny - BRING OUT THE WE CUP !! Any footage of it ??

CollyWolly

Now that I think about it, wasn't it 'one shoe, you've only got one shoe' something to do with Glasgow shoplifters habitually stealing one shoe from displays ?

Now that I think about it, wasn't it 'one shoe, you've only got one shoe' something to do with Glasgow shoplifters habitually stealing one shoe from displays ?

Was not when tCeltic were in Lisbon stealing shoes from outside shops

kingantti1874

Was not when tCeltic were in Lisbon stealing shoes from outside shops

It was 20 years before Lisbon, collywolly is right and it started in the 1980's

Remember it well over 8 years ago at love street. It was the best part of a crap game.

The Gasman

I'm sure Hearts fans started singing it to Rangers fans, after Sandy Clark's goal (scored with one boot in his hand) against them in the mid eighties.

It was also sung by fans down south to Liverpool (post '89) in a bad taste reference to all the shoes left on the Hillsbourgh terracing.

kingantti1874

So did Hearts start it?

No idea, we have sung it for a very long time but a number of clubs used it to goad the Glasgow unwashed..

Archived