Danny Wilson Signs for Rangers

Des' Dad

The seasons been finished (for us) for three weeks but still no news about where he is going, not that he will be missed. Could it be he is lined for one of the teams still involved in play-offs and is awaiting the outcome?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The seasons been finished (for us) for three weeks but still no news about where he is going, not that he will be missed. Could it be he is lined for one of the teams still involved in play-offs and is awaiting the outcome?

Probably on his holibags.

I always had an odd feeling Rangers were interested. But I think it's a case that his deal, wherever it is, was agreed long ago. So likely he's not panicking and neither are the club. They'll announce it soon enough.

It's clear he has left us but why the secrecy about where he is going? It's not up to Hearts to make any announcement it's up to him. Just seems slightly strange.

Unknown user

Most top division teams' seasons haven't finished yet, why would they be in a rush? Maybe they're waiting to unveil him with a hew strip, maybe they don't want to unsettle the current team, maybe they have other reasons, maybe he hasn't signed for anyone yet.

I'll miss him BTW, as Captain in one of my favourite seasons, I'll buy him a pint and show my respects if I ever bump into him

I am more interested in who is coming in to improve the position and who will be a real captain next season.

Can't say i've been bothered a jot about Danny Wilson from may 3rd onwards.

Hungry hippo

It's clear he has left us but why the secrecy about where he is going? It's not up to Hearts to make any announcement it's up to him. Just seems slightly strange.

Not really strange. Most free agents don't sign for anyone until June or July.

Presumably an announcement will come on the 1st of june as that is when he is a free agent?

I would say the team he is 100% waiting on plays its final game tomorrow. He then has to wait and see if a loan players loan move is terminated or extended and if that loan players playing partner gets a move away from the club he is waiting on! Very risky pan if u ask me.

People are in such a rush these days!  

Players take holidays just like anyone else and there`s always a period of non activity after the season end in the build up to the transfer window opening.

To be fair it must take him quite a while to get through to Glasgow considering he has no limbs and has to slither along on his belly.

Am I doing this right?

Tommy Brown

Waiting on DK to find the keys to the War Chest.

The kids' inhertence money, blah blah.

Waiting on DK to find the keys to the War Chest.

The kids' inhertence money, blah blah.

His 'gift' will be a loan, or in exchange for shares, so not a gift.

He will still be under contract I would imagine. Teams would have had contracts running until June the first in case of being in the play offs.

He will still be under contract I would imagine. Teams would have had contracts running until June the first in case of being in the play offs.

True, but i don't know there'd be any reason why he could announce he was going to sign for someone when his contract ran out. If he has, then there's no reason to think that there's anything strange going on simply be because he hasn't made the choice to publicize this.

I hope he signs for Celtic.

The idea of their back line consisting of Boyata and Wilson actually gives me hope of teams getting results against them.

chuck berrys hairline

Think he'll sign for Rangers if they get promoted!

OmiyaHearts

Most Celtic fans I know are saying its a done deal and he's been told he'll be a squad player.

Phil D. Corners

Most league seasons play offs have not finnised yet. Will take a couple more weeks before the transfer bus gets moving.

Teuchterjambo

Maybe the guy feels no obligation to tell Hearts supporters many of whom slaughtered him relentlessly what his plans for the future are ... that is his business and the business of his new employers whoever they are.

Unbelievable attitude of self importance on here ... how dare he not divulge his plans to the people who were slaughtering him.

Pathetic.

Mister Dee

Good luck to him, but as he's left the Club I can't say I really care.

More interested in HMFC.

Since he played a major part in us only conceding 26 goals in 36 league games I am a bit gutted we never got another season out of him. He was good for hearts and hearts were good for him.

Can still see him developing into a full international player on a regular basis.

For us next season, central defence is a difficult position to sign quality for value but hopefully levein has someone lined up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's purely down to cash. For me he should be given the upmost respect for playing through all the difficulties when in the greatest of respect he could have quite easily walked away. He has helped to guide hearts out of the championship and he can walk away with his head held high. Don't blame him what so ever if he thinks he can get better money else where. His choice if he wants to be a squad player and get more cash. I'd rather he have stayed for another season but his choice.

I think Gary Locke did a great job for us.

I think Danny Wilson did a great job for us.

Wish them both all the best.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Right, let's discuss Gary Locke.................

Bit disappointed we didn't get a fee for a player once valued at 2 million tbh

According to Robbie Neilson, Wilson took a big pay cut to continue playing for us this season.  Doubt that pay cut would have amounted to anything like ?2m, but I think we've probably had our money's worth from him.

williamgerrard

As i said on a previous post a few weeks ago hes been tapped up to go to ibrox and i still stand by it   if they get up rangers will sign D.wilson and s allan and i wouldnt be so surpised if they tried to get zeefuik  aswell rember this is rangers we are talking about

gashauskis9

Can't say i've been bothered a jot about Danny Wilson from may 3rd onwards.

This.

He's gone, his whereabouts don't interest me in the slightest.

Robbie Neilson

When he signs for either Celtic or Rangers and winds up on the bench, just mind he opted out of his contract with us do to it

Tynecastle Valhalla

I disagree and think he will be missed

Would be a good left back for us

Can see him at celtic

3fingersreid

4 year deal at Celtic

I still don't think he'll be as "easily replaced" as many think . Yes we might and I hope we do sign another big Oz who settled in straight away or we sign another El Hass who takes time to settle , especially if they're free signings and coming to a new country

If folk are that bothered he was in Costco at Straiton yesterday, buying a big new telly, looked the business.

I asked him where he was going to be playing next season but he said "**** off ya Hertz *****".

Source - me

Straightfromtheheart

He's on holiday, will be playing abroad next season.

:spoton: defo moving abroad for a new challenge

Glamorgan Jambo

So it's nailed on that he's playing for Celtic, Rangers, and a foreign club next season. Nice....

menstrie1874

So it's nailed on that he's playing for Celtic, Rangers, and a foreign club next season. Nice....

South of France, good eating and fine weather :-)

maroonnicky63

no

maroonnicky63

Sorry.

spot on mate well said.

Stayed with us last year when he could have walked. Fine by me. Don't particularly rate him, but wish him all the best for the future, he seems a decent enough guy. I'd prefer us to have more Scottish players but that has never been Levein's philosophy.

Big Slim Stylee

The seasons been finished (for us) for three weeks but still no news about where he is going, not that he will be missed.?

I think he'd probably-and rightly-reply it's none of your business, tbh.

Thanks, Danny.

I am more interested in who is coming in to improve the position and who will be a real captain next season.

sadky I believe it will be Gomis as captain next year

Great player - yes

Inspirational- meh

Great player - yes

Inspirational- meh

queensferryjambo

Great player - yes

Inspirational- meh

If the opinion of the players counts for anything Gomis is well enough respected amongst his colleagues - he was voted players player of the year remember.

Archived