Next season

Toonhertz

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fxxx the SPFL

I think we could get off to a flyer we will be at home unfurling the league flag as will the smeltic so we probably won't meet them until game six or seven so hopefully we could have a few points in the bag by then.

Looking at Hamilton and Dundee finishing 7th and 6th this season then top 6 should be the minimum with the currant squad. Add 3-4 players and European qualification should be the aim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St Johnstone are a benchmark...just a solid team who are a top six side without an outstanding talent base.

Of course we should look to finish above them in future seasons but if we do next season it will prob mean top six and a chance of Europe.

Until we see other teams signings and departures then it will be difficult to fully judge but we should be aiming for top 6.

Turkishcap

Hamilton did really well and if they can then by heck we can, cant wait for the summer signings. 

We cannot get ahead of ourselves here, if we can consolidate and then kick on the following season that'll do me , also chuck in a wee cup run for good measure.

airdriejambo3

i think

Aberdeen - will have a squad of players of a similar quality to ours,

United - have not looked anywhere near the team they were since they lost the boys to Celtic.

ICT - looks like their squad will be pretty much decimated and will need a rebuilding season.

St Johnstone - Will be a decent team at home but shouldn't be as good as us.

Hamilton - I can see them having major relegation problems next year, i see them losing important players and looking to replace them with guys like Nade ... nuf said.

Ross County - Another season like this one just avoiding the bottom 2 will be success for them.

Dundee - I think Sir Paul will do really well next year earning himself a bigger job by Xmas cueing a drop in form but i can see them comfortably in the top 6.

Motherwell - I think if Well stay up then they will be around the top of the bottom half they have players that should have been better than an 11th place finish this term

or

Rangers -.will be a complete unknown as i dont think their will be many starters from this years team next year, maybe 2 or 3 at a push. I think McCall would be happy with a top 5 finish and a win and a draw in the OF games.

Celtic - yawn.. not even going to bother. 

Kilmarnock - I can see next year being the year that they finally dont just scrape out of bother and will be in a battle at the bottom.

Hearts - our home form and start will be important, we should be comfortably in the top 6 and maybe 2nd is a bit much to ask but 3rd or 4th is certainly do-able. 

luckyBatistuta

Top 4 for me, but it all depends on whether they try and shaft us from the get go. Celtic and Aberdeen away in the first 3 fixtures...you watch.

Francis Albert

What's everyone's opinions on next season, where should hearts aim to finish? Get few more players and we should finish 2nd maybe 3rd Is that too optimistic?

We should aim to finish first. What we'd be satisfied with, disappointed with, or prepared to settle for are all different questions to which I'd say top 3 or 4, bottom 6, and top 6 respectively.

Yip, and we are Hearts not Valencia, but I agree with your bottom 6 comments.

And Aberdeen are not Real Madrid.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top 4 for me, but it all depends on whether they try and shaft us from the get go. Celtic and Aberdeen away in the first 3 fixtures...you watch.

like rangers Hibs Falkirk this season, bring it on

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think we could get off to a flyer we will be at home unfurling the league flag as will the smeltic so we probably won't meet them until game six or seven so hopefully we could have a few points in the bag by then.

Like last season, I hope we get the two strongest teams first and second in the league. I'll take Aberdeen at home, followed by Celtic away. Then we have either got off to an absolute flyer, or we don't have to play them again for a while and can build momentum. I'd sooner play Celtic away before they hit their stride, then set about accumulating points before the next meeting with them. To a much smaller degree, the same applies to the sheep.

I'd love it to be 2nd or 3rd but would be happy top 6 and a good cup run and not meeting Celtic in the cup again would be lovely.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Top six should be a minimum - there's some utter dross in the bottom half of the league. Hamilton will go down like a stone, Ross County will be prime play-off candidates and unless Hartley sorts out Dundee's chronic back line then they could struggle if Stewart stops scoring now that Clarkson is away.

Our current squad should be able to compete with the likes of St. Johnstone and Dundee Utd. A few additions and it's possible we'll be in he hunt for 3rd, 2nd at a push. I wouldn't bank on Rangers, should they come up, being second automatically. They couldn't cope only having two teams of a "similar level" this season - having a fair few more with the added pressure of being so far behind Celtic could see them struggle.

