Newcastle

Jambos_1874

Jambos_1874

I'm heading down to Newcastle for a night out tomorrow - does anyone have any recommendations of decent areas/bars? Ideally bars that have a decent atmosphere and aren't absolutely packed (although probably hard to avoid on a Sat night). Also is there much to do in Newcastle? Had a look online and the city doesn't seem to have any attractions other than having lots of places to allow you to get pished!

Northern Soul Allnighter@The Fed but its a sell out

Just get yourself to the Bigg Market

Restonbabe

Going there to get pissed is the attraction.

Newcastle is a hole

Really enjoyed Newcastle when I was down 2 years ago for my mates 40th.

We spent two nights there and were in and out a lot of places.

On the Saturday night we had a table booked in Madame Koos nightclub downstairs and the music was quality. Recommend it.

va va voom

Depends what you are after. If it's pull a slut then the Bigg Market or the Gate are your best bet. If your after a better standard of bar and indeed bursd then places like DatBar, bierrex, Lady Greys and Bierrex and the botanist which are all close to Monument metro station are a good shout. There are also some good bars and restaurants down the quayside. If you fancy venturing a bit outside the city centre Gosforth has some good bars and a wee bit further in South Gosforth is my old local the Brandling Villa, who do lots of good real ales and good food, the burgers are good as are the names, such as The Dirty Thoughts of Cheryl Cole (includes a sausage roll) and A Night In With Susan Boyle.

The Newcastle unity festival is on in leazes park, free music festival.

ouseburn has some cracking bars, go down quayside and just keep walking along you will come to them.

stay clear of the gate and the bigg market as they are shite

Jambothump

Was down there a couple of weeks ago, ended up staying in a boutique type hotel I'd stayed in 33 years previously, when it was also a knocking shop. The place has went well down hill, then you could get a 1/4lb cheesburger 24/7 for 60p.

• 2 weeks later...
jambo-fletch

I'm heading up to Newcastle on Friday from Bedfordshire for the weekend with around 11 mates. We're all in our early 20's and haven't been before. We are staying in the Hampton by Hilton and was just wondering where people would recommend going for a night out? Best bars, cheap bars etc!

Cheers!

jambo-fletch

Yeah I've heard the diamond strip is good! I think we're right next to it, which would be convenient. I imagine it's fairly pricey for drinks?

Mr God Awful Ugly

Was just there at the weekend on my stag do. It was drunken carnage.

Stayed in the New Northumbria in Jesmond and taxi'd to the centre. Hotel is pretty good.

Say What Again

Had a night out there a few years back after a day at the races. Every single boozer we were in looked ready to kick off. Every single one :lol:

As It happened we only actually saw one fight, and that was two reeking lassies outside Tiger Tiger about 6pm!

Bert Le Clos

Jesmond is really good for drinking before you head into the centre.

jambo-fletch

Yeah might head to jesmond for a few drinks before ending up in the centre of town. Does it get fairly busy early on there? Will probably look at getting taxis from our hotel to jesmond

va va voom

Most of the fights I witnessed living down there, were drunken Stag dos from other parts of the country.

Archived