Celtic will once again skoosh league np but we're due at least a performance against them - ever since the SC semi-final win in 2012 our showings against them have been pathetic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Order of fixtures means absolutely nothing.

Strongly disagree. Momentum and peaking in performance are massive parts of getting results. The psychological boost of a winning run is very important, not the single most important, but very important nonetheless.

Strongly disagree. Momentum and peaking in performance are massive parts of getting results. The psychological boost of a winning run is very important, not the single most important, but very important nonetheless.

Beating Aberdeen and Celtic on consecutive weeks could set us on a run, going on a good run from the off then meeting Aberdeen and celtic, losing both could knock confidence and put us on a bad run etc etc, you don't know what can happen, just take them as they come.

Agreed. Hence the intensive horse-trading of fixtures that goes on once the group members are announced for a Euro/World Cup qualification campaign.

luckyBatistuta

Beating Aberdeen and Celtic on consecutive weeks could set us on a run, going on a good run from the off then meeting Aberdeen and celtic, losing both could knock confidence and put us on a bad run etc etc, you don't know what can happen, just take them as they come.

When this seasons fixtures came out and you saw we had Rangers at home on the last day, what were your thoughts???

When this seasons fixtures came out and you saw we had Rangers at home on the last day, what were your thoughts???

potential title decider, what was your thoughts?

Bridge of Djoum

Top six should always be the bare minimum. It being our "first season back" is an irrelevance.

Drivel.

It's entirely relevant.

luckyBatistuta

potential title decider, what was your thoughts?

Same, but did you think it could be an advantage being at home on the last day in a potential title decider.

Getintaethem

Would like to qualify for Europe but think it's a big ask. We'll do really well to be top 4, more likely to finish 5th-8th. Don't think we'll be in relegation trouble but it's hard to make any predictions until the squads are decided.

Same, but did you think it could be an advantage being at home on the last day in a potential title decider.

It would have been but it wasn't a title decider, i know you're trying to make a point but it's just not there, the fact is you need to win games, how the fixtures fall is not important, you can't predict what will happen before a ball is kicked

Bazzas right boot

i think

Aberdeen - will have a squad of players of a similar quality to ours,

United - have not looked anywhere near the team they were since they lost the boys to Celtic.

ICT - looks like their squad will be pretty much decimated and will need a rebuilding season.

St Johnstone - Will be a decent team at home but shouldn't be as good as us.

Hamilton - I can see them having major relegation problems next year, i see them losing important players and looking to replace them with guys like Nade ... nuf said.

Ross County - Another season like this one just avoiding the bottom 2 will be success for them.

Dundee - I think Sir Paul will do really well next year earning himself a bigger job by Xmas cueing a drop in form but i can see them comfortably in the top 6.

Motherwell - I think if Well stay up then they will be around the top of the bottom half they have players that should have been better than an 11th place finish this term

or

Rangers -.will be a complete unknown as i dont think their will be many starters from this years team next year, maybe 2 or 3 at a push. I think McCall would be happy with a top 5 finish and a win and a draw in the OF games.

Celtic - yawn.. not even going to bother. 

Kilmarnock - I can see next year being the year that they finally dont just scrape out of bother and will be in a battle at the bottom.

Hearts - our home form and start will be important, we should be comfortably in the top 6 and maybe 2nd is a bit much to ask but 3rd or 4th is certainly do-able. 

I think some are under estimating the league, just the same as some are over estimating the quality.

Aberdeen should be a fair bit above us, as things stand. It would take 4/5 enhancements to our team and hope that players like Sow, Anderson, Ell hass take to the top flight with ease in order to get near them.

Gomis and Bauben struggled in the top league last time out, hopefully they have discovered their 1st spell form.

The rest I tend to agree with, but if we are near Aberdeen, that would mean we are in for a fantastic season of around 75 points, I cannot se that.

luckyBatistuta

It would have been but it wasn't a title decider, i know you're trying to make a point but it's just not there, the fact is you need to win games, how the fixtures fall is not important, you can't predict what will happen before a ball is kicked

I know your getting the point but just not admitting it. The fact you say "It would have been" important to be at home in that game says you get it.

kingantti1874

I think some are under estimating the league, just the same as some are over estimating the quality.

Aberdeen should be a fair bit above us, as things stand. It would take 4/5 enhancements to our team and hope that players like Sow, Anderson, Ell hass take to the top flight with ease in order to get near them.

Gomis and Bauben struggled in the top league last time out, hopefully they have discovered their 1st spell form.

The rest I tend to agree with, but if we are near Aberdeen, that would mean we are in for a fantastic season of around 75 points, I cannot se that.

75 points? There is no chance Aberdeen will get anywhere near that - Aberdeen lost 3 times to a hearts team full of kids only 12 months ago ... We represent 12 free points they won't be picking up for a start.. This years SPL was not representative of the SPL, as well as the 3 teams who'd normally be fighting relegation there were 3 teams who would definitely be in it if it were not for circumstance, The whole bottom 6 was basically first division standard...

I saw them live twice.. They are no great shakes.

I know your getting the point but just not admitting it. The fact you say "It would have been" important to be at home in that game says you get it.

But it wasn't a title decider because we had won enough games before that therefore it didn't matter, honestly man i could write a big spiel about how you are wrong and how fixtures can be looked at negatively but actually work out to be a positive but i can't be arsed tbh, give up.

luckyBatistuta

The finish line is now in sight for Premier League teams - and every game takes on added importance at either end of the table.

And past history suggests that the FIXTURE LIST, as much as form and fitness, could PLAY A DECISIVE ROLE in deciding who ends the season with a flourish.

Based on the average league position of their remaining opponents, West Ham have the easiest run-in to the end of the season, while West Bromwich have the toughest - they play the top five clubs, and will be hoping their top flight safety is secured sooner rather than later.

When it comes to challenging for the title, Manchester City have the easiest run-in, facing eight teams outside the top six. From the top four, Manchester United's hopes of securing a Champions League place are looking more flimsy as they face five of the current top seven, although Liverpool's run of games is hardly easier. Southampton and Tottenham, on the other hand, mainly face lower-half sides - even if Spurs have seven out of 11 remaining games away from home.

At the bottom, Hull and Crystal Palace are both keeping their heads above water at the moment, but both have horrible-looking run-ins, while Leicester should not lose hope just yet: the average position of their remaining opponents is 11.4.

By David Dawkins The Telegraph

What a baffoon suggesting something ridiculous like that. Sack him.

I'm done and moving on.

luckyBatistuta

You just don't get it do you, sad to see really.

Neither does a leading sports reporter at The Telegraph. Maybe you should apply for his job, seeing as he doesn't have your intellectual prowess.

Bazzas right boot

75 points? There is no chance Aberdeen will get anywhere near that - Aberdeen lost 3 times to a hearts team full of kids only 12 months ago ... We represent 12 free points they won't be picking up for a start.. This years SPL was not representative of the SPL, as well as the 3 teams who'd normally be fighting relegation there were 3 teams who would definitely be in it if it were not for circumstance, The whole bottom 6 was basically first division standard...

I saw them live twice.. They are no great shakes.

You may be right, I am only going on this season.

Still think we have a bit to go to compete with them, however not much difference in the rest of the league and as I said if we make the top six, 3rd/ 4th would be within our reach.

Neither does a leading sports reporter at The Telegraph. Maybe you should apply for his job, seeing as he doesn't have your intellectual prowess.

The fixture list becomes relevant at certain times of the season, you don't know for the most part who is going to be in the top or bottom half of the table, who is on form etc, and if you read the article you have went away and searched for to try and make your point, it has infact proved my point that the fixture list generally means **** all.

Bert Le Clos

If Rangers go up I'd be happy with top 6.

If Rangers don't go up I'd be happy with top 4.

I'll be surprised if ICT do as well as they have this year. So I see us fighting with Aberdeen and Dundee Utd (who I think will strengthen) for 2nd. Obviously add Rangers into that mix if they get passed Motherwell.

In short, I'd be aiming for 4th. But 2nd is by no means unachievable. Unlikely though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The fixture list becomes relevant at certain times of the season, you don't know for the most part who is going to be in the top or bottom half of the table, who is on form etc, and if you read the article you have went away and searched for to try and make your point, it has infact proved my point that the fixture list generally means **** all.

Disagree with the bit about not knowing who will be in the top and bottom half, or more pertinently in this discussion, who will be nearly as good, as good and better than us. Last season I was happy we got what I perceived to be our two biggest rivals right off the bat, because of the reasons I gave before, momentum, and catching teams cold. Next season, I feel equally able to predict that Aberdeen and Celtic will be the two strongest teams, with others being not necessarily as good as us, due to what I've seen of them, and resources available. Therefore, I want a similar start to last season.

Tynecastle will be a fortress next season.

Robbies training and tactics along with our recruitment will see us up there rinising these two bit mobs.

I'll be disappointed if we don't finish in the top 3.

luckyBatistuta

its there in bold in YOUR post that its relevant. Why generally and not definitely though Lewis,That only means in "most cases not all"  in YOUR post. If i sit back and look at it all i kind of think we both have a point (different obviously) but it's not worth falling out over. So i'm going to move on, but you can have the last post....sound fair.

**** me man, if you can't see where you have got it all wrong then there is cleary no point in having a serious discussion with you.

Wtf you on about with the you can have the last post shite, you've clearly came for a petty argument, which is all you do tbh, scoured the internet to find something to back up your argument and you've been shredded, sound fair?

grumpyespana

Its hard to know where we will finish next season until we find out who our new signings are then we can say more,personally we should finish in the top half.

Grumpy

luckyBatistuta

**** me man, if you can't see where you have got it all wrong then there is cleary no point in having a serious discussion with you.

Ok,I said I'd let you have the last post and not to fall out over it, but you just couldn't help yourself could you. You just had to have an attack.You really are lower than a slugs ballsack.

Fxxx the SPFL

we can't get Celtic in game two as that would mean either us or them playing two home games in a row won't happen I think we will get them in game six or seven.

Ok,I said I'd let you have the last post and not to fall out over it, but you just couldn't help yourself could you. You just had to have an attack.You really are lower than a slugs ballsack.

Why are you now picking segments of my post to suit you haha hahaha, jesus christ i need to watch what i say so that I don't 'abuse' anyone but seriously, go away.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

we can't get Celtic in game two as that would mean either us or them playing two home games in a row won't happen I think we will get them in game six or seven.

A good point, right enough. Game One Aberdeen at home, game three Celtic away then for me, please. :)

Having a bad night son?

You're giving me a headache, likes.

Fxxx the SPFL

A good point, right enough. Game One Aberdeen at home, game three Celtic away then for me, please. :)

I was looking at previous seasons fixture lists and it seems to be game five when you are either home/away twice in a row.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I was looking at previous seasons fixture lists and it seems to be game five when you are either home/away twice in a row.

About the time when TV companies have a wee handle on who might be worth putting on TV maybe? Or perhaps when other competitions than the league start to get slotted in to the schedule?

Fxxx the SPFL

About the time when TV companies have a wee handle on who might be worth putting on TV maybe? Or perhaps when other competitions than the league start to get slotted in to the schedule?

I agree I think a lot will depend on if the huns come up no doubt that will influence the fixture list. Celtic v The Rangers first game in, then us away at Castle Greyskull.

airthjambo

We cannot get ahead of ourselves here, if we can consolidate and then kick on the following season that'll do me , also chuck in a wee cup run for good measure.

This is my view back to 1983/84 consolidate our position to start with

While I don't rate the Spl that high, it will be harder.

Neilson won't quite know who'll cut the mustard until he has a season under his belt. This is where progression comes in and knowing where to fine tune.

It irks me just now to think Hearts can't turn over most of the teams in the Spl on a regular basis but the reality is a few of our players need to learn and deal with tougher situations in a harder league and mature from it and develop.

They have had a good grounding in the championship though. Neilson must take credit for the level of focus and consistency he instilled in the team very quickly and the players will naturally have that level of performance engrained in their make up.

Transferring that to the Spl will be a test but I think it's achievable. ............if we can, top 4 for me.( but that's me reining myself in a bit :) )

Archived